PDA

View Full Version : Wow, My First Game to Run TXAA Without FPS Issues

Bad213Boy
11-17-2013, 04:43 AM
I wanted to thank Ubisoft for making the game optimized for the PC. I know NVIDIA invested a few million into Ubisoft for AC and Watch Dogs, it looks like you guys hit a home run here. The gameplay is 100% better than ACIII. This is my first game I've ever been able to play with TXAA enabled. Usually when you activate anti-aliasing, your FPS drop below 40 frames. For being a new game, I was shocked to see I was able to run this game with max settings and TXAA x2 with a hiccup. This is how you make a game. I've found very little to complain about.

My System Specs:

ASUS Maximus IV Hero
Intel 4670K Processor
MSI GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr Gaming OC Edition 2GB

AndreDionne
11-17-2013, 05:06 AM
I just built a new computer and pre order this on steam. With build i have be able to play this or any game max settings

ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E SATA3 USB3.0 SLI CrossFireX Audio Motherboard
Intel Core i7 4930K 6 Core 3.4GHZ (3.9GHZ Turbo) 12MB Hyperthreading LGA2011 Processor
G.SKILL RipjawsZ F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL 32GB 4X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10 Sandy Bridge E 1.5V Memory Kit
EVGA Supernova 1000G2 1000W 80PLUS Gold Fully Modular Power Supply 10YRS Warranty
Cooler Master Storm Trooper EATX Full Tower Case
WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5in Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
BenQ RL2455HM 24IN 1080p 1MS MLG RTS Gaming Console Monitor Black Equalizer DVI 2x HDMI
ASUS BC-12B1ST Internal 12X Blu-Ray Reader & 16X DVD Writer Combo Drive SATA OEM

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Looks awesome, except I don't see a video card...

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-17-2013, 07:58 AM
My first impression of TXAA was "Wow, this is amazing." But as soon as I compared a screenshot of TXAA vs MSAA I realized how incredibly blurry TXAA makes the entire screen, I was horrified. No more TXAA for me. I'm surprised Nvidia has put so much effort into this feature.

IDefectedI
11-17-2013, 05:02 PM
My first impression of TXAA was "Wow, this is amazing." But as soon as I compared a screenshot of TXAA vs MSAA I realized how incredibly blurry TXAA makes the entire screen, I was horrified. No more TXAA for me. I'm surprised Nvidia has put so much effort into this feature.

TXAA at higher resolutions looks fine.

IDefectedI
11-17-2013, 05:02 PM
I wanted to thank Ubisoft for making the game optimized for the PC. I know NVIDIA invested a few million into Ubisoft for AC and Watch Dogs, it looks like you guys hit a home run here. The gameplay is 100% better than ACIII. This is my first game I've ever been able to play with TXAA enabled. Usually when you activate anti-aliasing, your FPS drop below 40 frames. For being a new game, I was shocked to see I was able to run this game with max settings and TXAA x2 with a hiccup. This is how you make a game. I've found very little to complain about.

My System Specs:

ASUS Maximus IV Hero
Intel 4670K Processor
MSI GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr Gaming OC Edition 2GB

how are you playing this game already?

Painshadow
11-17-2013, 05:46 PM
how are you playing this game already?

Just got back from a Walmart store near me and they are selling Black Flag for the PC right now. They had about 10 copies available. I think some stores are breaking the street date. I did not buy the game because I think they might be breaking the rules. I called Best Buy to see if they had the game in stock to sell, they said "No not until November 19th". Further, they said "any store who sells it early can get fined". So yeah...lol i'll wait.

Painshadow
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
I just built a new computer and pre order this on steam. With build i have be able to play this or any game max settings

ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E SATA3 USB3.0 SLI CrossFireX Audio Motherboard
Intel Core i7 4930K 6 Core 3.4GHZ (3.9GHZ Turbo) 12MB Hyperthreading LGA2011 Processor
G.SKILL RipjawsZ F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL 32GB 4X8GB DDR3-1600 CL10 Sandy Bridge E 1.5V Memory Kit
EVGA Supernova 1000G2 1000W 80PLUS Gold Fully Modular Power Supply 10YRS Warranty
Cooler Master Storm Trooper EATX Full Tower Case
WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5in Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
BenQ RL2455HM 24IN 1080p 1MS MLG RTS Gaming Console Monitor Black Equalizer DVI 2x HDMI
ASUS BC-12B1ST Internal 12X Blu-Ray Reader & 16X DVD Writer Combo Drive SATA OEM

Yes lol. You should be fine at maximum settings.

Solid-Snake-Eyes
11-17-2013, 06:45 PM
TXAA at higher resolutions looks fine.

I can try it up to 1200p. I thought it looked fine until I compared the screenshots.

Anykeyer
11-18-2013, 07:12 AM

TXAA's main goal is to remove flickeing and noise you get when moving camera. And in setting like this (a lot of ships and foliage) there are a lot of places where pixels can literally dance without TXAA, and this can be very annoying. Yes, it blures resulting image, but unless you stop every few seconds to stare at the indiviual pixels you probably wont notice. Overall TXAA wins.

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 03:08 PM
You guys should try SMAA with SweetFX. You'd be in awe at how stunning games look at with fine edges and detailed surrounding. It only causes little drop in performance unlike regular anti-aliasing. Plus unlike TXAA, SMAA doesn't possess blur that seems like your screen is shoved with tons of plastic. Trust me and save yourselves from the hassle of even thinking using TXAA. :)

TXAA's main goal is to remove flickeing and noise you get when moving camera. And in setting like this (a lot of ships and foliage) there are a lot of places where pixels can literally dance without TXAA, and this can be very annoying. Yes, it blures resulting image, but unless you stop every few seconds to stare at the indiviual pixels you probably wont notice. Overall TXAA wins.

Have you tried SMAA? :/

Anykeyer
11-18-2013, 05:34 PM
It does not do TXAA's job. SMAA and any other AA is fine if all you plan to do is taking screenshots or staring at static images. TXAA beats other AAs when any movement starts.

JnrfL
11-18-2013, 09:06 PM
It does not do TXAA's job. SMAA and any other AA is fine if all you plan to do is taking screenshots or staring at static images. TXAA beats other AAs when any movement starts.

Huh? Are you sure you've tried it? What game/s exactly? I've applied it upon a lot of games and I think I'm quite satisfied with the result both static and during movement. :/

Well if you can handle the heavy blurriness that TXAA offers who am I to stop you. :)

Devst8nDscoDve
11-18-2013, 09:50 PM
For people that dont like TXAA blur you can offset it using nvidia inspector. Make sure allow negative lod bios in enabled and change lod to about -1.5

airborneguy
11-19-2013, 01:30 AM
You guys should try SMAA with SweetFX. You'd be in awe at how stunning games look at with fine edges and detailed surrounding. It only causes little drop in performance unlike regular anti-aliasing. Plus unlike TXAA, SMAA doesn't possess blur that seems like your screen is shoved with tons of plastic. Trust me and save yourselves from the hassle of even thinking using TXAA. :)

Is there a SweetFX already out for this game ? Or are you using the SweetFX from AC3?

Thnaks
Have you tried SMAA? :/

Anykeyer
11-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Huh? Are you sure you've tried it? What game/s exactly? I've applied it upon a lot of games and I think I'm quite satisfied with the result both static and during movement. :/

Well if you can handle the heavy blurriness that TXAA offers who am I to stop you. :)

Both games I have right now with TXAA support (AC3 and AC4). If you dont care to read what TXAA is for then stop arguing FFS. You look silly at best trying to convince me when you dont even know the basics.

Devils_knight10
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
there should be another sweetfx made for this game omnipotus usually really quick when it come to sweetfx