PDA

View Full Version : Next game need a "real assassin" (spoilers)

killzab
11-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Ezio was the last true assassin we've played. We got to watch him grow from a brash young man into a master assassin.

Connor donned the robes and worked against the Templars under the aid of an old assassin, but he was never devoted to the assassin cause nor formally trained. He had his own personal vendetta/agenda.

Edward isn't an assassin. Not at all. He's a pirate out for himself. He's working both sides of the fence to what suits his needs the best. While that's cool in it's own right, I miss playing a real devoted assassin master like Ezio and Altair. I hope that the next game actually lets us play as an assassin assassinating and doing assassin stuff.

thelastdisciple
11-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if they spun off and did a "Pirate's Creed" type of series...at least it would keep the Assassin lore to it's respective franchise and then continue on with the pirate stuff for the people who would like that to continue.

xx-pyro
11-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Connor was an Assassin, and he was formally trained by the Mentor himself. I at first was also irked that Edward wasn't an Assassin, but quite honestly his progression is what made the story of the game powerful so I'm glad they did it how they did it.

Fact of it is, the further into the future you go Assassin's are less of a "let's throw on robes and kill people" and more of a diverse group of people (policemen, accountants, lawyers, or jumping back a bit pirates) which is how it should be realistically.

phoenix-force411
11-14-2013, 09:56 PM
If we were goin' to play someone who was a person that "lived by the book" kind of guy, I don't think I'd care much for that assassin.

Edward never considered himself an assassin, but he did help the assassins. Devoting yourself to the creed is pretty much a life of solitude.

Connor at first set out with a personal vendetta, but he knew how to let it go when more important things came up. Towards the end, his main goal was to stop the Templars, and he did, but like I said, the life of an assassin is lonely which is what happened at the end of Assassin's Creed III.

adventurewomen
11-14-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm avoiding the first post because of Spoilers. :eek:

I just wanted to say, that Connor's life is the most tragic out of all Assassins, he had lost everyone he loved and cared for as he was lonely, the homesteaders are the people who gave him some faith to carry on through difficult times. Connor became wise by the end of AC3.

xx-pyro
11-14-2013, 10:05 PM

I just wanted to say, that Connor's life is the most tragic out of all Assassins, he had lost everyone he loved and cared for as he was lonely, the homesteaders are the people who gave him some faith to carry on through difficult times. Connor became wise by the end of AC3.

Edward's was more tragic in my opinion.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 10:15 PM
They should reboot the franchise with new Assassin and time period.

FrankieSatt
11-14-2013, 10:19 PM
I agree with the OP and that is why I say that Ezio is the best Assassin and best Ancestor. Altair is a very close second, but I prefer Ezio. Connor and Edward are the worst and neither of them really care about the Assasin's or about the order or anything but their own agenda's. That is why I didn't like Connor nor do I like Edward.

adventurewomen
11-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Edward's was more tragic in my opinion.
I don't know much about Edward only as much as Forsaken at this point.. so no spoilers please. I'm waiting for AC4 next-gen..

I agree with the OP and that is why I say that Ezio is the best Assassin and best Ancestor. Altair is a very close second, but I prefer Ezio. Connor and Edward are the worst and neither of them really care about the Assasin's or about the order or anything but their own agenda's. That is why I didn't like Connor nor do I like Edward.
This is entirely you opinion..

Ezio had his own agenda, he was seeking revenge over the Templar's who murdered his family in AC2 & keeping his mother and sister safe in Brotherhood.

Landruner
11-14-2013, 10:38 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if they spun off and did a "Pirate's Creed" type of series...at least it would keep the Assassin lore to it's respective franchise and then continue on with the pirate stuff for the people who would like that to continue.

You know, I am totally convinced they will certainly do a spin off of the Black Flag for its own franchise and certainly dependent from the AC series...I am sure they will

roostersrule2
11-14-2013, 10:48 PM

I just wanted to say, that Connor's life is the most tragic out of all Assassins, he had lost everyone he loved and cared for as he was lonely, the homesteaders are the people who gave him some faith to carry on through difficult times. Connor became wise by the end of AC3.This is entirely your own opinion...

dxsxhxcx
11-14-2013, 10:50 PM
the devs need to play AC1 again to re-learn a thing or two...

souNdwAve89
11-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Ezio was the last true assassin we've played. We got to watch him grow from a brash young man into a master assassin.

Connor donned the robes and worked against the Templars under the aid of an old assassin, but he was never devoted to the assassin cause nor formally trained. He had his own personal vendetta/agenda.

Edward isn't an assassin. Not at all. He's a pirate out for himself. He's working both sides of the fence to what suits his needs the best. While that's cool in it's own right, I miss playing a real devoted assassin master like Ezio and Altair. I hope that the next game actually lets us play as an assassin assassinating and doing assassin stuff.

I don't know why people still say this. Ezio and Connor are quite similar in the beginning with their tragic family incident. They both used the Assassin Order, their teaching, etc to accomplish their own goal. It just happened that the people that were involved were Templars. You cannot say Connor didn't have formal training because there is a time gap from when Connor first met Achilles and accepting Connor as an apprentice to when his old friend shows up on the Davenport doorstep. If you listen to Connor's epilogue speech, you can see that he has grown as a person and is now committed to the Assassin Order.

Edward is a fresh approach to the series because he does not become an Assassin until very late in the game. I do believe he has become a "true Assassin" at the end and during the events of Forsaken. Besides the official title of being an Assassin, AC4 is still an Assassin's Creed game for the most part with free running, hidden blades, eavesdropping, Assassin contracts, etc.

Ezio had plenty of games and development, which allowed us to experience his life as an Assassin to being a Mentor. You can't expect Ubisoft to do that with every character because it will feel dragged out for some. If they tried that in one game then people will complain how the character is rushed.

DJJaines
11-14-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't know why people still say this. Ezio and Connor are quite similar in the beginning with their tragic family incident. They both used the Assassin Order, their teaching, etc to accomplish their own goal. It just happened that the people that were involved were Templars. You cannot say Connor didn't have formal training because there is a time gap from when Connor first met Achilles and accepting Connor as an apprentice to when his old friend shows up on the Davenport doorstep. If you listen to Connor's epilogue speech, you can see that he has grown as a person and is now committed to the Assassin Order.

Edward is a fresh approach to the series because he does not become an Assassin until very late in the game. I do believe he has become a "true Assassin" at the end and during the events of Forsaken. Besides the official title of being an Assassin, AC4 is still an Assassin's Creed game for the most part with free running, hidden blades, eavesdropping, Assassin contracts, etc.

Ezio had plenty of games and development, which allowed us to experience his life as an Assassin to being a Mentor. You can't expect Ubisoft to do that with every character because it will feel dragged out for some. If they tried that in one game then people will complain how the character is rushed.

This, Edward is an assassin at the end of the game, the story is his conflicting moralities and I thought it was told very well. But I seem to be in the minority when I say I really enjoyed 3 and 4.

xx-pyro
11-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Edward isn't an Assassin at the end of the game, he says to Anne he'll end up staying with them, so after the game yes he becomes one. Fits his progression really well too.

hamNdoritos
11-14-2013, 11:55 PM

And what is a "true" assassin? what is "doing assassin stuff"? define that before you go around saying that Ezio was the last Assassin. Maybe you need to read deeper into the Creed itself

Connor was properly trained because he was trained by an Assassin. Ezio was trained by an Assassin. Altair was trained by an Assassin. The reason why we got to witness Ezio from birth to till his death is because he got 3 games.

luckyto
11-14-2013, 11:59 PM
Edward isn't an Assassin at the end of the game, he says to Anne he'll end up staying with them, so after the game yes he becomes one. Fits his progression really well too.

He is an Assassin once he mentions to the Master his understanding of the Creed.

To the OP, Ezio wasn't an Assassin until the end of his first game either. And dare say, Connor understood the Creed as well as Altair or Ezio even in their old age. As the Templar says, "Your new conviction suits you." The weird thing about Edward is that he was an Assassin and embraced the Creed well before he himself realized it. The shoes were made to fit, he just had to grow into them.

xx-pyro
11-15-2013, 12:03 AM
He is an Assassin once he mentions to the Master his understanding of the Creed.

To the OP, Ezio wasn't an Assassin until the end of his first game either. And dare say, Connor understood the Creed as well as Altair or Ezio even in their old age. As the Templar says, "Your new conviction suits you." The weird thing about Edward is that he was an Assassin and embraced the Creed well before he himself realized it. The shoes were made to fit, he just had to grow into them.

Considering it is an actual organization and the Mentor himself says it will take a lot more than a simple favour to become an Assassin (which is said AFTER Edward displays his wisdom) I'd say he doesn't become one in the game at all.

AdamPearce
11-15-2013, 12:07 AM
I think a game set before AC1 is needed. Why? So the devs can define what is an Assassin, and what is a Templar. Because this is the kind of question that comes up each time, and no one haves an answer that really fit the concept.

Some will that the Assassin are the one who fights the Templar. So Erudito are Assassins? No, they ain't.
Some will say that the Assassin are the one who protect the Artifact from the Templars (AC2 Enigmas). So the only real Assassin is Cain's brother? Since he is the only one who actualy protected a PoE from Templars? No, he ain't the only Assassin.
Some will say the Assassins are the one who fight for Liberty, Truth and Justice. So Haytham was an Assassin? No, he is a Tenmplar.
Some will say that the Assassins are the one who wears a hood and have an hidden blade. So Shaun, Will, Achilles, etc aren't Assassins? No, they are.

See, we don't know what is an Assassin. We can that someone is not one, but the be abble to confirm it is a much more complicated process.

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Connor was totally a formal Assassin...just as much or possibly more so than Ezio was in AC2. He was trained by Achilles in not only techniques, but philosophy, the arts, the history of the Brotherhood, etc. Connor was much more of a developed Assassin when he donned the robes than Ezio (who also became an Assassin because of a vendetta btw).

As for Edward, the point was that he wasn't an Assassin until the very end of the game. That's what makes his personal journey and decisions so interesting. There's nothing wrong with mixing up the formula.

phoenix-force411
11-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I think a game set before AC1 is needed. Why? So the devs can define what is an Assassin, and what is a Templar. Because this is the kind of question that comes up each time, and no one haves an answer that really fit the concept.

Some will that the Assassin are the one who fights the Templar. So Erudito are Assassins? No, they ain't.
Some will say that the Assassin are the one who protect the Artifact from the Templars (AC2 Enigmas). So the only real Assassin is Cain's brother? Since he is the only one who actualy protected a PoE from Templars? No, he ain't the only Assassin.
Some will say the Assassins are the one who fight for Liberty, Truth and Justice. So Haytham was an Assassin? No, he is a Tenmplar.
Some will say that the Assassins are the one who wears a hood and have an hidden blade. So Shaun, Will, Achilles, etc aren't Assassins? No, they are.

See, we don't know what is an Assassin. We can that someone is not one, but the be abble to confirm it is a much more complicated process.

It's a vague concept that can be argued. It's been stated many times within the games about what is an "assassin", and I mostly hear it only from Machiavelli. In some ways, it is common sense, you fight those who wish to oppress & control society. Like robbing freewill. That's just the basic explanation of an "assassin".

silvermercy
11-15-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm sorry but I don't understand what a "true assassin" is... If anything, Altair was the first and last true assassin since the game was heavily based on the historical ones.

They're all true assassins...

AdamPearce
11-15-2013, 12:56 AM
It's a vague concept that can be argued. It's been stated many times within the games about what is an "assassin", and I mostly hear it only from Machiavelli. In some ways, it is common sense, you fight those who wish to oppress & control society. Like robbing freewill. That's just the basic explanation of an "assassin".

Well it's more than just fight those who look like Templar. Paul Revere for example wasn't an Assassin, but he had the same cause. They're is a lot of precise point that you must respect to become an Assassin, those criteria aren't define, they always change between each game, I'd like to have a base.

phoenix-force411
11-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Well it's more than just fight those who look like Templar. Paul Revere for example wasn't an Assassin, but he had the same cause. They're is a lot of precise point that you must respect to become an Assassin, those criteria aren't define, they always change between each game, I'd like to have a base.

Well, yeah, you have to respect the motto and its meaning as well and some other stuff. Having the freewill to kill and do what you want is a misleading concept of the motto, which is what Edward thought at first.

Megas_Doux
11-15-2013, 01:11 AM

I think Altair had the most tragic life, and that is because, as all of those who have suffered it say, my grandparents included, there is NO greater pain in life than losing a son/daughter.

And About Connor not being a "true" Assassin, let┤s see some facts:

Connor was properly inducted into the Brotherhood in 1770, he was 14 years old, he began to hunt templars, his mission, ever since....
Ezio was properly inducted into the Brotherhood in 1486, he was 27 years old. Before that, all he did was killing men out his need for vengeance......
Connor Killed his best friend, his childhood companion because his actions -supporting Lee- opposed the Assassins.
Ezio compromised not only the Altair keys, his vault and thus the Supposed location of the Gran Temple, but the entire Brotherhood and the war against the templars,, out his love for Sophia, having killed an Assassin mentor in the process.

Not opinions, but cold hard facts right there....

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 06:24 AM
I think Altair had the most tragic life, and that is because, as all of those who have suffered it say, my grandparents included, there is NO greater pain in life than losing a son/daughter.

And About Connor not being a "true" Assassin, let┤s see some facts:

Connor was properly inducted into the Brotherhood in 1770, he was 14 years old, he began to hunt templars, his mission, ever since....
Ezio was properly inducted into the Brotherhood in 1486, he was 27 years old. Before that, all he did was killing men out his need for vengeance......
Connor Killed his best friend, his childhood companion because his actions -supporting Lee- opposed the Assassins.
Ezio compromised not only the Altair keys, his vault and thus the Supposed location of the Gran Temple, but the entire Brotherhood and the war against the templars,, out his love for Sophia, having killed an Assassin mentor in the process.

Not opinions, but cold hard facts right there....All our Assassins have had tragic lives, I reckon it goes

Altair
Ezio
Connor
Edward

The people Ezio hunted were Templar's, his and Connor's mission were very alike. The Templar's knew about the Library long before Ezio did. Also about Altair's keys and the Vault. Ezio never went to the Grand Temple. Ezio never exposed the Assassins, everyone knew who they were, he never got Yusuf killed, he asked Yusuf to protect his wife. Yusuf was just overwhelmed.

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 06:42 AM
Order of sad/difficult lives with reasoning

Altair
-lost his father when he was young
-directly responsible for the death and dismemberment of his Brothers
-was betrayed by and had to murder his father-figure
-one of his sons died thinking he ordered his death
-was just short of saving his first love
-his wife died in his arms because of his stubbornness
-dedicated his life to something he was conflicted about through most of his life and even at time of death

Connor
-saw his mother burned alive in front of him as a child
-killed his best friend
-killed his father, then read the journal
-his people were evicted from their homeland
-wasn't present for the death of his sick mentor
-general regret/inner conflict

Ezio
-saw his brothers and father hanged
-had his complicated lover die in his arms
-saw his uncle shot dead in front of him
-friend died protecting a woman he admired at his request
-conflicted about if he had wasted his life

Edward
-grew up poor
-his wife left him
-was unable to save 2 comrades who died in front of him/in his arms
-had to kill/fight former friends
-spoilers about his wife
-died relatively young

Kirokill
11-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Don't forget about Edward's friends.

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Don't forget about Edward's friends.Or seeing Yusuf dead.

Still a good list by Batistabus though.

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Or seeing Yusuf dead.

Still a good list by Batistabus though.
Thanks! Edited. Anything else I missed? I want to avoid things like "assumed death of Maria" or "assumed hardships in Connors life post-Revolution".

AstusOz
11-15-2013, 07:38 AM
I've enjoyed every main protagonist for different reasons. Edward was a bit of a ******nozzle but it was nice playing as a character who was mostly neutral before deciding to dedicate himself to one side.

itsamea-mario
11-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Farlander1991
11-15-2013, 08:39 AM
It's always confused me why Ezio was considered a true assassin and Connor wasn't. Ezio left the Grand Master of the Templar Order alive (something that fits his character arc, but what an Assassin in his position would never do), tried to retire twice, and after successfully retiring didn't want to have anything to do with the Assassin Order. While Connor, even though life has kicked him repeatedly, never gave up on the Assassin cause.

And before rooster swoops in yelling at me that I just want to discredit Ezio :p I'm not saying that he's a bad character or that he didn't live by the Creed, he very much did. Like all the other Assassins as well. But considering his character arcs, how he started his 'career' as an Assassin and how he always longed for a simpler life, I don't understand why suddenly he's a 'truerer Assassin' than Connor and Edward.

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 09:27 AM
It's always confused me why Ezio was considered a true assassin and Connor wasn't. Ezio left the Grand Master of the Templar Order alive (something that fits his character arc, but what an Assassin in his position would never do), tried to retire twice, and after successfully retiring didn't want to have anything to do with the Assassin Order. While Connor, even though life has kicked him repeatedly, never gave up on the Assassin cause.

And before rooster swoops in yelling at me that I just want to discredit Ezio :p I'm not saying that he's a bad character or that he didn't live by the Creed, he very much did. Like all the other Assassins as well. But considering his character arcs, how he started his 'career' as an Assassin and how he always longed for a simpler life, I don't understand why suddenly he's a 'truerer Assassin' than Connor and Edward.Wow. Every post is just discrediting Ezio.

Megas_Doux
11-15-2013, 12:41 PM
All our Assassins have had tragic lives, I reckon it goes

The people Ezio hunted were Templar's, his and Connor's mission were very alike. The Templar's knew about the Library long before Ezio did. Also about Altair's keys and the Vault. Ezio never went to the Grand Temple. Ezio never exposed the Assassins, everyone knew who they were, he never got Yusuf killed, he asked Yusuf to protect his wife. Yusuf was just overwhelmed.

Lets see.....

1 Connor killed templars becaused they would restrict everyone's freedom, Ezio killed the templars to avenge his family, similar but different.

2 I never said Ezio went to the Grand Temple, I said Ezio "gaveaway" the supposed location of it. Ahmet thought Altair' library would lead him to the Grand Temple, which was said to hid a great and war winning weapon/tool, so......

3 Ezio did expose the Brotherhood, "Vittoria agli assassini!!!!!" In the center of the city, at noon......

4 Sophia was not his wife yet.

5 He got yusuf killed, Yusuf died because and I quote "take care of the woman of the old polo trading post, she is remarkable" . If it was not by that personal affair, Yusuf does not die...

Replay the games

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Lets see.....

1 Connor killed templars becaused they would restrict everyone's freedom, Ezio killed the templars to avenge his family, similar but different.

2 I never said Ezio went to the Grand Temple, I said Ezio "gaveaway" the supposed location of it. Ahmet thought Altair' library would lead him to the Grand Temple, which was said to hid a great and war winning weapon/tool....

3 Ezio did exposed the Brotherhood, the assassins were a secret organization and he made it public again....

4 Sophia was not his wife yet.

5 He got yusuf killed, Yusuf died because and I quote "take care of the woman of the old polo trading post, she is remarkable" . If it was not by that personal affair, Yusuf does not die...

Replay the gamesConnor killed the Templar's because he had a ***** over Lee.

Ezio never went near or close to the Grand Temple, I'm not even sure he knew it existed. The Templars found the Grand Temple through Desmond.

Not really, apart from the moment in ACB that should never be spoken of. The Templars obviously still knew they existed though.

Wife, Girlfriend, same thing.

Yea but if Yusuf was Batman and was able to destroy those Templar scum he doesn't die, it wasn't really anyone's fault but the Templars.

You replay the games, pleb.

Megas_Doux
11-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Are you reading???

I said ahmet thought its location was indicated in the library not that Ezio went there, and still Ezio gave him the keys....

The templars knew about the assassins, not the people...

Pay more attentiob to the games, kid...

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Are you reading???

I said ahmet thought its location was indicated in the library not that Ezio went there, and still Ezio gave him the keys....

The templars knew about the assassins, not the people...

Pay more attentiob to the games, kid...Ahmet knew where the Library was. Ahmet thought the way to the Grand Temple was in there. Ahmet was wrong.

How does Ezio lead him to the Grand Temple?

The keys and the Temple aren't connected, so that doesn't matter and Ezio got them back anyway.

The people still didn't know about the Assassins.

pacmanate
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Lets see.....

1 Connor killed templars becaused they would restrict everyone's freedom,

No. He wanted to kill lee originally. The templars just coincided with his motives. Of killing Lee.

FrankieSatt
11-15-2013, 02:41 PM
People seem to forget that the only reason Connor wanted Charles Lee and Haythem was because they were involved in his mother's death. He didn't care how he got to them and if helping the Assassin's meant he could exact his revenge than that is what he would do.

You can spin it however you want, but Connor had his own agenda and helping the Assassin's was secondary. I haven't finished ACIV yet but it seems that Edward is helping the Assassin's for his OWN agenda, and that has to do with money so he can go back home to his wife.

Altair and Ezio both were part of the Assassin's Order and actually worked to help the Assassin's Agenda, of defeating the Templars, and actually understood and cared about the Order.

Ritterkreuz1978
11-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I was pretty happy with Edwards progression from "guy who only cared about himself" to an Assassin. It helped him to stand out from the other protagonists and made for a great game.

pacmanate
11-15-2013, 03:17 PM
People seem to forget that the only reason Connor wanted Charles Lee and Haythem was because they were involved in his mother's death. He didn't care how he got to them and if helping the Assassin's meant he could exact his revenge than that is what he would do.

You can spin it however you want, but Connor had his own agenda and helping the Assassin's was secondary. I haven't finished ACIV yet but it seems that Edward is helping the Assassin's for his OWN agenda, and that has to do with money so he can go back home to his wife.

Altair and Ezio both were part of the Assassin's Order and actually worked to help the Assassin's Agenda, of defeating the Templars, and actually understood and cared about the Order.

I agree with everything but the end sentence, Ezio was part of the Assassin order originally for revenge. Or perhaps always. AC2 was revenge for his family, AC:B involved avenging Mario.

roostersrule2
11-15-2013, 03:21 PM
I agree with everything but the end sentence, Ezio was part of the Assassin order originally for revenge. Or perhaps always. AC2 was revenge for his family, AC:B involved avenging Mario.AC2 was definitely an Ezio driven agenda but I'm not sure about ACB, sure he said he was retired but if he heard some ****** was being a **** in Rome I'm pretty sure he'd come and kill him, Mario's death just made it progress faster.

Hans684
11-15-2013, 03:25 PM
-_- this is why the writhers, Devs ect should be allowed to post on the forums. I bett they have been laughing theire ***(and facepalm) of reading the forums most of the time.

zkorejo
11-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Edward is an Assassin. The whole story revolves around how a selfish pirate who left his love for greed and who has no principals or values in life learns an importance of those things the hard way.. how he understands that a man needs an ambition far bigger and better than gold and coins, he matures as the story progresses and understands the purpose of the Assassins.

As charming and smart Edward was, he wasnt intelligent enough to embrace the creed and live his life by a set of rules and collectively with fellow assassins work his way to achieve a common goal. He does realize that as later on that he has a few responsibilities as friend, a lover or simply as a human being and thats when he truly becomes an Assassin.

I think it was fresh and nicely done.

Farlander1991
11-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Why people say Connor joined the Order to exact revenge? He joined the Order to protect the freedom of his people. He didn't even know that Lee was a Templar (or where in the world he could find him) until he saw the portrait in Achilles' basement. Juno told him that the Assassins are a way to protect his village (which is a more 'assasssiny' goal than revenge, by the way), so he did. Revenge for Lee just coincided with the Assassin's goal, and even he didn't put revenge in the forefront after spending some time with the Assassins - because Connor's mindset has changed from 'protect the freedom of his village' to 'protect the freedom of people from the Templars', which is why he got ****ed over near the end of the game in the first place.

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Connor joined the Order because a spirit from many generations ago considered sacred by his ancestors directly told him to. The only revenge Connor wanted was from Lee, which he would have sought whether or not he joined the Assassins.

FrankieSatt
11-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I agree with everything but the end sentence, Ezio was part of the Assassin order originally for revenge. Or perhaps always. AC2 was revenge for his family, AC:B involved avenging Mario.

If you remember the conversation that Ezio had with his father in AC2, when his father and brother were captured, his father told him to get the things from his secret room and to root out who betrayed him. After the hanging Ezio might have wanted revenge and it did take Mario to convince him to really be an Assassin but he did finally decide to be an Assassin like his father.

in Brotherhood he was still an Assassin in the beginning and after Mario was murdered he finished off Rodrigo.... something I think he regretted not doing at the end of AC2. Revelations was most definitely Ezio having the Assassin's Agenda at hand when trying to find the Masiaf keys to keep the Library safe.

I really think the Ezio had the Assassin's Agenda first and foremost during most of his time with the Assassin's while Connor, and now it seems with Edward, that the majority of their time associated with the Assassin's their own Agenda was ahead of anything that had to do with Assassin's guild, it's just that helping the Assassin's helped their Agenda.

hamNdoritos
11-15-2013, 08:09 PM

I think you might be misunderstood. Charles Lee and Haytham didn't kill Connor's mother. George Washington did. Haytham pointed it out when they all 3 met at some fort. Washington wanted the land that the natives were on so he ordered an attack to push them west. And if i remember correctly, Haytham was away during the events of Ziio's death because he had a lead on where to find Jenny Kenway. And i'm pretty sure Haytham still cared about Ziio so he couldn't have ordered the burning of Connor's village.

luckyto
11-15-2013, 08:11 PM
^ No. His mother was killed in Charles' Lee's attack early in the game.

Considering it is an actual organization and the Mentor himself says it will take a lot more than a simple favour to become an Assassin (which is said AFTER Edward displays his wisdom) I'd say he doesn't become one in the game at all.

But after that, he performs a LOT more than a simple favor (defend the Beach.) He does a LOT more.

He becomes an Assassin. It's complete when his last contract says, "You wear your new conviction well. It suits you." That one statement is key to everything about Edward's story. He's a man who didn't understand who he truly was. He always knew he was more. He was confused about what it was and got lost finding it, but he does find it: his calling, his suit, to be an Assassin.

hamNdoritos
11-15-2013, 08:39 PM
^ No. His mother was killed in Charles' Lee's attack early in the game.

I'm assuming you're talking about when Charles Lee first encountered young connor and knocked him out and he wakes up to find his village burning. Don't think they actually confirmed that Charles Lee burned down the village. But It has been said and confirmed that the attack was ordered by George Washington.

Connor went thru the whole game believing it was Charles Lee who did it and that Haytham ordered the attack. But Haytham was not around during the time of the attack and he even went as far as saying he ordered Charles Lee and his men to not attack the village. Haytham only originally wanted to get in contact with Ziio, her people, and her land because he believed the cursor site was there which was his original motive in the colonies. But once he realize he had the wrong key, he gave up on trying to find that secret. So Haytham didn't care much for the village to have burned it down, and theres nothing there for Charles Lee as well. If anything, Washington is the most obvious suspect for ordering the attack.

Hans684
11-15-2013, 08:46 PM
If you remember the conversation that Ezio had with his father in AC2, when his father and brother were captured, his father told him to get the things from his secret room and to root out who betrayed him. After the hanging Ezio might have wanted revenge and it did take Mario to convince him to really be an Assassin but he did finally decide to be an Assassin like his father.

in Brotherhood he was still an Assassin in the beginning and after Mario was murdered he finished off Rodrigo.... something I think he regretted not doing at the end of AC2. Revelations was most definitely Ezio having the Assassin's Agenda at hand when trying to find the Masiaf keys to keep the Library safe.

I really think the Ezio had the Assassin's Agenda first and foremost during most of his time with the Assassin's while Connor, and now it seems with Edward, that the majority of their time associated with the Assassin's their own Agenda was ahead of anything that had to do with Assassin's guild, it's just that helping the Assassin's helped their Agenda.

He joined the order in Venice, 1476. Before that he was just helping the assassins while also trying to gett revenge. Also Mario(Mentor) also convinced him that there where more people behind theire deaths, something that trigerd his lust for revenge but they guided him and trained him so when the time was right he could become an assassin, but the thing is Mary Read(assassin) did the same with Edward on his hunt for gold and glory. And Ezio did not seatch for the Masyaf Keys to protect the library but to find the knowledge left behind by the great Alta´r and Connor was personally trained by Achilles(Mentor) alone in fighting and knowledge like every other person we have played.
If there is a way to deffiantion on what makes a "real assassin", i would say(juging by the games) that the Mentor that gives the person we are playing the assassin title makes him an assassin. Not the aprotch to theire target, not theire clothing, not theire personal agenda but theire knowledge and training that guides them.

And if someone say they are not assassins they are wrong, biased ect becouse of either or all yearly releases, disepointments(opinion, not fact), dislike of Charecter(s)(opinion, not fact), dislike of time periods(opinion, not fact) and Disney version of pirates(ACIVBF).

luckyto
11-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about when Charles Lee first encountered young connor and knocked him out and he wakes up to find his village burning. Don't think they actually confirmed that Charles Lee burned down the village. But It has been said and confirmed that the attack was ordered by George Washington.

Connor went thru the whole game believing it was Charles Lee who did it and that Haytham ordered the attack. But Haytham was not around during the time of the attack and he even went as far as saying he ordered Charles Lee and his men to not attack the village. Haytham only originally wanted to get in contact with Ziio, her people, and her land because he believed the cursor site was there which was his original motive in the colonies. But once he realize he had the wrong key, he gave up on trying to find that secret. So Haytham didn't care much for the village to have burned it down, and theres nothing there for Charles Lee as well. If anything, Washington is the most obvious suspect for ordering the attack.

No, later in the game, Washington forces the Indians to move. At first, Connor thought the Templars did it, but found out that it was Washington.

But it's two separate incidents: forced migration and attack and then the setting fire of the village and his mother's death. Lee and the Templars were responsible for the death of his mother. It's a revenge story too.

hamNdoritos
11-15-2013, 09:00 PM
i think you need to play the game again. nowhere did it confirm that Charles Lee burned down the village and killed Connor's mom. it also says it on the assassin's creed wiki (not that it counts for anything but there are some cold hard facts in there)

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 09:01 PM
I think you might be misunderstood. Charles Lee and Haytham didn't kill Connor's mother. George Washington did.
Washington didn't burn down the village himself, nor is it made clear if he ordered the burning of the village. All we know is that Native soldiers were causing problems in the frontier, so as a commander, he asked some of his soldiers to put a stop to it, likely by any means necessary. While he is to blame, it's not as malicious or direct as what Connor believed Lee did.

No. Ezio didn't care about the Assassin's agenda until much later in the game. Connor's sense of morality always lined up with the Assassins, while Ezio had to grow into it. Connor did not use the Assassins to extract revenge anymore than Ezio did; both Rodrigo and Lee were Templars and targets designated by their mentors. Remove Lee from the picture, and Connor would have still been an Assassin. Same with Ezio and Rodrigo. To say Connor "used" the Brotherhood while Ezio did not (or did so to a lesser extent) is wrong.

Rugterwyper32
11-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Where do I even start here? Ok, let's start with the stuff regarding Ezio and then let's make a few things clear about Connor so it all makes sense. I can't talk for Edward as I don't own AC4 yet (the wait for next year will be long) but hey.

So, Ezio. He starts his quest out of revenge. At first, he decides he just wants to take out Uberto and get as far away from there as possible to keep his family safe, but he learns from his uncle that the templars will keep hunting him down and he decides to hunt them down first and take down every templar for both revenge and to earn his freedom from them, Mario basically pushing his buttons and motivating him for his revenge which was how the assassins could guide him into the order. He slowly gets closer to assassin ideals up to the point that, close to the end of AC2, he actually becomes one. And let's remember, what's one of the first things he does when he becomes an assassin? Go after an unrelated faction because Savonarola gets his hands on the Apple of Eden, and once he finally goes after the templar grandmaster he spares him. HE SPARES THE TEMPLAR GRANDMASTER. Sure, it's supposed to show you his personal growth, but it's a big mistake. And even when he adds his reasoning during Brotherhood, I'm thinking he figured out Borgia power needs to be taken down from the core after Monteriggioni falls.
During Brotherhood, he actually grows into an assassin even further, finally absorbing everything and properly building up the brotherhood (hence the title of the game). By this point, he's 40 years old. But he keeps growing as an assassin, and manages to build up the brotherhood in Italy and pretty much all of Europe once more after becoming a master assassin. And even then, let's look at the beginning of the game: After sparing Rodrigo, he goes back to Monteriggioni and starts thinking about settling down and pretty much retiring, somehow fooling himself into believing that it's over because he beat Rodrigo at a 16th century boxing match.It's losing his uncle and the villa he's worked so hard to bring back to life that gets him back into gear and moves him further into being a proper assassin.
And finally we have Revelations. Where Ezio is a wise old man who does a good job as the mentor of the assassins, but at the same time does some rather grave mistakes. Now, that's been mentioned before, but I want to go for the specific one: Leaving the Apple in the library. I don't know how you're supposed to close the gate back again, if it's even possible, and I doubt even if he did that he moved the keys anywhere anyway. And he still should have moved the Apple itself. It's sheer luck that Apple didn't cause any more trouble than it did, because, as we all should remember, this Apple was the one that caused the Denver accident, and it's pure luck that the Templars didn't succeed that time. He could at least have made it harder to find like he did once already. That one either is a terrible Ezio mistake, or something that needs clarification because we know Abstergo gets its hands on it somehow.

As for Connor: His reason for joining, above revenge, was that Juno told him to. Charles Lee is already someone he wants dead and he'd hunt down anyway, Charles Lee is a Templar, so more the reason for him to want Charles Lee dead. He joined the order when he was 15 years old, learned about the history and philosophy of the assassins during his time with Achilles along his physical training. He was already seeing the templars as the enemy from that point. Let's not forget, during sequence 5, the moment he saw Biddle he was ready to go at it as he recognized him as a templar. Yeah, he made some monumental mistakes, biggest one I can think of is his breaking Hickey's door and starting that ridiculous chase which got him imprisoned rather than planning what his next move would be.
Eventually Connor learns that it wasn't Charles Lee, but his good buddy Washington who killed his family. Yet what does he do? He manages to keep his revenge in the background, saves his people, is forced to kill his best friend who was manipulated by Charles Lee, helps the Patriots one last time (and I don't think he would have if not for Lafayette) and holds himself back telling Washington about the risk Charles Lee is. I, for one, think that the reason he decided not to kill Lee at once at that point, was because if he made it about revenge for his mother that would have meant killing both Lee and Washington. In fact, the one reason he goes back after Lee close to the end is because Achilles tells him Lee will still be dangerous so long as he's alive. Killing Haytham and Lee was more because they were templars than revenge for his family, and the cut epilogue speech basically drove that point home (and I'm still mad they cut that out). The fact he left Washington alive and basically showed forgiveness, which is rather impressive considering how many reasons he had to kill him. So it does show you he cares about the Brotherhood and is not all for his own agenda. He lined up with their ideas from the get-go.

Besides Altair, all of them got into the order for their own reasons. And admittedly, all of them have interesting stories to tell so far regarding how they approach the ideals of the brotherhood. Altair grew arrogant and had to re-learn what it meant to be an assassin and grew into one of the wisest assassins, and the one who rebuilt the order. Ezio only saw red, wanting revenge for years, but eventually figured out revenge wasn't everything, put in order the knowledge he obtained during his journey and became a great assassin who helped build up the brotherhood around the Mediterranean. Connor started guided by a desire of avenging his mother and the orders of a spirit, learned from the last remaining assassin in the northern colonies, and as he grew he took his place as the assassin who would build up the brotherhood in the newly created United States. They all fit well as assassins and got their part for the brotherhood done.

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 09:34 PM
They all fit well as assassins and got their part for the brotherhood done.
/thread

PedroAntonio2
11-15-2013, 11:05 PM
For me...there is no True Assassins. Alta´r was a ******bag at the beginning of the game, but he became wiser during the game...but he wasn't a true Assassin, he lost control when he accidently killed Maria using the Apple to kill that traitor in ACR. Ezio and Connor used the Assassins only to fullfil their revengeful purposes...Ezio wanted to kill the Borgia and Connor wanted to kill Charles Lee. Just like Alta´r, they became wiser wtih the time, they suffered a lot during the story, lost people they cared about. I'm in Sequence 7 in ACIV, so I can't say much about Edward, but he is definitly NOT an Assassin, he is so wrong, Connor would be ashamed of his Grandpa. A true Assassin would be too boring, the player needs a character which he can say '' Wow, this guy behaves just like me, I like him'', a True Assassin would be too fanatic, cliche and boring.

I-Like-Pie45
11-16-2013, 12:06 AM
Where do I even start here? Ok, let's start with the stuff regarding Ezio and then let's make a few things clear about Connor so it all makes sense. I can't talk for Edward as I don't own AC4 yet (the wait for next year will be long) but hey.

So, Ezio. He starts his quest out of revenge. At first, he decides he just wants to take out Uberto and get as far away from there as possible to keep his family safe, but he learns from his uncle that the templars will keep hunting him down and he decides to hunt them down first and take down every templar for both revenge and to earn his freedom from them, Mario basically pushing his buttons and motivating him for his revenge which was how the assassins could guide him into the order. He slowly gets closer to assassin ideals up to the point that, close to the end of AC2, he actually becomes one. And let's remember, what's one of the first things he does when he becomes an assassin? Go after an unrelated faction because Savonarola gets his hands on the Apple of Eden, and once he finally goes after the templar grandmaster he spares him. HE SPARES THE TEMPLAR GRANDMASTER. Sure, it's supposed to show you his personal growth, but it's a big mistake. And even when he adds his reasoning during Brotherhood, I'm thinking he figured out Borgia power needs to be taken down from the core after Monteriggioni falls.
During Brotherhood, he actually grows into an assassin even further, finally absorbing everything and properly building up the brotherhood (hence the title of the game). By this point, he's 40 years old. But he keeps growing as an assassin, and manages to build up the brotherhood in Italy and pretty much all of Europe once more after becoming a master assassin. And even then, let's look at the beginning of the game: After sparing Rodrigo, he goes back to Monteriggioni and starts thinking about settling down and pretty much retiring, somehow fooling himself into believing that it's over because he beat Rodrigo at a 16th century boxing match.It's losing his uncle and the villa he's worked so hard to bring back to life that gets him back into gear and moves him further into being a proper assassin.
And finally we have Revelations. Where Ezio is a wise old man who does a good job as the mentor of the assassins, but at the same time does some rather grave mistakes. Now, that's been mentioned before, but I want to go for the specific one: Leaving the Apple in the library. I don't know how you're supposed to close the gate back again, if it's even possible, and I doubt even if he did that he moved the keys anywhere anyway. And he still should have moved the Apple itself. It's sheer luck that Apple didn't cause any more trouble than it did, because, as we all should remember, this Apple was the one that caused the Denver accident, and it's pure luck that the Templars didn't succeed that time. He could at least have made it harder to find like he did once already. That one either is a terrible Ezio mistake, or something that needs clarification because we know Abstergo gets its hands on it somehow.

As for Connor: His reason for joining, above revenge, was that Juno told him to. Charles Lee is already someone he wants dead and he'd hunt down anyway, Charles Lee is a Templar, so more the reason for him to want Charles Lee dead. He joined the order when he was 15 years old, learned about the history and philosophy of the assassins during his time with Achilles along his physical training. He was already seeing the templars as the enemy from that point. Let's not forget, during sequence 5, the moment he saw Biddle he was ready to go at it as he recognized him as a templar. Yeah, he made some monumental mistakes, biggest one I can think of is his breaking Hickey's door and starting that ridiculous chase which got him imprisoned rather than planning what his next move would be.
Eventually Connor learns that it wasn't Charles Lee, but his good buddy Washington who killed his family. Yet what does he do? He manages to keep his revenge in the background, saves his people, is forced to kill his best friend who was manipulated by Charles Lee, helps the Patriots one last time (and I don't think he would have if not for Lafayette) and holds himself back telling Washington about the risk Charles Lee is. I, for one, think that the reason he decided not to kill Lee at once at that point, was because if he made it about revenge for his mother that would have meant killing both Lee and Washington. In fact, the one reason he goes back after Lee close to the end is because Achilles tells him Lee will still be dangerous so long as he's alive. Killing Haytham and Lee was more because they were templars than revenge for his family, and the cut epilogue speech basically drove that point home (and I'm still mad they cut that out). The fact he left Washington alive and basically showed forgiveness, which is rather impressive considering how many reasons he had to kill him. So it does show you he cares about the Brotherhood and is not all for his own agenda. He lined up with their ideas from the get-go.

Besides Altair, all of them got into the order for their own reasons. And admittedly, all of them have interesting stories to tell so far regarding how they approach the ideals of the brotherhood. Altair grew arrogant and had to re-learn what it meant to be an assassin and grew into one of the wisest assassins, and the one who rebuilt the order. Ezio only saw red, wanting revenge for years, but eventually figured out revenge wasn't everything, put in order the knowledge he obtained during his journey and became a great assassin who helped build up the brotherhood around the Mediterranean. Connor started guided by a desire of avenging his mother and the orders of a spirit, learned from the last remaining assassin in the northern colonies, and as he grew he took his place as the assassin who would build up the brotherhood in the newly created United States. They all fit well as assassins and got their part for the brotherhood done.

tldr :)

Spider_Sith9
11-16-2013, 12:31 AM
the devs need to play AC1 again to re-learn a thing or two...

And have people complain that Investigations make the game too boring? Yeah right. People are already complaining about Eavesdropping and Tailing missions being too frequent in AC4 because they have such a short-attention span.

BATISTABUS
11-16-2013, 12:32 AM
And have people complain that Investigations make the game too boring? Yeah right. People are already complaining about Eavesdropping and Tailing missions being too frequent in AC4 because they have such a short-attention span.
I really like investigations in AC, but admittedly the conversations you were listening to were much more interesting in AC1 than in AC4.

Spider_Sith9
11-16-2013, 12:41 AM
I really like investigations in AC, but admittedly the conversations you were listening to were much more interesting in AC1 than in AC4.

Still, no one will play a game that's too boring. I always said make your Assassin a meek and timid coward who can hardly defend himself. But he rises at the end of the game and his full-skilled Assassin stuff comes in cross media stuff like a movie or comic or novel. When intergrated in the gameplay, it'll encourage stealth and tool usage, but taking on more than a few enemies is bad. People will treat him like another Connor though so that's the hard part. Writing a non-badass character who is pretty entertaining to watch.

BATISTABUS
11-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Still, no one will play a game that's too boring. I always said make your Assassin a meek and timid coward who can hardly defend himself. But he rises at the end of the game and his full-skilled Assassin stuff comes in cross media stuff like a movie or comic or novel. When intergrated in the gameplay, it'll encourage stealth and tool usage, but taking on more than a few enemies is bad. People will treat him like another Connor though so that's the hard part. Writing a non-badass character who is pretty entertaining to watch.
I would VERY much like this. It's something I've thought about, and it's something I really hope they take advantage of. They could even take the comedic route if that's what it would take to keep people entertained.

Spider_Sith9
11-16-2013, 01:00 AM
I would VERY much like this. It's something I've thought about, and it's something I really hope they take advantage of. They could even take the comedic route if that's what it would take to keep people entertained.

Like I told Silver, I would love to have some female/male foil who seems to be skilled at guiding him/her in the right direction. Sorta like Shade and Marina in Silverwing. We have Shade getting lost in the storm after Tree Haven is burned down and then we get to blast on Whale's Waterspouts but then that goes wrong.

Hell, I'm all for an Assassin's Creed game where the Assassinating is only done on the missions and the rest is just hub-style gameplay like outside the Animus/Mass Effect/Persona. Maybe that's stretching it but I can't think of a comedic scenario in which the character doesn't rob Apples. At least not at the moment. Though if they would take that route, having the character nearly killed (first chase sequence) and enter sobbing breakdown in an alley/woods (think the Butcher from FMA) would be such a stark contrast. Even worse than Ezio's family's death.

Megas_Doux
11-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Ahmet knew where the Library was. Ahmet thought the way to the Grand Temple was in there. Ahmet was wrong.

How does Ezio lead him to the Grand Temple?

The keys and the Temple aren't connected, so that doesn't matter and Ezio got them back anyway.

The people still didn't know about the Assassins.

You do not want to understand, do you?????

Yes!!!! I know the temple, the altair keys and his vault were NOT related. However, during the events of ACR, it was implied the contrary, that the Grand temple contained a weapon/tool of GREAT importance, which was said to end the war between the two factions, and yet Ezio handled it to Ahmet, having killed an assassin leader in the process.... Not because of pursuing freedom for the people of Constantinople, killing a templar target, or the best for the Brotherhood, but because he wanted the woman he loved safe, cant blame him though.

The mistakes are there, and it could have had HUGE implications.......,Which is my point, that Ezio, just like Connor, many times had their own agenda and made pretty dumb and risky decisions, the thing is that most of Connor fans acknowlegde that, is Ezio fandom who "forget" and are blindly oblivious to it. Which is kinda annoying and the WHOLE point of this discussion.

And do not get me wrong, I like Ezio, AC2 and ACR a lot.....

roostersrule2
11-16-2013, 02:43 AM
You do not want to understand, do you?????

Yes!!!! I know the temple, the altair keys and his vault were NOT related. However, during the events of ACR, it was implied the contrary, that the Grand temple contained a weapon/tool of GREAT importance, which was said to end the war between the two factions, and yet Ezio handled it to Ahmet, having killed an assassin leader in the process.... Not because of pursuing freedom for the people of Constantinople, killing a templar target, or the best for the Brotherhood, but because he wanted the woman he loved safe, cant blame him though.So Ezio hypothetically screwed up? Also how is giving someone something that would end conflict a bad thing? Yusuf didn't die because of Ezio giving the keys to Ahmet? Also he rectified what he did by getting them back, he also saved his woman. Ezio did rather nicely.

The mistakes are there, and it could have had HUGE implications.......,Which is my point, that Ezio, just like Connor, many times had their own agenda and made pretty dumb and risky decisions, the thing is that most of Connor fans acknowlegde that, is Ezio fandom who "forget" and are blindly oblivious to it. Which is kinda annoying and the WHOLE point of this discussion.

And do not get me wrong, I like Ezio, AC2 and ACR a lot.....I never said Ezio didn't have an agenda, I was just saying that Connor's and Ezio's stories were alike even if one was for revenge and the other for "justice". Connor fans acknowledge anything that puts Connor in a shining light. There was also only one or two people arguing about Connor's story was more agenda driven then Ezio's, hardly a whole fan base.

And don't get me wrong either, I like Connor.

Landruner
11-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Could we focus on a new Hero assassin?, past is past! lol!

Okay, here is an idea; I see a new hero assassin like a lady that was to team- up with another assassin male. So, two Assassin heroes.
The hero lady is determined, adventurer and does not hesitate to make decision and she is not afraid to take part of a good fight (She is like a piece of iron in a velvet glove) Think of Lara Croft, yes that kind of girl.
The other assassin male, he is an dandy very class and smart, he knows a lot and get resolve a lot of clues, and he helps her in her missions, he is a good fighter as well, but he is very elegant and both make a perfect duet of Assassin Hero, think of Haytham Kenway? kinda!.

Both have to investigate about their targets and resolving clues before getting them. Both can pair for a mission/memory block or sometime work separately depending of the scenario and the story, gameplay involve a lot of infiltration and could be played in co-play as well (Let the gameplay detail in another thread, perhaps that one? don't know)

Both heroes have sex appeal and have a lot of humor (They toss teases at each other depending of the situation, but have a perfect relationship and partnership for their goals).

This an idea of how some new kind of hero could come to the series. Humor, glamor and "badassery"

Gi1t
11-16-2013, 06:27 AM
Like I told Silver, I would love to have some female/male foil who seems to be skilled at guiding him/her in the right direction. Sorta like Shade and Marina in Silverwing. We have Shade getting lost in the storm after Tree Haven is burned down and then we get to blast on Whale's Waterspouts but then that goes wrong.

Wow, I never really expected to see a reference to Silverwing on these forums. :D I have to agree, that would be a great dynamic to add to AC, and it wouldn't feel like they're trying to rip off the Prince and Elika either since that's a totally different dynamic.

Spider_Sith9
11-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Wow, I never really expected to see a reference to Silverwing on these forums. :D I have to agree, that would be a great dynamic to add to AC, and it wouldn't feel like they're trying to rip off the Prince and Elika either since that's a totally different dynamic.

Yeah! I love that series! Shame I didn't read it since the AC2 times. :(

HiddenKiller612
11-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Edward was an Assassin before he even set sail for the indies... Not in title, but in personality. Sure he loved his drink and gambling... but he also had his own convictions and ideals. Like how he felt about Adewale, he essentially despised Slavery. He would never endorse the taking of a persons freedoms. Edward just was never entwined with the order until he set sail to become a Privateer and became a pirate. The love of riches may have been his motive in the beginning, but the strive to have a creed, a duty... To become a better man... That is what made him a perfect fit for the Order.

TheArcaneEagle
11-20-2013, 08:32 PM
You've just described Altair, who just did his job as an Assassin. Hell, he wasn't even born an Assassin. No one was. Not even Ezio despite himself being Master Assassin. They all had their reasons to become Assassins.

Altair = Duty + Job
Ezio = Revenge + Wisdom
Connor = Freedom
Aveline = Liberation
Edward = Glory + Fame

They all had their reasons to become an assassin and while it may not be strongly depicted in Black Flag, Edward joined the Order as an Assassin like all others and made a pretty damn good one too.

In my opinion, Altair (who was the closest 'true' assassin) had the least detail and character out of all the assassins and his reason to become one is also the least interesting.

So basically what I'm trying to say is that it is nice to know the reason why the character your playing as became an assassin. Edwards reason was as good as the other assassins. Except Altair because his one sucked XD.

thecodeman715
11-21-2013, 03:24 AM
I liked all of the AC Characters for different reasons.

Altair for his devotion, after he was expelled by Abbas, he returns from exile risking his life to restore the Order.
Ezio for his devotion to his family, instead of grieving over the loss he gets to the bottom of it, learning of the secret war and gives the rest of his life to help the order.
Conner for his help in giving the colonies liberation and having the strength to kill his own father to stop the Templars from succeeding.
Edward for trying to make his life and Caroline's better.
Adeline for trying to get to the bottom of her mother's disappearance.
Nikolai for having the guts to leave the order, because he stopped believing the order was always right.

I hate the fact that Edward became an Assassin in the last minutes of the game, UNLESS we see a sequel, which I would be okay with, just no more naval stuff, that got boring quick.

I'd also like to see a game with Adewale, Achillies, or Nikolai, for me that'd be awesome.

But back to the topic of the post, I don't like how when we played as Edward he wasn't an assassin. I would much prefer we play as a character who is an assassin during our gameplay, and one who also cares about the creed.

Of course, all of that is my opinion.