PDA

View Full Version : [Q]AC4 PC Directx settings

X8invisible
11-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to use directx9 or 10 in ac4, because my pc has fps lag in directx 11 and so did in ac3 but ac3 could run in directx9

Thanks in advance

Painshadow
11-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to use directx9 or 10 in ac4, because my pc has fps lag in directx 11 and so did in ac3 but ac3 could run in directx9

Thanks in advance

You would probably need to check the games' .cgf file within the main folder. Sometimes (not always), you can modify a .cfg file to enable a different DX version. I don't know as I haven't purchased the game yet to try it. Further, I wouldn't be sure if it WOULD anyway, as Uplay might detect the change(s) as unauthorized?

Anykeyer
11-18-2013, 07:15 AM
AC4 single-player mode supports only DX11. Just like AC3 (no, this dumb cfg editing didnt work)

X8invisible
11-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Ok thanks for the info, still a great game

RudraTajo
11-20-2013, 06:40 PM
yes go in yuor documents,there is a ini and a xml,
open the xml with a text editor (notepad is fine)
you will see a line called <execcmmdline=""
just before the resolutions. type -dx10 between the quotes.
this is where u'll have to set your commands cause the application will not detects any command in your shortcut target

so :it will looks like this <execcmmdline=" -dx10"

note dx9 will not works because is not supported.

;)

X8invisible
11-20-2013, 09:19 PM
this is where u'll have to set your commands cause the application will not detects any command in your shortcut target

;)
hmmm could you post a screenshot if you can, because i don't have this line and i'm not sure where to add it

Neophyte..
11-21-2013, 07:42 PM

;)

Yeah, it would be nice to see a ss cause my xml file dont have this line too.

Amaregaz
11-25-2013, 12:42 PM
AC 3 supports DX 10 because i can play it on my 8800GT, no editind was recuired

ace3001
11-25-2013, 01:03 PM
AC4 single-player mode supports only DX11. Just like AC3 (no, this dumb cfg editing didnt work)

AC3 does support DX9. It auto selects DX11 on cards that support it, but it can be forced. It's the Assassin3.ini file that you need to edit, not any cfg.

razmat2012
11-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I have a line in mine that reads: EXECCMD=""/>. is this the line? also if several other settings in there say : registered = true. if I say false there , will it disable that settings? like shadows for instance?

razmat2012
11-25-2013, 02:41 PM
or option value = false , instead of 0 ? , since even though it is at 0 , shadows are still in full swing. albeit low quality. for the options that are off in game , it shows false there.

razmat2012
11-26-2013, 01:14 AM
ok , so does anyone know why when I make changes in GFX settings files(like trying to turn off shadows), it makes the changes and saves the file changes , but when I run the game , all of a sudden the file automatically reverts back to what it was before the changes.

Anykeyer
11-27-2013, 06:07 AM
AC3 does support DX9. It auto selects DX11 on cards that support it, but it can be forced. It's the Assassin3.ini file that you need to edit, not any cfg.

Stop spreading misinformation. No ammount of files editing can force AC3 or AC4 into using DX9/10. ts not coded into the game. Can be easily checked by exploring DLL linking in MZ image (aka exe file)

AC3 and AC4 only support DX 11 API

Show me those games runnng under Windows XP or Vista w/o SP2 + platform update (which adds DX11) if you want to prove otherwise

DX9 cards can work with DX11 API if they have proper drivers. You know there is a difference between API and hardware features?