PDA

View Full Version : Lets try to guess next week's DLC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

RedSoxFred
11-15-2013, 10:20 PM
From the AMA, it's supposed to be a big one...

I'm gonna guess Metallica

webpoxid
11-15-2013, 10:28 PM
What i want : muse pack or satriani pack what i think sh*t one like Weezer, Tokyo hotel or DLC tuned in D... ;)

diablo_50
11-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I'd guess there is no chance of a Zep, Who, CCR, LynSkyn or Budgie pack. My life would be complete if that happened.

"....We're all in the grip of a tyre fitter's hand, It's only doing me harm....."

tjdrico
11-15-2013, 10:44 PM
ABBA! It's got to be ABBA! Ain't no one bigger than ABBA, amirite?!!

diablo_50
11-15-2013, 10:48 PM

You seem to have mixed up RockSmith with TatSmith. You've watched too much X-Factor old bean. I sentence you to 1 week of listening to nothing but Planet Rock to put you back on the straight and narrow.:p

tjdrico
11-15-2013, 10:49 PM
:(

Well, I'm still hoping it's the QUO! (But will settle for Sex Pistols.) :D

diablo_50
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM
well they play both of those on Planet Rock so I guess I'll let you off - but lets be clear - A**A and The Wanted are naughty words in Rockdom;)

webpoxid
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM
AC/DC pack would be awesome btw

tjdrico
11-15-2013, 11:00 PM
well they play both of those on Planet Rock so I guess I'll let you off - but lets be clear - A**A and The Wanted are naughty words in Rockdom;)

Doesn't "pop rock" count then? :D

Tell you what would be awesome: The Macc Lads! Can't say they're not rock! \o/ OK, perhaps a little politically incorrect, but ey...

shihdo
11-15-2013, 11:01 PM
bit of a stretch but see what you think posted in thoughts of dlc (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808589-Random-Thought-on-11-19-DLC?p=9377488&viewfull=1#post9377488)

diablo_50
11-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I have an awful feeling the next band you are going to hope for is " PJ & Duncan......" back to Planet Rock for you.

Mind you I have to be careful, I've got quite a thing for "Good Times" on DLC at the moment, and surely it is a matter of time until we see Sister Sledge in the DLC. Can't deny the lass with braces had (has?) a great voice.

Beardownman
11-15-2013, 11:29 PM
I'd guess there is no chance of a Zep, Who, CCR, LynSkyn or Budgie pack. My life would be complete if that happened.

"....We're all in the grip of a tyre fitter's hand, It's only doing me harm....."

That would be good....not likely to happen though...ah..Budgie, saw them in the early 80's at the Cornwall Colliseum supporting Rainbow I think, hmmm Rainbow thats a good one. Or was it Saxon.

Great to have some Thin Lizzy though!

scypio42
11-15-2013, 11:33 PM
You seem to have mixed up RockSmith with TatSmith. You've watched too much X-Factor old bean. I sentence you to 1 week of listening to nothing but Planet Rock to put you back on the straight and narrow.:p

You know nothing about ABBA, do you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbo5omhfY0A

:D

bubka122
11-15-2013, 11:50 PM

I tweeted and got an answer for the swede on the Rocksmith team that he also thought there were to few swedish bands in RS. ABBA is the biggest band, even though I'd prefer something different. I sincerely think that the World's third largest music exporter and the Worlds biggest exporter of music per capita would have some more songs in RS. Many people would be surprised by the amount of swedes involved in music around the world, even though unfortunately we are largest in pop music.

CAVagrant
11-16-2013, 12:11 AM
"Epic Solo 5-Pack"

Stairway
Hotel California
Comfortably Numb
Wanted Dead or Alive
Highway Star

tjdrico
11-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Maybe it's not cool, but I really like disco, and ABBA. =) Maybe disco doesn't work that well with guitar (although Yngwie seemed to do OK), bit I'm more interested in the basslines anyway.

OK, so if not ABBA, how's about New Model Army? I think a trip to the song requester is on the cards...

MajorLeeHigh
11-16-2013, 01:46 AM
So far, each pack has had a song in the game already. They said it was something hard that they were proud to get in iirc, so....

White Zombie. (Doubt that was hard to get though haha)

Or Primus, just cause that would be awesome....

Led Zep would be my wild card pick.

Nirvana maybe as well.

Jack_Ripper1888
11-16-2013, 01:51 AM
I know what it won't be....

1. It will never be Led Zep...

"Led Zeppelin is a band everyone wants in their favourite music game. Jimmy Page has been vehemently opposed to the idea for a few reasons: He doesn’t want to hand the master tapes over. and he generally doesn’t like music games. Of course both those things are slightly “non issues” with Rocksmith, but nonetheless there has been no evidence that Jimmy will change his mind on this anytime soon."

2. Pink Floyd will never happen...

"While there has never been much open discussion on why exactly Pink Floyd hasn’t appeared in any video game yet, Nick Mason (drummer) wasn’t thrilled about the idea of their music being experienced through plastic guitars. Since 2009 there has been no sign of any progress being made on this. Also you’d have to imagine a pretty hefty price tag to lock in a song like Time or Comfortably Numb."

Both taken from http://theherofeed.com/5175/why-your-favourite-band-isnt-on-rocksmith/

Squidlech
11-16-2013, 01:51 AM
lol, If we get anything from Sweden, it had better not be ABBA.

Marauder359
11-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Why would a Lynyrd Skynyrd pack be unthinkable? They already have 2 songs in the game. Same with CCR, they're represented, so why wouldn't there be a chance for more?

I know what it won't be....

1. It will never be Led Zep...

"Led Zeppelin is a band everyone wants in their favourite music game. Jimmy Page has been vehemently opposed to the idea for a few reasons: He doesn’t want to hand the master tapes over. and he generally doesn’t like music games. Of course both those things are slightly “non issues” with Rocksmith, but nonetheless there has been no evidence that Jimmy will change his mind on this anytime soon."

2. Pink Floyd will never happen...

"While there has never been much open discussion on why exactly Pink Floyd hasn’t appeared in any video game yet, Nick Mason (drummer) wasn’t thrilled about the idea of their music being experienced through plastic guitars. Since 2009 there has been no sign of any progress being made on this. Also you’d have to imagine a pretty hefty price tag to lock in a song like Time or Comfortably Numb."

Both taken from http://theherofeed.com/5175/why-your-favourite-band-isnt-on-rocksmith/

Never say never, chum. They're not immortal. They will all die. And, while that will be unfortunate from a certain point of view, it will also free their catalogues up into the hands of their estates, children, etc... and, while the artists themselves might be more interested at this point in the integrity of their music than the money, their heirs are, quite likely, not... So, yes, today they are not really available. But the only constant is change.

"It had better not be..." Yeah, we're all shaking in our boots. I don't really want ABBA, but just like someone saying Oasis has nothing worthwhile, this too is just a really stupid thing to say given the history ABBA has. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Ubisoft would need to pay me a pretty hefty sum to even take any of the **** you just mentioned as being better. Your opinion is not the opinion... and setting it up as a "better not be" scenario is pretty juvenile.

xXNoScOp3zXx
11-16-2013, 12:42 PM
What about Black sabbath???

tjdrico
11-16-2013, 12:44 PM

How about Europe. Oh, no, wait... Rocksmith already has the only Europe song anyone knows or cares about. ;) The Hives? The Cardigans? Ooh, ooh, Roxette?

Erm.. Ace of Base?

Nah, when all is said and done, ABBA are the biggest band to come out of Sweden. :D Unless I'm missing someone, which is more than likely because as bubka says, there are loads of bands that emerge from there onto a wider stage; unlike, say Norway where it's only A-ha and Bobbysocks! O_o

OldDeadOne
11-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Norway has Pagan's Mind,which is an excellent progressive metal band for one.

Squidlech
11-16-2013, 06:45 PM
"It had better not be..." Yeah, we're all shaking in our boots. I don't really want ABBA, but just like someone saying Oasis has nothing worthwhile, this too is just a really stupid thing to say given the history ABBA has. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Ubisoft would need to pay me a pretty hefty sum to even take any of the **** you just mentioned as being better. Your opinion is not the opinion... and setting it up as a "better not be" scenario is pretty juvenile.

I don't get why you are so defensive. You presume that I'm dissing ABBA, and then proceed to call the bands I mentioned **** and say they couldn't pay to take their DLC. I'm juvenile? Really?

I didn't mean it to sound like I think ABBA sucks, or that Ubisoft would be idiots for releasing it. What I meant was that, if they tease something from Sweden, I and ever other metalhead would be heartbroken to find out that it's just ABBA. Sweden is legendary in the metal community.

I like ABBA too - settle down. I might even buy ABBA dlc, if it were the rights songs.

toymachinesh
11-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Somebody knockin' Opeth? Hold me back fam

Marauder359
11-17-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't get why you are so defensive. You presume that I'm dissing ABBA, and then proceed to call the bands I mentioned **** and say they couldn't pay to take their DLC. I'm juvenile? Really?

I didn't mean it to sound like I think ABBA sucks, or that Ubisoft would be idiots for releasing it. What I meant was that, if they tease something from Sweden, I and ever other metalhead would be heartbroken to find out that it's just ABBA. Sweden is legendary in the metal community.

I like ABBA too - settle down. I might even buy ABBA dlc, if it were the rights songs.

Just to be clear, they could pay me to take the DLC... ;)

muscular_tiger
11-17-2013, 02:03 AM
So it's probably arctic monkeys right? is that the general consensus?
If so, I don't care.
I mean, they're all right I guess. But they're kind of similar to the strokes and there are a lot of strokes songs already.

eevilways
11-17-2013, 02:56 AM
So it's probably arctic monkeys right? is that the general consensus?
If so, I don't care.
I mean, they're all right I guess. But they're kind of similar to the strokes and there are a lot of strokes songs already.

Highly doubt it's Arctic Monkeys with the comments talking about how happy they are to have gotten this one. While I enjoy playing R U Mine, I don't think they'd be getting hopes up to announce them.

bubka122
11-17-2013, 03:09 AM
Highly doubt it's Arctic Monkeys with the comments talking about how happy they are to have gotten this one. While I enjoy playing R U Mine, I don't think they'd be getting hopes up to announce them.

It's just my conspiratoric notion that Paul said on Twitter a month ago that he would make it his life mission to get; I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys. I really hope I got it right but there have not been any other notion in that direction. On another note, Mark Webber lives in Buckinghamshire were Ozzy Osbourne has one of his mansions..

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM
At this point I have zero clue of what it is.

Snake3169
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm just guessin' its going to be on a on disc band already.

Marauder359
11-17-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm just guessin' its going to be on a on disc band already.

But would that make sense? Having an artist on disc makes getting their music, well, easier, doesn't it? As such, would it qualify for a "yes, we got it" sort of moment? If it is, I think there's more to it than it simply being a good band... for instance, Green Day is on disc, but only with their new material... is that because of their classic material being sewn up into exclusivity by Rock Band's Green Day game? Perhaps... and if that contractual exclusivity has now expired and classic Green Day became available? That'd be a "yes, we got it" for me... much else? I can't think of another on disc artist scenario that would similarly work... So, if it's not something like that, I'd think it would have to be someone new... otherwise the diction just doesn't make sense.

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 05:07 PM
LIkely:

Green Day - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Webb directed a bunch of Green Day music videos | someone on the comments for my website claims Green Day was confirmed via a Japanese stream (http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rumour-oasis-headed-to-rocksmith-2014-next-week/comment-page-1/#comment-9798), I paid to watch it ($5.00) and while they showed B'z there was no mention or anything shown related to Green Day, however I don't know Japanese so they could have said it.

Arctic Monkeys - Paul is really into them, he'd be happy they got "Bet You Look Good on The Dance Floor"

Unlikely:

Radiohead - Mark Webber is the guitarist from Pulp, which also had Jarvis Cocker in it (Angelllaaaaa) Cocker was involved in a number of one-offs and side projects, including the group Relaxed Muscle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relaxed_Muscle) with Jason Buckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Buckle) and the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire_(film)) where he fronted a group which included Steve Mackey and members of Radiohead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead).

A Radiohead 5 Pack would be a HUGE deal, Rocksmith is actually the first music game to have 3 playable Radiohead songs available.

U2: The F1 Racer is a fan of U2, is it possible that somehow Ubisoft licensed U2's music but were unable to do it in time for the on disc setlist?

I'm being told it's a "HUGE" band, so I don't think Arctic Monkeys are fit that description. I've never looked more forward to a Monday lol.

KinchBlade
11-17-2013, 05:38 PM
One must assume given that it's the same day as Bandfuse, and that having already released Iron Maiden which would have been a big thunder-thief, that it's something major.
My verrrrrrrry weak bet, based on the law of maximum perversity, is Guns n Roses :D

armoury_R1
11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
My verrrrrrrry weak bet, based on the law of maximum perversity, is Guns n Roses :D

We can only hope! That would certainly rain on Bandfuse's parade. But it is certainly something I can see Axl being a party to.

daddy_felix
11-17-2013, 06:01 PM
On another note, Mark Webber lives in Buckinghamshire were Ozzy Osbourne has one of his mansions..

Black Sabbath - like :)

thoman23
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM
But would that make sense? Having an artist on disc makes getting their music, well, easier, doesn't it? As such, would it qualify for a "yes, we got it" sort of moment? If it is, I think there's more to it than it simply being a good band... for instance, Green Day is on disc, but only with their new material... is that because of their classic material being sewn up into exclusivity by Rock Band's Green Day game? Perhaps... and if that contractual exclusivity has now expired and classic Green Day became available? That'd be a "yes, we got it" for me... much else? I can't think of another on disc artist scenario that would similarly work... So, if it's not something like that, I'd think it would have to be someone new... otherwise the diction just doesn't make sense.

Well, the original question was "What's the biggest 'YES WE GOT IT!' song you managed to get on-disc for 2014?" And Paul answered that by referring to the upcoming DLC. I interpreted that to mean this week's DLC would be a pack from the artist that they were most excited to originally get on-disc.

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 06:17 PM
https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/402122799986143232

It's not AC/DC but I could have told you that...

"nope. A touch more modern. Still something you'd be silly to miss tho!"

ghmorello
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
Now it's down to Arctic Monkeys and Green Day. U Mad AC/DC fans?

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 06:21 PM
It could be U2 or Radiohead as well, it's not likely but yeah.

CrazedRacer
11-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Now it's down to Arctic Monkeys and Green Day. U Mad AC/DC fans?

Well, if Elliott is right (and he, many times, is) and it's a HUGE band, I hardly think Arctic Monkeys qualifies as huge.

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Green Day seems like the most likely band now, the F1 connection about "Hitchin' A Ride" is so weak though.

edit: https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/402126810017583104

"don't let the lack of AC/DC bring you down."

Is Paul parodying a lyric?

ghmorello
11-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Green Day seems like the most likely band now, the F1 connection about "Hitchin' A Ride" is so weak though.

edit: https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/402126810017583104

"don't let the lack of AC/DC bring you down."

Is Paul parodying a lyric?

What lyric is he parodying?

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/jVqaVQC.gif

thoman23
11-17-2013, 07:07 PM

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/greenday/basketcase.html

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTGr5t3MoY

fatherrock
11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Looks like green day.

I wouldn't call it the biggest band they have on board :-/

Oh well, I pass....will pick up B'z though

toymachinesh
11-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Looks like green day.

I wouldn't call it the biggest band they have on board :-/

Oh well, I pass....will pick up B'z though

Sometimes I feel like you half read things. They never said that.

ghmorello
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Please let it be Green Day. I say that's a big f**king band.

muscular_tiger
11-17-2013, 07:33 PM
They should change the name to Rocksmith 1990's edition.

CaliCasey
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Green Day is a huge band. It's been quite the roller coaster weekend for me, from Oasis to AC/DC, to INXS and the Arctic Monkeys, finally landing on Green Day. All great bands that I love.

We shall see!

CrazedRacer
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
I'd be pretty excited about Green Day. It'll be the first DLC that I'll buy some of...

LvlNinety9
11-17-2013, 08:03 PM
So Paul just said on Twitter that they are making their Rocksmith debut for DLC. That makes me think it is going to be an on disc artist which points more towards Green Day.

PTrash13
11-17-2013, 08:17 PM
They should change the name to Rocksmith 1990's edition.

It would be really cool if they changed the name to Rocksmith 1960's edition. Now we're talk'in.

elemenohpenc
11-17-2013, 08:17 PM
fingers crossed that they stick to dookie, insomniac and nimrod for dlc.

i absolutely hated american idiot (really anything warning or later) but, i have a feeling we'll see 2/5 songs from that record.

ceestewart
11-17-2013, 09:10 PM
They should add in Mother Mary from the Foxboro Hot Tub side project. Love that song.

berad88
11-17-2013, 09:28 PM

I actually think the reason why bands like Green Day have new music on disk is because they may of made a deal with Rocksmith to put the new music on disk to help try to encourage people to go out and buy the new album in order to give Rocksmith access to the older stuff. Take Alice in Chains for example. They have a new song on disk and just released DLC with new and old so I think trying to get album sales on the newer stuff may of been part of the idea since they seem very much like they want to push the new stuff while I would think the people at Rocksmith would be trying to go after the old stuff since there are so many great songs that are well known on their older albums.

Or Rocksmith may of put the new stuff on disk because they know that tons of people will be very willing to pay for the older stuff as DLC.

Or it might just come down to contracts and exclusivity.

LvlNinety9
11-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Honestly I'd be ok with Green Day DLC. Do I think it will take away the hype away from the Bandfuse release? No. But I think it will be a pretty decent week for DLC.

shihdo
11-17-2013, 09:54 PM
E.L.O.
now that would be great.....doubtful though.

Thinking about it it links well...... AC/DC = electricity..........Electric Light Orchestra...... Dont bring me down

culo_grasso
11-17-2013, 10:22 PM
fingers crossed that they stick to dookie, insomniac and nimrod for dlc.

i absolutely hated american idiot (really anything warning or later) but, i have a feeling we'll see 2/5 songs from that record.

I second this. I can think of more than 5 songs I'd love to buy. I wouldn't want anything after nimrod.

ghmorello
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Prediction:

Basket Case
Wake Me Up When September Ends
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
21 Guns
Warning

Need to pick songs that would not require that much censorship.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Hitchin' A Ride is also being hinted at so we can assume there are only three unrevealed songs. Also censorship doesn't matter.

LvlNinety9
11-18-2013, 01:08 AM
So Nao posted up a pic of Steve Matchett and David Hobbs. Hobbs is associated with F1 racing and Matchett is a mechanic. Thoughts and ideas?

Doogal73
11-18-2013, 01:43 AM
Could it be Muse? They played the recent Abu Dhabi post race event and Mark Webber placed third in it (lol weak reference, but still...). A Muse DLC is pretty long overdue and I'd say they are pretty damn big.

edit - woops, was looking at the wrong results (not a F1 fan.. ). Looks like Mark Webber actually won it? So, thats a much stronger connection.

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2013/910/7280/

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Nao and Paul are both in Austin for the big race so don't take their photos as hints... Pretty sure it's Green Day

RokDog007
11-18-2013, 01:47 AM
if it is Green Bay or whoever this weeks DLC $$$ will be going towards BandFuse

:rolleyes:

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 01:51 AM
Pretty sure BandFuse isn't $12

rurbaniak
11-18-2013, 01:53 AM

Green Bay got their butts kicked by NYG this week, won't be them. ;)

Doogal73
11-18-2013, 01:53 AM
There was a DLC convo going on on Paul Cross's twitter and someone mentioned Muse. His reply was "yeah, muse dlc, cause that's likely to happen...". Reads a bit sarcastic to me though.

Grumble Volcano
11-18-2013, 02:04 AM
There was a DLC convo going on on Paul Cross's twitter and someone mentioned Muse. His reply was "yeah, muse dlc, cause that's likely to happen...". Reads a bit sarcastic to me though.

I don't actually think so, he's probably aware of the Rock Band situation which is that Hysteria was released as DLC in May 2008 and that was it even though DLC went on for a further 5 years.

RokDog007
11-18-2013, 02:06 AM
Pretty sure BandFuse isn't $12

that's why I said "towards"

Doogal73
11-18-2013, 02:21 AM
I don't actually think so, he's probably aware of the Rock Band situation which is that Hysteria was released as DLC in May 2008 and that was it even though DLC went on for a further 5 years.

Well, that would put it in the 'can't believe we got them' category ;) . Either way, Green Day or Muse I'll be happy though.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 02:23 AM
that's why I said "towards"

Sorry, I must have stopped reading after your attempt at diminishing their 26 year successful music career.

CrazedRacer
11-18-2013, 02:26 AM
I'll definitely pick up a few songs his week. Maybe not the 5 pack... not THAT big of a fan, but there are plenty of songs of theirs that I like, so a couple are bound to hit as DLC.

I'm actually excited to pick up BF on Tuesday, too - assuming I can find it...

RokDog007
11-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Sorry, I must have stopped reading after your attempt at diminishing their 26 year successful music career.

apology accepted

LvlNinety9
11-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I'll definitely pick up a few songs his week. Maybe not the 5 pack... not THAT big of a fan, but there are plenty of songs of theirs that I like, so a couple are bound to hit as DLC.

I'm actually excited to pick up BF on Tuesday, too - assuming I can find it...

I'm with you on this boat. I actually have it pre ordered so I don't have to hunt for a copy of it. Just go accross the street behind my house and it's all mine.

CrazedRacer
11-18-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm with you on this boat. I actually have it pre ordered so I don't have to hunt for a copy of it. Just go accross the street behind my house and it's all mine.

I figure as a last resort, Gamestop will have a copy. I always like to deal hunt a little, if I can. I wasn't too worried about the strings - I have 23 sets of strings in my guitar box - and 4 sets of the neon strings that'll never get used. I really want to see the DLC list for Day 1. If it's exceptional, I'll be more likely to go to GS and just buy the damn thing, If it's just OK, I can wait a couple of days, if need be.

Marauder359
11-18-2013, 03:06 AM

That's what I thought with Rocksmith, too............................................... .........

Bluesman25
11-18-2013, 05:52 AM
I must have missed something. What exactly are the hints that make people think that it's Green Day? Can someone compile all the hints into one post please? Thanks.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 05:58 AM
I must have missed something. What exactly are the hints that make people think that it's Green Day? Can someone compile all the hints into one post please? Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/xhPcU0u.png

Lyrics from Basket Case

---

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2429192/Mark-Webber-reprimanded-hitching-ride-Fernando-Alonso-serve-place-grid-penalty.html

Hitchin' A Ride is a Green Day song

---

https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/402244094472097793

Green Day plays with an orchestra sometimes such as (Time of Your Life) Good Riddance

Bluesman25
11-18-2013, 06:02 AM
Thanks. I see now. Green Day is ok, but it's more of the same in Rocksmith. Can we get some more blues soon? The blues is really under represented in this game.

shihdo
11-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Again it seems "Big" is a regional opinion, only 2 UK hit albums and surprisingly no #1 singles (when sept ends seemed to be around forever) according to wiki, well over 60% of their record and album sales came from USA, with the rest of the sales divided around the rest of the world.

I seem to remember their reception being a bit jaded in the UK as they came over calling themselves punk while the UK had other ides of what Punk was (john lydon got a bit vocal on that one lol)

Also although there is no denying large sales of the music there are relatively few #1 singles to show for it....... not a bad group IMO but would have expected "big" to have been a bit "Bigger"

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Saying Green Day isn't a "big" band internationally is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this forum.

daddy_felix
11-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Again it seems "Big" is a regional opinion,

nothing new. Rocksmith has always had a strong focus on the us-american market.

There was a thread in this forum with a "songs by country"-counting. A huge majority is from usa.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 10:21 AM
on disc songs by country*

KinchBlade
11-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Again it seems "Big" is a regional opinion, only 2 UK hit albums and surprisingly no #1 singles (when sept ends seemed to be around forever) according to wiki, well over 60% of their record and album sales came from USA, with the rest of the sales divided around the rest of the world.

I seem to remember their reception being a bit jaded in the UK as they came over calling themselves punk while the UK had other ides of what Punk was (john lydon got a bit vocal on that one lol)

Also although there is no denying large sales of the music there are relatively few #1 singles to show for it....... not a bad group IMO but would have expected "big" to have been a bit "Bigger"

Big? I saw them by accident (I didn't know who they were) in 1991 in a (now demolished) dingy backstreet pub in Dublin.
There were about 50 people there and they played on a tiny stage about 12 inches off the ground lol.
Have no recollection of the gig itself though other than they weren't my cup of tea at the time. I'll buy the DLC though because I bet it'll be fun to play.
I think getting freaked out by what bands do /don't make it as DLC is a waste of valuable mental energy. If RS last long enough everything will be DLC eventually :D

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFR415aV_fA

was it like this Kinch?

KinchBlade
11-18-2013, 10:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFR415aV_fA

was it like this Kinch?

Lol - probably. Memory is very unreliable since my mood may have been elevated at the time, but my memory is that there were a lot less people at the gig in Dublin.
The funny thing is I never connected *that* Green day to *the* Green Day until recently and then I went back and checked it their gig archive and realised it was tthe one and only.

shihdo
11-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Saying Green Day isn't a "big" band internationally is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on this forum.

pleased to have made your top ten:p

RokDog007
11-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Billie Joe's done enough to diminish his own music career
do a youtube search for his Iheart meltdown as it can't be posted here do to language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRenom4vRgE

at least he was forced into treatment to do battle with his addictions

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s851x315/1460122_10151865769319565_1953311688_n.jpg

Doogal73
11-18-2013, 01:11 PM
That's the first time I've ever seen that clip of the iheart radio tirade. I just became a much bigger green day fan lol. That was a thing of beauty.

GuitarZenTen
11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Big? I saw them by accident (I didn't know who they were) in 1991 in a (now demolished) dingy backstreet pub in Dublin.
There were about 50 people there and they played on a tiny stage about 12 inches off the ground lol.

Not a rabid Green Day fan, but it's a strange logic you have going on there if you think a band can't be considered big now if they started small. Did all the bands you consider 'big' go straight to the stadium circuit? If anything I respect Green Day more knowing they started out on the pub circuit like a real band; as opposed to some record execs pet project created band.

KinchBlade
11-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Not a rabid Green Day fan, but it's a strange logic you have going on there if you think a band can't be considered big now if they started small. Did all the bands you consider 'big' go straight to the stadium circuit? If anything I respect Green Day more knowing they started out on the pub circuit like a real band; as opposed to some record execs pet project created band.

There is no logic because there is no argument. I was simply recounting an anecdote. I just put the "Big?" part in as a connector.

RokDog007
11-18-2013, 01:19 PM
That's the first time I've ever seen that clip of the iheart radio tirade. I just became a much bigger green day fan lol. That was a thing of beauty.

its epic!.....better than any Kanye B.S.

GuitarZenTen
11-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Yeah that was pretty funny, and the crowd seemed to like it, but I weep the tears of the ever-skint guitarist, to see a double cut Les Paul Jnr in TV yellow get trashed like that.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Billie Joe's done enough to diminish his own music career
do a youtube search for his Iheart meltdown as it can't be posted here do to language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRenom4vRgE

at least he was forced into treatment to do battle with his addictions

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s851x315/1460122_10151865769319565_1953311688_n.jpg

If anything it was a successful publicity stunt.

GuitarZenTen
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM
There is no logic because there is no argument. I was simply recounting an anecdote. I just put the "Big?" part in as a connector.

Question mark makes it a question, the anecdote that follows directly after makes it seem like it's a question in doubt. The lol at the end doesn't help. No worries though, no harm, no foul as they say.

sh1kamaru-
11-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Paul explicitly said it was not U2, I’m a bit bummed. In comparison, Green Day does not look that huge from here either. Knowing that there was a Green Day Rock Band, that some songs got pro-upgrades later, I don’t think they’re _that_ big, nor would it be the thing you would say “Yes we got it”.

I wish it was Electric Light Orchestra, but Paul said it wasn’t either :/

armoury_R1
11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Not a fan either, and I wouldn't have thought them worthy of all the hype that was surrounding this week's DLC. But I suppose being able to score a band that had an entire RB disc/game devoted to them does sort-of count as a "Yes we got them!" from the RS dev's point of view -- presumably said band was indeed big enough to warrant a dedicated release (I'm curious as to what sales of RB:GD were like, and how they stacked up against The Beatles), and also there weren't any exclusivity issues: either it has expired, or Harmonix were prepared to waive them.

tjdrico
11-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm curious as to what sales of RB:GD were like, and how they stacked up against The Beatles

Green Day: 1.05 million - http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Green+Day%3A+Rock+Band
Beatles: 3.98 million - http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=The+Beatles%3A+Rock+Band

(Assuming the figures are accurate, of course.)

Thedanband
11-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Lady Gaga is bigger than Green Day... Why not Lady Gaga instead of Green Day? Lady Gaga is going to sell like cakes and there be plenty of money to get The Doors, AC DC and The Eagles.

Doogal73
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
lol, seen this exact same post from you like a dozen times. And it gets the same response every time. Are you not reading them?

dm_gsxr
11-18-2013, 03:32 PM
lol, seen this exact same post from you like a dozen times. And it gets the same response every time. Are you not reading them?

There seem to be a lot of folks who just drive by post. So he's probably not reading replies :)

Carl

ghmorello
11-18-2013, 03:49 PM

"Green Bay"

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii266/optimusnarwhal/2551170479_8be6cac1d7.jpg

Marauder359
11-18-2013, 03:52 PM
They've sold over 50,000,000 records. What constitutes a big band for some of you people?

Gold_Jim
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xhPcU0u.png

Lyrics from Basket Case

---

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2429192/Mark-Webber-reprimanded-hitching-ride-Fernando-Alonso-serve-place-grid-penalty.html

Hitchin' A Ride is a Green Day song

---

https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/402244094472097793

Green Day plays with an orchestra sometimes such as (Time of Your Life) Good Riddance

My purchase went from definitely to no way. I play one (1) Green Day song in my current band (Basket Case), and I prefer Canadian Idiot by Weird Al to American Idiot. At least I get to save a few $$'s for day one DLC in BF. What a big disappointment for this player. I'm not saying that Green Day was awful or any of that. If you're looking to move from chord to chord in a sloppy manner very quickly, Green Day is your band. Single note stuff - not so much. Unless RS does another one of their "let's transpose something that's not guitar" parts, there's nothing to play for the lead guitarist at all. What I can't believe (if this is the band) is that they can't believe they landed these guys. The minute I saw those lyrics, my heart sank. Well, the upside is that I'll get more time to play BF this week. :D

shihdo
11-18-2013, 04:09 PM
They've sold over 50,000,000 records. What constitutes a big band for some of you people?

Take your pick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists_in_the_United_States Green Day = 88th

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Gold_Jim
11-18-2013, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_TfBbR6L0M

elemenohpenc
11-18-2013, 05:25 PM
What I can't believe (if this is the band) is that they can't believe they landed these guys.

it's because of their exclusivity deal they had with Rock Band. not because they think they're good or anything.

Gold_Jim
11-18-2013, 05:39 PM
it's because of their exclusivity deal they had with Rock Band. not because they think they're good or anything.

It's just a let down to me personally. There was a period in the 90's, started mostly by Nirvana, where playing a guitar solo was 'uncool'. Even Metallica rode this wave on an album in the 2000's, and they got grief for it as recently as last year's interview on That Metal Show. All that said, I'm cool with it. I don't care what the DLC is. Either I will like it or I won't, and the same goes for every single person in these threads.

It disheartened me a bit to have people say, "AC/DC's stuff all sounds the same" and then praising Green Day. I learned the entire Dookie album in 2001 because we covered a lot of it in a band and because it was easy to learn all of the songs. To me, they all sounded the same, and that come from someone who had to sit down, learn all the parts and distinguish his guitar parts in the mix. There have been plenty of bands in the past where I said, "Yuk", but when I had to sit down and analyze the music, I got a new respect for what they did. AC/DC was one of those bands. I used to just think, "OK, they're easy", but then I had to play it, and I was shocked at how intricate their syncopation was and how Angus played lyrical lines that weaved in and out of the melody the same as if he was singing the parts. Even if Angus stuck to pentatonic lines, which he did not, he still has a lot to say for a guy who never changes the type of guitar he uses and plays his amp at the same setting all night with no effects pedals.

All that said, Green Day wasn't popular because their guitar work was great. Their lyrics sent a message. You can't argue that American Idiot was a brilliant album with a message of just how messed up we've become. South Park is a cartoon with an incredible message every week that goes way past the fart jokes and the bleeped words. It speaks to the American culture as well, but no one is sitting in a class studying their drawing techniques.

fatherrock
11-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Well, this is the nature of things.

Some will consider Green Day to be the biggest thing to hit RS...some will consider it to be a big disappointment.
Even if they came out with a 5 pack of the Beatles greatest hits...a few folks would say EWWW
can't be helped......SO

If your disappointed (I am as well) we need to get over it.
There will be something new next week.
If you feel a need to express displeasure...vote with your wallet...don't buy it.

hmmm I wonder what will be next week ?

woby73
11-18-2013, 06:17 PM
At the rate this thread is going it looks like it will be as big as the nickleback thread! I hope that RS doesn't keep releasing bands already on disk, from an instructional point of view variety will push us as players further along

Sleeveen InaFog
11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
At the rate this thread is going it looks like it will be as big as the nickleback thread! I hope that RS doesn't keep releasing bands already on disk, from an instructional point of view variety will push us as players further along

I'm guessing most of the DLC will be from bands already on the game. I'm not an expert on licencing music but I'd think it would be good business (read: cheaper) to get a handful from a single artist rather than single songs. I personally don't mind them doing that either. More songs means more to learn, no matter who the artist is.

eevilways
11-18-2013, 07:07 PM

If I had to guess after these first releases is that Ubisoft had a bit of a plan coming into this one. Put as many artists on disk that they can fit and give each 1 song. Then for DLC's for a long time be able to add songs by those artists each week. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more from the bands that are on disk before we see new ones.

Doesn't bother me too much at least since this one came with more bands I enjoy at least and a lot of songs by them I'd love to play.

berad88
11-18-2013, 07:34 PM
I actually would like them to announce some DLC that I don't like. How am I supposed to learn any songs if I keep buying new ones?! lol

dm_gsxr
11-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I actually would like them to announce some DLC that I don't like. How am I supposed to learn any songs if I keep buying new ones?! lol

Pretty much this :) The only one I wouldn't actually try would be RatM. Everything else I'll buy and see what I can learn.

Carl

LvlNinety9
11-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Still no official hint? Someone usually has something by now.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Was surprised there was no Spanish leak this morning

LvlNinety9
11-18-2013, 08:44 PM
Was surprised there was no Spanish leak this morning

As am I.

futile67
11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
The hint is up right now, but I still don't know what it is.

LvlNinety9
11-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Green Day confirmed. Just popped up on Facebook.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 08:47 PM
https://twitter.com/Rocksmithgame/status/402523072760012800/photo/1

LvlNinety9
11-18-2013, 08:47 PM
The hint is up right now, but I still don't know what it is.

It's Green Day and only a 3 song pack.

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_62304/green-day/albumcovers

Scroll down and you'll see the image.

futile67
11-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Yep, I found it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Green_Day_-_Warning_single_cover.jpg

Alfred Prufrock
11-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Well, Green Day could be cool if it's some of their older stuff. Like Basket Case or Longview.

To be honest, I'm starting to wish that they'd just do some 3-5 song packs with various artists in them. Like a classic rock pack or whatever.

mesabassman
11-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Definite pass for me. :(

elemenohpenc
11-18-2013, 08:57 PM
looks like it'll be basket case (lyric clue), hitchin' a ride (f1 clue) and warning (this clue)

PANICATTACK10
11-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Well, Green Day could be cool if it's some of their older stuff. Like Basket Case or Longview.

To be honest, I'm starting to wish that they'd just do some 3-5 song packs with various artists in them. Like a classic rock pack or whatever.

i agree we need more classic rock. groups like deep purple lynard skynard extra. yeah we have these groups but not enought tracks. also would like to see canadian bands like prism trooper alana myles extra.

C.Linton
11-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Definite pass for me. :(

As it is for me with any band whose work I'm not all that familiar with, I'll give the song samples in the shop a listen first and then decide. I'm so glad they decided to do that, makes it easier to decide on my DLC purchases.

extendedsolo
11-18-2013, 09:56 PM
I'll probably buy Basket Case as a single download at some point. I really can't complain since I'll end up buying most of the already released DLC.

AssassinDeity
11-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Japanese dlc may probably be coming this week also because it was said that it would come every two weeks

hamster3rs
11-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Basket Case is a must buy, I'll probably end up getting all 3. I'd change Warning for Minority, Brain Stew/ Jaded, Longview, Welcome to Paradise or Time of Your Life.

guitarman529
11-18-2013, 10:49 PM
If it is Warning I might get that one other then that I will probably wait for now as long the freezing patch is coming.

toymachinesh
11-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Japanese dlc may probably be coming this week also because it was said that it would come every two weeks

Yeah and b'z will be quite challenging

Thedanband
11-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Yeah and b'z will be quite challenging

Just because Naruto is a famous anime they want to sell us Jp songs?

ceestewart
11-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Just because Naruto is a famous anime they want to sell us Jp songs?

I don't follow your logic, which is good because I don't think I'd like it.

toymachinesh
11-19-2013, 01:44 AM
I don't follow your logic, which is good because I don't think I'd like it.

I'm just going to ignore his posts, they don't seem to be contributing anything of value

armoury_R1
11-19-2013, 03:04 AM
It disheartened me a bit to have people say, "AC/DC's stuff all sounds the same" and then praising Green Day. I learned the entire Dookie album in 2001 because we covered a lot of it in a band and because it was easy to learn all of the songs. To me, they all sounded the same, and that come from someone who had to sit down, learn all the parts and distinguish his guitar parts in the mix. There have been plenty of bands in the past where I said, "Yuk", but when I had to sit down and analyze the music, I got a new respect for what they did. AC/DC was one of those bands. I used to just think, "OK, they're easy", but then I had to play it, and I was shocked at how intricate their syncopation was and how Angus played lyrical lines that weaved in and out of the melody the same as if he was singing the parts. Even if Angus stuck to pentatonic lines, which he did not, he still has a lot to say for a guy who never changes the type of guitar he uses and plays his amp at the same setting all night with no effects pedals.

Have to agree. I only started listening to AC/DC very recently, i.e. maybe two years ago -- which counts as recent for me since I'm in my 40s. I was surprised by how deceptively simple it seemed -- it seemed simplistic, but it wasn't. And despite sticking to similar chord structures, the songs had a great deal of variety in them.

LvlNinety9
11-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Well Warning is not one of the Green Day songs being released.

ghmorello
11-19-2013, 04:44 AM
Green Day Pack:

American Idiot
Basket Case
Oh Love

Fa**ot is uncensored.

elemenohpenc
11-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Green Day Pack:

American Idiot
Basket Case
Oh Love

Fa**ot is uncensored.

:(

i was more pumped about hitchin' a ride than the other tunes i predicted.

berad88
11-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Terrible song selection. Green Day is one of those bands to me where their songs are either good or bad and not really anything in between. I will get basket case. That's it.

ObscuredByCows
11-19-2013, 06:11 AM
I don't doubt these tracks may have been difficult to obtain which in the eyes of the negotiators could make it a big deal but for the most part that side of things is irrelevant to your average Joe who is going to hand over their hard earned for it and therefore it shouldn't be plugged based on how difficult it is to obtain. Its debatable where the source of the hype lies and whether the reason for my raised expectations were on the developers part or produced from within the masses but for me personally this is a big let down given the billing as a huge coup.

Its not that I might not like it as I will almost certainly buy it at some point, (next Steam sale :p) more the perceptions of what is and isn't a big deal. If this is considered a huge coup by the developers then my hopes for the future aren't overly high. Its fairly obvious to most that the likes of Hendrix, Led Zep, Beatles, Floyd, GnR are highly unlikely but then to a certain extent that is why they would deserve their status as such a big deal. The fact that Green Day have featured in a game previously negates their standing on these grounds despite any hardship in achieving the licensing this time around.

I worry that the developers are playing it safe and will never go for anything that actually should be considered huge. Granted from a business point of view that is only sensible or perhaps even realistic, nevertheless its hard to swallow that what they do actually get is being plugged as such when it really isn't. I do find it concerning that a large number of the tracks in BandFuse are in Rocksmith, also the place I work has music playing with cover versions of popular songs and at least 50% of these currently appear in Rocksmith as well. Its no coincidence in my mind and just emphasises that the tracks we get are easier and cheaper to obtain.

Greenbrick2
11-19-2013, 08:36 AM
It disheartened me a bit to have people say, "AC/DC's stuff all sounds the same" and then praising Green Day.

Green Day takes a handful of barre chords and turns them into something different each time. As a guitar player, Green Day's stuff is very similar and requires little variation in technique. To a listener, Green Day puts together a good variety of songs without needing to be overly complex.

Well, they used to. I'm not a big fan of Mascara Day. Not crazy about the song selection for this pack, or only a three song pack for a supposed "Wow, we got that band!" band. Had my wallet all ready for anything the DLC might be given the hints, had it open and credit cards dumped out when Green Day was obviously the pack, then jumped right back on the fence when I saw the song selection. At this rate, they'll somehow get Led Zeppelin, then release a five pack all from In Through The Out Door...

AC|DC, on the other hand, puts the same song on an album eight times, puts a good solo or set of lyrics on one of the eight, and tries to prevent you from buying just the one "good" one. I have some of their albums and I learned a few of their songs from tab when I was just starting out, but... meh. Not a DLC pack I'd ever get, no matter which songs they choose. (A single of Thunderstruck to see if I remember it? Sure, but not something I'd use a DLC request app vote on.)

RokDog007
11-19-2013, 10:08 AM
gonna have to dust off the PS3 & will be having some fun playing some Faith No More, Foreigner & Kenny Wayne Shepherd in a few hour
may even have to try some Dream Theater too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I

:cool:

ghmorello
11-19-2013, 04:45 PM
gonna have to dust off the PS3 & will be having some fun playing some Faith No More, Foreigner & Kenny Wayne Shepherd in a few hour
may even have to try some Dream Theater too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I

:cool:

No you're not, you MUST play some Green Day.

Greenbrick2
11-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Well, I'll make my statement with my wallet, and hopefully enough others that haven't already just bought the pack will join me - I'm buying Basket Case alone, and never buying the others. Five pack that includes one newer, and then four in some combination of Dookie and Nimrod (with no more than two from Nimrod), fine. Three pack with less than two from Dookie? Naughty.

Heck, I'll probably gift a couple Basket Case on Steam to some people I know that do Twitch streams, on the condition that they never buy or accept other Green Day, until...

dallasdave22
11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Greenbrick - it's not just buying the songs, I think they are also keeping track of who plays what tracks from which artist.

Gold_Jim
11-20-2013, 03:46 PM
AC|DC, on the other hand, puts the same song on an album eight times, puts a good solo or set of lyrics on one of the eight, and tries to prevent you from buying just the one "good" one. I have some of their albums and I learned a few of their songs from tab when I was just starting out, but... meh. Not a DLC pack I'd ever get, no matter which songs they choose. (A single of Thunderstruck to see if I remember it? Sure, but not something I'd use a DLC request app vote on.)

I will only say that I have learned over 80 AC/DC songs note-for-note and over 20 GD songs, also note-for-note. I speak from the point of view who of someone who plays both songs in a band to hundreds of people every week, not that of a casual listener or bedroom jammer. Basket Case has consistently been the one song that hits from GD to a wide variety of audiences. Highway to He**, You Shook Me All Night Long, TNT, Thunderstruck, and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap are winners every time. I hear your argument from cover bands all the time, "Oh, we would do <insert AC/DC song here>, but it's so easy and they are so boring." Then the same band tries and fails miserably. Girl's Got Rhythm, Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution, Beatin' Round the Bush... I could go on with songs that don't sound the same.

Something that most people who listen casually (especially to songs they don't like) is that they forget that you've got only so many members to a band. The same argument that "they made the same album every time" can be made of just about any band in history. Stevie Ray Vaughn sounds like SRV on every album he plays... Of course he does, he's SRV! Billie Joe Armstrong sounds the same on everything he did. Why wouldn't he? He's doing pop punk, it's not about the musicianship, it's about the delivery.

I wasn't saying that their music wasn't popular, that people didn't like it, that there wasn't something magical about taking the same four chords and milking them for 20+ years. John Mellencamp, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen... The list goes on of bands that have done this. There's only 12 notes in the chromatic scale! The permutations have all been used up. Green Day did what they did well for the time, but it's just not that hard to play or figure out with free tab from the Internet. You're not going to tell me that you can't take the lesson that I posted, which is one of tens of videos on YouTube and learn Basket Case, the one song that everyone here who is buying from this DLC pack has agreed is their target purchase, and learn the song in the amount of time it takes to watch the video. Now take Girl's Got Rhythm and learn that in the same amount of time. This is a guitar learning software. The hype was there, but the songs are easy and as I said previously, there's no meat on them at all. I'm not saying AC/DC's music is hard, but at least you're getting more than one guitar part, because they don't play the same voicings, and you have some single-note lines to learn.

Here's a lesson from Angus Young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8geCFUwOko

Gold_Jim
11-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Here's part 2 for those who are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDyxeDNM2Gs

bubka122
11-20-2013, 08:03 PM
I gave Green Day to much hate, I will buy at least 2 out of 3. Looks like fun songs for my skill level.

Jack_Ripper1888
11-20-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm in the UK on Steam and the only DLC I see is American Idiot, frightened of purchasing it because the Rocksmith avatar picture that should be to left is missing. Don't see the other two and I've tried everything.

SquirrellyNinja
11-20-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm in the UK on Steam and the only DLC I see is American Idiot, frightened of purchasing it because the Rocksmith avatar picture that should be to left is missing. Don't see the other two and I've tried everything.

You don't see these listings?

Song Pack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258367/
Basket Case: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258365/?snr=1_5_9__405
Oh Love: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258364/

The missing screens and pictures on American Idiot is something we know about and are pestering Steam to fix it as soon as possible. The DLC should work completely fine though.

Jack_Ripper1888
11-20-2013, 09:38 PM
I eventually found them Mr Ninja. If I clicked on store in the top then typed in Rocksmith they didn't show. However, if I right clicked on the game in my library then community hub....then scrolled down past the buy Rocksmith and import tool there is a DLC bit. Clicked on show all and they were there!

Thanks for the help.

BazzTard61
11-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Any music game without any Beatles or Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin is incomplete.

Thedanband
11-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Any music game without any Beatles or Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin is incomplete.

Get lose. The Doors better than the Beatles.

toymachinesh
11-21-2013, 11:05 AM

That's a lot of incomplete music games.

EncryptedHost
11-24-2013, 02:53 AM
How about Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I love the Oh Hey Song! Would love to see it on RS2014.

cosgrovewatt
11-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Time to start speculating about next week. The way I see it, we should be expecting packs from at least the following bands: Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Kiss, Oasis, R.E.M, Ramones, Slayer, The Who and Weezer. That would follow the trend of releasing packs for big bands that have a song on disc. Maybe add Foo Fighters (again?), Nirvana, Paramore, Rise Against and The Shins to that list. I'd expect to see most of those bands before we get anything "new". Sorry Doors, Beatles, Led Zep, Jimi, Metallica, etc. fans...

toymachinesh
11-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Feeling some Weezer for next week

extendedsolo
11-26-2013, 05:38 PM

Lets speculate

Buddy Holly
Undone The Sweater Song
Island in the Sun
Hashpipe
El Scorcho.

I hope that they would include a Maladroit song though.

goosfrabaaaah
11-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Wouldn't mind some more Queens of the Stone Age :)

Clanky44
11-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Audioslave would be nice.

bcolwell2012
11-26-2013, 10:15 PM
I hope it is Weezer DLC. I'm still trying to get the lead intro to Say it Aint So down. Sounds so simple but is so hard.

shihdo
11-26-2013, 10:33 PM
well, 28th Jan will see bandfuse releasing hendrix, so there is two months for RS to try and trump that....... should be interesting

cosgrovewatt
11-26-2013, 10:48 PM

I hope so, but after consecutive weeks of "alternative"-ish bands I wouldn't be surprised if they mix it up with some Slayer or Aerosmith.

extendedsolo
11-26-2013, 10:52 PM
well, 28th Jan will see bandfuse releasing hendrix, so there is two months for RS to try and trump that....... should be interesting

Right, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure it will get pushed back.

Besides, if people are struggling with some of the songs on RS2014, they are going to really struggle with some of the hendrix songs.

guitarman529
11-26-2013, 10:54 PM
I am feeling more Def Leppard or Whitesnake. Hair bands would be nice.

Kalopsia4Never
11-26-2013, 11:01 PM
I'd love a Queens Of The Stone Age pack, top of my list. Hopefully some White Stripes down the line too...

Over40Rocker
11-27-2013, 12:46 AM
I am feeling more Def Leppard or Whitesnake. Hair bands would be nice.

Same here, Would be a shame i let my hair grow out for nothing. lol.

RokDog007
11-27-2013, 02:51 AM
70's AeroSmith

steel_string
11-27-2013, 03:40 AM
I'm not a big Boston fan, but given how well "More Than a Feeling" sold for the first game, I'm surprised we haven't already seen a band pack.

SeattleSauve
11-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Of the on disc set I think we'll get a pack for Aerosmith, Slayer, and Def Leppard.

I'll guess Aerosmith, because that's the one I'd most want to play :)

thxphotog
11-27-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm not a big Boston fan, but given how well "More Than a Feeling" sold for the first game, I'm surprised we haven't already seen a band pack.

Hitch a Ride, Smokin', Long Time, Don't Look Back....any Boston song fits the bill perfectly.

toymachinesh
11-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Smokin' wouldn't be the best choice unless we got a "Bonus Lead" amirite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwb_-Ymdjfg

sh1kamaru-
11-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Any of Aerosmith, Boston, Def Leppard and Rush would be awesome :)

Stang616
11-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Hitch a Ride, Smokin', Long Time, Don't Look Back....any Boston song fits the bill perfectly.

You can't have Long Time without Foreplay, it just isn't the same. I don't see Hendrix coming for a long time, if ever, now that BandFuse has exclusivity. It would take something really huge, like Zeppelin or Metallica, to counter that announcement.

I do feel that the Hendrix Experience should have gone with Rocksmith over Bandfuse, I think Rocksmith has greater staying power; however, I have not played BandFuse, so I could be completely wrong.

ColdForged
11-27-2013, 03:35 PM
I'd like some AC/DC. I believe it's time.

guitarman529
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Same here, Would be a shame i let my hair grow out for nothing. lol.

lol!!

guitarman529
11-27-2013, 03:39 PM
This is a wild guess how about this (complete 20 minute song with no breaks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB9OpxrIi74

carpercen
11-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Peter Green's Fleetwod Mac!
Black Magic Woman
Like it this way
Green Manalishi
Oh well

You sir talk wisely!

rcole_sooner
11-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Keep the DLC request types post of these threads, please.

We let these threads go, but if they become just one big DLC request then they will get closed.

bubka122
11-27-2013, 05:53 PM
My bad, just trying to be informative or something like that

Bluesman25
11-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Of course a "let's try to guess next weeks DLC" thread is going to turn into a request thread. That being said, rumour has it that next week will be a Stevie Ray Vaughn pack. ��

guitarman529
11-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Mine guess was a holiday weekend and we have Rush in the game.

TonyFarkas
11-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Of course a "let's try to guess next weeks DLC" thread is going to turn into a request thread. That being said, rumour has it that next week will be a Stevie Ray Vaughn pack. ��

oohhh :)

are sure the rumor was not for a Gary Moore pack?

daddy_felix
11-28-2013, 09:45 AM
That being said, rumour has it that next week will be a Stevie Ray Vaughn pack. ��

Source?

And please don't post stuff like "XYZ would be cool". Let's wait for an (un)official hint, which might come friday. Then we'll have something to speculate about :)

Bluesman25
11-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Post # 184 was the source of the rumour.;)

Marauder359
11-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Post # 184 was the source of the rumour.;)

lol

eevilways
11-29-2013, 08:48 AM
With all the DLC's so far being artists that are on disc I have to assume they probably had deals arranged already to pretty much do dlc packs for the bands as well. With the recent packs I'm going to guess we're back to a classic rockish pack. Perhaps will be some more Alice Cooper or possibly my top choice for some more Def Leppard :D

I wouldn't be surprised though if it's something getting back to the 70's next week.

Monsieur Samson
11-29-2013, 10:54 AM
With all the DLC's so far being artists that are on disc I have to assume they probably had deals arranged already to pretty much do dlc packs for the bands as well. With the recent packs I'm going to guess we're back to a classic rockish pack. Perhaps will be some more Alice Cooper or possibly my top choice for some more Def Leppard :D

I wouldn't be surprised though if it's something getting back to the 70's next week.

I would love a 70's Deep Purple pack !

Doogal73
11-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Tweet from Paul Cross this AM:
@Dthulhu @Rocksmithgame that's kind of inspiring, but our winter dlc is inspiration itself! Hope you (and pup) had a good day.

A hint maybe?

My guess(es) are Aerosmith or Tom Petty.

daddy_felix
11-29-2013, 03:23 PM
I think that's kind of a hint. The two main points are "winter dlc" and "inspiration". That's a good base for speculation :)

Maybe it's a "winter song"-pack this time instead of an artists pack? And what about "inspiration"? I'm not a native speaker, but for me the sentence sounds quite "constructed", as if he wanted to insert something with "inspiration".

Aerosmith would be great, but I don't see a connection to "winter" or "inspiration".

Ezzy911
11-29-2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GceFwYv8sZk

It's probably this.

Ezzy911
11-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Makes me feel really "inspired"

Heimpz
11-29-2013, 04:32 PM
my dream would be " The Xx - Infinity"

RokDog007
11-29-2013, 05:09 PM
X-Mas songs perhaps....?
so you can learn them by X-mas and impress the family during the holidays

jellisjenius
11-29-2013, 05:23 PM
@Dthulhu @Rocksmithgame that's kind of inspiring, but our winter dlc is inspiration itself! Hope you (and pup) had a good day.

A hint maybe?

Main Entry: MUSE
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin Musa, from Greek Mousa
Date: 14th century
1 capitalized : any of the nine sister goddesses in Greek mythology presiding over song and poetry and the arts and sciences
2 : a source of inspiration ; especially : a guiding genius
3 : poet

Doogal73
11-29-2013, 05:34 PM
very nice catch, that definitely looks like a perfect match for the hint.

toymachinesh
11-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Main Entry: MUSE
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin Musa, from Greek Mousa
Date: 14th century
1 capitalized : any of the nine sister goddesses in Greek mythology presiding over song and poetry and the arts and sciences
2 : a source of inspiration ; especially : a guiding genius
3 : poet

Well done

Duggle-SD
11-29-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm guessing the winter part just means what is coming out this winter, unless it is Johnny or Edgar Winter or something like that.

Synonyms for inspiration

encouragement
enthusiasm
genius
incentive
influence
insight
motivation
revelation
vision
afflatus
animus
approach
arousal
awakening
brainchild
brainstorm
creativity
elevation
exaltation
fancy
flash
hunch
illumination
impulse
motive
muse
notion
rumble
spark
spur
stimulation
thought
whim
deep think
inflatus

Obviously Muse jumps out off this list and is a pretty strong choice of a clue for inspiration. Other choices could be Atlas Genius or U2 Elevation. Must be many others...

Wow, there were already three posts about Muse while I was looking this up.

Teh_Barbarian
11-29-2013, 05:41 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with a Muse DLC.

By the way, Brainstorm is a big hit from the Arctic Monkeys. I'd be very happy with that DLC as well.

eevilways
11-29-2013, 06:34 PM

A hint maybe?

Hmm winter he says...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIldF-pGUCU

Just kidding, I highly doubt that's what we'll be getting, but an Edgar Winter 3 pack or so would be pretty fun.

pedietz
11-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Winter = Cold as Ice.

RokDog007
11-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Winter = Cold as Ice.

not if you live in Florida

Bluesman25
11-29-2013, 07:30 PM
If it's Muse, I'm hoping for Hysteria & Uprising. Hysteria would be really fun to play. Uprising doesn't have a lot of guitar, but is a great tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8

muscular_tiger
11-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Would not mind Muse DLC they have some fun songs.

elemenohpenc
11-29-2013, 11:57 PM
my opinion of Muse:

before GH3/RS: a poor-man's radiohead
after GH3, before RS: eh, still not that great
after RS: okay, this band is cool.

still never got big into them but, i def have respect for them now. muse dlc is welcomed in my world.

thoman23
11-30-2013, 12:30 AM
my opinion of Muse:

before GH3/RS: a poor-man's radiohead
after GH3, before RS: eh, still not that great
after RS: okay, this band is cool.

still never got big into them but, i def have respect for them now. muse dlc is welcomed in my world.

Ha, yeah, the Three Stages of Muse acceptance. I think I'm still at Stage 2 myself. I would definitely buy a Muse pack though. Always found it funny though when hardcore Muse fans say they don't understand at all where the Radiohead comparisons are coming from.

elemenohpenc
11-30-2013, 12:46 AM
i think it's pretty obvious vocally and musically. they picked up where The Bends left off...

radiohead went post-rock with their style. expanding their effects (on guitar), instrumentation, recording techniques and stylistic paradigms. while muse accepted the conventions of guitar/bass/drums/vox in rock music and just kept trying to push the envelope.

toymachinesh
11-30-2013, 12:47 AM
If you want to be sold on Muse watch live footage of them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvqMTxpxsN4

elemenohpenc
11-30-2013, 12:53 AM
my living room does not have enough room/hardwood floor to accommodate the rock slides necessary to play like muse.

Teh_Barbarian
11-30-2013, 02:10 AM
I like both bands, although I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan of either. I also don't see the comparison.

By the way, would like to see Stockholm Syndrome in the DLC pack if this is indeed a Muse DLC pack.

SeattleSauve
11-30-2013, 02:21 AM
Based on Paul's last tweet I'm thinking it will be The Who.

Paul Cross ‏@crossieRS 12m (https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/406590590508224512) @CraigAMunn (https://twitter.com/CraigAMunn) no! Someone's jumping to conclusions. Next week you'll want to smash a guitar. Cause it's rock'n'roll, not cause it's rubbish!

SeattleSauve
11-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Forgot to mention, this was his tweet nixing the 'Muse' rumors, so it isn't Muse next week.

Shano_aus
11-30-2013, 02:42 AM
"inspiration itself"....smashing guitars....Nirvana?

i think it's pretty obvious vocally and musically. they picked up where The Bends left off...

radiohead went post-rock with their style. expanding their effects (on guitar), instrumentation, recording techniques and stylistic paradigms. while muse accepted the conventions of guitar/bass/drums/vox in rock music and just kept trying to push the envelope.

I'm a massive fan of both RH and Muse (seeing them tonight in fact), and I can see the comparisons, but since Black Holes & Revelations I kinda consider Muse to have taken up where Queen left off.

RokDog007
11-30-2013, 02:56 AM
KISS smashed guitars regularly too

Marauder359
11-30-2013, 03:47 AM
KISS smashed guitars regularly too

And other instruments....

If ear drums count..... ba dum dum tsss

ceestewart
11-30-2013, 03:57 AM
I like Muse but I'm kind of glad it isn't them. I can't afford to install a Kaos pad in my guitar.

BazzTard61
11-30-2013, 04:10 AM
all i want is LAST WEEK'S DLC that we STILL haven't seen on PS3 in Australia !!!!!!

even more infuriating when the game tells me to download the new Radiohead pack !!!! talk about rubbing my nose in it!

ghmorello
11-30-2013, 04:20 AM
It's not Muse? Elliott will be very sad to hear this. If it's The Who, I expect all three CSI songs.

bubka122
11-30-2013, 06:10 AM
It's pretty clear it's gonna be The Who, For the question about whether it was gonna be Muse:
crossieRS:
no! Someone's jumping to conclusions. Next week you'll want to smash a guitar. Cause it's rock'n'roll, not cause it's rubbish!

Some dude:
@crossieRS Wait...Who would smash a guitar for Rock? Not anyone from my generation. Would take some kind of wizard.

crossieRS
Who would, indeed. ?!

Shano_aus
11-30-2013, 06:44 AM
all i want is LAST WEEK'S DLC that we STILL haven't seen on PS3 in Australia !!!!!!

even more infuriating when the game tells me to download the new Radiohead pack !!!! talk about rubbing my nose in it!

It's for this very reason I've cut my losses on PS3 and switched to Steam. The whole additional layer of issues that comes from having to rely not just on the PSN, but two different regional PSN's, just means there's likely to be more and more of these kind of issues, in my opinion.

If next week's DLC is The Who, I'll be stoked - but I would've thought they'd make a bigger deal out of it?

fatherrock
11-30-2013, 07:30 AM
MUSE
The WHO
KISS

it is all good, serve me up another helping of WIN

pedietz
11-30-2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOUqRZkR8dE

Doogal73
11-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Hope it's a five pack, they have a lot of classic songs that I'd love to learn. Hopefully we'll at least get:

Baba O'Riley
Who are you
Pinball Wizard

I always loved that intro riff and solo in Eminence Front too.

toymachinesh
11-30-2013, 03:50 PM
I always loved that intro riff and solo in Eminence Front too.

Me too, would be amazing if it was picked for one of the songs.

berad88
11-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Behind Blue Eyes

Thedanband
11-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Me too, would be amazing if it was picked for one of the songs.

To be honest you don't deserve The Who DLC.... Green Day bored you already? The Who is a big band but not as big as The Doors!! Come on babe light my fire!!!

RokDog007
11-30-2013, 06:18 PM
if it is the Who....we may even get a nice little camp fire diddy known as Squeeze Box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYgRYlhMW4

stevoguitar999
11-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I know I'm fooling myself but marillion?

toymachinesh
11-30-2013, 07:02 PM
To be honest you don't deserve The Who DLC.... Green Day bored you already?

Did your mom not hug you enough as a child?

ghmorello
11-30-2013, 07:13 PM
To be honest you don't deserve The Who DLC.... Green Day bored you already? The Who is a big band but not as big as The Doors!! Come on babe light my fire!!!

You need to stop trolling.

Doogal73
11-30-2013, 07:34 PM

You sure you didn't want to try to convince us that Lady Gaga is bigger than The Who?

Duggle-SD
11-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Songs mentioned above are all good. Also love:
Won't get fooled again
Behind Blue Eyes - oops, I knew this was already listed, meant Baba O'Riley
Athena

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o

edit:
Oh man, what about Substitute, I Can't Explain, ... it could go on and on.

eevilways
11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
So many great songs being listed... Maybe they're giving us a 20 pack.

SeattleSauve
11-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah, a 5 pack is not that hard to put together for these guys, they've got a few hits. Rock Band has 17 of their songs available.

RokDog007
11-30-2013, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vXMWNhCmLUg

armin1021
11-30-2013, 08:36 PM
if it is the Who....we may even get a nice little camp fire diddy known as Squeeze Box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYgRYlhMW4

+1

SeattleSauve
11-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Here are the ones (http://www.rockband.com/songs/finder#-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/the who/)in the Rock Band catalog:

Bluesman25
11-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Squeeze box would be awesome.

Gold_Jim
11-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Squeeze Box was written about a woman with an accordion. Not even going to venture to guess on the tunes. Will be interesting to say the least.

fatherrock
11-30-2013, 10:04 PM
I kinda gave up on the guessing thing

UBISOFT take my money and give me music that doesn't make my ears cry !

good enuff

jellisjenius
12-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Well, I'm still holding out hope that Muse is coming sometime this winter.

Assuming we're getting The Who, my guess is:

Wont Get Fooled Again
Behind Blue Eyes
Pinball Wizard
Who Are You?
Eminence Front/Magic Bus/The Seeker

Not sure about the last one, but the top 4 seem pretty likely. I could be wrong but I can't see getting Baba O'Riley with little to no guitar for most of the song.

chrisatkinson35
12-01-2013, 04:54 PM
The Real Me would be incredible on bass :-)

wingnut6310
12-01-2013, 07:18 PM
BaBa O'Riley.

toymachinesh
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gklt1MXqFdA

eevilways
12-01-2013, 09:44 PM
I'd prefer the Blue Cheer version, but I don't really expect that ever so wonder if they'd throw this in there if it's a Who pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQpiv2vNmV8

PANICATTACK10
12-01-2013, 09:53 PM
i hope we get the eagles sometime soon

Clanky44
12-02-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm really hoping it's a 5 pack.