PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag PC - optimization is the same as in AC3

ac4bftruth
11-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Do not buy this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Optimization is even worse than it was with ac3, to me it works all the time with average 20fps which is terrible. I'm not going to buy this game in any way, it probably contain a lot of nice things but they did the same mistake again: released crappiest console port ever done. My pc is able to handle crysis 3 maxed out with average 40fps but ac3 and ac4 run on it like ****.
Game utilizes cpu in fairly low amount and gpu utilization is jumpy, sometimes high, sometimes low but the game runs all the time the same, terrible.

Another ac game released, even more terribly ported, congratuiations ubisoft, you became the worst pc developer of the year!

P.S.
Testing was done with leaked version of the game so better crack/legit .exe file will work more stable (which will not affect on performance anyway), also there is no gpu driver optimized for black flag yet, the same for nvidia as for amd gpus, so driver updates may improve performance but by experience with ac3 i wouldn't count on it.

archav3n
11-16-2013, 04:57 AM
Do not buy this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Optimization is even worse than it was with ac3, to me it works all the time with average 20fps which is terrible. I'm not going to buy this game in any way, it probably contain a lot of nice things but they did the same mistake again: released crappiest console port ever done. My pc is able to handle crysis 3 maxed out with average 40fps but ac3 and ac4 run on it like ****.
Game utilizes cpu in fairly low amount and gpu utilization is jumpy, sometimes high, sometimes low but the game runs all the time the same, terrible.

Another ac game released, even more terribly ported, congratuiations ubisoft, you became the worst pc developer of the year!

P.S.
Testing was done with leaked version of the game so better crack/legit .exe file will work more stable (which will not affect on performance anyway), also there is no gpu driver optimized for black flag yet, the same for nvidia as for amd gpus, so driver updates may improve performance but by experience with ac3 i wouldn't count on it.

You did not buy the game yet still comment how bad the optimization is about? Please be ashamed of yourself. The game has yet to be released hence it's common sense that the cracked version has problems.

Please just go play your console if you know nothing about PC.

edfarst
11-16-2013, 05:51 AM
I played the game on Ps3 already and it runs badly on that. Framerate issues nearly ruin it. Makes me wonder which version got the most love.

brotherofmetal
11-16-2013, 06:19 AM
The game isn't out yet, so there's no way you can be complaining about "current" performance when there's nothing "current"

However, you should be asking questions on whether or not this company cares enough to not repeat the same problems they had with AC3. So far, my gut tells me they might. But even so, it's foolish to complain about something that isn't out yet.

Again, not foolish to ask whether or not their optimization is going to be abysmal at launch or not.

I played the game on Ps3 already and it runs badly on that. Framerate issues nearly ruin it. Makes me wonder which version got the most love.

That's pretty pathetic. Wow.

archav3n
11-16-2013, 06:25 AM

Is understandable considering PS3 is 8 years old hardware. To me, the true next-gen is PC. Well if PC is not your cup of tea, perhaps you can go for PS4? I heard PS4 is much more powerful than XBox One.

I may get a PS4 much later just for the exclusives which they may never release on PC though. What a shame such a platform monopolization to ensure their consoles get sales.

guardian_titan
11-16-2013, 09:00 AM
You state you have problems running AC4 (an illegal version at that which often are buggy) and yet fail to state your system specs. If you run below the recommended, then you should expect some issues. If you run below the minimum, then be shocked you can even run the game at all. Every part of your computer should be recommended or better. One piece is below it, then you'll have issues. I first played AC3 with a CPU that barely met the minimum requirements but my graphics card was well above recommended. I had FPS issues from time to time and had to run the game on low settings despite my graphic card being brand new. I upgraded my computer (except my video card since that was much newer) later and replayed AC3. No FPS issues and I ran everything on high. If you have old hardware, then you really can't complain about a game not running well. It's on you to upgrade and not on the company to continually support outdated technology.

Now, if you're running a brand new Alienware computer with all the bells and whistles and you still have issues, either it's still your computer, it's you, or there is something wrong with the game. I can't really comment on AC4 since I don't own it (yet), but I know it's the same engine as AC3 and likely not much different except for the shear amount of water. I don't see myself having issues running the game.

I'd highly recommend to defragment your hard drive, uninstall programs you're not using to free up drive space, and don't run a million programs in the background while the game's running. Every program you run takes up both memory and CPU power. Also try blowing any dust out of your computer and ensure it's properly ventilated. The speed of your hard drive may also factor into it. Installing the game on a 5400 or 5500 RPM drive will result in a slower load time than a 7200 or 10,000 RPM one. An SSD would result in even faster loading times and lead to fewer FPS issues. Hard drives are only intended to last about 5-7 years. If your drive is older, I'd recommend replacing it before it fails and you lose everything.

But given that you are running an illegal copy of the game, you really have no room to complain. Ubisoft can file a lawsuit against you for playing their game without purchasing it. But on the other end, would be nice if there were playable demos of the AC games so you know how well it'll run. Demos are becoming rarer and rarer it seems. Some people cite the non-existence of a playable demo being why they pirate games. Others are just cheap but that's another matter.

The game may not be officially released on PC yet, but some areas do have it for sale already. Happens with pretty much every big game and likely done as a ploy to get customers in the door and edge out their rivals. They release a game a few days before their rivals, you're more likely to buy it from them than another store. More money in their pocket. I've been playing games for over 20 years and this has been true pretty much the entire time. It's business. Any American can tell you the same holds true with Black Friday. Every year, it's earlier and earlier. Now it should just be called Black Thursday. Companies aren't even giving Thanksgiving a chance to be over before putting out the sales. :rolleyes: Then stores are putting out Christmas decorations before Halloween's even over. Some stores have them out in August! So yeah, stores will do what they can to bring in business even if it's irritating for others. :mad:

ac4bftruth
11-16-2013, 09:22 AM
I think you forgot situation with ac3.... So, you will remind it to yourselves when you will download/install and run your game, i'm gonna have a lot of fun of your posts full of complaints. Just remind yyourselves, before ac3 release nvidia posted benchmark results and these terrible results were not better when gamers installed the game after release, thousands of angry posts flooded forum here about low performance of the game, rining any bells?

You people are so brainwashed... Poor you....

SixKeys
11-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Personally I never had issues running AC3, so I'm not that worried. I do find it amusing though that you expect an illegal version of the game to run perfectly.

warp2125
11-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Im playing AC3 at the moment, cant say I have encountered any major issues and thats with a slightly dated graphics card.

BorisLeeHK
11-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I can't agree more with that. I am also getting bad fps in AC4. I can run BF4 with 30-40 on Ultra Settings, but in AC4, I get 20-30 fps. The optimization is bad in this game, or I should say, in all AC games.

Voyager456
11-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Calm down pirates from what i can see there is alerady 1.01 patch out and the game is not even released i think i saw something regarding cpu utilization
in the patch notes and yea there arent even proper drivers for it out yet so yea calm down and hope ubi didnt sc... up again.

strigoi1958
11-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I have a modest system but AC3 runs brilliantly on it so I have no concerns over running AC4 when I download it from uplay. If I worked for uplay I'd insert some code that shut down gpu fans and only have the fix in uplay... then when anyone complains that their gfx card burned out we'd know it was because it was an illegal copy.

MIGHTY399740
11-16-2013, 05:46 PM
You steal the game and then expect Ubi to love you? You steal the game and then ask for support? You, guys, are not so smart...
I'm sick of you! One day these guys will abandon this platform completely, if some gamers don't change their attitude. Is 50 euros that much for you? Wait for discounts then!
@ac4bftruth, you bought a PC that can run Crysis 3 on high/ultra/whatever and you can't afford to spend 50 euros on a game??? (I suppose you didn't pay for Crysis 3 neither, even though according to you, it was better optimized). Buy a console then!
My PC is not the most powerful, but AC3 ran very well on it, and I didn't have any problems with it.

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 06:08 PM
You steal the game and then expect Ubi to love you? You steal the game and then ask for support? You, guys, are not so smart...
Indeed.

If you have issues with legally purchased games - then Ubisoft will endeavour to support you and help.

Using illegally downloaded games for 'testing' and then posting they do not work as expected - on the official forums - is rather silly.

Locking thread.

Further posts about piracy and 'testing' will result in users being suspended.