PDA

View Full Version : Something to add to next patch maybe?

Bahamut_God
11-18-2013, 04:28 AM
I don't know much about patching and all, but one thing I was very disappointed with AC4 was the plant vegetation does not move when you're moving in them. AC3 had this, so why can't AC4 have this?? And I don't know if this is possible as this is in the next gens and PC, but would be very nice to have the plants and vegetation sway around with the wind to make it look more 'legit' if you know what I mean, maybe same with the sails of the ships (yes I know this is from next gens and pc) but idk if the CG could handle it. Idk if you can actually 'patch' these in but would be really nice to have these in.

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 04:41 AM
The plants and vegetation, and how they react to Edward is very detailed in next-gen. That's nothing they could do in a patch.

Bahamut_God
11-18-2013, 04:46 AM
but still, AC3 has it, why can't AC4 have it?

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 04:47 AM

Because AC4 has a vastly larger world that's not separated by loading screens. They had to use resources for other things, and pick and choose on current-gen.

phoenix-force411
11-18-2013, 04:53 AM
I don't know much about patching and all, but one thing I was very disappointed with AC4 was the plant vegetation does not move when you're moving in them. AC3 had this, so why can't AC4 have this?? And I don't know if this is possible as this is in the next gens and PC, but would be very nice to have the plants and vegetation sway around with the wind to make it look more 'legit' if you know what I mean, maybe same with the sails of the ships (yes I know this is from next gens and pc) but idk if the CG could handle it. Idk if you can actually 'patch' these in but would be really nice to have these in.

The plants do move in the next-gen(Wii U is next gen, but it has the current gen version only), because next-gen has more power and capabilities to render more on the screen. There's more details and singular details, along with more objects other than smush together graphics. There's plenty more, but I'm not gonna name them all. Current-gen can't handle too much going on at once, because that'll cause severe framerate drops.

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 06:23 AM

Even then, it's nothing like AC3's. In some vegetation, I can't even see Edward. It reminds me of a bug crawling under a rug, which is awesome to me.

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Even then, it's nothing like AC3's. In some vegetation, I can't even see Edward. It reminds me of a bug crawling under a rug, which is awesome to me.

Yeah, the vegetation is actually realistically hiding Edward most of the time, especially looks awesome and realistic in next-gen. In AC3 it was stupid. You'd be in a little patch of dwarf trees. It was like a bush with no leaves except for on the top and you'd still be hidden. I could understand if it was really snowy, but it wasn't always winter in AC3. (I did like the changing seasons thing...) And even in the snow, I'm sure somebody would see Connor's potato face or dirty assassin hood poking out, or even you know... his entire body though the thin bushes.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
11-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Yeah, the vegetation is actually realistically hiding Edward most of the time, especially looks awesome and realistic in next-gen. In AC3 it was stupid. You'd be in a little patch of dwarf trees. It was like a bush with no leaves except for on the top and you'd still be hidden. I could understand if it was really snowy, but it wasn't always winter in AC3. (I did like the changing seasons thing...) And even in the snow, I'm sure somebody would see Connor's potato face or dirty assassin hood poking out, or even you know... his entire body though the thin bushes.

One of the reasons I'm waiting til next gen for this and Watch_Dogs... they said "not much" would be different between current and next gen versions of Watch_Dogs only the next gen version will have more people on the streets and things like that and it's like "Um, yeah -- that'll just make the immersion better and is worth getting the most fleshed out and robust version available."

Why get current-gen AC4 when I know the small little details and obviously the graphics will be better in the next gen version? I'd rather wait to have a better experience than quickly get a not-as-good one.

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 09:24 AM
One of the reasons I'm waiting til next gen for this and Watch_Dogs... they said "not much" would be different between current and next gen versions of Watch_Dogs only the next gen version will have more people on the streets and things like that and it's like "Um, yeah -- that'll just make the immersion better and is worth getting the most fleshed out and robust version available."

Why get current-gen AC4 when I know the small little details and obviously the graphics will be better in the next gen version? I'd rather wait to have a better experience than quickly get a not-as-good one.

Exactly. Good things come to those who wait. Granted my patience is being tested with some other things in life... BUT anyways, it really ups the immersion.

And speaking for Watch Dogs, it looks kinda bad on current-gen, while next-gen looks like one of the most realistic looking games we've seen.

Mr_Shade
11-18-2013, 01:09 PM
As already posted - dynamic foliage is a "next gen" feature - sorry!

GhostSoldier76
11-18-2013, 08:36 PM

I would like it if they added back the crouch running shown in the demo but I don't think it would be possible.:(