PDA

View Full Version : [Petition] Let's get Desmond back!

xDynamic1337
11-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Guyes,

Like most of you, I loved desmond miles more than any other character.
Therefore I've made a petition with hope to get him back.
Link: https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-entertainment-return-desmond-miles-as-main-playable-character
Let's try to get at least 10k signed to get him back!

Thanks

DetroitPlaya
11-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Uhm.. He's dead.

And AC IV: BF honestly involves him much more than the previous titles.

roostersrule2
11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
No.

http://i39.tinypic.com/qsuo1v.jpg

xDynamic1337
11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Uhm.. He's dead.

And AC IV: BF honestly involves him much more than the previous titles.
Maybe some juno magic could do the trick?

pirate1802
11-16-2013, 04:54 PM
This is what I was saving my rotten fishes for. Attack I say!

pirate1802
11-16-2013, 04:54 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/qsuo1v.jpg

You did good son, you did.. good.

Daemon300
11-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Haha, you're joking right?

Good one.

DetroitPlaya
11-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Maybe some juno magic could do the trick?

No.

Desmond was a tool, nothing more.

roostersrule2
11-16-2013, 04:58 PM
You did good son, you did.. good.Cheers cuz, I'm glad we came prepared. The devs may of been having a lack of idea's for future games and listened.

Hans684
11-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Pention: Don't give Desmond back

SixKeys
11-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Like most of you, I loved desmond miles more than any other character.

Do you even go here?

OHIC
11-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Honestly, if they ever rebooted the series I'd be petitioning for his removal. What a feeble cardboard bro. What a beige smudge.

pirate1802
11-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Honestly, if they ever rebooted the series I'd be petitioning for his removal. What a feeble cardboard bro. What a beige smudge.

lawl. Seriously though, if they ever rebooted the series and kept him, it'd be a chance for them to make him more interesting. Not a bad thing.

AdamPearce
11-16-2013, 06:13 PM
No, I want Eve's female descendant. Desmond is dead, get that. Black Flag is a transition, a new era is coming!

Landruner
11-16-2013, 08:37 PM
You know I understand your point, but for honestly bringing Desmond back, you need a serious and holly rock n' roll twist that does not smell too cheesy in order for that most people does think "storywiselly" speaking it is still believable. It could have work if they are another idea behind the head back in time for AC3, but they did not! - Such twist idea for a story are hard to find for an author and very hard to set up in order to put them in efficient ways without being ridiculous for the franchise and/or sounding re-heated for its fans. Additionally it actually could definitely kills the franchise and its credibility or turning it into a pure parody (Think about Alien resurrection for Alien's franchise). I understand that some people want Desmond back, and I respect that, but I do not think they can now do it without ruining the all thing.

As the Beatles could have sang

"Lucy in the sky with Desmond"

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2012/100/c/9/lucy_in_the_sky_with_desmond_by_lilianne693-d4vpxf7.jpg (http://lilianne693.deviantart.com/art/Lucy-in-the-Sky-with-Desmond-295142515)

and we have to deal with it.

Krayus Korianis
11-16-2013, 08:40 PM
No. Desmond is dead and there's no going back.

adventurewomen
11-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Desmond has already been in 5 AC games and his story has long ended, let him go. Desmond died in AC3.

Desmond was so annoying. tbh. I disliked the amount of times he would talk during a sequence or get out of the Animus when he wanted.

ShadowFiend1993
11-16-2013, 09:02 PM
DEADmond.

Landruner
11-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Desmond has already been in 5 AC games and his story has long ended, let him go. Desmond died in AC3.

Desmond was so annoying. tbh. I disliked the amount of times he would talk during a sequence or get out of the Animus when he wanted.

Yes, but Connor had been only in one and....:p... just teasing and kindly picky on you!!!

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Looks like you guys have this under control...

Hans684
11-16-2013, 09:08 PM
DEADmond.

Ezio Auditore Dead Firenze

AltaÔr Dead-La-A'had

Haymich Deadway

Deadward Kenway

Ratondeadť:ton

Kagurra
11-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Ezio Auditore Dead Firenze

AltaÔr Dead-La-A'had

Haymich Deadway

Deadward Kenway

Ratondead:ton

I really liked Deadward Kenway...

Hans684
11-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I really liked Deadward Kenway...

I see your profile picture approved it to XD

adventurewomen
11-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Yes, but Connor had been only in one and....:p... just teasing and kindly picky on you!!!
I know you're just being lighthearted and I get that..

Yeah damn right though, Connor has only been in one! I want more!! :(

FrankieSatt
11-16-2013, 09:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0yXqU-w9U0

I think that about sums up the reason why this idea sucks.

Sigv4rd
11-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Petition: Let's not get Desmond back, and get an interesting Modern Day Character!

Landruner
11-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Petition: Let's not get Desmond back, and get an interesting Modern Day Character!

Who? Desmond's hidden twin Brother? LOL!

JRD963
11-17-2013, 02:10 AM
How about that Connor fellow?

Landruner
11-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Real Desmond?https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdouD6ItGlo5Qpt1xxy_fNeZ1smAI-VBlv0hy6WjKTYd_FstK9Rw (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=W5kOkq_oVXKukM&tbnid=e-UhRBieQhABLM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deviantart.com%2Fmorelikethis %2F130619839&ei=OT-IUtrYGuiwsQTc_YCIBA&bvm=bv.56643336,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFoHq3J70Uc_PkYdeq7ZtLzE7pw4w&ust=1384747187174690)

Perk89
11-17-2013, 08:06 AM
This forum is always so full of obnoxious people right after release, and, just as a disclaimer, I ain't talking about the OP.

LOOK AT HOW COOL YOU GUYS ARE MAKING E-INSULTS AT HIM!!!

Kagurra
11-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Real Desmond?https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdouD6ItGlo5Qpt1xxy_fNeZ1smAI-VBlv0hy6WjKTYd_FstK9Rw (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=W5kOkq_oVXKukM&tbnid=e-UhRBieQhABLM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deviantart.com%2Fmorelikethis %2F130619839&ei=OT-IUtrYGuiwsQTc_YCIBA&bvm=bv.56643336,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFoHq3J70Uc_PkYdeq7ZtLzE7pw4w&ust=1384747187174690)

That's totally photoshopped, right? Right...?

Landruner
11-17-2013, 08:37 AM
That's totally photoshopped, right? Right...?

No clue? I found that online, I don't know if it was an actor that they used as a model? or if it is someone that really looks like him?, or a "photoshopish" twist? May be someone knows there?

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 09:01 AM
It's the model they used for Desmond.

Skcarkden
11-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Personally speaking... I was always lead to believe that the entire series was made about desmond and he'd be using the animus to gain his skills.. for it to build up to some modern day series of events... the fact he died and then quickly the woman spoke of more to come just left me wondering... "What was even the point of it all if he's just going to die like that?" I feel a little dissapointed about the direction, but a magic "they can always be brought back to life, despite desmond's body having been chopped up" would just be even more dissapointing to me, no matter how much i want him back so that he might prove useful for once.

Heck i thought the new star trek movie was too cheesy the way they killed kirk and just HAPPENED to have an idea to bring him back to life using khan's blood. I know it was a remake and someone was brought back to life in the original but it wasn't as cheesy as "and suddenly they find a way to save him" but rather they just inadvertently send his body away to a place that brought him back.

pirate1802
11-17-2013, 09:58 AM
No clue? I found that online, I don't know if it was an actor that they used as a model? or if it is someone that really looks like him?, or a "photoshopish" twist? May be someone knows there?

Tis real.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 10:06 AM
It's the model they used for Desmond.

The picture was looking real but I was not sure since it was the only I could find
Does anyone knows his name?
Try to be civilized and send the condolences, he save us for the apocalypse after all....

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 10:49 AM
The picture was looking real but I was not sure since it was the only I could find
Does anyone knows his name?
Try to be civilized and send the condolences, he save us for the apocalypse after all....Francisco Randez.

I hope he isn't allergic to fish.

Actually I hope he is.

RinoTheBouncer
11-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Iím with you. He must return whether like Clay Kazmareck or some Apple of Eden alternate reality thing..etc.

pirate1802
11-17-2013, 11:49 AM
francisco randez.

I hope he isn't allergic to fish.

Actually i hope he is.

hahahahahahahahah!

phoenix-force411
11-17-2013, 12:27 PM
They did say the legacy of Subject 17 will live on as Sample 17. I'm really hoping to see Desmond, since we have no idea who the modern day guy is, and plus, the people around us act very weird around us.

phoenix-force411
11-17-2013, 12:28 PM
No clue? I found that online, I don't know if it was an actor that they used as a model? or if it is someone that really looks like him?, or a "photoshopish" twist? May be someone knows there? It's Francisco Randez. The face of Desmond.

Raibuscus
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM
But.. Desmond, he dead.

UbisoftSlick
11-17-2013, 12:40 PM
There is a chance of him returning. Watch the camera feeds after beating the game and listen to everything closely.

AstusOz
11-17-2013, 12:40 PM
I really disliked the way they handled Desmond in AC3. I didn't mind the resolution, it's just the segments playing as him felt underwhelming aside from the first main skyscraper mission which was just beautiful. Especially the Abstergo mission.

pirate1802
11-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Especially the Abstergo mission.

It is the natural outcome of pitting a system designed primarily for sword fights into gun-wielding modern era.

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I really disliked the way they handled Desmond in AC3. I didn't mind the resolution, it's just the segments playing as him felt underwhelming aside from the first main skyscraper mission which was just beautiful. Especially the Abstergo mission.The Abstergo mission was Desmond's most badass moment though.

You know just casually walking into the worlds biggest and most powerful organisation when you're the worlds most wanted man. However the way Vidic, Cross and the combat were handled was terrible.

pacmanate
11-17-2013, 02:28 PM
I want to see Desmond inside the animus. His glowy arm must have been for something.

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 02:36 PM
I want to see Desmond inside the animus. His glowy arm must have been for something.The arm was how only his touch could make the orb work.

pacmanate
11-17-2013, 02:39 PM
The arm was how only his touch could make the orb work.

I thought he could activate it regardless due to him having high TWCB DNA?

roostersrule2
11-17-2013, 02:50 PM
I thought he could activate it regardless due to him having high TWCB DNA?Maybe, I always just thought that was the reason why.

FrankieSatt
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
This forum is always so full of obnoxious people right after release, and, just as a disclaimer, I ain't talking about the OP.

LOOK AT HOW COOL YOU GUYS ARE MAKING E-INSULTS AT HIM!!!

I'm not insulting the OP, it's just a crappy idea for the single fact that Desmond is dead and bringing him back from the dead is about the dumbest thing that UbiSoft could do.

OHIC
11-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Iím with you. He must return whether like Clay Kazmareck or some Apple of Eden alternate reality thing..etc.

I really hope not. I don't think I could deal with Desmond turning up to Obi-Wan ineptly around the place like a pseudo-wise ghost.

OHIC
11-17-2013, 05:08 PM
The Abstergo mission was Desmond's most badass moment though.

You know just casually walking into the worlds biggest and most powerful organisation when you're the worlds most wanted man. However the way Vidic, Cross and the combat were handled was terrible.

He did turn up with one of history's most devastating weapons, to be fair.

In a better AC, Vidic would have said: "Come to Abstergo and give yourself up, and we'll let your dad live. BTW - leave the Apple at home, or in a cave or something ffs. I'm going to have an armed perimeter 100 yards from the building, and if my snipers have the slightest suspicion you're carrying a PoE, they're going to kill you. So don't bring your stupid rucksack either. In fact, approach the building completely naked. If you still manage to smuggle the Apple in, fair play, you deserve to win."

Hans684
11-17-2013, 05:41 PM
He did turn up with one of history's most devastating weapons, to be fair.

In a better AC, Vidic would have said: "Come to Abstergo and give yourself up, and we'll let your dad live. BTW - leave the Apple at home, or in a cave or something ffs. I'm going to have an armed perimeter 100 yards from the building, and if my snipers have the slightest suspicion you're carrying a PoE, they're going to kill you. So don't bring your stupid rucksack either. In fact, approach the building completely naked. If you still manage to smuggle the Apple in, fair play, you deserve to win."

Then Vidic would have a brain damage, he called Desmond becouse he wanted the Apple of Eden. If Desmond left it at home, he could might as well said that Vidic could keep William and the power source. Then the world died.

OHIC
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Then Vidic would have a brain damage, he called Desmond becouse he wanted the Apple of Eden. If Desmond left it at home, he could might as well said that Vidic could keep William and the power source. Then the world died.

Good point.

"Okay Desmond - YOU stay in the cave and, since he won't be able to activate it, get Shaun to bring us the Apple. Naked."

RoBg03
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Desmond was a boring character. i never liked the modern day missions in any of the games. there was nothing worse than finishing an epic part of the game, only to wake up from the animus to have to complete some boring task in the modern world with desmond. they've moved further from that as the games have progressed, to where we are in ac4, but the side missions are an annoying distraction and not fun. (really i hack a computer by playing frogger?). If we're going to continue the modern storyline in future titles, i say just sum it up with cutscenes.

RinoTheBouncer
11-17-2013, 07:41 PM
The best way to bring Desmond back is to have Juno released. Ruins the world and somehow that “someone in the bunker” in ACIV who is obviously Desmond is resurrected using Juno or Aita’s psyche. Otherwise, it would be using the Apple of Eden to view an alternate reality where he chose not to save the world or something similar or just have Rebecca and Shaun do something to bring him back. I guess there’s enough sci-fi in the game that bringing a dead guy back to life isn’t gonna sound too nonsensical.

Landruner
11-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Desmond was a boring character. i never liked the modern day missions in any of the games. there was nothing worse than finishing an epic part of the game, only to wake up from the animus to have to complete some boring task in the modern world with desmond. they've moved further from that as the games have progressed, to where we are in ac4, but the side missions are an annoying distraction and not fun. (really i hack a computer by playing frogger?). If we're going to continue the modern storyline in future titles, i say just sum it up with cutscenes.

Desmond was not per say a boring character that is just the direction and use and purpose and also, the way his story moved forward that made him less popular for a lot of people - I am more disappointed how actually Ubisoft did not give that dude a chance be regain his popularity for the people that are reserve about him - If he sessions would have been made more interesting a lot of people would have been more received. It is not Desmond that was boring, this is actually the writer(s) that got bored with that character because they were incompetent or unable to produce a good and interesting story for him. I am not missing Desmond or not even him back, I am just thinking they screwed big time up what could have been one of the greatest science fiction story even writer for a video game.

RinoTheBouncer
11-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Desmond was not per say a boring character that is just the direction and use and purpose and also, the way his story moved forward that made him less popular for a lot of people - I am more disappointed how actually Ubisoft did not give that dude a chance be regain his popularity for the people that are reserve about him - If he sessions would have been made more interesting a lot of people would have been more received. It is not Desmond that was boring, this is actually the writer(s) that got bored with that character because they were incompetent or unable to produce a good and interesting story for him. I am not missing Desmond or not even him back, I am just thinking they screwed big time up what could have been one of the greatest science fiction story even writer for a video game.

I totally agree with you. I do miss Desmond though. I guess he was a pivotal element of the game and the more I think about it, the more I lose respect for the writers for the mess they made. The protagonist doesn’t have to die to make a serious/interesting/epic ending. I’m honestly wishing they made Desmond let the world burn and play as him leading the people and using what’s left of technology or Masyaf-Keys like objects to do what the Animus used to do to help rebuild the world.

I hate how whenever developers say “we want to start fresh” the game turns into a spitting image of it’s former self.

PedroAntonio2
11-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't understand why some people here say that Desmond is boring. I like him and listening him again in his Memos in ACIV made me miss him.

pacmanate
11-17-2013, 08:46 PM
So that video where they take his organs out.... yeah, that.

Hans684
11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I totally agree with you. I do miss Desmond though. I guess he was a pivotal element of the game and the more I think about it, the more I lose respect for the writers for the mess they made. The protagonist doesn’t have to die to make a serious/interesting/epic ending. I’m honestly wishing they made Desmond let the world burn and play as him leading the people and using what’s left of technology or Masyaf-Keys like objects to do what the Animus used to do to help rebuild the world.

I hate how whenever developers say “we want to start fresh” the game turns into a spitting image of it’s former self.

If he had let the world burn, Ubisoft could just say "This series is not gonna be based on history any longer since the world burned in AC3 and it didn't in real life." I would stopt playing AC if Desmond choose to let the world burn again, secondly had they choosen to do that the endless sircle would begging again and the apocalypse plot would repeat it self with another "Desmond" to save the world. Yes he would rebuild the world but in time it would end up repeating in endless story burn the world to save it plot. And it would no longer be AC.

Megas_Doux
11-17-2013, 08:51 PM
There are NO dragon balls in the AC universe.... Therefore, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoBg03
11-17-2013, 09:44 PM

yeah, maybe you're right, i do remember desmond being more interesting early on. i think they did kinda slack on that end of the story. i will say however that i really don't care for the peripheral characters. i HATE shaun. hes an extremely annoying ***** and he's not funny at all. hey shaun the world is coming to an end, you think you could chill with the snarky british guy act? rebecca was ok, but come-on, the twenty something hot chick tech whiz? haven't seen that character before. lucy was a very ambigous character, is she good? is she bad? by the time i found out i really didn't care any more as there wasn't enough time to really develop the lucy/desmond relationship. desmonds dad i didn't mind though.

pirate1802
11-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Well, you know.. not going with Minerva's way was one of the few wise things he did in his life. Had he let the world burn, he'd have been alive to the cheers of his fan, but would have come across as an extremely short-sighted seflish bastard to me and would have destroyed what little interest I had in him in the fullest extent. As of now, atleast his last act was a wise one and partially redeemed him.

Dragula
11-18-2013, 09:52 AM
ubisoft cant win, "the modern day missions with desmond are boring" so they find a way to get rid of desmond therefore dropping the modern day story to a point then they get "we miss desmond bring him back"..... so basically the people want desmond to be back and interesting..... but dont want to do any modern day bits? personally i liked the modern day bits in ac2 when you was in the little village and had to go collect things, and the one where you goto abstergo and such with desmond, i hope we will soon get a back and forward game where doing the modern day is just like in the animus like the pc will be a master assassin going into the animus so in modern missions you will do alot of stealth/set piece play, maybe to steal parts to upgrade the animus to effect the past instead of just reliving it

pirate1802
11-18-2013, 11:44 AM
If future ACs have similar lame modern day segments as AC3 then I should brace myself for more ridiculous fistfights and guards forgetting they've got guns and people don't fight with knives anymore. :p

Observer_One
11-18-2013, 11:48 AM
Please, help! ) What i need to do for available "Great Reputation II" in the fleet Kenway? I completed "Great Reputation" and "Great Reputation III" is in process.

Dragula
11-18-2013, 08:51 PM
do every mission that says ! unlocks : *******