PDA

View Full Version : stuck in limited mode??

aaron2905
11-14-2013, 08:09 PM
i'm stuck in limited mode today and i dont know why because my internet is working fine,but i sold ac3 today so i dont know if that has something to do with it so please can someone help me

Kirokill
11-14-2013, 08:39 PM
As of this time the servers are down from Ubisoft. I asked two of my friends and they both cannot connect. And the info of why you can't go into online mode says the servers are down.

XSweet_RainX
11-15-2013, 01:00 AM
I'm having the same problem currently. But if the servers are down like you say, then people on my friends list shouldn't be playing the game and yet they are. So are the servers actually down or what?

monteiro416
11-15-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm having the same problem currently. But if the servers are down like you say, then people on my friends list shouldn't be playing the game and yet they are. So are the servers actually down or what?

It's looking like the servers are down for most people (including myself) but not for some.

BATISTABUS
11-15-2013, 07:16 AM
but i sold ac3 today so i dont know if that has something to do with it
That's it. Ubisoft is just pissed at you now.

aaron2905
11-15-2013, 07:46 AM
but a few days ago i played online and then poof its not working so i waited tried again this morning and i still cant get online i think i'm gonna call ubi

Bomberman65
11-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Yeah its happening to me but the weird thing is I log out of my main user (Im on PS3) and then go to a user that I set up a U.S account on and it works fine no issues. I'd like to know what the problem is cause I had a similar issue with AC3 MP. It cant just be the servers. It seems like theres a bigger issue here and its on ubi's end. I swear it has something to do with the uplay passport or uplay in general.
Cause if you look up the issue that AC3 MP had there was a huge elaborate work around but it worked no issues with the work around.

monteiro416
11-15-2013, 08:02 AM
but a few days ago i played online and then poof its not working so i waited tried again this morning and i still cant get online i think i'm gonna call ubi

So you haven't been able to get on for a few days?

I know today is an issue because of the PS4 release. But I don't see why you should have had an issue previously. Calling Ubi is probably your best bet.

DarkStar83x
11-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Was able to last night, but it doesn't want to let me on tonight. :(

Kirokill
11-15-2013, 10:03 AM
I wasn't able since yesterday. They might be trying to set new servers for the next gen and that might affected these servers. I'm not good at server things so I don't know.

DarkStar83x
11-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Well, tried a bunch of things, but nothing worked. I hope they get it together, but not too optimistic. Nothing I tried worked. Hopefully this brings some good results:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808565-The-official-Maintenance-Post?p=9376240#post9376240

Mr_Shade
11-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys,

If you still have issues - after the maintenance is completed - please contact support:

www.support.ubi.com

Val-Joe-Man
11-15-2013, 03:23 PM
It happened to me but the weird thing is that i logged in with my alt account which was signed in with usa country and i worked just fine but mine which is the main one is on uk .. I dont know whats going on and i am really pissed off .. Its friday

Aronsson81
11-15-2013, 04:52 PM
It is still happening to me also and now I've been waiting for 8 hours and still can't connect.. I did also contaact the support that the manager/admin linked.

I got an answer (in my language) but it was not the one I wanted basically...

The answer is like ,

Please confirm you PSN ID , Reboot your "modem/router" to see if it gets connected again.

When you come to limited mode you wont get automatically connected again so you have to manually clik "go online" again.
If you have further questions, please dont hesitate to contact us again so we can help you further out.

[I]Ubisoft Tech Support

johnkotzki
11-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Wow !
If I were you Aronsson81 , I would have raged like a mother*****er.This is just the most stupid answer I `ve ever seen from any technical support ever.

And yeah I am really pissed too, coz the servers are now offline for about 24 ours for europeans, and if this is so because of the ps4 realease in the U.S. ,one question everyone that bought the game for ps3 paid to get no multiplayer from now on, seriously its the freaking weekend and one thing you wanna do is play coz you finally got time after a hard week of work.

So please fix the servers and at least update us like every 6 hours whats going on
thx

eXpanium33
11-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Ubish1t my SC Blacklist crash on multiplayer online. Now AC IV servers are down for 24 HOURS :| what next? No solution no nothing. I don't give **** about AC release for american gamers i'm European and we must need better service from Ubi

Caboose_93
11-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Was able to last night, but it doesn't want to let me on tonight. :(

i know how you feel before i went to school yesterday it worked then when i got home 5 hours later i was stuck in limited mode, i'll try calling Ubisoft and see if they can fix it

Aronsson81
11-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Wow !
If I were you Aronsson81 , I would have raged like a mother*****er.This is just the most stupid answer I `ve ever seen from any technical support ever.

And yeah I am really pissed too, coz the servers are now offline for about 24 ours for europeans, and if this is so because of the ps4 realease in the U.S. ,one question everyone that bought the game for ps3 paid to get no multiplayer from now on, seriously its the freaking weekend and one thing you wanna do is play coz you finally got time after a hard week of work.

So please fix the servers and at least update us like every 6 hours whats going on
thx

Oh hoy mate! Ohh Yes , I've have indeed raged.. "alot" , not in my ticket though ;) I still try to be positive and professional...but ask my wife lol!
How long that works I really don't know.

I did however say that all my other games that supports MP are still working just fine and it is only Black flag MP that is not working.. and the maintenance was hours ago..

I also forgot to say in my other post that they also told me to reboot the console. In another thread (which it seems I can't find anymore) there was some FAQ problems which guided you to "test" the internet on the PS3 console.. but geeeeeez.....

I was happy though she asked for my PSN ID .. I'm only level 3 (could not get any further cause of this) but I could be banned or something right? ,, Oh right ..I'm joking but they could maybe see a problem withe account yes?

Time is now around 7.00 PM (swedish time = GMT+1)
and my ticket was around 1 PM....

And hello weekend!!!! -.-

MnemonicSyntax
11-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Wow, you guys act like Ubisoft owes you something. It's not like they're not working on it. Sitting here, posting insults and threats isn't going to make them go any faster. Be patient. Play a different game, go outside, watch TV.

And Expanium, there is no "better service" just because you're European. I'm in the US and I had the server issue for several days and received the same email that Aronsson did.

I wish, for a brief moment, that any of you worked in IT. It's not always just "turning it off and turning it back on again."

They will fix the issue, in the meantime find something more constructive to do.

Aronsson81
11-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Wow, you guys act like Ubisoft owes you something. It's not like they're not working on it. Sitting here, posting insults and threats isn't going to make them go any faster. Be patient. Play a different game, go outside, watch TV.

And Expanium, there is no "better service" just because you're European. I'm in the US and I had the server issue for several days and received the same email that Aronsson did.

I wish, for a brief moment, that any of you worked in IT. It's not always just "turning it off and turning it back on again."

They will fix the issue, in the meantime find something more constructive to do.

Hello sir syntax! , I can say for sure that I'm quite used to this kind of problems. Beeing a WoW player for many years and also been playing on consoles. With services that are kind of this, which is multiplayer (online) is born to have problems. This kind of thing is like a manufacture problem or interruption with you internet company.

Ofcourse! I'm patient. Even though, I did not recieve the answer that I actually wanted. Why I raged (in my home) were about the classical solution "reboot your internet modem" thing.

I told them in a professional kind of way that my modem and every other game that supports multiplayer works correctly. I did like the management here on this forums told some other guy what to do. It was simply like that to conctact support IF you STILL have problems with limited mode after the maintenance.

I can for sure play other games while waiting , or watch my tv (which I will do for an important football game ;))

To make this short... Problems will indeed happen to most things, Internet , modems, Firewalls, etc ..

I'm used to it, but .. As professional I could be with my kind of problem in the ticket and also the answer I got , I still can't see why they say "reboot your modem and console" when I basically already told them that everything works fine.

This means the problem should be on "there side" yes?

Now, with the launch for PS4 in NA and the small problems I heard about that, that the PSN is not working could also be something related to this problem yes?
Or something is interruped in the traffic?

A more clearly answer would be that the servers were down and after some reports we're investigating the problem that people are still stuck. Though , it seems it happened BEFORE the actual maintenance. Something is clearly wrong and as they said in there maintenance thread. We will keep you updated here on the maintenances affecting ACIV Multiplayer.

and still nothing makes me little worry..

Sorry if I just write very fast and not very understanding.. English is not my mothers tongue so to speak , I also speak 3 languages and learning a 4th one hehe :)

Hope you understand it or else I will edit my post.

-edit2- And YES !!! Im damn jealous of the NA (not US) that gets PS4 today)

aaron2905
11-15-2013, 07:40 PM
i think i know to problem,u have to be older then 16 and i''m 14 so i hope they do something about it

MnemonicSyntax
11-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello sir syntax! , I can say for sure that I'm quite used to this kind of problems. Beeing a WoW player for many years and also been playing on consoles. With services that are kind of this, which is multiplayer (online) is born to have problems. This kind of thing is like a manufacture problem or interruption with you internet company.

Ofcourse! I'm patient. Even though, I did not recieve the answer that I actually wanted. Why I raged (in my home) were about the classical solution "reboot your internet modem" thing.

I told them in a professional kind of way that my modem and every other game that supports multiplayer works correctly. I did like the management here on this forums told some other guy what to do. It was simply like that to conctact support IF you STILL have problems with limited mode after the maintenance.

I can for sure play other games while waiting , or watch my tv (which I will do for an important football game ;))

To make this short... Problems will indeed happen to most things, Internet , modems, Firewalls, etc ..

I'm used to it, but .. As professional I could be with my kind of problem in the ticket and also the answer I got , I still can't see why they say "reboot your modem and console" when I basically already told them that everything works fine.

This means the problem should be on "there side" yes?

Now, with the launch for PS4 in NA and the small problems I heard about that, that the PSN is not working could also be something related to this problem yes?
Or something is interruped in the traffic?

A more clearly answer would be that the servers were down and after some reports we're investigating the problem that people are still stuck. Though , it seems it happened BEFORE the actual maintenance. Something is clearly wrong and as they said in there maintenance thread. We will keep you updated here on the maintenances affecting ACIV Multiplayer.

and still nothing makes me little worry..

Sorry if I just write very fast and not very understanding.. English is not my mothers tongue so to speak , I also speak 3 languages and learning a 4th one hehe :)

Hope you understand it or else I will edit my post.

-edit2- And YES !!! Im damn jealous of the NA (not US) that gets PS4 today)

Excellent post, I wish more people had your mindset. :D

Landruner
11-15-2013, 08:19 PM

Since you mention you live in the US, when you go to a restaurant and the waiter/waitress gives you a terrible service...., will you live a tip to that person for bad service? I am not sure you will, and you will probably ever go to that restaurant because of its poor service you previously received neither. Even if you learned later that that server got fired or if that server was in formation, you won't give that restaurant another chance because you got disappointed.

Here that is exactly the same:

I am not coming after you, but Yes they do because most of the people there the ones that complain and that you reproach that Ubisoft owe them something, as respectable consumers they are bought their games between the range of $60 up to $250 minimum (depending of the editions they got and where they live) // (apart the Pirates LOL!):rolleyes:(Sorry Ubisoft, I had to do that correlation especially for a game with Pirates and what your PR that said about the PC users being all pirates, I could not resist making a bridge there)

Yes any respectable company such as Ubisoft with all the logistic for testing their products and their online dependencies before their initial retail releases must furnish a tangible product to their consumers post to the release date.
So, you have no exception to the rules concerning the trust between consumer and the product, and Ubisoft knows it, but still do it - People bought a game and they expect enjoying it upon its release that is all.

That includes Ubisoft and other companies in the video game industry.

People have the rights to be hard on them because as a commercial rules "consumer is always right".

MnemonicSyntax
11-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Since you mention you live in the US, when you go to a restaurant and the waiter/waitress gives you a terrible service...., will you live a tip to that person for bad service? I am not sure you will, and you will probably ever go to that restaurant because of its poor service you previously received neither. Even if you learned later that that server got fired or if that server was in formation, you won't give that restaurant another chance because you got disappointed.

Here that is exactly the same:

I am not coming after you, but Yes they do because most of the people there the ones that complain and that you reproach that Ubisoft owe them something, as respectable consumers they are bought their games between the range of $60 up to $250 minimum (depending of the editions they got and where they live) // (apart the Pirates LOL!):rolleyes:(Sorry Ubisoft, I had to do that correlation especially for a game with Pirates and what your PR that said about the PC users being all pirates, I could not resist making a bridge there)

Yes any respectable company such as Ubisoft with all the logistic for testing their products and their online dependencies before their initial retail releases must furnish a tangible product to their consumers post to the release date.
So, you have no exception to the rules concerning the trust between consumer and the product, and Ubisoft knows it, but still do it - People bought a game and they expect enjoying it upon its release that is all.

That includes Ubisoft and other companies in the video game industry.

People have the rights to be hard on them because as a commercial rules "consumer is always right".

This is completely wrong. Unfortunately computers aren't 100% perfect and will go down, regardless of all the extra coding and care taken into this.

Just because they're Ubi's servers doesn't mean it's Ubi's fault.

As for your restaurant analogy, are you going to sit there and scream and yell and get bent because the service was bad? That's the comparison here, nothing more.

And you're "not coming at me" because I find most of your posts hardly able to grasp the real issue at hand, much like this one. As it stands, I generally skip over your posts because they bring nothing to the table. If you're going to try to join the conversation, have some sort of knowledge to the points being made, like this one.

I'll repeat it again so you get it: Ranting and raving and swearing on an internet forum will get you no where. Ubisoft has already stated the issue is being worked on. Take the needless negativity elsewhere.

EDIT: Try working in IT for a day. One day. Point the finger at Ubisoft, but who knows what kind of servers they have. Ubisoft doesn't do hardware, so it could be something completely unrelated to Ubi's "control."

Landruner
11-15-2013, 10:51 PM
This is completely wrong. Unfortunately computers aren't 100% perfect and will go down, regardless of all the extra coding and care taken into this.

Just because they're Ubi's servers doesn't mean it's Ubi's fault.

As for your restaurant analogy, are you going to sit there and scream and yell and get bent because the service was bad? That's the comparison here, nothing more.

And you're "not coming at me" because I find most of your posts hardly able to grasp the real issue at hand, much like this one. As it stands, I generally skip over your posts because they bring nothing to the table. If you're going to try to join the conversation, have some sort of knowledge to the points being made, like this one.

I'll repeat it again so you get it: Ranting and raving and swearing on an internet forum will get you no where. Ubisoft has already stated the issue is being worked on. Take the needless negativity elsewhere.

EDIT: Try working in IT for a day. One day. Point the finger at Ubisoft, but who knows what kind of servers they have. Ubisoft doesn't do hardware, so it could be something completely unrelated to Ubi's "control."

Sorry, I was disagreeing with you and I am still, and you can't prevent me for disagreeing with you, this is a public forum, and I have the right to express myself toward what you and some other people write - I believe I can, could I?.
You have the to right to disagree with me, and I sorry that obviously you consider me as a negative person because my opinion was different than yours, or should I say, I should apologize for trying in making a point with you?
I was just trying to make a point with you, but obviously I was wrong since it is obviously pointless to make one with you, isn't? I mean, I do not know how many times since last weekend ,you came after me posting in trying to your input each time in arguing how to behave in a forum for whatever I could write interesting or not, even it was not concerning you directly. so, yes I apologize for trying to make one with you back, and sincerely I do because and obviously you want to be right, and I am obviously an ignorant to your regard.

Perhaps it would be diligent from your honor to considering that this forum is not only reserved to US users and/or Anglophones and perhaps, the "screaming", "yelling", "complaining" or else expressions you mentioned and reproach to me and some others... or for my part, my poor and uninteresting posts that bring noting on the table, it is perhaps that English is not our native languages, and it is the best way for us to manifest our communication to express ourselves, it does not mean we hate Ubisoft, if not no of us not would be there posting of that forum.
(Moderators on that forum are good at catching the trolls and the haters, and they know to make the difference and they don't need you to play the moderator for them)

I am personally French and artist of television, author & parodist and time to time, I get involved in some video games, and yes! I play video games, and get professionally involved and try to do the best I can in that industry because I like it.
I also try to do the best in explaining my feelings regarding a franchise I love in trying to make my points with sarcasms, humor, but I try to be truthfully honest and objective in my critics. (at least when I can keep it serious or condensed) and if you consider it from me as some "hate" toward the company or just "trolling" just because you think that "I hate Ubisoft" - that is wrong! (I usually get paid for saying or writing stupid stuff, and I don't get pay there, so, I keep what I do away from that forum, I come here as a fan, and like anyone that like those games, I talk with my heart)

I love this series as much as you do, I am sure and as much as games that company as to offer, Have a good day,
Sir Syntax

@Aaron2095: try to change you age in your PSN if it is possible, and try to see if the problem is not directly concerned with your PSN account...Lycka till

Bomberman65
11-15-2013, 11:03 PM
See the funny thing is is this exact same thing happened in AC3 MP and its still not working properly.
I swear it has something to do with the uplay and uplay passport system. Because if you look closely when its saying updating animus parameters ect then for a split second it will flash something about uplay or uplay passport. Its like its not recognizing our uplay passport or something.
If you go look up the limited mode issue for AC3 you will see what I mean.

Aronsson81
11-15-2013, 11:23 PM
@Landunner

I can for sure see you arguments about the waitress one.

But in my eyes it's not completely true. I can find myself most of the times sitting at that same table, same chair in a different day and get a happy service from the said watress.
Everyone can have a bad day but of course I can also see why I will never look back and leave. Once again , that's a strange argument about this thing. We're not "leaving" this thing.

as respectable consumers they are bought their games between the range of $60 up to $250 minimum (depending of the editions they got and where they live)

Yes, This is actually true. We buy it in a different price but we all should get the same thing yes? , A much better thing is to say .. We both buy 10 keyboards ,
For you all 10 is working like a charm .. for the second customer 7 / 10 is broken and 3 of these has a broken power cord.
Now I want to use my warranty to "fix these"
We both paid the same price and for same service yes?,

What I don't like and I know many other feels the same is the people on the Internet these days.
Ex; The famous World of Warcraft by Blizzard ..

They try to answer millions of people and to keep there online service up. They do like most companys do. The hire another company that are specialists in these kind of hosts.

If 1 service (aka server/realm) goes down it takes litterly a minute to within 5 and they get spit on .. yelled at ..whatever .. *input rest here*
I do rage also .. I remember the Final Fantasy launch by SE and what happaned? It was so much traffic on there servers so they could not handle it.

Ok , now I talk to much things from other companys.. Sorry for that.. What I meant is Ubisoft probably don't host everything themselves but as Mr Syntax says: "Try working in IT for a day. One day. Point the finger at Ubisoft, but who knows what kind of servers they have. Ubisoft doesn't do hardware, so it could be something completely unrelated to Ubi's "control."

Then for a final thing is I know Ubisoft is trying to figure out whats wrong.. though it seems like they have more coffee breaks then my own company ;)

PS; Do I rage ? Yes! I do , I do also but while on forums I try to stay positive and professional cause then maybe , just maybe I will get a fast and a professional answer back.

Happy weekend all and please lock the the door and throw the key away if you bought the PS4 today because im so jealous of you guys .. Myself have to wait for 2 more weeks which is atm really hard hehe ..

PS2; Ubisoft / Support / Admins etc , please give us more updates about the "stuck in limited mode" , we all love the game and now when it is released on PS4 we all just want to play even though we can't play with each other.

-eidt- Thank you Mr syntax (if I can call you that) for you'r kind words before! I preciate it :)

phoenix-force411
11-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Why would you sell yourself to the MP, you know with each one it gets worse!

Aronsson81
11-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Why would you sell yourself to the MP, you know with each one it gets worse!

We're not selling ourselves to MP mode. This kind of phrase usually comes from from a "CoD fan"

But then again , Why cant we "that are stuck" get to experience the same thing and game even if its online mode like everyone else?

If you check all my previous "AC" games , then I would only go for the MP trophies and then stop there .. But it does not matter ..I would like to play MP like most people. It's not to shabby afterall ..

It is one thing if you get banned in the MP but that's a so different thing we're talking about. :o

phoenix-force411
11-16-2013, 12:03 AM
We're not selling ourselves to MP mode. This kind of phrase usually comes from from a "CoD fan"

But then again , Why cant we "that are stuck" get to experience the same thing and game even if its online mode like everyone else?

If you check all my previous "AC" games , then I would only go for the MP trophies and then stop there .. But it does not matter ..I would like to play MP like most people. It's not to shabby afterall ..

It is one thing if you get banned in the MP but that's a so different thing we're talking about. :o
I don't have problems logging into it, but my second time ever logging into it, it froze my PS3. After that, I just hated it. It's like the ACR servers where if you enter too fast you could freeze.

Landruner
11-16-2013, 12:14 AM
@Landunner

I can for sure see you arguments about the waitress one.

But in my eyes it's not completely true. I can find myself most of the times sitting at that same table, same chair in a different day and get a happy service from the said watress.
Everyone can have a bad day but of course I can also see why I will never look back and leave. Once again , that's a strange argument about this thing. We're not "leaving" this thing.

Yes, This is actually true. We buy it in a different price but we all should get the same thing yes? , A much better thing is to say .. We both buy 10 keyboards ,
For you all 10 is working like a charm .. for the second customer 7 / 10 is broken and 3 of these has a broken power cord.
Now I want to use my warranty to "fix these"
We both paid the same price and for same service yes?,

What I don't like and I know many other feels the same is the people on the Internet these days.
Ex; The famous World of Warcraft by Blizzard ..

They try to answer millions of people and to keep there online service up. They do like most companys do. The hire another company that are specialists in these kind of hosts.

If 1 service (aka server/realm) goes down it takes litterly a minute to within 5 and they get spit on .. yelled at ..whatever .. *input rest here*
I do rage also .. I remember the Final Fantasy launch by SE and what happaned? It was so much traffic on there servers so they could not handle it.

Ok , now I talk to much things from other companys.. Sorry for that.. What I meant is Ubisoft probably don't host everything themselves but as Mr Syntax says: "Try working in IT for a day. One day. Point the finger at Ubisoft, but who knows what kind of servers they have. Ubisoft doesn't do hardware, so it could be something completely unrelated to Ubi's "control."

Then for a final thing is I know Ubisoft is trying to figure out whats wrong.. though it seems like they have more coffee breaks then my own company ;)

PS; Do I rage ? Yes! I do , I do also but while on forums I try to stay positive and professional cause then maybe , just maybe I will get a fast and a professional answer back.

Happy weekend all and please lock the the door and throw the key away if you bought the PS4 today because im so jealous of you guys .. Myself have to wait for 2 more weeks which is atm really hard hehe ..

PS2; Ubisoft / Support / Admins etc , please give us more updates about the "stuck in limited mode" , we all love the game and now when it is released on PS4 we all just want to play even though we can't play with each other.

-eidt- Thank you Mr syntax (if I can call you that) for you'r kind words before! I preciate it :)

I actually have a sincere admiration for your patience, and if you are really under 16 years old, you sure show a great maturity for you age (trust me it comes from an old timer). I just hope that your problem could be resolved - Ty to see on the PSN side if it is not the problem, and review your account setting if not done already, and if it is not the case, Ubisoft does have a good follow up if those issues (Somewhat) - Hopefully, it is not a Diablo 3 error 37 LOL!!!

Landruner
11-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't have problems logging into it, but my second time ever logging into it, it froze my PS3. After that, I just hated it. It's like the ACR servers where if you enter too fast you could freeze.

Apparently, I saw somewhere that Ubisoft has a problem with connection issues with one system console, now we know which one it is.

Aronsson81
11-16-2013, 11:40 AM
I actually have a sincere admiration for your patience, and if you are really under 16 years old, you sure show a great maturity for you age (trust me it comes from an old timer). I just hope that your problem could be resolved - Ty to see on the PSN side if it is not the problem, and review your account setting if not done already, and if it is not the case, Ubisoft does have a good follow up if those issues (Somewhat) - Hopefully, it is not a Diablo 3 error 37 LOL!!!

Thank you. No, I'm not 16 years old. I'm actually 32 (it was someone else that said something about 16)
And yes, I do still have the same problem ..
I remember that D3 error lol :)

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Hi guys,

The servers should be fine - so if you are stuck in Limited mode - and have downloaded the Uplay passport etc to unlock online fully, please contact support.

If others can play fine and you are stuck in Limited Mode - then something is different, either for your account, or your hardware.

I don't want you guys waiting for a 'magic fix' - since it might not happen if it's a local issue or related to your account, so please contact support and make sure they are aware and get them to look into your issue.

And YES - they will ask you to try simple things at the start, since they won't be aware of steps you may have already taken or your knowledge of networks etc, so please follow what they say, but do tell them if it does not work - they will then try something else.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

Landruner
11-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Thank you. No, I'm not 16 years old. I'm actually 32 (it was someone else that said something about 16)
And yes, I do still have the same problem ..
I remember that D3 error lol :)

Ah I am sorry, I thought wrongly (and read wrongly, I need my glasses:rolleyes:) - I thought it was perhaps a problem directly with your PSN and age set-up which could have make sense, my mistake (I am getting to old friend, I am almost 2 decade above you, LOL) - I am a papy there, I believe! LOL! I sincerely hope your problem can be resolved soon.

Aronsson81
11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Mr Shade.

If I can recall the forums here use GMT+1?
Anyways , this morning we get an update from Ubi-Valentine and it is now a sticky; -> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808845-For-players-stuck-in-limited-mode

Hello Assassins,

Many of our PS3 players have been recently complaining about being stuck in limited mode since thursday. We want you to know that we are currently investigatng the issue.
Our preliminary reports seem to indicate that players that redeemed the Uplay Passport are not stuck in limited mode, while those who did not are affected by the issue.
You'll find a detailed explanation on how to activate your uplay passport by following this link.
We are looking for a way to fix this issue, meanwhile we apologize for the trouble.

Now it is 8.30 PM (GMT+1) for me so , the time of your post was around 1h ago or something.

I did however contact support as you told me and others some days ago. I got one quick answer then nothing. Support only work during weeks correct?
That means I have to wait until Monday?

I'm sorry but I'm confused now. Many of us had this problem since Nov, 13 and here we still are. We "customers" tried to do a lot of things. Rebooting, Uninstall, Redownload the uplay passport etc ,

The AC4 MP was also working just fine for everyone until this 13th day this month. Then just suddenly it affects people, and more reports are incoming. It could be a hardware issue yes , but I find it really hard to believe.
Account issue would be more correct but then I ask you and myself. Why do we all get this problem exactly the same day?
It is not our fault if we all get the problem on that day and forward.

Only this is proof that something happened on Ubisofts side.

edit2; I forgot to mention that this problem is not local , It affects me in Sweden , people in France and also people in US

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Mr Shade.

If I can recall the forums here use GMT+1?
Anyways , this morning we get an update from Ubi-Valentine and it is now a sticky; -> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808845-For-players-stuck-in-limited-mode

Hello Assassins,

Many of our PS3 players have been recently complaining about being stuck in limited mode since thursday. We want you to know that we are currently investigatng the issue.
Our preliminary reports seem to indicate that players that redeemed the Uplay Passport are not stuck in limited mode, while those who did not are affected by the issue.
You'll find a detailed explanation on how to activate your uplay passport by following this link.
We are looking for a way to fix this issue, meanwhile we apologize for the trouble.

Now it is 8.30 PM (GMT+1) for me so , the time of your post was around 1h ago or something.

I did however contact support as you told me and others some days ago. I got one quick answer then nothing. Support only work during weeks correct?
That means I have to wait until Monday?

I'm sorry but I'm confused now. Many of us had this problem since Nov, 13 and here we still are. We "customers" tried to do a lot of things. Rebooting, Uninstall, Redownload the uplay passport etc ,

The AC4 MP was also working just fine for everyone until this 13th day this month. Then just suddenly it affects people, and more reports are incoming. It could be a hardware issue yes , but I find it really hard to believe.
Account issue would be more correct but then I ask you and myself. Why do we all get this problem exactly the same day?
It is not our fault if we all get the problem on that day and forward.

Only this is proof that something happened on Ubisofts side.
Hi,

That post was a general alert post - and saying what the early tests have found - if you do not fit into that criteria - you need to be talking to support too.

The servers should be working fine - they have been restarted etc and checks made, in fact many are playing OK, so while I can see you may think it's server related - it's possible it's not, so rather than wait for a 'fix' - it's best to be proactive and contact support.

Some have found that there have been problems with their Uplay account, which once corrected - have allowed them to play, so it's not a simple case of pointing to the servers as the issue.

I'm not saying it's going to be your account that is the issue, but it needs to be checked and troubleshooting done, so we can rule that out.

Support can take unto 48 hours to reply - which is why it's important to contact them as soon as the issue arises, than wait and see.

Quick edit:

As you can see here - someone found that another account on the Console - worked fine.. so it could be account related, so needs checking!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/808393-Can-t-connect-to-Ubisoft-services-limited-mode?p=9379144&viewfull=1#post9379144

Aronsson81
11-16-2013, 09:05 PM
I see. But now that post feels misleading. First it is "looking into the issue" and now it is general alert post?
Thank you for you explain though.

I never said it was "server related" , just the connection MP overall.
Which has also been told in numerous threads/posts

I do believe it could be my account hence why I contacted the support immedietly which gave me a quick answer about , reboot you modem.
Now I ask myself again that why did not the support check my account immedietly when I already told them that my internet and everything else is fine except AC4?

Patience my friend, patience you may say. I do have patience. Im just confused :nonchalance:

And once again. Do the support people work during weekends? or only mon-fri?

aaron2905
11-16-2013, 09:50 PM
guys i know to problem i think u have to change your uplay password to get online again i got a message via my mail so try that

Mr_Shade
11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
I see. But now that post feels misleading. First it is "looking into the issue" and now it is general alert post?
Thank you for you explain though.

I never said it was "server related" , just the connection MP overall.
Which has also been told in numerous threads/posts

I do believe it could be my account hence why I contacted the support immedietly which gave me a quick answer about , reboot you modem.
Now I ask myself again that why did not the support check my account immedietly when I already told them that my internet and everything else is fine except AC4?

Patience my friend, patience you may say. I do have patience. Im just confused :nonchalance:

And once again. Do the support people work during weekends? or only mon-fri?

I'm only posting common sense ideas, nothing official - however pointing out something people maybe missing [so forgive me]

It's a general alert that they are looking into the problem as posted - but appears they have found it should work for people with the Uplay Passport - and are fixing the issue for people without one - according to that post?

You have the passport - and it's not working? [correct me if wrong?]

So, you need to make sure to check with support - since it maybe a different but related issue.

Many are saying it's a server issue - so I said that as a 'catch all' - since others will be reading my posts.

The fact it could be account related - would only be checked after any connection issues are checked first - since there is a general issue with 'limited mode' - which they are currently checking, they would need to wait for that to complete - otherwise they are waisting your time.

Support have a turn around time of unto 48 hours - They do work at the weekend for web support in many regions, however they ask you wait 48 hours for any reply.

And as posted above - some have found that a simple password change - fixes the issue - so again, maybe an account issue, rather than something 'external' that can be fixed remotely by Ubisoft, so worth considering.

Aronsson81
11-16-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm only posting common sense ideas, nothing official - however pointing out something people maybe missing [so forgive me]

It's a general alert that they are looking into the problem as posted - but appears they have found it should work for people with the Uplay Passport - and are fixing the issue for people without one - according to that post?

You have the passport - and it's not working? [correct me if wrong?]

So, you need to make sure to check with support - since it maybe a different but related issue.

Many are saying it's a server issue - so I said that as a 'catch all' - since others will be reading my posts.

The fact it could be account related - would only be checked after any connection issues are checked first - since there is a general issue with 'limited mode' - which they are currently checking, they would need to wait for that to complete - otherwise they are waisting your time.

Support have a turn around time of unto 48 hours - They do work at the weekend for web support in many regions, however they ask you wait 48 hours for any reply.

And as posted above - some have found that a simple password change - fixes the issue - so again, maybe an account issue, rather than something 'external' that can be fixed remotely by Ubisoft, so worth considering.

Hi Sir! Im sorry if I was "lost" in the fog and were confused. Now I actually see more clearly what you meant before.

Yes sir, I have the passport and been using it since release day. I did however try out quick MP to take a break from SP (which is awesome by the way)
It did connect as normal and with no problem until 3 days ago. It actually loading / syncing etc , then right before the "menu" I get instant "Ubisoft services are not available"
then it loads little more and I end up in Limited mode and the explonation why.
I did like some others did , Uninstall the game and install it again , same thing with upla pass which I redownload on PSN

I fully understand why now , sorry if I did not do that before.

About this password change , do you mean uPlay? , I did change it but I'm playing on the PS3 console and I never get "login" thing. Or do I have to manually login somehow?

EDIT;

Ok! I'm lucky too have 2 PSN accounts because I used to have a fat box back in the days but after that I upgraded to slim (which gave me a free psn account)

Now after several problems I manage to log in to that account. I did NOTHING else. Just a normal login to PSN and booted the game.
At this time I had to "log in to uplay" , I enter the email and password and guess what .. It worked almost instantly.

The servers are up as Mr Shade said and there was no problem for me. Level 1 but still it worked like a charm.

Back to "main account" now and once again I'm forced to log in to uplay (because I was logged in to 2nd account) and guess what..
Instant Limited mode once again...

So I can confirm it is not a problem with "ubisoft servers" It is your account you'r playing on as Mr Shade were talking about. Why? I have no idea.
I also tried to change the password and booted it as before and 2nd account works with no problem but once again back to my main I get booted to limited immedietly.

So basically what others can do now is to contact the support and tell them to investigate your account and your problem. I'm still waiting for my ticket also but atleast I can do something on the 2nd account while waiting... start from level 1 is not fun but it's something to do while waiting.

aaron2905
11-17-2013, 08:55 PM
i got in multiplayer 2 hours ago,so i think its works for everybody