PDA

View Full Version : AC series with low fps

edunfs
11-17-2013, 11:12 PM
I have problems with low fps. My computer should run AC with everything maximum, however this is not what happens, if the settings have maximized, performance drops reaching 30-20 fps. That in every game of the AC series, including AC3. I have downloaded the latest Nvidia drive, and my PC is working normally. Because CoD, Battlefield 3, Need for Speed​​, Crysis and etc, run with everything at max with 60 fps, but no AC, so the problem is not with my computer right? Because BF3 is MUCH heavier than AC. I have seen many similar complaints here in the forum, but no solution. I request a solution from Ubisoft.I have heard from other players that you do not give a damn about this issue. I hope that is not true.

My PC:

Windows 7
8gb RAM
Core i7
Nvidia gtx 570
Fatality 750w

Jevin88
11-18-2013, 12:57 AM
It's the game, and you likely aren't getting a solution. Basically either buy a better processor or you can't play.

airborneguy
11-18-2013, 01:06 AM
It's the game, and you likely aren't getting a solution. Basically either buy a better processor or you can't play.

You are wrong...Its not about the processor, its the DEVs not optimizing the game, R2TW has the same issue. The DEVs made the game for the console and not for PC which is very concerning. If they are NOT going to support the PC they should not have ported it to the PC

Jevin88
11-18-2013, 01:13 AM
I know it's not just the processor. But from what I've seen, in order to play this game with good fps you need a really high end processor, and that's just BS.

D.I.D.
11-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Yeah you definitely don't need an exceptionally good machine, and the very best systems won't get a major advantage.

The early Anvil engine games, AC1 to ACB, were framerate-capped anyway. No matter what you did, you couldn't get high FPS figures, and there was no config trick that could get around that either. ACR, and then AC3 (with the new Anvil Next engine), improved matters to some extent, but the fact is all you need is a decent CPU with an appropriate GPU. Above that, the rewards are not proportional to your hardware's ability.

The one hardware factor that ever made a big difference was the SSD. In AC:Brotherhood, your horse's speed was limited by your hard drive speed. If you had an SSD, the horse's gallop speed was unlocked in turn, as the machine would definitely be able to handle a longer draw distance without the bottleneck of a traditional HDD..

edunfs
11-18-2013, 03:03 AM
a better processor than the i7? it does not exist!

D.I.D.
11-18-2013, 03:14 AM

Jevin88 is misinformed. Nobody is getting a significantly better AC experience than you.

Of course, if you had a Kepler card (600 series/700 series) you might get a few minor effects improvements in Black Flag, but as for performance? Your machine is as good as it gets right now. Enjoy that machine, it's a great spec!

People are a bit crazy over FPS right now. AC is simply not that kind of game. It's not for benchmarking, and you won't see it used very often in comparison reviews on graphics cards (or even at all? I've never seen it, anyway). They use games like Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, the D!rt series and so on for that. You'll get a solid, enjoyable level out of it, and it's going to look great.

PS - I am noticing some performance improvements after switching from 64bit Win 7 to 64bit Win 8.1. The OEM is around the 50-70 mark now.

Jevin88
11-18-2013, 04:05 AM
He only says he has an i7, could be any of them. I have a Phenom II 1090T and a 7950, I should be getting at least 45 fps but can't get more than 24 max. I'm certain, at least in my pc that the cpu is the bottleneck, or the optimization really is that bad.

D.I.D.
11-18-2013, 05:29 AM
It does not matter which i7 he has. His FPS problem is not a possible issue for any i7.

As I said, stop thinking about what fps you "should" get, because that does not apply to AC. It has unique problems, it's saddled with certain issues because of its age, and there hasn't been a focus on sorting things out fully on our architecture yet. The new gen consoles will help them to do better. It's certainly not an issue of programming skill, because what they've achieved on the PS3 version is virtually witchcraft. If you'd shown that to people at the beginning of the PS3's cycle, or even a few years ago when GTA IV was the peak of open world gaming, it would have seemed impossible.

Wait until two years from now, and things should be quite different. Then we'll finally see a true next gen AC, and the Steam Machines will be gaining traction.. Until now the PS3's Cell processor has been the focus of a lot of special attention, but these new machines are much more like mini PCs.

Benjicles
11-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Had to reply to this one. Lots of odd observation & information here.. I can play AC4 on my i5 4750 w/ HD7870 GHZ ed. at about 57-60 all settings quite high @ 1080p. I have shadows set to High selection not soft shadowing high.. i don't know what this accomplishes, so I left it at high. Left SSAO and FXAA but everything else at top settings. I dont know what the big deal is as I also have a i3 2120 w/ GTX 650 ti Boost OC running the game at 40-45 in Havana (just started it in this rig) All settings at high (environment is only set to high, not extremely high), SSAO and FXAA. I still have yet to get the newly released GTX drivers which are supposed to perform better in AC4, but seriously... its fine like this. Some of these framerates are puzzling considering what I'm playing at. (?)

One thing of notice tho.. with Vsync on, it seems to lock at 30fps, even though both machines run considerably higher with it off. I don't know why its locked at 30. Too bad, as I'd like to play it with no tearing, but not at a measly 30fps. :(

Loucmachine.Joe
11-20-2013, 05:04 AM
The thing is that the GPU does about everything is this game ...CPU does what it has to do... you 570 is outdated for this game ... im very sorry... You are NOT supposed to max this game... not even close...

Loucmachine.Joe
11-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Had to reply to this one. Lots of odd observation & information here.. I can play AC4 on my i5 4750 w/ HD7870 GHZ ed. at about 57-60 all settings quite high @ 1080p. I have shadows set to High selection not soft shadowing high.. i don't know what this accomplishes, so I left it at high. Left SSAO and FXAA but everything else at top settings. I dont know what the big deal is as I also have a i3 2120 w/ GTX 650 ti Boost OC running the game at 40-45 in Havana (just started it in this rig) All settings at high (environment is only set to high, not extremely high), SSAO and FXAA. I still have yet to get the newly released GTX drivers which are supposed to perform better in AC4, but seriously... its fine like this. Some of these framerates are puzzling considering what I'm playing at. (?)

One thing of notice tho.. with Vsync on, it seems to lock at 30fps, even though both machines run considerably higher with it off. I don't know why its locked at 30. Too bad, as I'd like to play it with no tearing, but not at a measly 30fps. :(

Try to disable V-sync and put a frame limiter to 55 fps, you ll still have tearing but your game will be smoother and will tear less than @ 60 fps

edunfs
11-21-2013, 04:18 PM
The thing is that the GPU does about everything is this game ...CPU does what it has to do... you 570 is outdated for this game ... im very sorry... You are NOT supposed to max this game... not even close...

You are wrong. Not even on low settings. The result is the same. The minimum requirement for AC3 is a GTX 270, and GTX 470 is recommended. If you search in the internet you will see worst cases, people with GTX 780 and low fps.

sudhirsmani
11-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, running the game on a Slightly OC'd i7-930 + GTX 670 AMP!, and the game is running smooth on everything maxed out @ 1920x1080 (except the anti-aliasing part. Using FXAA there). Slight FPS drops that were there before, went away after upgrading to the latest nVidia driver.

edunfs
11-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I need not go far, check it >>>>>>>http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810311-Terrible-peformance-on-770-and-4670k!-anyone-else

sudhirsmani
11-21-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't doubt you have performance issues. It just seems weird that some configurations (very similar, intel Processors, nVidia GPU's) run the game better than other higher end ones. Not sure if the optimization is at fault, or if it is some engine issues with the newer stuff. Most of the people i see having problems are the ones with the nVidia 7xx Series cards. Maybe something there ?

But i agree with someone who posted above, you won't be able to max everything out. A mix of High-Very high perhaps, but not maxed out. The problems on lower settings are definitely with the engine though.

edunfs
11-21-2013, 05:13 PM
I tried it with low settings. The result is the same. Ubisoft should be more true for the requirements then. AC is heavier than BF3 and BF4, because i run into these two on ultra smoothly.

DarkTriumphant
11-21-2013, 06:04 PM
I have an 8350 paired w/ 2x 7950's at the moment which at Christmas I will upgrade to the 5GHz 9590 and 2x R9 290X's but for now my settings are: EQ @ Very High, AA @ MSAA 4x, Soft Shadows High, AO @ HBAO+ High (it works surprisingly on AMD parts), everything else @ High and I'm using RadeonPro to inject FXAA, SMAA, and VSync since ingame VSync is broken.

I get constant 50-60FPS with some drops into the 40's. The only times I see 30's is when I go to Synchronize a sync point and the game tears, cuts the FPS to 30 then shoots back up to 60 when the cutscene kicks in.

I'm extremely surprised the game is this optimized especially w/ AMD parts. I can't wait for the new Beta Drivers increasing performance and optimizing CrossFire profiles to come out.

Disable ingame VSync and use an outside injecter for VSync and you should get higher FPS. Ingame VSync is causing a lot of problems like forcing you to 30FPS instead of 60FPS.

VaIius
11-21-2013, 06:08 PM
That's outrageous! Optimisation is just awful! Only one CPU core is being used by the game at 100% while the others are idle at 30-40% (i5-3470 3.2GHz). Not only fps is low - 20-40 fps in Prologue, 40-45 fps in Havana (with High settings, MSAA x4 on) - but it is also capped at multiples of 30 fps if you turn V-sync on. And those constant jumps between 30 and 60 fps are really annoying!

CPU i5-3470 3.2 ghz
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
8 Gb RAM (Win 7 x64)

edunfs
11-21-2013, 07:57 PM
REALLY ANNOYING is the right description for that!!!

abohamed2013
11-22-2013, 05:45 AM

exactly .. i have Intel i7 3770 @ 3.90 GHz 8M Cache and the game only use 9 - 10 % of it !!!

my full spec is Asus EAH 5770 CU core , Intel i7 3770 @ 3.90 GHz 8M Cache , GA P75-D3 F11 , Corsair 8 GB DDR3 RAM , Cooler master extreme 500 W PSU , Win 7 64 bit ultimate SP1

and my full problem is : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810728-oh-come-on-UBISOFT-not-again-!!!

abohamed2013
11-22-2013, 06:16 AM
this is exactly my problem :

http://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-pc-performance-analysis/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-pc-performance-analysis

and iam not alone .. all AMD GPU with INTEL CPU have this problem and even some Nvidia users too .. so please UBISOFT help us