PDA

View Full Version : Most of us did not ask for more SWORDS, please give us ONE AXE TYPE. (NO SPOILS PLZ)

SneakierNote
11-17-2013, 05:17 PM
I just seen a new thing Ubisoft decided to do. Give us two more different sword types and some other stuff. I do not know if Ubisoft will make us pay for this DLC when it's ready or not. It is on your Assassins Creed 4 load screen before you go into the main game. I guess we could call it the Assassins Creed 4 Dashboard? Anyway other players and myself have been asking for ATLEAST ONE AXE and you give us more swords, sigh. I will pay for these new items in the DLC even if Ubisoft will not provide a axe.

Ubisoft before you release the new DLC would you please consider adding in one axe to Assassins Creed 4? Even if you made it in a seperate DLC I would pay. Some of your dedicated fans really want this item added. The ones who have asked about this in many other threads please post here, we need to unite as one on this issue or I am GUESSING Ubisoft will not take us seriously.

TheArcaneEagle
11-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes, dual swords are getting very boring and we need more varieties of weapons to replace the swords. To counter the boredom of dual swords I have to pick up one sword off guards and have fun with one sword (if you haven't tried using one sword yet, do it now. It has some nice unique animations, some of them brutal.)

legioncrow
11-17-2013, 07:25 PM
I have to agree. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of weapon variety too. Duel wield swords feels designed to simply keep you from stealing better weapons from enemies like you could in AC3 or really arming yourself in smuggler dens. Not to mention that DLC weapons tend to be rather weak.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
I just seen a new thing Ubisoft decided to do. Give us two more different sword types and some other stuff. I do not know if Ubisoft will make us pay for this DLC when it's ready or not. It is on your Assassins Creed 4 load screen before you go into the main game. I guess we could call it the Assassins Creed 4 Dashboard? Anyway other players and myself have been asking for ATLEAST ONE AXE and you give us more swords, sigh. I will pay for these new items in the DLC even if Ubisoft will not provide a axe.

Ubisoft before you release the new DLC would you please consider adding in one axe to Assassins Creed 4? Even if you made it in a seperate DLC I would pay. Some of your dedicated fans really want this item added. The ones who have asked about this in many other threads please post here, we need to unite as one on this issue or I am GUESSING Ubisoft will not take us seriously.

Like I and some other users (that makes a lot of We & us) were asking over the past weeks and for some others for the past months (twitter e-mail, re-edit, reviews, game events etc....) for a option to remove and let the players choose the weapons they want to use in game. Swords, Axes and Assassin weapons as well, without forgetting the hood (on/off) since some requested this too. Add some more weapons, bring back and improve some old assassin weapons and let the players that want to use those it in their game do it, the way they like. The ones that don't want those additions is fine since they will be optional and not compulsory for the gameplay. .

I sincerely hope that Ubisoft would consider this for a update/patch or for some DLCs.

Megas_Doux
11-17-2013, 10:16 PM
I is nice having some variety, but I just cant stand heavy weapons...

phoenix-force411
11-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Give me back ASSASSIN TOMAHAWK!

gothpunkboy89
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Eh my only complaint is is the fight and kill animations are so unnecessarily long that you get interrupted a lot in combat. Seriously I have spent 4 minutes trying to kill 1 brute on a Man o War simply because each time I would start attacking him it was this unnecessarily long combo that was constantly interrupted by other guys on the ship.

Sturnz0r
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Probably more than half of players will never witness the new Animations of Axe, single Sword, Musket because of this

My Ideal Patch (that I would think from c++ would be very plausible for ubi) for above 3 would be:
in Captain's cabin, Under outfit, sword, pistol sets: Alternate Weapon Style > Choice: Blowdart, Musket, or Axe
The bulk of writing would be attaching the Musket/Axe to Ed's back

to sheath Musket/axe on back, D-pad a different weapon.
If you want nothing on back, then throw your axe, free run up a wall, interact with something, et al that currently happens or write a little bit more code to leave blowdart back in ship

The musket's crazy range is fun to play with shooting out of ear range but targeting a guard in plain site of everyone, flanking around and linking triple assassinations.. try it. The musket and Axe share animations a bit

I could care less about hood preference; Edward is not a full-fledged assassin, so what he does now suits him, as Ah Tabai says

Landruner
11-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Give me back ASSASSIN TOMAHAWK!

Actually some native's tomahawks were used by some pirates in the Caribbean - I know it seems perhaps strange for some, but no some pirates were from News Orleans and or some others from the British colonies from New England and they considered the tomahawk as a wonderful and practical boarding axe - So, yep the tomahawk could work in the game

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Actually some native's tomahawks were used by some pirates in the Caribbean - I know it seems perhaps strange for some, but no some pirates were from News Orleans and or some others from the British colonies from New England and they considered the tomahawk as a wonderful and practical boarding axe - So, yep the tomahawk could work in the game

Or just... a dagger like in AC1/Ezio games. Just laziness on their part IMO. They didn't give daggers animations in AC3, they just used the tomahawk's, which was stupid. And since there are no tomahawks in AC4, they couldn't do that and they didn't want to make new animations for it.

To this day one of my favorite AC weapons was the Dagger of Brutus. AC:B and AC:R had amazing dagger animations.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Probably more than half of players will never witness the new Animations of Axe, single Sword, Musket because of this

My Ideal Patch (that I would think from c++ would be very plausible for ubi) for above 3 would be:
in Captain's cabin, Under outfit, sword, pistol sets: Alternate Weapon Style > Choice: Blowdart, Musket, or Axe
The bulk of writing would be attaching the Musket/Axe to Ed's back

to sheath Musket/axe on back, D-pad a different weapon.
If you want nothing on back, then throw your axe, free run up a wall, interact with something, et al that currently happens or write a little bit more code to leave blowdart back in ship

The musket's crazy range is fun to play with shooting out of ear range but targeting a guard in plain site of everyone, flanking around and linking triple assassinations.. try it. The musket and Axe share animations a bit

I could care less about hood preference; Edward is not a full-fledged assassin, so what he does now suits him, as Ah Tabai says

Good job, here is one user that at least knows what is possible and concretely demandable for proper updates - This is exactly what I would like them to do and it is not to much work to ask this.
I have posted in some other post this and that some weapons could be used such as the hand-crossbow (can use them pistol animation) can replace the blowpipe and uses the darts depending how and if the player want to use. In this way player can switch weapon and use the weapon that he/she likes the most.

The hood (On/Off) can be easily added in this the script language and then will be appearing in screen in the cross weapon selection as a tool that you can select. They just have to add a switch condition in the language.

Landruner
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Or just... a dagger like in AC1/Ezio games. Just laziness on their part IMO. They didn't give daggers animations in AC3, they just used the tomahawk's, which was stupid. And since there are no tomahawks in AC4, they couldn't do that and they didn't want to make new animations for it.

To this day one of my favorite AC weapons was the Dagger of Brutus. AC:B and AC:R had amazing dagger animations.

Yes you are right, I forgot the daggers too, but I see what you mean for AC3 using the same animation for Tomahawk - Alas, even if they will use the daggers it could be using the AC4's already set animations from others weapons animations (Unless they already have the rush of those from dropped stuff, It takes time, money and motion capturing to redo an animation and build a script just for one weapon) - Notably Swords and dual daggers...?

Kagurra
11-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Yes you are right, I forgot the daggers too, but I see what you mean for AC3 using the same animation for Tomahawk - Alas, even if they will use the daggers it could be using the AC4's already set animations from others weapons animations (Unless they already have the rush of those from dropped stuff, It takes time, money and motion capturing to redo an animation and build a script just for one weapon) - Notably Swords and dual daggers...?

Nah I wouldn't want dual daggers. One is better imo.

SneakierNote
11-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Forum Moderators:
Mr_Shade, Black_Widow, or UbiGabe would one of you please consider asking people to post here about possible new Assassins Creed Weapons? My thread was here first and just today two more people have started new threads about the same thing. : ( I was just wondering if you could please post a link on the other threads asking them to discuss the Assassins Creed Weapons issue here and close there thread. Almost daily people are just looking at page one. When they do not see anything they just make a new thread over and over again, we have about six to eight other threads on this issue.

If you cannot help it is ok, but if you could step in that would be really cool of you guys/girls. Either way thank you for your hard work and time you put in to reading this.