PDA

View Full Version : PS 4 AC4 Meaning of Icons

gatour
11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I am new to AC. LIked the pirate them of AC4, so bought if for my new PS4. Just on the first round "Find the Assassin". So far have all over the "world" and haven't found him. There are birdlike things with arrows under them. What are they trying to tell me? Sometimes they shrink and then disappear as I move away from them. When I am on top on one of them I don't see anything pertinent.

Also is there any significance to a green dot on the map. It looks out of place on the map.

Please be kind and don't laugh too hard as I am pretty frustrated at this point.

Thanks

gatour
11-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Okay I figured out that I wasn't actually on top of of one of those bird things. But finally did get to one, and got "synchronized". What does this mean? An extra life? Because while trying to get back to the initial play area, I managed to get synchronized. Went back to the bird thing not expecting much, but little treasure showed up on the screen. What are those?

omniqix
11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
The "Bird" (its an eagle actually) means a "Viewpoint"

These are usually very high above ground (such as on a tower or a high tree). When you get on top of it, the area around it reveals itself (so you can see all treasure maps, shanties, and other collectibles)

Later you can also Fast Travel to a viewpoint you have unlocked

See entry in wiki:

Assassin's Creed IV: Viewpoint (http://orcz.com/Assassin's_Creed_IV:_Viewpoint)

Hope this helps and lmk if you have more questions!

MnemonicSyntax
11-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Okay I figured out that I wasn't actually on top of of one of those bird things. But finally did get to one, and got "synchronized". What does this mean? An extra life? Because while trying to get back to the initial play area, I managed to get synchronized. Went back to the bird thing not expecting much, but little treasure showed up on the screen. What are those?

Imagine being Edward and needing to see where to go and to find things. The first thing I would do is climb a high point to see around you. That's the idea with synchronizing.

Your objective "Find the Assassin" has a green dot beside it. Usually, that'a a way point to head in that direction, but doesn't always mean it's exactly where you have to go. You might get close to an area and suddenly your green dot disappears and it's instead now yellowish on your minimap. That's when you can turn on Eagle Vision and find your actual target (or use the telescope when you're on your ship)

If you need any further help, feel free to ask :) We were all noobs once and I love to help.

SpiritMuse
11-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Yeah, "synchronized" here means it's revealed the area around the viewpoint. It'll also put the nearby collectibles on the map - treasure chests, the "animus fragments" (look like glowing gems), and sometimes other things like bottle mail, manuscripts, and treasure maps (be sure to pick up these as they will lead you to treasure!)

You don't have lives in this game. If you die you're simply put back at the last checkpoint (or just somewhere nearby where you were if you're not in a mission), with no ill effects.

And like Mnemonic said, to find your assassin you need to go to where the green dot is on your map. Then you may need to find another green dot, or it may turn into a green area on your minimap which means your target is somewhere in the area and you need to turn on your Eagle Vision and find the guy who glows yellow. Guys who glow red are always enemies, and they may attack you if you commit crimes in front of them or if they spot you in a restricted area (red on your minimap, the game will let you know when you've entered one).