PDA

View Full Version : Cant buy dlc to rocksmith 2014 without original rocksmith?!

haemorrhoids
11-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Hye everyone
i wondered if anybody can help me understand something
i bought the new rocksmith 2014 for PC and i wanted to buy more songs from the DLC (like the foo fighters pack or pearl jam pack).
in the rocksmith 2014 game theres a "SHOP" section where you can see al the DLC songs and packs and when i choose one pack or song to buy it prompts me to steam,
everything ok so far.
but when i want to checkout,steam says that i NEED to have a copy of the original ROCKSMITH.
i want to emphasize that im not interested in the disc import tool for the original songs for ROCKSMITH ORIGINAL, im just interested with the DLC
wht would i have a "SHOP" section in the game if i cant buy them withput the original copy?!
so my question is : is it not enough that i bought rocksmith 2014 to buy the songs on DLC? do i NEED to also buy the original rocksmith?!
it doesnt make any sense!.
thanks so much in advance for any answer you may respond.
Dan

dm_gsxr
11-16-2013, 03:00 PM
It's a steam issue mostly. Steam hasn't had to deal with dlc working with two games. So for now, yes, you have to have the original game to buy original DLC.

While Ubisoft is probably pestering steam, it's still something steam has to fix.

Carl

shihdo
11-16-2013, 03:16 PM
3 posts and a PM, you really want this info dont you?

haemorrhoids
11-16-2013, 03:23 PM
yes, i do.
sorry if i went overboard i just didnt know where is the right forum for this question. :)
it was just weird for me thats all. im wondering why ubisoft or steam didnt fixed it already

uncledavidyo
11-16-2013, 03:29 PM
This should have been fixed before launch, it seems that someone is making lots of cash from this fiasco. RS1 is still 29.99 on steam and Amazon, and I am willing to bet lots of folks have bought it at that price, just so they can get DLC. from RS1. Least they could do is offer RS1 at a very discounted price to RS2014 owners so we can have the RS1 DLC.. It appears that we are being fleeced by the corporations as per usual. I will not be buying RS1 at retail price just for the DLC and neither should you.

dm_gsxr
11-16-2013, 03:48 PM
I think it depends on the songs you want to play. It's not like you're just buying the game, you're also getting almost 50 _more_ songs for 30 bucks or less (a friend bought the game cd in the discount bin for $9.95) plus $10 to transfer the songs. But even at full price, you're getting the songs for less than a buck each vs the $3 bucks each for DLC ($150 vs $40? Seriously?).

Buy it or don't buy it but it seems like you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Carl

haemorrhoids
11-16-2013, 03:49 PM
You are absolutely right!
thats what i thought exactly.
it seems to convenient for ubisoft and steam to linger with this issue for as long as they can cause the songs in the DLC are great
this really irritates me.

uncledavidyo
11-16-2013, 04:03 PM
True, but I don't like but maybe two songs from Rs1, so to me that's a waste of my money for something I don't want or need. The DLC. on the other hand has several songs that I do like and want to purchase.

Kynlore
11-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Actually I'm sure they've lost more money than they have gained over the situation. That's a lot of DLC people can't purchase right now.

haemorrhoids
11-16-2013, 04:34 PM
it only takes a fraction of frustrated gamers like me to break and buy the 30$ RS 1 and it will very well be worth their while

dm_gsxr
11-16-2013, 04:36 PM
True, but I don't like but maybe two songs from Rs1, so to me that's a waste of my money for something I don't want or need. The DLC. on the other hand has several songs that I do like and want to purchase.

Understood and it makes sense. However there are quite a few of the RS1 songs I never even heard of that I really have fun playing and since it's a learning game, I bought all of the DLC because I figure they'll all teach me something. Avenged Sevenfold was new to me and I bought the three cds after playing them (Nightmare is one of my favorites).

Hey, buying all the DLC does teach. I didn't rebuy Survivor, Nickleback, or Pantera when I moved to the PC, so it's not a total loss :D

Carl

TheJohnNewton
11-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah I think I'd rather have customers happily buying songs at $3 a pop than a bunch of confused customers that can't seem to figure out why they can't buy my $3/per songs only SOME of which will eventually figure out how to go about it. They would have to be daft to think "hey lets make our customers really confused and unhappy so they are forced to search the webs then eventually if they aren't too ticked off we can trick them into buying the first game."

Kragax
11-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Well Folks I don't know if this is in the right place But I have a question. I'm an old dude and not too up on the laptop thing. I have a Dell Insperion running Windows 8.1 (Beta).
The specs are:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Intel Core CPU 2.4 Gig
Ram 4.0 Gig
64 bit OS x64 based processor

Can I run any version of RockSmith at all? Sorry if this is in the wrong place Im new to forums.

dav_tho2000
11-17-2013, 09:16 AM
im hoping they release the import pack for free for a week on ps3 as an apology.....

lllFariDlll
11-17-2013, 12:22 PM
can i ask more question? How about Ps3? Has it got the same problem about DLCs?

C.Linton
11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
im hoping they release the import pack for free for a week on ps3 as an apology.....

No, they won't, nor should they.

C.Linton
11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
can i ask more question? How about Ps3? Has it got the same problem about DLCs?

Only outside the USA.

Holgenius
11-18-2013, 04:24 PM
I would really like to get an official statement to this issue.
The first ticket i wrote to the steam support, as it is a problem with the steam shop. The reply basically was "we didnt make the game, go talk to ubi support". And the replies to the ticket i opened at ubi support were very unsatisfying, too. I have yet to get an answer that is more sophisticated than "in order to buy the DLC you have to buy the original Rocksmith", which was what i was criticising in the first place.

So what is the actual standpoint of ubi?
Is this behaviour intended? Is it a problem with steam? This shouldn't be so hard to fix, and its really frustrating.

DC-legztec
11-18-2013, 05:11 PM
How about getting RS at discount if you own 2014?
There is a difference not being able to help customers and not wanting to help customers....

SquirrellyNinja
11-18-2013, 05:37 PM
I would really like to get an official statement to this issue.
The first ticket i wrote to the steam support, as it is a problem with the steam shop. The reply basically was "we didnt make the game, go talk to ubi support". And the replies to the ticket i opened at ubi support were very unsatisfying, too. I have yet to get an answer that is more sophisticated than "in order to buy the DLC you have to buy the original Rocksmith", which was what i was criticising in the first place.

So what is the actual standpoint of ubi?
Is this behaviour intended? Is it a problem with steam? This shouldn't be so hard to fix, and its really frustrating.

No, this behavior is not intended and we're actively working with Steam to remove this restriction. I believe we've been very clear about this, but the fix for this is manually removing the game restriction for every piece of RS1 DLC on Steam. It'll take some time and we need action on Steam's side. It's not a checkbox we can just unmark on our end. So by no means should you feel obligated to buy RS1 to access RS1 DLC if you are okay with waiting a bit.

EDIT: Updated the sticky about known issues to reflect a more thorough answer to RS1 DLC and RS1 requirement on Steam issue.

MaddenMan
11-18-2013, 05:42 PM
it only takes a fraction of frustrated gamers like me to break and buy the 30$ RS 1 and it will very well be worth their while

I found an xbox 360 copy buy it now just a few mins ago for under $10 (sealed in package) - there were 5 left on ebay fyi.

Holgenius
11-18-2013, 06:05 PM
No, this behavior is not intended and we're actively working with Steam to remove this restriction.
Awesome :D
That's what i wanted to hear. Most of my rage came from the fact that the european/german support guys weren't able to tell me whether they're working on it or not.
I hope you find a fix soon!
Thanks

Mentazm
11-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Good to hear you are working on resolving this as there's a bunch of songs I want to buy. Thanks.

uncledavidyo
11-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the update, good to know the matter is being worked on. Sounds like its a steamy pile on the other end, that's holding things up. I will be waiting with trigger finger to push that magic buy button, when it all gets fixed.:)

Swoops394
11-21-2013, 12:23 AM
yea i with you Haemorrhoids i just want the DLC and i dont want to get RS1. hope it gets fixed soon.

thoman23
11-21-2013, 12:40 AM
In their defense, there's no way they could have predicted that people who don't own the original Rocksmith might want to buy DLC for RS2014, so it's not like they could have foreseen this.
That was sarcasm by the way. :) Dammit, I promised I wouldn't be snarky about their screwups anymore.

uncledavidyo
11-22-2013, 02:23 AM
yea i with you Haemorrhoids i just want the DLC and i dont want to get RS1. hope it gets fixed soon.

Yeah I hope it gets fixed soon, wish that we could get some kind of update, like what's going on or what is being done already. I mean come on tomorrow will be 30 days since launch after all

Gimm3TheLoot
11-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Need this sooner than later....

I am a blues guy and the Rocksmith DLC has more blues than the 2014 version. (Already DL Albert King "Sky is crying")

Want some BB-King, Santana.. Lets go!!!

DCUgooner
11-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I wasn't all that interested in buying the DLC until I saw the Steam sale. I loaded up my cart only to find I couldn't purchase anything because I didn't have RS1. The process wasn't made any simpler by Steam's website constantly causing BSODs on my machine either. I would love to see the DLC issue sorted out before the sale ends. .

kai2014
11-29-2013, 04:33 AM
I wasn't all that interested in buying the DLC until I saw the Steam sale. I loaded up my cart only to find I couldn't purchase anything because I didn't have RS1. The process wasn't made any simpler by Steam's website constantly causing BSODs on my machine either. I would love to see the DLC issue sorted out before the sale ends. .

Get RS1 off Amazon for $7.50, problem solved :)
http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Rocksmith-Download/dp/B009GKT2W2/ref=sr_1_11?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1385695946&sr=1-11&keywords=Rocksmith

DCUgooner
11-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Get RS1 off Amazon for $7.50, problem solved :)
http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-Rocksmith-Download/dp/B009GKT2W2/ref=sr_1_11?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1385695946&sr=1-11&keywords=Rocksmith

Thanks. The price drop makes it worthwhile to buy the original version now.

pyerjay
12-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Hi.. Has this issue been resolved? I was trying to buy the Pearl Jam song pack too and got the same message...

uncledavidyo
12-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Understood and it makes sense. However there are quite a few of the RS1 songs I never even heard of that I really have fun playing and since it's a learning game, I bought all of the DLC because I figure they'll all teach me something. Avenged Sevenfold was new to me and I bought the three cds after playing them (Nightmare is one of my favorites).

Hey, buying all the DLC does teach. I didn't rebuy Survivor, Nickleback, or Pantera when I moved to the PC, so it's not a total loss :D

Carl

Hey Carl, you are absolutely correct, I bought rs1 on sale for $7.50 from amazon, then bought the disc tool from steam for $9.99, and lo and behold, I like several of the songs from rs1, who woulda thunk it man. Then I bought about 7 or so songs from the rs1 dlc and I am a happy camper. It is a very good deal to buy rs1 right now while the sale is still going on. I do not regret my purchase, and would buy it again. So go ahead and get it folks. If you cant learn the guitar or bass with this many songs at your disposal, then put the guitar down and walk away.

TesioCorleon
12-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Hello friends .. =) ..
Is there a chance, how to solve this problem and dont buy RS1 ?? I buy some DLC form RS1 because in RS2014 in in-game shop was wrote, it will be compatible with last version of RS2014. You all know this. It will be really sad, if i must .. ehm .. throw away all my bought DLC .. =( .. Soo .. Is there a chance, i will be play RS1 DLCs in RS2014 ?? =)

ewindisch
12-03-2013, 03:53 PM
If you have Rocksmith 2014 on Steam, you may purchase the DLC as "gift" versions. This won't let you USE the DLC, but it will let you buy it at the sale price. Then, hopefully, you'll be able to activate the DLC once they update the Steam inventory.

dm_gsxr
12-03-2013, 04:00 PM
If you have Rocksmith 2014 on Steam, you may purchase the DLC as "gift" versions. This won't let you USE the DLC, but it will let you buy it at the sale price. Then, hopefully, you'll be able to activate the DLC once they update the Steam inventory.

What does that mean though? Can you assign them to you as a 'Gift'? I haven't used 'Gift' before so am curious. It might be a way to circumvent the problem if you can buy it for someone else, 'Gift' yourself, and have it automatically recognized.

Carl

hedwards362
12-03-2013, 05:56 PM
No, this behavior is not intended and we're actively working with Steam to remove this restriction. I believe we've been very clear about this, but the fix for this is manually removing the game restriction for every piece of RS1 DLC on Steam. It'll take some time and we need action on Steam's side. It's not a checkbox we can just unmark on our end. So by no means should you feel obligated to buy RS1 to access RS1 DLC if you are okay with waiting a bit.

EDIT: Updated the sticky about known issues to reflect a more thorough answer to RS1 DLC and RS1 requirement on Steam issue.

Does this only apply to the PC version or am I missing something here? I didn't think you could buy the RS1 songs through RS2014.

C.Linton
12-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Does this only apply to the PC version or am I missing something here? I didn't think you could buy the RS1 songs through RS2014.

As Far as I know it's just with the PC. On the PS3 I can buy and use RS1 DLC thru the 2014 in game shop just fine

deluge01
12-05-2013, 04:41 AM
You'd think that they could just re-submit all the RS1 DLC as RS2014 DLC and call it a day.

toymachinesh
12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
You'd think that they could just re-submit all the RS1 DLC as RS2014 DLC and call it a day.

And what about the people that don't own RS 2014?

mrvega79
12-05-2013, 10:56 AM

I bought the Clash and Black Keys song packs, both RS1 DLCs. They don't show up under the RS2014 DLC list. You have to go to the RS1 area to find those. (Of course, I own RS1).

TesioCorleon
12-05-2013, 11:25 AM
It will be better, if they just re-upload or " copy and paste " just with change of RS1 to RS2014 .. That will be really amazing .. By the way, i have this problem on PC version and i am not live in America .. I just dont know, what i will do, with that DLCs what ive already buy to RS1. =D. Do you see this UBI ?? If you will do it, i will spent really much cash for your DLCs .. =D ..

deluge01
12-06-2013, 05:12 AM
And what about the people that don't own RS 2014?

Just leave the RS1 DLC alone. Duplicate the RS1 DLC and re-submit it as RS2014 DLC. Steam obviously knows what stuff you have. Set up a rule that prohibits you from buying the same content twice.

Bandcamp14
12-06-2013, 05:47 AM
I'd just like to know when we'll be able to buy the Rocksmith DLC from within Rocksmith 2014. As it's all forward compatible, I see no good reason why the DLC isn't just available for purchase in the shop on release day. Forget buying the old version just so I can shell over money to buy the DLC on top of it.

Do we have any idea when such an eventuality would be possible?

Rocksmith seems like it's gearing up for an update model rather than a sequel model, so it only makes sense that *all* content should be forward compatible, so each new iteration is a clear scion of *all* of the ones before it.

a.k.a: Just bought 2014 and am willing to pay for a Black Keys pack whenever someone will just take my money.

thoman23
12-06-2013, 06:36 AM
I still don't understand how no one on the Ubi RS team in 2 years of development stopped to question and confirm if things would work for people who don't own RS1. It seemed to take them completely by surprise. It boggles the mind. RS2014 is still the greatest creation in the history of mankind though. :p

mlk81
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
YEs can you guys fix this? I wanted to buy the Pearl Jam pack and The man who sold the world but I cant.. it's almost 2014 and this haven't been resolved.

deluge01
12-14-2013, 06:55 PM
This sort of customer abuse (through what I hope is negligence instead of deliberate planning) may let Ubisoft beat out EA for 'Worst company in America' next year. Over the past 2 years, EA's gone 2 for 2 on that award. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/ea-named-worst-company-in-america-again) Good luck next year Ubisoft!

C.Linton
12-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Yeah, let's hang Ubisoft up by their ****** for something that's not their fault. :p

Kogure__
12-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Today I submitted a ticket to the Dutch Ubisoft support, and guess what the guy told me.
"You will only be able to use Rocksmith DLC if you have it activated in the original game."
I checked their FAQ again, and it actually doesn't mention being able to purchase DLC separately. Just transferring it.

Do you think this guy was uninformed of them trying to fix this issue, or are they not even trying to do anything? Right now I just feel scammed. I mainly bought the game because there are a lot of songs I like n the original DLC. There are maybe 6 or 7 stock songs I like.

C.Linton
12-20-2013, 06:38 AM
He's wrong.
Right after I got 2014 I bought a couple of older RS1 DLC (from the in game shop, if that makes any difference) that I never had with the original game, and they showed up immediately and work just fine with 2014.I'm on PS3 us by the way. I'll be honest, I don't know how it works on other platforms or regions, but I'm sure the way I've got it is the intended way it's supposed to work.If it doesn't work that way for you, I'm sure Ubi is working on it right now to correct that.

Kogure__
12-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Maybe he just didn't bother looking up any details about the issue. I think that what's happening is, Valve is too lazy to change Steam, and Ubisoft doesn't want to manually reupload all the songs.
Anyway, I still bought some of the old DLC as a gift because it's on holiday sale. I can't redeem it, but it's in my inventory. Maybe the issue will be fixed at some point.

Oh yeah, we have the in-game shop as well, but it just opens Steam.

irockash
12-23-2013, 08:42 AM
:( I just pulled the trigger on Rocksmith 1, the disc import tool, and The Man Who Sold The World.

I tried to wait to see if this gets resolved, but couldn't hold out. Good ol' Steam is at least saving me some money, albeit, while making some of their own.

Joss_Reeves
01-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I just bought Rocksmith 2014 for my Mac and have been enjoying it immensely. Awesome game and Ubi did a really nice job on it. I was glad to see some music packs for some of my favorite bands like Pearl Jam. So I was very disappointed to discover that there doesn't seem to be a way for me to actually purchase anything :( Since I have a Mac and not a PC, I can't just buy the original Rocksmith. It's not compatible. Is this problem in the Steam store being worked on? Really bummed that I'm going to miss the holiday sale because of a technical issue. There's several song packs that I want to buy. Is there a way that I can be notified when this is resolved?

toymachinesh
01-01-2014, 10:01 PM
I just bought Rocksmith 2014 for my Mac and have been enjoying it immensely. Awesome game and Ubi did a really nice job on it. I was glad to see some music packs for some of my favorite bands like Pearl Jam. So I was very disappointed to discover that there doesn't seem to be a way for me to actually purchase anything :( Since I have a Mac and not a PC, I can't just buy the original Rocksmith. It's not compatible. Is this problem in the Steam store being worked on? Really bummed that I'm going to miss the holiday sale because of a technical issue. There's several song packs that I want to buy. Is there a way that I can be notified when this is resolved?

You can purchase the PC version of Rocksmith on a Mac. You won't be able to play it but the fact it's in your inventory is enough for Steam. You can also import the songs into 2014 for $9.99

Here is Rocksmith 1 for $15.00 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GKT2W2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009GKT2W2&linkCode=as2&tag=theri07-20) on Amazon.

ShadowBlack666
01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Well I will buy nothing else from ubi .This is a bunnch of bull. Buy the game and takes a degree in engineering to get it to play it needs to have steam gone uplay gone instead of all this stuff to bog your system down and hald don't work. I'll never buy again and will get 1 star on amazon.

toymachinesh
01-02-2014, 01:05 AM
Well I will buy nothing else from ubi .This is a bunnch of bull. Buy the game and takes a degree in engineering to get it to play it needs to have steam gone uplay gone instead of all this stuff to bog your system down and hald don't work. I'll never buy again and will get 1 star on amazon.

n1c

sunvalleylaw
01-07-2014, 06:29 AM
You can purchase the PC version of Rocksmith on a Mac. You won't be able to play it but the fact it's in your inventory is enough for Steam. You can also import the songs into 2014 for $9.99

Here is Rocksmith 1 for $15.00 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GKT2W2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009GKT2W2&linkCode=as2&tag=theri07-20) on Amazon.

Your link sends me to the PC version of the game for 29.99. Best price I can find. I am a new owner of 2014 for Xbox and would love to solve the issue also. Though I think in skimming this thread that I see it might be different with the Xbox version and maybe I can upload the old songs as DLC. I am going to log on and check now.

sunvalleylaw
01-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Your link sends me to the PC version of the game for 29.99. Best price I can find. I am a new owner of 2014 for Xbox and would love to solve the issue also. Though I think in skimming this thread that I see it might be different with the Xbox version and maybe I can upload the old songs as DLC. I am going to log on and check now.

Upon further reading, it looks like I need to buy the original to get the original songs. As I said, the link supplied now is about $30. I found it "pre-owned" at Best Buy for $4.99 if anyone else wants to try getting it that way.

toymachinesh
01-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Yes if you want to import the songs off the disc you have to own the original and pay a $9.99 import fee. That's not what this thread is about though.

Cypripedium
01-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Any update on this bug from an official ? It's more than 2 months now and this is still not fixed. And theres nothing but silence about it.

rcole_sooner
01-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Since it is a Steam issue, there is no official here to give you an answer.

That said, we know they are working on it.

It is in their best interest to fix it. They stand to make more money that way. I see no reason why they would not want to get it fixed as soon as possible.

ctrl.alt.suppr
01-15-2014, 09:16 PM
It's been quite a while since the original post, though. Is there any news on this, as as a mac owner I don't see any point for me to actually buy RS1?

thoman23
01-15-2014, 10:51 PM
It's been quite a while since the original post, though. Is there any news on this, as as a mac owner I don't see any point for me to actually buy RS1?

Well, it depends on how badly you want the original RS1 on-disk songs plus the ability to buy original RS1 DLC. If you wait for another Steam sale and get RS1 for 10 or 15 bucks, I think it's well worth it, even though you can never play it. Even once they fix the DLC issue, it would still probably be worth it to get access to the RS1 on-disk content.

dm_gsxr
01-15-2014, 10:54 PM

As I said in your other post, you can actually buy the RS1 game digitally in Steam and then the transfer tool. Then the songs from the original game will transfer into RS2014 and you can play them.

Carl

crbrew7974
01-16-2014, 09:48 PM
as of last night, this has not been fixed.

chriser80229
01-20-2014, 07:39 PM
I went through this very scenario yesterday - was very frustrated. The DLC was something I was very excited about when I made the decision to buy RS 2014. This is my first Rocksmith experience - I do not own the original Rocksmith.

Have you gotten any additional insight from Steam about this? I don't even know - is there a Steam customer support line? I'm curious when this will be resolved.

Thanks for posting your question - huge help for me to know others are dealing with the same issue and that I'm not crazy.

nathanmaxtro
01-21-2014, 03:06 AM
Frankly, at this point in time, if you have Rocksmith 2014, the original Rocksmith should be given to you. There is no reason not to.

Of course if you want to have access to the songs from the Rocksmith disc, you will have to pay the $10 transfer cost. That's fine.

Right now if you want to play the Rocksmith songs on Rocksmith 2014, it will cost you $100 (both versions of game + transfer fee) which is just ridiculous.

Giving owners of Rocksmith 2014, the original Rocksmith fixes the stupid DLC glitch and shows goodwill from Ubisoft.

Steel_Nirvana
01-21-2014, 03:35 AM
It doesn't cost $100. :rolleyes:

It costs whatever RS costs, then another $10 if you want to import those songs into RS14. RS is probably heavily discounted these days. Add: RS is currently $29.99 on Steam.

Being dramatic doesn't help credibility on the internet any more than it does in person.

C.Linton
01-21-2014, 04:38 AM
$100 for over 100 songs, less than a dollar per song? Hardly ridiculous, it's rather cheap, really, IMO

nathanmaxtro
01-21-2014, 06:46 AM
It doesn't cost $100. :rolleyes:

It costs whatever RS costs, then another $10 if you want to import those songs into RS14. RS is probably heavily discounted these days. Add: RS is currently $29.99 on Steam.

Being dramatic doesn't help credibility on the internet any more than it does in person.
Rocksmith $30
Import songs into 2014 $10
Rocksmith 2014 $ 60

30 +10 + 60 = ?

toymachinesh
01-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Why are you factoring in the cost of 2014?

C.Linton
01-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Good point, Toy. Still, even at a price point of $100 if you were to include the cost of 2014, it's still a bargain.
Oh, and giving RS1 away for free ... That's really not a good idea. There's still plenty of people out there that have no interest in 2014, they only want to play RS1. Why should they get it for free when everybody else had to pay for it? That ain't gonna happen, nor should it. That would eat into sales for 2014. Ubisoft isn't that stupid.

chimer555
01-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Wait!!!! Hold on blind sheep.... This is by no means what-so-ever a "steam problem"! This is all on Ubisoft. Quite frankly I find it very distasteful and unprofessional of Ubisoft to place the blame on a pre-established system (steam) because Ubisoft didn't see fit to manage there DLC within those parameters!!! Rs2014 released in north America back in October 22nd; its been 3 months exactly tomorrow. That was a 1/4 of a year ago and they still haven't managed to iron this out???

The RS Product Manager SquirrellyNinja said in post #20 "the fix for this is manually removing the game restriction for every piece of RS1 DLC on Steam.".... "we need action on Steam's side. It's not a checkbox we can just unmark on our end."

Clearly folks we the end users have been dragged into a power struggle between steam and ubisoft where everyone suffers... Different games need different DLC list ubisoft.... Own up to your mistake and fix it! Don't wait for someone else to do it for you! Create SERERATE DLC list for each game and add the appropriate DLC to each. IF this requires a patch so be it; you should have done this in the first place.

RS2014 is a brilliant title and further opens the door to many many new possibilities. It should not be burdened with such petty problems...

Steel_Nirvana
01-21-2014, 04:27 PM
The point is, RS14 is a given: RS14 is a sunk cost.. To get RS1 DLC actually only costs $30, and another $10 if you also want to play the on-disk songs in RS14.

Edit: did it again & forgot to quote the post. Anyway, it's obvious.

Dizzyg12
01-22-2014, 03:27 AM
So As a macbook player can I buy rs1 on steam and the import tool to import
old dlc content? I know I can't play the original but will it download and recognize it so I can get the in disc and dlc for the original?

C.Linton
01-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Yes. And I see no reason why you couldn't play RS1 once you buy and download it.

dm_gsxr
01-22-2014, 02:40 PM
So As a macbook player can I buy rs1 on steam and the import tool to import
old dlc content? I know I can't play the original but will it download and recognize it so I can get the in disc and dlc for the original?

Correct.

Carl

dm_gsxr
01-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Yes. And I see no reason why you couldn't play RS1 once you buy and download it.

He's on a Mac. Rocksmith 1 doesn't work on a Mac. Only Rocksmith 2014.

Carl

Dizzyg12
01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Correct.

Carl

He's on a Mac. Rocksmith 1 doesn't work on a Mac. Only Rocksmith 2014.

Carl

Thanks!

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 06:22 PM
looks like another issue of UBI being greedy.

but out products that don't work properly with the platforms they are dependent on.

This company is GREEDY. wake up people. time for the rocksmith black market.

Stang616
01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
looks like another issue of UBI being greedy.

but out products that don't work properly with the platforms they are dependent on.

This company is GREEDY. wake up people. time for the rocksmith black market.

The only greediness I see here is people such as yourself, or those that feel RS1 should be given out for free, and their sense of entitlement. You are no better than any of the rest of us who both RS14, most of us have been on board since RS and I'm sure many of us don't feel the same way you do, and there is no reason why you should be treated any differently. If you do not want to pay $10 to import RS1 songs, then don't. It's that simple. No one is forcing you to pay the $10 to get the old songs. If you wanted to play them that badly, then you would be shelling out the money for RS1 as well. This is simply a matter of you making a statement with no legs to stand on.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 06:49 PM
no it is more like people accepting products that aren't ready for release a company charging you for stuff because they know they can and people accepting it.

Stang616
01-22-2014, 06:55 PM
It was ready for release, if not there would have been a ton of patches by now. There are many games out there that are constantly releasing hotfixes, patches, etc. As this has been explained many times, including by an Ubisoft staff member, it is not a Ubisoft issue. There is no other game on Steam that has forwards compatible DLC. It is a new concept to them so you cannot expect it to just work the first time around. If they did not release it on PC there would be people complaining that wasn't available on PC. This issue will take time to work out. More than likely there were relicensing fees involved with getting the old content on the new game as well, not to mention the labor hours that were spent recharting, recoding, etc. and that is what we are paying for Nothing in this world is free.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 06:59 PM
this is all one long excuse for it not being worked out earlier. if the game was offering something new steam cuoldn't handle, the game should have prepared the solution.

rocksmith should have seen this coming.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 07:00 PM
nothing in the world is free .......... that is true when you are dealing with large greedy corporations that don't value their customers. they take them for granted and abuse them.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 07:02 PM
and i'm not asking for anything to be free.........just not have to pay for stuff twice. or the people who have to buy the entire RS1 game in order to downoad DLC. that is ridiculous.

Stang616
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
this is all one long excuse for it not being worked out earlier. if the game was offering something new steam cuoldn't handle, the game should have prepared the solution.

rocksmith should have seen this coming.

No, its you not having an understanding of how the system works. How was Ubi supposed to know that Steam couldn't handle the DLC? Every other platform did it just fine. The solution was prepared by Ubi as they redid all the RS1 DLC to work with RS14, it is Steam/Valve that did not modify there system to accommodate that issue.

As to your other post, no it has nothing to do with "greedy" corporations. Somebody pays for something at some point, even if it is given to the end user/consumer at no cost. That is just basic economics....

skoot69
01-22-2014, 07:09 PM
They should have known about it through testing. Absolutely. At the very least, they should have changed the marketing copy on their website and in-game to clearly state this issue. I bought the game with the intention of downloading the Rush pack. Everything on the RS website STILL leads customers to believe this is possible.

I get that it was a mistake and it's broken. **** happens. BUt to continue to advertise otherwise is a HUGE problem.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 07:11 PM
the point is it should have all bee worked out before the game was put out and the customers aren't able to get what they want. if rocksmith depends on steam then rocksmith needs to make steam get it done or change the way rocksmith is designing so they are not dependent upon steam.

it does have to do with greed because everyone is paying for the same songs twice. they are charging $10 and making huge profit off of something only for the sake of making huge profits. their costs are minimal.

it is greed and you are only helping it happen and allowing it be acceptable.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 07:13 PM
yep definitely false advertisement all along.

i didn't see it stating anywhere that you had to pay $10 for your old rocksmith songs to work in the new game. only advertised that they will work in the new game.

it is marketing greed. they know what they are doing and people shouldn't accept it or support it.

crbrew7974
01-22-2014, 07:54 PM
the point i am upset with is not getting all the rs1 snogs for free. I just want to be able to BUY and DLC that was released for the RS1 version, for my RS14. "They" say its backwards compatible, well its not when i can not BUY the DLC. and the BS comment saying "they" have to set each song manually is wrong also, this is all Database driven, a simple script and its fixed.. I stopped suggesting this software to friends. because i can not BUY the DLC i want to play.. Come on yall, get your *** together.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
yeah none of this **** is labor intensive. it is not rocket science. they are just trying to completely maximize their profits.

crbrew7974
01-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Nope its not, its super simple, oh well..

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803091-Help-FAQ-s-amp-Current-Issues-Workarounds-*UPDATED*-11-5-13

Rocksmith 1 DLC Unavailable to purchase when not owning/playing RS1 previously (Steam)
​We are looking into this issue and we appreciate your patience. Steam normally has a policy to restrict DLC purchases to those who own a particular game to prevent people from accidentally buying DLC they can't use. So for the original Rocksmith DLC you needed to own the game to buy the DLC. Many games do not support the kind of forward compatibility that we have with Rocksmith 2014 and as a result Steam is not equipped to handle associating multiple games with DLC which is why we're currently running into this problem. Rest assured, we do not intend to impose a RS1 ownership requirement for RS1 DLC and we're working as quickly as we can with Steam to remove this requirement.

even so, its not hard to design solution to this issue... after all this is effecting the button line by those that are hold back while this is being put off.. man i sure would not have my job if i performed like this in my software engineering job.. again oh well...

thoman23
01-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Wow, so much confusion and misinformation here.

Pesposit12: Please stop talking about the $10 transfer fee. This thread has nothing to do with that and you are just confusing people. This thread is about RS2014 owners on the PC/Mac Steam platform that should be able to purchase DLC from the original RS1 but are not able to, because they do not own RS1. The RS1 on-disk content is completely irrelevant to this issue.
Stang616: For something that's "not an Ubisoft problem", it sure seems to be causing a lot of problems for Ubisoft!

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 09:07 PM
someone else brought the $10 transfer fee topic up here to me, because in both cases i pointed out rocksmith is being greedy. charging $10 to transfer songs and now because it is advertised DLC work on both and they are compatible (when it doens't work) people have to buy Rocksmith 1 to download DLC on RS2014.

and it is part of the same issue......transferring songs back and forth.

it is a ubisoft problem because they advertised something that doesn't work on all platforms. the game is dependent upon the steam platform so they put the game out before the issue was resolved.

how is ubisoft not part of the problem, they knew it existed and put the game out before it was fixed. Ubisoft can put out RS2014 versions of the same RS DLC, that would solve the problem.

rcole_sooner
01-22-2014, 09:12 PM
pesposit12 ... you need to check your PMs.

Stang616
01-22-2014, 09:16 PM
someone else brought the $10 transfer fee topic up here to me, because in both cases i pointed out rocksmith is being greedy. charging $10 to transfer songs and now because it is advertised DLC work on both and they are compatible (when it doens't work) people have to buy Rocksmith 1 to download DLC on RS2014.

and it is part of the same issue......transferring songs back and forth.

it is a ubisoft problem because they advertised something that doesn't work on all platforms. the game is dependent upon the steam platform so they put the game out before the issue was resolved.

how is ubisoft not part of the problem, they knew it existed and put the game out before it was fixed. Ubisoft can put out RS2014 versions of the same RS DLC, that would solve the problem.

They did put out RS2014 versions of RS DLC, they were all revamped to support the new engine. Steam just does not recognize them as being in the new format and not requiring RS1.

Steel_Nirvana
01-22-2014, 11:11 PM
yeah none of this **** is labor intensive. it is not rocket science. they are just trying to completely maximize their profits.

You're not even making sense. How is it "maximizing their profits" not to fix a bug that prevents people from giving them money? If it were easy, they would do it quickly, because allowing people to buy DLC is money in their bank. The fact that it's not complete means either that the fix isn't simple or that they don't control what needs fixing.

Next.

pesposit12
01-22-2014, 11:23 PM
talking here about the the tool that transfer the RS1 files for use in RS14.

but leaving RS14 owners without the ability to purchase DLC (as advertised) is making people buy RS1 first..........then get the DLC.........therefore bringing in more money.

ninetysixtele
01-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Has this issue been resolved yet? I own RS2014 and want to buy the Police song pack.

I am using a mac and don't want to buy a windows versions of software that I will never use in order to buy a $5 song.

If/when this issue is resolved will a notice be sent out? Thanks.

Stang616
01-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Has this issue been resolved yet? I own RS2014 and want to buy the Police song pack.

I am using a mac and don't want to buy a windows versions of software that I will never use in order to buy a $5 song.

If/when this issue is resolved will a notice be sent out? Thanks.

Not yet AFAIK.

dm_gsxr
01-25-2014, 02:57 PM
When it's fixed it'll likely be announced on the Facebook page first.

Carl

Nate123456789
02-28-2014, 08:57 AM
I downloaded the free DEMO of Rocksmith (original) in Steam and it will now let me download all original DLC for use with Rocksmith 2014.

toymachinesh
02-28-2014, 09:17 AM
I downloaded the free DEMO of Rocksmith (original) in Steam and it will now let me download all original DLC for use with Rocksmith 2014.

Pretty sure that's not true

crbrew7974
03-04-2014, 10:39 PM

Didnt work

taplash
03-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Dropped 80 bucks on rocksmith 2014. Mainly to play the DLC songs, that are listed as playable. I guess I didn't read the get ********* if you don't buy the previous version subtext. Since I can't play what I want, huge waste of money. I can already play guitar. I just wanted better backing tracks, and the full band sound was worth the money to me. Extremely disappointed in this overall.

Sure I could spend an extra ~30 bucks, then spend an extra X amount of cash on the DLC. But as it was, 80 is stretching it to buy DLC content. I'll just go back to a band. They're never going to be as close to the recording. But they cost a lot less. Also saves me the time of learning a weird interface. I already own a drum machine and have access to tab.

C.Linton
03-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Well ... Isn't that special.

Derively
11-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Nooooooooooooooo, i just bought a song pack for 9 euros, and i panic now! Why do you put the dlc into the ingame shop, if it doesn't work? Now i will have to reclaim my money!

Edit: IT WORKS!!!! Maybe because i downloaded the RS demo, and played with it a bit. It's not in the Properties of RS2014, and the Steam didn't download anything, but the songs are in the list ingame. If anyone else have the same problem, try to play the RS demo, and check the song list in RS2014.

MarkAllan1963
11-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Have RS1 on order for other reasons (wanted another cable and the songs) now that the steam sale is on I am buying DLC Rush song Pak will not purchase for me because of te no RS! error any work around I think my Rs1 will not arrive before sale ends?

MarkAllan1963
11-30-2014, 03:58 AM
Ok loading and playing the demo version of Rocksmith did not work?

MarkAllan1963
11-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Can or should I try to bypass the warning and see if the Rush song pak will work with rocksmith 2014 if show is there a way to bypass the warning?

toymachinesh
11-30-2014, 06:50 AM
The warning prevents you from buying it, if you can buy it you don't need RS1 for it.

Why didn't you buy it off Amazon for $18?

http://t.co/ZFFk86RJRZ

MarkAllan1963
11-30-2014, 08:56 PM
The warning prevents you from buying it, if you can buy it you don't need RS1 for it.

Why didn't you buy it off Amazon for $18?

http://t.co/ZFFk86RJRZ

I bought my grandson a 3/4 scale Mini Strat off of kijji.ca so I wanted another cable so we could jam together so I bought a boxed version of SR1 for $29.00 and I am waiting for delivery then the steam sale happened. It is only 25% I will probably get it once I get RS1 delivered I am asking my family for steam cards for X-mas this year ;)

imfuraisoth
12-01-2014, 05:25 AM
It's been over a YEAR and this issue still hasn't been resolved! I already own both Rocksmith and 2014 on PS3 but I don't want to be locked to the Playstation environment so I bought 2014 for PC. I'm biting the bullet to repurchase all my DLC that I already purchased on PSN but now I get this stupid issue. I've just had about enough with Ubisoft and their crappy software. Trying to play Rocksmith has been non stop buggy issues and it's not just with the game but with the entire Ubisoft web interface. Everything with their software just reeks of terrible engineering. I can understand if they have bugs but if they take care of them in a timely manner, then that's fine but they can't seem to do even that. I'm not buying Rocksmith AGAIN for PC when I'm already repurchasing the DLC. I don't want to buy the DLC as a gift to myself to have them sit there for god knows how long until they get all this fixed. Ubisoft is the worst company. I have zero confidence in their engineering efforts.

toymachinesh
12-01-2014, 08:56 AM
It's almost like there's a third party content distributor causing this issue.

MarkAllan1963
12-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Hurry The box version of SR1 came this morning 3 days early and the sale is till ON !!!!!

imfuraisoth
12-01-2014, 08:45 PM
There has been no further responses from Ubisoft or Rocksmith on this issue. I guess they figured not enough people are complaining to bother addressing it. I'm not buying anymore DLC. The ones I was going to buy can just sit in the cart forever. I really wanted to support these guys but they continually make it so hard.

imfuraisoth
12-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Well the response from Ubisoft is that they are not going to bother with fixing this due to licensing issues. If this really was the case. Why am I even allowed to play the old DLC in Rocksmith 2014? This is some horse manure answer if you ask me.

toymachinesh
12-05-2014, 02:14 AM
Where are you getting "licensing issues" from? Citation needed.

Or do you mean re-uploading 143 RS1 items+ as Rocksmith 2014 DLC?

imfuraisoth
12-06-2014, 01:34 AM
This is the response I got from Ubisoft support:

"Due to music licensing, we cannot sell DLC released for the original Rocksmith on a platform Unless the player owns the Original Rocksmith on that console. We know this is frustrating, but it is necessary to be able to provide so many great songs."

toymachinesh
12-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Sounds like support confusing DLC with on disc import...

CanuckMonkey
12-26-2014, 06:31 PM

So it's over a year later now... What's the story on this?

I looked for this and couldn't find it. Which thread, exactly? Is it in the first post, or buried somewhere below?

Edit to add: This is particularly relevant for me because my brother bought me the RS1 Rush song pack on Steam and so I now own it but can't activate it because it looks like this same old issue is still present. The post above suggests that this was to be fixed, just a matter of time... How much time?

toymachinesh
12-26-2014, 06:52 PM
9 months with Valve not bothering to fix it

C.Linton
12-27-2014, 09:35 PM
9 months with Valve not bothering to fix it

Which makes no sense to me as I would think this is costing them some profits.

CanuckMonkey
12-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Which makes no sense to me as I would think this is costing them some profits.

Sounds like maybe it's time for me to start pestering Steam support, then.

C.Linton
12-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Sounds like maybe it's time for me to start pestering Steam support, then.

Yup, that's who I think people need to yell at, not Ubisoft.

LocalYokul
06-14-2015, 02:49 AM
I can't figure out where the RS1 songs are being stored.

I managed to purchase a RS1 DLC today on Steam, but now I cannot figure out where the file went when it downloaded.

It is available in Learn A Song, but I have no idea where it is physically on my hard drive.

Some said the RS1 DLC reside in the compatibility file, but I've checked both the DLC & Disc compatibility files. Their dates were not updated today after I bought that RS1 DLC, that DLC is probably not embedded in either of those files.