PDA

View Full Version : Animals AI looks better than human's one.

AdamPearce
11-17-2013, 02:24 AM
Animals have a realistic reaction depending on your approach:

They run away if they see you too close
They attack you on your blind spot, no direct confrontation
IF it happens they run towards you, they quick enough so you don't have time to HS them
They run away when they hear a gunshot
They hide in the jungle density
They climb in the trees
They have realistic and cool animation

When humans...

Don't attack you on sight even if there is a dead body near you
Most of the time attacks you by front
They're so slow you can HS one guard then reload and kill another one
They don't react when they hear a gunshot
They don't ambush you or hide
They can't climb on buildings...but have no problems escalading 30meters mat
They have weird and unsmooth animations

and those are only few examples of how stupid human beings are in this game.

TheDanteEX
11-17-2013, 02:52 AM

They do all of these things.

And it's been improved so when they hear or see something deadly, they don't detect you unless they see you, but they still react to it and become aware. The only few major problems I've been able to piece together are slight hivemind reactions from enemies, enemies not attacking at all, and (this one is intentional) their attacking animations are bizarre.

AdamPearce
11-17-2013, 03:33 AM
They do all of these things.

And it's been improved so when they hear or see something deadly, they don't detect you unless they see you, but they still react to it and become aware. The only few major problems I've been able to piece together are slight hivemind reactions from enemies, enemies not attacking at all, and (this one is intentional) their attacking animations are bizarre.

AC1 had better reactions, not kidding. When they found a dead body, they'd automatically be suspicious on sight, now they are suspicious only because it is a restricted area...
And no they don't react when they hear a gunshot, I've tested it, they do nothing.
And no, they don't ambush you or hide in the bushes, never, ever.

They are just brainless.

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2013, 03:41 AM
They don't react to a gun shot, at least as far as I know, but they do everything else. The ambush in the bushes thing happens with the Guardians. You said humans, not guards.

Though why a guard would hide in a bush is beyond me, it does happen with Guardians though.

MasterfulList53
11-17-2013, 04:55 AM
The animals run around constantly. In real life, most large wild animals spend a lot of time either standing/lying down in the same spot or moving slowly (e.g.,when grazing, hunting or foraging). They don't prance about endlessly bumping into things.

It's more or less OK to make deer move in this way, but animal behaviour is pretty inaccurate for the most part. AC3 probably did a slightly better job. The sealife might be better, but I've not done unlocked diving yet.

TheDanteEX
11-17-2013, 04:56 AM
The plantation key holders hide in bushes when they get suspicious. Also, guards react immediately after seeing a body, restricted area or not. They don't turn around after a body "ragdolls", which is great. Guards have been made a little more aggressive. Bumping them once doesn't have them push you, they straight out go into kill mode. And if you mean shooting at nothing, I'm not entirely sure as I haven't tested it fully but I have shot the sky with a guard nearby and they attacked me. I know for a fact if you shoot a person, guards do react to it. They run to where they heard the shot, and if they cannot find the source, they search the area.

andreG1ant
11-17-2013, 05:04 AM
They don't react to a gun shot, at least as far as I know, but they do everything else. The ambush in the bushes thing happens with the Guardians. You said humans, not guards.

Though why a guard would hide in a bush is beyond me, it does happen with Guardians though.

I tried just now, while free roaming, guards "search" when they heard me firing a gunshot; when they find you, they attack (although I'm not to sure is they search in stealth situations as I have yet to test this out, but I'm sure they respond to it as well)

Landruner
11-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Animals have a realistic reaction depending on your approach:

They run away if they see you too close
They attack you on your blind spot, no direct confrontation
IF it happens they run towards you, they quick enough so you don't have time to HS them
They run away when they hear a gunshot
They hide in the jungle density
They climb in the trees
They have realistic and cool animation

When humans...

Most of the time attacks you by front
They're so slow you can HS one guard then reload and kill another one
They can't climb on buildings...but have no problems escalading 30meters mat
They have weird and unsmooth animations

and those are only few examples of how stupid human beings are in this game.

Perhaps, I am out of topic there (may be not that much) and sorry if I am for some, but I wish that they could get the NPCs AI radiant and AI events as it is in R.D.R - Both animals and Humans were pretty smart in that game, and their reactions were genuine to the player and situation, and the random events were making a lot of immersion too