PDA

View Full Version : What Is This Bird?

DynaRider
11-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Throughout the game I hear a bird make a sound much like a table saw ripping a board. I'm sure I've heard the sound before on a nature show but can't remember what kind of bird it is. Also in places I hear what sounds like a turkey gobbling. Is it a turkey or some other critter?

Painshadow
11-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Throughout the game I hear a bird make a sound much like a table saw ripping a board. I'm sure I've heard the sound before on a nature show but can't remember what kind of bird it is. Also in places I hear what sounds like a turkey gobbling. Is it a turkey or some other critter?

In playing the 360 version (cannot wait to buy the PC version :)), there are all kinds of wildlife to discover. It is really amazing the ambient sound detail put into the game. I think the bird you are speaking of is a Jackdaw bird. They are black and look much like a crow. I don't think it's a seagull. The other bird you are talking about i think is a chicken or rooster.

DynaRider
11-19-2013, 02:11 AM
I Googled the Jackdaw bird sound and it's not the one that I hear.

Dagnabbit. I just discovered this question is in the PC forum. Should be in the Console forum. I'll post again there.

Stiler
11-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Maybe a Lyre bird?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y

It can mimic and do plenty of other sounds even from other species of birds.