PDA

View Full Version : No access to 'The Watch'

Firenzoid
11-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Hey guys.

I ordered a GTX 660 graphics card and there was a special offer through Nvidia for Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed IV Special Edition. However, I have not received any codes to redeem to gain access to 'The Watch', so I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not these are available with that particular Nvidia package.

Because if they're not that would seriously suck...

Cheers in advance for the help.

SixKeys
11-17-2013, 12:55 PM
The offer was most likely a timed one, as The Watch doesn't even exist anymore. It's been replaced by Initiates: http://acinitiates.com

Firenzoid
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
So do I need some kind of redeemable code to access Initiates? How does it work exactly? They don't seem to be broadcasting this information in easily accessible ways...

Mr_Shade
11-17-2013, 06:32 PM
So do I need some kind of redeemable code to access Initiates? How does it work exactly? They don't seem to be broadcasting this information in easily accessible ways...
Hi,

You can still sign in and access the watch site - if you have the pre-order access code, since it will give you some bonus content [however the rest of the site has been retired, since it was a pre-order only site]

Initiates - you just sign in with your Uplay account - same as the forums & your PC and away you go ;)

Then it's all linked should you unlock any content on the site :)

When you get the game - Initiates is linked to from the main menu in game - so the information is there, but you really need the game to make the most of it - I hope that is clear?

SixKeys
11-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Initiates used to be invitation-only but not anymore. You can just register with your Uplay name.

Edit: Mr_Shade was faster than me. :p

Mr_Shade
11-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Edit: Mr_Shade was faster than me. :p
Makes a change ;) :P

Firenzoid
11-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi,

You can still sign in and access the watch site - if you have the pre-order access code, since it will give you some bonus content [however the rest of the site has been retired, since it was a pre-order only site]

Initiates - you just sign in with your Uplay account - same as the forums & your PC and away you go ;)

Then it's all linked should you unlock any content on the site :)

When you get the game - Initiates is linked to from the main menu in game - so the information is there, but you really need the game to make the most of it - I hope that is clear?

Yeah, I've checked out the Initiates site SixKeys linked so I follow what you mean about logging in in game and it tracking your progress automatically.

Thing that's confusing me though, is I pre-ordered my copy before a guy at work did, but he got access to The Watch and I didn't.

What kind of content are we talking about exactly? In game stuff? Also, will I need some kind of redeemable code to access my Special Edition content or will that be unlocked automatically in game?

Cheers for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Anykeyer
11-18-2013, 07:22 AM
The offer was most likely a timed one, as The Watch doesn't even exist anymore. It's been replaced by Initiates: http://acinitiates.com

the watch still works for me. I wonder when they will finally put this abomination down

Mr_Shade
11-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I've checked out the Initiates site SixKeys linked so I follow what you mean about logging in in game and it tracking your progress automatically.

Thing that's confusing me though, is I pre-ordered my copy before a guy at work did, but he got access to The Watch and I didn't.

What kind of content are we talking about exactly? In game stuff? Also, will I need some kind of redeemable code to access my Special Edition content or will that be unlocked automatically in game?

Cheers for the help guys. I appreciate it.

its down to the retailer to provide codes for the watch - if you pre ordered at the same shop, then you should have both got codes, assuming codes where available, however not all retailers carried the codes.

HOWEVER - you said you got the game as part of the Nvidia promotion? - so that may have been excluded, since it was not preordered, so rather odd your friend got a code, if he also used the promotion?

You will have a code for the Special edition content, which should be in the box to unlock the bonus content unless you have digital versions, however there should be a unlock code supplied - please check your download email / confirmation for these codes - or - contact the store support, since it's possible it was part of the install (some content is an bonus install)

Firenzoid
11-18-2013, 05:17 PM
its down to the retailer to provide codes for the watch - if you pre ordered at the same shop, then you should have both got codes, assuming codes where available, however not all retailers carried the codes.

HOWEVER - you said you got the game as part of the Nvidia promotion? - so that may have been excluded, since it was not preordered, so rather odd your friend got a code, if he also used the promotion?

You will have a code for the Special edition content, which should be in the box to unlock the bonus content unless you have digital versions, however there should be a unlock code supplied - please check your download email / confirmation for these codes - or - contact the store support, since it's possible it was part of the install (some content is an bonus install)

No no my friend got it directly off the Uplay shop. However I got my copy (which is a digital copy) from the Uplay shop as well. Wouldn't that mean I qualify, regardless of whether or not it came from the Nvidia promotion? Either way I've contacted the support crew and they're dealing with it, I'm just waiting for a response. I haven't gotten any codes at all besides the one which let me buy the game.

M0toki
11-18-2013, 09:30 PM
You know I have to say as someone who got in on the Nvidia promotion I am really dissatisfied with how it was handled by Ubisoft. And please don't give me the 'it's up to the retailer' line.

As far as I am concerned if we got the game prior to release it should count as a pre-order. But it seems we don't get any of the pre-order bonuses, The Watch or otherwise, we don't get to pre-load (Steam does but Ubisoft's own client I guess can't), we don't even see it attached to our accounts at all until the game releases.

Really not thrilled with this all and probably won't be buying from UPlay in the future.

Anykeyer
11-19-2013, 06:40 AM
LOL. You basically got game for free. Ofc you dont get any extra bonuses. Be happy with what you got.

Stiler
11-19-2013, 08:53 AM
LOL. You basically got game for free. Ofc you dont get any extra bonuses. Be happy with what you got.

eh? Last I checked you had to either buy an nvidia card (770/780, which is hundreds of dollars) or get the codes off ebay or something, neither of which is "free."

Anykeyer
11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Dont play stupid. Your card costs the same, with or without AC4. Which means game itself is free for you.

Mr_Shade
11-19-2013, 12:37 PM
No no my friend got it directly off the Uplay shop. However I got my copy (which is a digital copy) from the Uplay shop as well. Wouldn't that mean I qualify, regardless of whether or not it came from the Nvidia promotion? Either way I've contacted the support crew and they're dealing with it, I'm just waiting for a response. I haven't gotten any codes at all besides the one which let me buy the game.
Your friend would have pre-ordered the game, so qualified - your copy, may not have gone through the same process, however I am sure support will answer you.

The Watch website, is now closed, however you can redeem the code and get the unlock - should they be able to provide one, however codes where time limited - if you purchased after the 29th November, it's possible they have finished.

However Support will know more.