PDA

View Full Version : Community challenge item can't be shared between saves under same gamertag?

Terrence_Lee
11-15-2013, 06:12 PM
I believe we all experienced our first community challenge last weekend, got the explorer outfit.

I have just started a whole new game save, under the same gamertag of course, I found out the item you got from community challenge,

can't be shared between saves under the same gamertag.

That brings up another question, every community challenge held 1 time, so how about for whose people who missed it and want to get it later?

Or somebody like me want to replay again by starting a new save later? I thought the item was unlock according to gamertag, so after that whenever

we started another save the item would be there already. But no, so how can we get it later if we missed the chance?

If we replay it, say 1 or 2 years later for fun, that means we can't get the items anymore? I am very confuse because I am one of those who definitely replay it after sometime. I still

replay old AC games these days, and I'd like to achieve all I can, like the old save as I did.

1 more thing, can anybody tell me where is the Havana landmark, Castillo de la Real Fuerza? I asked because I got landmark that in my first game save somehow , but in my 2nd

playthrough just couldn't find it. I afraid it won't pop up because I have walked almost every inch in Havana. Afraid it would be a bug again...

Landruner
11-15-2013, 06:49 PM
You made a good point I personally missed one ship and one whale 2 weeks ago (I did not really get what they were and what was happening, and I guessed they will pop back later), and to my deception, "Nada!" they are gone for bad. So, concretely they need to fix that in an update because that is ridiculous.

hamNdoritos
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM
You're probably one of the few lucky ones that completed the challenge like the rest of us, but you got the explorer outfit. I know many many people completed the challenge (me included) but got a bug saying that the explorer outfit was unlocked but when we go to the captain's cabin or store, it still says unavailable. I've contacted Ubisoft support and all they said was "we'll look into it".

I did read somewhere saying that there will be more challenges in the future that will unlock other rewards as well as past rewards for anybody that missed it. So i'm sure you'll have more chances to get the explorer outfit if they ever fix the bug to unlock it for real.

You made a good point I personally missed one ship and one whale 2 weeks ago (I did not really get what they were and what was happening, and I guessed they will pop back later), and to my deception, "Nada!" they are gone for bad. So, concretely they need to fix that in an update because that is ridiculous.

Those are not community challenges, those are the Royal Convoys and White Whales that you encounter on your own. They are highlighted blue and once you find them, they are shared with the community. I'm sure you have to be online to encounter these random royal convoys and white whales as well as the community chests. I find a lot of these 3 things but I always skip them.

Landruner
11-15-2013, 07:38 PM
You're probably one of the few lucky ones that completed the challenge like the rest of us, but you got the explorer outfit. I know many many people completed the challenge (me included) but got a bug saying that the explorer outfit was unlocked but when we go to the captain's cabin or store, it still says unavailable. I've contacted Ubisoft support and all they said was "we'll look into it".

I did read somewhere saying that there will be more challenges in the future that will unlock other rewards as well as past rewards for anybody that missed it. So i'm sure you'll have more chances to get the explorer outfit if they ever fix the bug to unlock it for real.

Those are not community challenges, those are the Royal Convoys and White Whales that you encounter on your own. They are highlighted blue and once you find them, they are shared with the community. I'm sure you have to be online to encounter these random royal convoys and white whales as well as the community chests. I find a lot of these 3 things but I always skip them.

Ah okay, I thought they were, back in time it was a problem with the server and Uplay and went offline for one day, and then, I saw that it was some "social club community challenges" popping on the map upon discovery (please, correct me if I am wrong), and I saw the timer...and I let them, because I was too far doing some boarding somewhere else, so apparently I assumed wrongly what it was?. Anyway I still have the icons in game, but no way to find any of the Royal convoy or the whale