PDA

View Full Version : Does the Aveline DLC spoil the story of Liberation?

ace3001
11-16-2013, 12:49 PM
I heard that the Aveline DLC happens after the main story of Liberation, so I'm wondering whether it may spoil the main story of Liberation in some way.

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to spend 20 USD more on the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition, and as the Aveline DLC is part of it, I'd like to know this, since I won't be playing Liberation until Liberation HD releases next January.

LoyalACFan
11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
No, it's got nothing to do with Liberation's story. However, it's also complete garbage (three short, crappy missions with no relevant story content) so it shouldn't affect your decision either way. You're not missing anything by skipping it.

However, if you're avoiding Liberation spoilers, I might suggest refraining from hacking computers in the present-day missions outside the Animus, as some of the secret files do spoil things about certain characters in Liberation.

JamJar502
11-16-2013, 11:07 PM
However, it's also complete garbage (three short, crappy missions with no relevant story content) .
Didn't Ubi say that it would be 60 minutes long? It took me about 15 minutes. Even the Benedict Arnold DLC was longer.

pacmanate
11-16-2013, 11:29 PM
No, it's got nothing to do with Liberation's story. However, it's also complete garbage (three short, crappy missions with no relevant story content) so it shouldn't affect your decision either way. You're not missing anything by skipping it.

However, if you're avoiding Liberation spoilers, I might suggest refraining from hacking computers in the present-day missions outside the Animus, as some of the secret files do spoil things about certain characters in Liberation.

I actually think I know what its about...

I think it's a hint to another game involving Connor, maybe even Aveline as well building the brotherhood together. They needed Patience for that artifact, I think there is more to that little story than you think.

JamJar502
11-16-2013, 11:42 PM
I actually think I know what its about...

I think it's a hint to another game involving Connor, maybe even Aveline as well building the brotherhood together. They needed Patience for that artifact, I think there is more to that little story than you think.

Your idea is pretty good. Potentially an AC game with GTA5 -esque character switching would be pretty good. Might make for an interesting take on stealth.

pacmanate
11-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Your idea is pretty good. Potentially an AC game with GTA5 -esque character switching would be pretty good. Might make for an interesting take on stealth.

Or..

or maybe just giving Aveline a full console game. Connor could be the mentor or something. It was set 5 years after Liberation so Connor would be in his 30's? Either way, the switching could be cool, but I think it would work best if Aveline had her own City(s) and so did Connor. Either way, I doubt they got Noah back JUST to do that small paragraph at the start. Which might I add was very good voice acting for the most part except for the part where he said "Post script", that was weird.