PDA

View Full Version : Connor and Aveline for the next AC game? (Aveline Mission Spoilers)

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I know there are a lot of these, I normally don't bother with these kinds of threads but I actually think I might have something...

The Aveline missions are where the theory springs from. It starts off with Connor reading his own letter he sent to Aveline in which he states that he wants Aveline to find a woman called Patience because when he did it he got his butt kicked (soz but he says it :p). They want to recruit her.

From this I thought one thing, why did they get Noah back to do voice over for just a few paragraphs? Sure I guess they could get him back to do a paragraph or two but it seems so little to even both with that, it could have opened with a speech from Aveline detailing the mission.

The missions also revolve around some PoE(?) that Patience shoves up her woman parts. The fact that these 3 missions even revolve around a PoE was a bit weird to me as it just seemed really odd to just throw this story at us with no real plot and with short mission lengths. So then I thought about whether this is going to act as a prologue to the next AC game.

Bringing this all together, I think Noah did the voice over because he is already recording some Connor scripts. From the Aveline missions it is heavily implied that Connor is rebuilding the brotherhood WITH Aveline as well.

I know Darby said another Connor game wasn't likely, but what does this really mean? What if the next AC game lets you play as a new Assassin, but under Connor as the mentor of the Brotherhood? Technically that's not playing as Connor but he still has a presence.

Thoughts?

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 12:57 PM
I think no.

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I think no.

Do you actually think no or do you just really not want to see Connor again haha. If I'm honest, I really want Aveline to get a full console game, she seems really cool.

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Do you actually think no or do you just really not want to see Connor again haha. If I'm honest, I really want Aveline to get a full console game, she seems really cool.Connor's had his turn. We need to get a far away from him as possible. It's time for the Ancient world.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 02:04 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806031-Darby-just-annouced-Connor-sequel-quot-not-very-likely

Also, the Aveline DLC was the worst DLC I have ever played. However, due to the market analysis in AC IV: BF - I assume they will make a game with her (but not Connor).

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 02:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/806031-Darby-just-annouced-Connor-sequel-quot-not-very-likely

Also, the Aveline DLC was the worst DLC I have ever played. However, due to the market analysis in AC IV: BF - I assume they will make a game with her (but not Connor).It's been made.

AC: LiberationS, which is coming to consoles some time next year.

DetroitPlaya
11-18-2013, 02:08 PM
It's been made.

I know, but I mean another one.

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 02:17 PM
I know, but I mean another one.T.ey wont make another one, Aveline's story is done.

silvermercy
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Connor it's still quite likely. Maybe as some kind of mentor. Aveline I'm not so sure... It'd be cool to see her in a full game console of course but I think her story is indeed told.
(Besides she'll have her own HD console presence next year anyway).

xx-pyro
11-18-2013, 02:53 PM
Connor it's still quite likely. Maybe as some kind of mentor. Aveline I'm not so sure... It'd be cool to see her in a full game console of course but I think her story is indeed told.
(Besides she'll have her own HD console presence next year anyway).

B-b-b-but Darby said Connor isn't at all likely. :cool:

silvermercy
11-18-2013, 03:07 PM
But not impossible. ;)

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM

He said there won't be another Connor game, but that was in response to whether we would play as him or not, not whether he would make an appearance.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I think no.

Connor's had his turn. We need to get a far away from him as possible. It's time for the Ancient world.

It's been made.

T.ey wont make another one, Aveline's story is done.

Oh you and your crystal ball!

So what's next, praytell. I can't wait to hear it!

As for the topic, I'd like to see more from these two Assassins. I can see Connor being a mentor easily.

PedroAntonio2
11-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Darby is not Ubisoft. He is just a writer and it's possible that he won't even come back to ACV, maybe is Corey May again or another writer. And it would be pretty stupid to show Connor in ACIII and forget him forever, they need to end his story, what is the point in creating a character ,so he won't come back in future games ? I want him back, main character or secondary character, but I want to see his ending.

dxsxhxcx
11-18-2013, 03:44 PM
this would limit the number of settings they could choose for the next game unless they make Connor the Mentor behind the entire Order like the Mentor in the AC comic (The Fall) but I don't remember when this began to happen...

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh you and your crystal ball!

So what's next, praytell. I can't wait to hear it!

As for the topic, I'd like to see more from these two Assassins. I can see Connor being a mentor easily.I can see me, in a dark room, surrounded by elephants and what looks to be a platypus shoving the crystal ball up your meatus, have fun.

Anywho when both Darby and Ashraf say it's not happening, it's not happening. If they want to use the American setting they would have used Connor. So we are definitely not in America.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 04:03 PM
I think no.

Connor's had his turn. We need to get a far away from him as possible. It's time for the Ancient world.

It's been made.

I can see me, in a dark room, surrounded by elephants and what looks to be a platypus shoving the crystal ball up your meatus, have fun.

Anywho when both Darby and Ashraf say it's not happening, it's not happening. If they want to use the American setting they would have used Connor. So we are definitely not in America.

It's been said before that Darby and Ashraf aren't Ubisoft as a whole. And nothing was mentioned about Aveline at all, just Connor.

Maybe instead of dragging the thread down, you can post something more worthwhile or what you think is "funny" because your posts really never bring anything to the table regarding the topic at hand.

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 04:07 PM
It's been said before that Darby and Ashraf aren't Ubisoft as a whole. And nothing was mentioned about Aveline at all, just Connor.

Maybe instead of dragging the thread down, you can post something more worthwhile or what you think is "funny" because your posts really never bring anything to the table regarding the topic at hand.Darby and Ash are representing Ubisoft, they wouldn't say such things as backflips never turn out good for a company. Look at the X1, it did a complete 180 and everything that was said was positive and still people hated it because they went back on their word. It paints the company in a bad light whether it is bad or good.

Connor will not be back.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Darby and Ash are representing Ubisoft, they wouldn't say such things as backflips never turn out good for a company. Look at the X1, it did a complete 180 and everything that was said was positive and still people hated it because they went back on their word. It paints the company in a bad light whether it is bad or good.

Connor will not be back.

Darby said *he* wouldn't want to do Connor.

Besides, I'm not saying they are coming back, I'm saying that it would be great to see his story to completion, even if in a Revelations style arc. Most in the thread are saying how nice it would be to have Connor back, nothing definitive.

And the Xbox One has nothing to do with this conversation. Terrible analogy.

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Darby said *he* wouldn't want to do Connor.

Besides, I'm not saying they are coming back, I'm saying that it would be great to see his story to completion, even if in a Revelations style arc. Most in the thread are saying how nice it would be to have Connor back, nothing definitive.

And the Xbox One has nothing to do with this conversation. Terrible analogy.No Ashraf said he wouldn't want to do Connor, Darby said it was unlikely he was coming back at all, which means no.

And I'm saying I don't want him back, why are different opinion's not welcome on this site?

Since when do analogies have to do with the topic at hand? The point of an analogy is to show similarities in a different situation.

pirate1802
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
The missions also revolve around some PoE(?) that Patience shoves up her woman parts.

...wut?

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 04:21 PM
No Ashraf said he wouldn't want to do Connor, Darby said it was unlikely he was coming back at all, which means no.

And I'm saying I don't want him back, why are different opinion's not welcome on this site?

Since when do analogies have to do with the topic at hand? The point of an analogy is to show similarities in a different situation.

And Ashraf isn't the executive producer of every Assassin's Creed game either.

The point I'm making is that you come across as a tool about it. You're just being negative about it. Companies have changed their minds in the past, and people just want closure. They aren't even suggesting a full on game.

And to say nothing of Aveline. Connor could easily be Aveline's mentor, and that would be some sort of closure for them. In 4, Aveline is talked about prettily heavily, so it's possible she could get a full on game. Even the Abstergo focus groups found Aveline to be "approved."

But your analogy doesn't apply, because Microsoft is not Ubisoft. In fact, your analogy backfires because it shows that companies, like I said before, change their minds.

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 04:24 PM
...wut?

8:33, it is pretty hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7XrEiGAUSU

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
And Ashraf isn't the executive producer of every Assassin's Creed game either.

The point I'm making is that you come across as a tool about it. You're just being negative about it. Companies have changed their minds in the past, and people just want closure. They aren't even suggesting a full on game.

And to say nothing of Aveline. Connor could easily be Aveline's mentor, and that would be some sort of closure for them. In 4, Aveline is talked about prettily heavily, so it's possible she could get a full on game. Even the Abstergo focus groups found Aveline to be "approved."

But your analogy doesn't apply, because Microsoft is not Ubisoft. In fact, your analogy backfires because it shows that companies, like I said before, change their minds.Indeed he is not, but he's not going to get every single AC creative director to say how Connor wont be back.

I was merely stating my opinion, if it makes me a tool then it makes you a fool for getting so amped up about it.

She was mentioned in her own story line, you know she was the main character. Abstergo saying approved is how Liberation came out, why would they release Liberation and then approved her? Aveline's DLC in AC4 was her closure.

Wow. I was saying how when companies change their minds it backfires no matter what. How does Ubisoft and Microsoft not being the same company change things?

pirate1802
11-18-2013, 04:29 PM
*grabs popcorn*

*checks spelling*

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Indeed he is not, but he's not going to get every single AC creative director to say how Connor wont be back.

I was merely stating my opinion, if it makes me a tool then it makes you a fool for getting so amped up about it.

She was mentioned in her own story line, you know she was the main character. Abstergo saying approved is how Liberation came out, why would they release Liberation and then approved her? Aveline's DLC in AC4 was her closure.

Wow. I was saying how when companies change their minds it backfires no matter what. How does Ubisoft and Microsoft not being the same company change things?

It doesn't "amp" me up in the least. I'm not the one stating my opinion as fact though, so you know, there's that.

I haven't played the DLC yet, but Aveline goes to find someone and get a POE to help start up a brotherhood. That's hardly any sort of closure.

Also, the difference again is, Ubisoft is not Microsoft. Compared from Sony to Microsoft, Sony changes it's mind on it's policies far more often than MS does.

Hans684
11-18-2013, 04:36 PM
I know there are a lot of these, I normally don't bother with these kinds of threads but I actually think I might have something...

The Aveline missions are where the theory springs from. It starts off with Connor reading his own letter he sent to Aveline in which he states that he wants Aveline to find a woman called Patience because when he did it he got his butt kicked (soz but he says it :p). They want to recruit her.

From this I thought one thing, why did they get Noah back to do voice over for just a few paragraphs? Sure I guess they could get him back to do a paragraph or two but it seems so little to even both with that, it could have opened with a speech from Aveline detailing the mission.

The missions also revolve around some PoE(?) that Patience shoves up her woman parts. The fact that these 3 missions even revolve around a PoE was a bit weird to me as it just seemed really odd to just throw this story at us with no real plot and with short mission lengths. So then I thought about whether this is going to act as a prologue to the next AC game.

Bringing this all together, I think Noah did the voice over because he is already recording some Connor scripts. From the Aveline missions it is heavily implied that Connor is rebuilding the brotherhood WITH Aveline as well.

I know Darby said another Connor game wasn't likely, but what does this really mean? What if the next AC game lets you play as a new Assassin, but under Connor as the mentor of the Brotherhood? Technically that's not playing as Connor but he still has a presence.

Thoughts?

They don't use a year to make an AC game(three years, in case you didn't know), so while they made AC3 & ACIVBF they made him say his script for both games.

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 04:36 PM
It doesn't "amp" me up in the least. I'm not the one stating my opinion as fact though, so you know, there's that.

I haven't played the DLC yet, but Aveline goes to find someone and get a POE to help start up a brotherhood. That's hardly any sort of closure.

Also, the difference again is, Ubisoft is not Microsoft. Compared from Sony to Microsoft, Sony changes it's mind on it's policies far more often than MS does.My opinion is fact though, I can tell because I said it lololol.

Indeed it's not closure, but it's all you're getting.

How does Sony come into this? What are you even talking about?

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 04:38 PM
My opinion is fact though, I can tell because I said it lololol.

Indeed it's not closure, but it's all you're getting.

How does Sony come into this? What are you even talking about?

Well, we'll see. Perhaps extra closure for the both of them in Liberation HD.

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, we'll see. Perhaps extra closure for the both of them in Liberation HD.Hopefully Connor dies of potato poisoning, it would be a fitting ending.

pirate1802
11-18-2013, 04:47 PM
hopefully connor dies of potato poisoning, it would be a fitting ending.

hahhhhahahahahahh!

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 04:48 PM
hahhhhahahahahahh!I guess you could say it would be forMEANT to happen.

BATISTABUS
11-18-2013, 04:54 PM
I would be perfectly satisfied with Connor only being included in the future in a Mentor role on 3 conditions; he as involved as Al Mualim or Achilles (not Mario/Ah Tabai), he is once again voiced/motion captured by Noah Watts, and THE GAME IS NOT A VITA EXCLUSIVE.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Indeed he is not, but he's not going to get every single AC creative director to say how Connor wont be back.

Hahaha! Eh mate!!! Obviously, you too my friend you have met the new "troll's hunter" that roams on this forum? lol!!! Welcome to the Brotherhood of the idiots and imbeciles because according to that guy a lot of us are not smart enough to post on this forum ? Don't worry that clown does his BS to a lo of people there, so you are not alone and welcome to the Brotherhood.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 05:15 PM
I believe that it will be a game with Aveline and Connor - Apparently Ubisoft had more plan for Aveline's character...(?), I don't know that when?, if it is going to be a spin off? for which support it is going to happen? but I am sure it will be something more with Aveline

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Hahaha! Eh mate!!! Obviously, you too my friend you have met the new "troll's hunter" that roams on this forum? lol!!! Welcome to the Brotherhood of the idiots and imbeciles because according to that guy a lot of us are not smart enough to post on this forum ? Don't worry that clown does his BS to a lo of people there, so you are not alone and welcome to the Brotherhood.Hahaha, I feel welcomed.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Hahaha, I feel welcomed.

Lol, glad to have you in our somewhat sudden and improvised brotherhood:cool:, brother! (I was surprised he did not come on you sooner) LOL!!!

roostersrule2
11-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Lol, glad to have you in our somewhat sudden and improvised brotherhood:cool:, brother! (I was surprised he did not come on you sooner) LOL!!!Oh god

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Hahaha! Eh mate!!! Obviously, you too my friend you have met the new "troll's hunter" that roams on this forum? lol!!! Welcome to the Brotherhood of the idiots and imbeciles because according to that guy a lot of us are not smart enough to post on this forum ? Don't worry that clown does his BS to a lo of people there, so you are not alone and welcome to the Brotherhood.

You asked me to stop with you, and I did. I expect you to do the same and not instigate to attempt to get others "against me." Grow up.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 07:45 PM
You asked me to stop with you, and I did. I expect you to do the same and not instigate to attempt to get others "against me." Grow up.

I don't need too, you are obviously talented enough for doing that by yourself! LOL!

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I don't need too, you are obviously talented enough for doing that by yourself! LOL!

A difference of opinion is not getting "others against me." You're instigating because I don't agree with you, then you flame and troll me and put words in my mouth.

Be the bigger man, and just stop already. I wasn't aware this was Xbox Live or the school playground and you're seven years old.

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Take your bromance elsewhere.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 09:47 PM
A difference of opinion is not getting "others against me." You're instigating because I don't agree with you, then you flame and troll me and put words in my mouth.

Be the bigger man, and just stop already. I wasn't aware this was Xbox Live or the school playground and you're seven years old.

You are just annoying, and I am not the only one there that things that...that is all!

-----------------------------------

More seriously thinking; what about Connor and Aveline in the same game with a co-op option? - I know a lot of fans did not like Connor, but perhaps, if they put him in a position that put his personality in a better plan? - The way I see It could be an interesting game or even a concept -
I am not sure that such game could come as a numbered AC game for the franchise, but I can easily see it as a spin off for an arcade game (?) - Kinda?

Perk89
11-18-2013, 10:01 PM
This sounds like an interesting idea. Connor's son is an interesting thought, as it kind of transforms the Kenway saga into a Kenway trilogy.

As long as we don't do anything stupid like go to some terrible, miserable location like the ancient world. I wouldn't buy the game then.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
This sounds like an interesting idea. Connor's son is an interesting thought, as it kind of transforms the Kenway saga into a Kenway trilogy.

As long as we don't do anything stupid like go to some terrible, miserable location like the ancient world. I wouldn't buy the game then.

Actually Connor can be father and mentor and have a kid as his apprentice - Something like that...But like I mentioned earlier, it is wiser that Ubisoft takes the way of a spin off instead of a numbered release (?)

pacmanate
11-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Actually Connor can be father and mentor and have a kid as his apprentice - Something like that...But like I mentioned earlier, it is wiser that Ubisoft takes the way of a spin off instead of a numbered release (?)

I would say spin off, I still want to know what Rising Phoenix is, unless thats what it will be called and Connor is a mentor.

MnemonicSyntax
11-19-2013, 12:14 AM
You are just annoying, and I am not the only one there that things that...that is all!

Then add me to your ignore list. DUH.

But, you're still thinking for other people. That's your biggest problem right there, kiddo. Once you grow up and become mature, maybe you'll see where you're wrong.

Let others think for themselves. They don't need you telling them how to think, and I don't need you trying to get everyone against me just because I put you in your place when you post.

Landruner
11-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Then add me to your ignore list. DUH.

But, you're still thinking for other people. That's your biggest problem right there, kiddo. Once you grow up and become mature, maybe you'll see where you're wrong.

Let others think for themselves. They don't need you telling them how to think, and I don't need you trying to get everyone against me just because I put you in your place when you post.

Could we get a moderator there to tell that user to calm down? Or better sir "Syntass" just report me and would be surprised by whom you call a kiddo there.

Landruner
11-19-2013, 12:31 AM
I would say spin off, I still want to know what Rising Phoenix is, unless thats what it will be called and Connor is a mentor.

I heard about the Rising Phoenix, but I honestly do not know if it is a joke from the devs for mistaken the fans or if it is really a concrete project - Like I said, if they do a Connor expansion I believe it is going to be an official release? - Who knows, with Ubisoft you never really know?

pacmanate
11-19-2013, 12:36 AM
I heard about the Rising Phoenix, but I honestly do not know if it is a joke from the devs for mistaken the fans or if it is really a concrete project - Like I said, if they do a Connor expansion I believe it is going to be an official release? - Who knows, with Ubisoft you never really know?

Rising Phoenix was in AC4 in the modern day segments, unless it was just a joke.

Landruner
11-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Rising Phoenix was in AC4 in the modern day segments, unless it was just a joke.

Yep, that is the point my friend...we don't know (?), and it is still speculation to me...Vita version or not? - (Honestly and for some personal reasons, I did not care of the modern day sessions...Playing myself in first person did not really work for me, if you notice at the beginning on the modern day - trying to remember clues, they advertise AC/liberation a bit too much either for the HD version or it is because Aveline will pop later in a future game)

Syler99
11-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Definitely no to Conner he's a brick and sticks out like a sore thumb. Aveline I can't play her game till it comes out on console. I've heard good reviews but I've got no comment on her. If they do put a fem lead for the next game and they make it civil war we've got more then enough real life inspirations to draw from for fem soldiers http://civilwarsoldierwomen.blogspot.com/2011/01/more-sisters-in-arms.html beyond that its just do they want to go forward or backwards in time and then would Ava actually be able to work into that if she can't don't shoe horn her in make a new fem lead.

pacmanate
11-20-2013, 08:52 AM
I just don't believe that this was a conclusion to Aveline story, if anything it gave more questions to be answered and in my eyes is the start of something else.

rebelguy007
11-20-2013, 03:53 PM

-----------------------------------

More seriously thinking; what about Connor and Aveline in the same game with a co-op option? - I know a lot of fans did not like Connor, but perhaps, if they put him in a position that put his personality in a better plan? - The way I see It could be an interesting game or even a concept -
I am not sure that such game could come as a numbered AC game for the franchise, but I can easily see it as a spin off for an arcade game (?) - Kinda?
It's a good idea. Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist's coop missions are great imo. This would be great either as a sidegame or extra missions/side campaign in a new AC.

Landruner
11-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Landruner http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/LightUbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=9383799#post9383799)
What about Connor and Aveline in the same game with a co-op option? - I know a lot of fans did not like Connor, but perhaps, if they put him in a position that put his personality in a better plan? - The way I see It could be an interesting game or even a concept -
I am not sure that such game could come as a numbered AC game for the franchise, but I can easily see it as a spin off for an arcade game (?) - Kinda

It's a good idea. Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist's coop missions are great imo. This would be great either as a sidegame or extra missions/side campaign in a new AC.

It is a bit like the compromise between the ones that want to see something about Connor and Aveline, and the one that do not really want to see them in some next AC entries.

Mr_Shade
11-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Could we get a moderator there to tell that user to calm down? Or better sir "Syntass" just report me and would be surprised by whom you call a kiddo there.
I suggest you BOTH ignore each other..

Any further bickering from either of you and you can have a time out..

Draw a line under it - and agree to disagree.

AstusOz
11-20-2013, 05:36 PM
A game where you would cycle between both could be cool. Dreamfallesque.

I'd like to see Connor again. I imagine he would be more relaxed and sure of himself.

pacmanate
11-20-2013, 05:54 PM

I'd like to see Connor again. I imagine he would be more relaxed and sure of himself.

Well at the start of the DLC when he talks I actually LIKED his voice acting and that is something i really hated about AC3. It did seem more relaxed like you say.

Landruner
11-20-2013, 06:01 PM
I just don't believe that this was a conclusion to Aveline story, if anything it gave more questions to be answered and in my eyes is the start of something else.

Are you referring to the Aveline's Part in AC4 for PS?

Landruner
11-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I suggest you BOTH ignore each other..

Any further bickering from either of you and you can have a time out..

Draw a line under it - and agree to disagree.

It was what I and some others were trying to do that day and the days before and over a lot of different threads... we can agree and disagree without being insulted or mocked for having ideas(?)

Landruner
11-20-2013, 06:09 PM

Like the mentor of another assassin? Yes, I would be interesting for the development of his character and personality.

AstusOz
11-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Well, we have to see his relationship with Patience Gibbs after all. :)

Landruner
11-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, we have to see his relationship with Patience Gibbs after all. :)

Yes maybe, I would to say that it is potentially some material that can be exploited there in order to make an interesting story...