PDA

View Full Version : Is this animation in the actual game?

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 12:49 AM
The hidden blade assassination animation at 4:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-BolM9fWzM

I'm going to be really sad if that was just a "demo" animation... I really didn't like how in AC3 the hidden blade stealth assassinations were always the "walking forward while stabbing" ones even if you were standing still right behind them.

I saw some current-gen gameplay videos with stealth kills and I didn't see it or anything like it... Do you have to be standing still completely or maybe if you hold the button he does that move? It would make sense to be in the game besides just showing off "demo" tech in the videos... like Edward lays the body down so it doesn't fall off of the roof. I understand that it's not going to cut to a different cinematic angle with no hud in the actual game, and I wouldn't even want that, but it's just... it has to be in there, right?

DetroitPlaya
11-17-2013, 12:56 AM
There's quite a handful of them, and 99% sure this one also is there.

They definitely added more different assassinations in this

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 12:58 AM
There's quite a handful of them, and 99% sure this one also is there.

They definitely added more different assassinations in this

Ah thank god. Awesome news for me. Is there a specific way to do them though? Like I said I watched a part of some dude's walkthrough to look for these sort of animations and when he took out a sniper it was just the normal quick AC3 one. Maybe he moved away or something.

DetroitPlaya
11-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Will try boot up the game and see if I can reproduce it.

I know there's a few "slow" ones

Daemon300
11-17-2013, 01:09 AM
If I remember correctly, this is a high profile assassination. So you have to hold RT (on the Xbox) and press X when standing behind the enemy.

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2013, 01:09 AM
Yeah, it's in there, but not in slow motion unless it's the "final guard." But I've done it before, looks great.

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 01:12 AM
Will try boot up the game and see if I can reproduce it.

I know there's a few "slow" ones

Appreciate it. :B

If I remember correctly, this is a high profile assassination. So you have to hold RT (on the Xbox) and press X when standing behind the enemy.

Oh? That works for me if so.

Yeah, it's in there, but not in slow motion unless it's the "final guard." But I've done it before, looks great.

Not a huge fan of the slow-mo anyways so again that works for me. Thanks guys. Definitely not worried anymore. I thought maybe they did the same thing they did with the blending animations in the first gameplay video they released where Edward would chat with the people he blended with and removed them from the actual game.

TheDanteEX
11-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah, it's the high-profile single-blade non-motion assassination. It bothers me a bit in the final game because the first stab sound isn't in synch with the animation. On the topic of hidden blade kills, am I the only one who feels the low-profile double assassination and the high-profile double assassination should be switched? The walking one makes Edward stop in his tracks while the standing one makes Edward begin walking. I'd rather keep the walking momentum with the low-profile.

Edit: I was confused about what I put.

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Yeah, it's the high-profile single-blade non-motion assassination. It bothers me a bit in the final game because the first stab sound isn't in synch with the animation. On the topic of hidden blade kills, am I the only one who feels the walking high-profile double assassination and the standing high-profile double assassination should be switched? The walking one makes Edward stop in his tracks while the standing one makes Edward begin walking. I'd rather keep the walking momentum.

Hm... maybe they'll fix the sound bugs? I've heard there's a few...

hamNdoritos
11-17-2013, 03:01 AM
to be honest, I didn't experience that assassination animation. and I've killed thousands of guards and many of them were stealth hidden blade assassinations from the back, and none of them were in a separate slow animation.

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 03:10 AM
to be honest, I didn't experience that assassination animation. and I've killed thousands of guards and many of them were stealth hidden blade assassinations from the back, and none of them were in a separate slow animation.

Well I just meant that animation in general, not how it cuts to a different angle with no hud all cinematic, I know that was just for the video. But it's been confirmed by people here so it must be there. Dante said it's a high profile move while being relatively still. I personally think it's actually quite stealthy but I guess they had to put it on the high profile section.

So it's like the thing in AC2 where Ezio put the guy to his knees and stabbed him in the neck, and then (this was really stupid considering how brutal the move was) laid him down all gentle and such, and that took forrreever.

MnemonicSyntax
11-17-2013, 03:13 AM
If you actually don't "run" and just walk up to a guard and then go high profile, it'll happen. Of course, it's position dependent though.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 03:15 AM
The hidden blade assassination animation at 4:10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-BolM9fWzM

I'm going to be really sad if that was just a "demo" animation... I really didn't like how in AC3 the hidden blade stealth assassinations were always the "walking forward while stabbing" ones even if you were standing still right behind them.

I saw some current-gen gameplay videos with stealth kills and I didn't see it or anything like it... Do you have to be standing still completely or maybe if you hold the button he does that move? It would make sense to be in the game besides just showing off "demo" tech in the videos... like Edward lays the body down so it doesn't fall off of the roof. I understand that it's not going to cut to a different cinematic angle with no hud in the actual game, and I wouldn't even want that, but it's just... it has to be in there, right?

Yes that animation is there...

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 03:21 AM
If you actually don't "run" and just walk up to a guard and then go high profile, it'll happen. Of course, it's position dependent though.

Yeah I figured that's how it worked. Again, thanks guys.

TheDanteEX
11-17-2013, 04:50 AM
I personally think it's actually quite stealthy but I guess they had to put it on the high profile section.

Luckily, the high profile assassinations' alert ranges have been toned down immensely from AC3, so you can get away with it pretty often. I've yet to test it out, but guards don't have eyes on the back of their heads so as long as a hidden blade kill isn't in their line-of-sight I feel it's possible to get away with it. I've gotten away with a lot of things I thought would have alerted nearby guards.

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Luckily, the high profile assassinations' alert ranges have been toned down immensely from AC3, so you can get away with it pretty often. I've yet to test it out, but guards don't have eyes on the back of their heads so as long as a hidden blade kill isn't in their line-of-sight I feel it's possible to get away with it. I've gotten away with a lot of things I thought would have alerted nearby guards.

Sounds great.

Although I did see something a bit silly in a gameplay video. Edward walked right towards a patrol of two, and they saw him, so he walked 2 steps into this really low bush, and then one dude walked into the bush, got killed while the second guy was turned around, then the second guy came to the whistle and also got killed. was a little bit silly but there's always a bit of silliness in AC every once in a while.

This was in AC3 aswell, but I got reminded of it while watching a ps4 live stream for a bit, but I love love love the knee of justice. You know... when you're by a ledge with an enemy, you jump into the air, knee them in the face, and send them flying off the building.

andreG1ant
11-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Yes it is in the game, it's a non-motion animation (hold RT and press X to do it), I find it pretty useful because the guards don't slide off the rooftops like past games.

TheDanteEX
11-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Yeah, assassinating from stalking zones pretty much keeps you undetectable unless the enemy seeing it is really close. Sometimes enemies show crazy brilliance, such as an enemy that began investigating either because the buddy he saw on his patrol route disappeared or because his weapon was lying on the floor. Either way, the body was in a haystack so he noticed something was up somehow. Other times, enemies are just incredibly silly.

One of my favorite things about ACIV is discovering what an enemy is going to do because believe it or not, they mix it up from time to time. Such as the axe-wielders throwing grenades into hidespots, forcing you to either leave it or take the hit. And enemies always check out the whistling, but you never know if they'll draw their weapon or not. Keeps you on your toes.