PDA

View Full Version : OT: XFX Geforce FX 256Mb

DHC2Pilot
08-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Does anyone have this card, and if so have you had any problems with vertical lines through the image on the BIOS post??? This is the second card of this type I've had (the first one failed right out of the box) - this one took six months to fail. I've seen several posts online about others with this problem - just wondering if any of you have had this misfortune with XFX cards???

Keep the blue side up.

DHC2Pilot
08-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Does anyone have this card, and if so have you had any problems with vertical lines through the image on the BIOS post??? This is the second card of this type I've had (the first one failed right out of the box) - this one took six months to fail. I've seen several posts online about others with this problem - just wondering if any of you have had this misfortune with XFX cards???

Keep the blue side up.

RAAF_Edin
08-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Some while ago I used to have a GF2 GTS. The problem I had with it is that it required a propper 3.0V supplied to the AGP port and say, if you had only 2.955V I would get artifacts such as yours.

I would try and look into BIOS and see what voltages you get, try a different (better) power supply... and maybe if that's not the problem... update motherboard BIOS, install all latest drivers (especially for the motherboard), and see if this still persists.

Beside that, I don't know what else you could look into
--------------------------------------
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif
Edin "Kuky" Kulelija
No76 Squadron RAAF

RAAF_Edin
08-02-2004, 02:38 AM
Oh, now what I think about it again... it could be that the card is overheating. Ever tried to touch the underside on the GPU? It should be quite warm but if it's really hot I bealieve it's heating up too much. You could take off the heatsink of the GPU and reapply some heat transferring paste and reattach it nicely.

--------------------------------------
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif
Edin "Kuky" Kulelija
No76 Squadron RAAF