PDA

View Full Version : So guess what came in the mail this morning

robske1
11-16-2013, 03:49 AM
My Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag Back Chest PC edition. I was like what the? I wasn't expecting this till next week, but that was a surprise to say the least.

For those wondering, this game looks amazing on PC.

archav3n
11-16-2013, 05:03 AM
My Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag Back Chest PC edition. I was like what the? I wasn't expecting this till next week, but that was a surprise to say the least.

Retail? You can play the game already?

robske1
11-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Yep retail, bought it from the ubishop (preorder) ages ago, the release date on the website is still the 21st Nov here in Australia but yep playable and everything.

razmat2012
11-16-2013, 07:48 PM
ive seen retail games come early in local stores and such. not so much a pre ordered digital version though. maybe they are trying to estimate the shipping time so one can get it by release day , and it just moves through a little quicker in shipping.

airborneguy
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
How did you get this so early? This sucks lol!!!!

Bad213Boy
11-17-2013, 04:47 AM
You just got to know where to pre-order.

Erathiel
11-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Lucky! I still need to wait for my copy of Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag Back Chest PC edition, but as You get it faster in Australia then I should get package tomorrow here in Poland :)

Dag_B
11-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Me jelly.
I didn't even get the information mail that they shipped it, so no hope for me for tomorrow. ^^

Erathiel
11-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Me jelly.
I didn't even get the information mail that they shipped it, so no hope for me for tomorrow. ^^

I didn't get any email from them about shipped item too, but then I never get any email before (only package) so I'm not waiting for one.

rrebe
11-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I haven't received any shipping info about my Black Chest (PC) yet either :( Hopefully I can spend next weekend playing AC4 :o (this is my first time pre-ordering non-digital items from Uplay so I'm quite interested to see about the shipping..)

Dag_B
11-17-2013, 01:40 PM
I didn't get any email from them about shipped item too, but then I never get any email before (only package) so I'm not waiting for one.
Did you get one when the preorderbox were shipped?
I guess it might be different for different countries. I got a shipment info mail when the preorderbox were shipped so I expect one for the black chest edition too. ^^

Erathiel
11-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Did you get one when the preorderbox were shipped?
I guess it might be different for different countries. I got a shipment info mail when the preorderbox were shipped so I expect one for the black chest edition too. ^^

No, didn't get any, after I bought Black Chest edition from ubi shop two days later I had courier who bring preorderbox to me, that's all. So i didn't even knew they send it.

dova13
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Well, I am still waiting for my Buccaneer edition from GAME. They do say that I should receive my edition a day earlier than AC4 gets released in UK (21st instead of 22nd).

stregario
11-17-2013, 04:47 PM

WOW! Can you post some photos?

Painshadow
11-17-2013, 06:26 PM

Congrats! I'm not jealous. Really i'm not. :I

robske1
11-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I haven't received any shipping info about my Black Chest (PC) yet either :( Hopefully I can spend next weekend playing AC4 :o (this is my first time pre-ordering non-digital items from Uplay so I'm quite interested to see about the shipping..)

Well in my case I got an email saying it was dispatched on Thursday (which I didn't check my mail till after I got the package so I wasn't expecting it) and received it on Saturday, though they sent it thought the regular mail not courier or anything so I suppose its more how efficient your post man is :) But yeah, this was my first time purchasing from ubishop/uplay/ubishop (whatever lol) and overall it wasn't bad I'd say (and that not just because they sent it early for some reason hahaha). Hope it comes for you soon.

robske1
11-17-2013, 09:46 PM
WOW! Can you post some photos?

Yep, I'll post some screenshots this afternoon for ya.

For those wondering about performance and the like, I am running everything on the max setting which makes the game look amazing, however there is a few (I do mean few) frame rate drops, but I think that's because of the setting being so high, rather than optimization and its not enough of a drop to make me lower the settings (seems to be more in jungles than say the open sea or cities which I understand as the foliage is dense and renders nicely). I did have a few crashes particularly in the first sequence (more prelude really, i'm talking like the first 5 minutes) but was able to just kill the application and restart no problem, since then it hasn't crashed so it might have been more environmental than code issue. So I wouldn't read into it and see what you get.

My specs are:
i7 (2nd Gen) 3.1Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 680 OC
SSD
Windows 8.1

So far lads I've got to say, played all the assassins creed games (AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3 and now AC4) previously, I've always enjoyed AC2 the most, it was such a step forward for us in so many ways. With AC3 probably at the bottom of the list, not because it was bad but because it was disjointed in my opinion (although still 100% that game too) I would have to say AC4 is a contender for the top spot (I'll reserve judgement till the end of course).

rrebe
11-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Well in my case I got an email saying it was dispatched on Thursday (which I didn't check my mail till after I got the package so I wasn't expecting it) and received it on Saturday, though they sent it thought the regular mail not courier or anything so I suppose its more how efficient your post man is :) But yeah, this was my first time purchasing from ubishop/uplay/ubishop (whatever lol) and overall it wasn't bad I'd say (and that not just because they sent it early for some reason hahaha). Hope it comes for you soon.

Wow that's fast shipping, nice :D

For those wondering about performance and the like, I am running everything on the max setting which makes the game look amazing, however there is a few (I do mean few) frame rate drops, but I think that's because of the setting being so high, rather than optimization and its not enough of a drop to make me lower the settings (seems to be more in jungles than say the open sea or cities which I understand as the foliage is dense and renders nicely). I did have a few crashes particularly in the first sequence (more prelude really, i'm talking like the first 5 minutes) but was able to just kill the application and restart no problem, since then it hasn't crashed so it might have been more environmental than code issue. So I wouldn't read into it and see what you get.

My specs are:
i7 (2nd Gen) 3.1Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 680 OC
SSD
Windows 8.1

Sweet! Sounds awesome, can't wait! I really hope I can run it in max settings too :o (I have played AC3 with max settings)

Skorpys
11-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Right now I just hope that mine will get here in time. I got a tracking number for the pre-order pack, but nothing so far for the Black Chest - and considering it has to be sent to Norway, I am starting to get a bit worried...ah well, it will come when it comes. I just hope that my order hasn't gone wrong, since it still says that my order is being processed (but I did get the pre-order pack()

Erathiel
11-17-2013, 10:55 PM
i hope that I will receive it before 21th November as i choose express courier (if i remember correct) and will get it without delay or without any problems.

But sadly still don't have any tracking number or anything ...

Damo_kb8
11-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Did you get any extra DLC in the box? Or just the stuff advertised?

Dag_B
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Are you sure they are not shipping from Norway to Norway, via a local partner?
For Germany they have a local partner here that sends these things, so it's completely national shippment.

How long did it take until you had your preorderpack?

Lexxbomb
11-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Fellow Australian here... still waiting on my copy...Got email on Thursday from Smart Freight saying "Your goods have just been despatched from REGENCY MEDIA PTY LTD" gave a tracking link but link only says "Packed"...no movement over the whole weekend... Glad your came quickly... Heck Im still waiting for the money to be taken from my credit card for the final purchase...Getting a little worried as the payment is meant to be made when the item ships. maybe its because Im in South Australia not NSW

Skorpys
11-17-2013, 11:22 PM
I took a couple of days, and according to Ubisoft's own shipping info, it takes 4-5 days with standard shipping, 2 days with express; however, the place it's sent to, normally takes one or two days extra because it's not a city :)

EDIT:

I just checked, and it took 7 days from the tracking number was created till it arrived.

airborneguy
11-18-2013, 01:11 AM
Question, I ordered mine from via uplay. Will I get the digital copy or the hard copy?

edfarst
11-18-2013, 01:28 AM
the people who preorder digital on uplay really get screwed. there's not even a preload!

Skorpys
11-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Well, the recent updates to Uplay state that the updates have, among other things, been to prepare for the release of BF, so I am guessing it will become available approximately 24hrs before. However, this is only a guess, I am not an employee or in any other way affiliated with Ubisoft, so I do not know, only guess.

robske1
11-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Did you get any extra DLC in the box? Or just the stuff advertised?

I did get DLC but its only the stuff that was included in the Black Chest edition, if your asking did I get like some surprise DLC then no I didn't.

FYI guys keep this link handy if you got some DLC it'll help you find it in game (no spoilers in the link) https://support.ubi.com/en-us/faq.aspx?platformid=35&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebfgCAA

robske1
11-18-2013, 04:45 AM
Fellow Australian here... still waiting on my copy...Got email on Thursday from Smart Freight saying "Your goods have just been despatched from REGENCY MEDIA PTY LTD" gave a tracking link but link only says "Packed"...no movement over the whole weekend... Glad your came quickly... Heck Im still waiting for the money to be taken from my credit card for the final purchase...Getting a little worried as the payment is meant to be made when the item ships. maybe its because Im in South Australia not NSW

Always nice to meet a fellow Aussie assassin :)

I'm in Sydney NSW so maybe the dispatch is in NSW? I haven't checked. I'd love to tell you something about the dispatch process but because I wasn't following it (as I was unaware it was dispatched) I cant really say. I hope their online tracking system is slow and its waiting for you at home now :)

robske1
11-18-2013, 04:48 AM
Question, I ordered mine from via uplay. Will I get the digital copy or the hard copy?

It should say somewhere in you receipt or email that would've been sent to you. However, I'd imagine that if you went though Uplay it would be a digital edition, but they sell physical and digital on Uplay so its 50/50 really...might be worth submitting a support ticket to ubisoft and just ask.

Lexxbomb
11-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Just spoke someone at Ubisoft Support on the phone... (and even getting to talk to someone was a real challenge)...robske1 you must be incredibly lucky as I found out that mine is still in the warehouse waiting to be dispatched... apartantly a lot of people were sent the email and are now asking Ubisoft what is going on... so the rest of us are likely to receive ours on the 21st

robske1
11-18-2013, 07:26 AM
As promised here are some screenshots. I tried to get some variety going. This is with all PC settings maxed out.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2vd4n82.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/3462qaa.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/347fggw.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2vbx0dc.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/5jrzhe.jpg

strigoi1958
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
don't we get a mini map ?

robske1
11-18-2013, 07:44 AM
don't we get a mini map ?

I turned off the HUD for the screenshots. I like to play normally with just the mini map no SSI or health metre to make it a bit more challanging. In ACR you could get by without a minimal with the way eagle sence worked in that game but not in AC3 nor AC4 (and you don't want to bring up the main map all the time). Sorry for the confusion.

IdristheDragon
11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Those screenshots look amazing. The detail :eek:

I pre-ordered the Buccaneer edition from Game, but I haven't received an email to say it has been dispatched. I doubt i will get it early. I must confess to having played ACBF on the XBox, and it still looks reasonably good, but I find the pixelated shading a bit annoying. Can't wait to get it on the PC!

siberarmi
11-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Those are some great screenshots mate. I'm so jelly right now :)
Probably my copy will arive on 22-24 th, I hope maybe my provider sends them early like yours too... or a download code at least so I can play this weekend.

omniqix
11-18-2013, 10:13 AM
congrats, its a great game!

Skorpys
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
I just received a mail that it is sent from Ubisoft...well, it's been given a tracking order, but has yet to be picked up by UPS, but still! :D I am just happy that I will be getting my Chest of Bountiful Goodness (my own name)

Mr_Shade
11-18-2013, 01:56 PM
If you ordered on the Uplay PC client, it will be digital - if you ordered on line at www.uplay.com (http://www.uplay.com) - you would have had the choice of digital or retail (disc) - so depends what you ordered, so you should check your order confirmation email - or where you ordered will have an account history.

if you ordered in the Uplay client it will become available on the day of release, if you ordered online, you will get an email with the product code and download instructions for digital (on the day) or a delivery date for physical (shortly before release)

digital copy / emails for downloads can go live at any point on release day, so please do not panic if you don't get one at 12:01am on the day.

Painshadow
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Amazing pictures OP. That glorious AA! and the detail. Simply stunning :cool:

rrebe
11-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Just got the email today that my Black Chest is on its merry way :cool:

btw the water in those images looks amazing :o

Erathiel
11-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I wonder if someone from Poland get email about Black Chest Edition is on the way :)

Skorpys
11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Hmm, according to UPS, my Black Chest, sent from Germany, won't arrive until Monday 25th End of Day, so most likely only available to pick up on Tuesday 26th.... :(

Erathiel
11-19-2013, 08:10 AM
According to Ubisoft support my Black Chest wasn't even shipped to me and that it should be send in next couple or hours - wonder if I will receive it before 21th as they said yesterday.

PS. Just receive email so now just wait for package

Dag_B
11-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Mine was shipped today too, now I am happy, just a few more days. :)