PDA

View Full Version : AC4 - Next Gen Console?

Hofner Chris
11-14-2013, 04:15 PM
AC4 has arrived on next gen consoles. So, what's your preference? XBOX ONE or PS4?

flyin-bart
11-14-2013, 04:50 PM
PS4

I should get the game next week...........the console......that's another story :nonchalance:

SneakierNote
11-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Xbox One for the win IMO. The controler is very light weight, more responsive and the wireless controler has a hidden battery pack. The design and look IMO is much better then the PS4. I have already fully paied for my Xbox One I will be buying AC4 again and playing through the entire game again. When boarding a Man O' War for example on Xbox One the graphics and epic fights when taking the bigger ships will be amazing I bet.

I will also be buying Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Games). My second game for Xbox One would of been Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Games) but it's sadly not finished yet. : (

Bastiaen
11-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Xbox One. I'm actually waiting to play it on next gen. I'll also be getting Ryse Son of Rome.

OHIC
11-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Neither. I'll get my next gen experiences on PC for now.

XO has the best UI, and I use Win8.1 and a Windows Phone so the integration will be good for me (though of course it'll hook up with any smartphone in much the same way eventually). PS4 appears to be technically better in the box.

However, neither machine is crying out to be bought right now. If the Steam Machines were available immediately, they'd be far and away the best choice of console, and only great exclusives can make the Sony/MS choices viable. On that, I tend to prefer Sony's leaning towards prettiness and emotional games to the XBox's glum macho USA-centric offerings. So if I was given a voucher to spend on one next gen console this month, I expect I'd grudgingly use it for a PS4, although I'd always be missing that UI and the ability to combine my TV, games and a Skype line through the living room TV.

pacmanate
11-14-2013, 06:46 PM
You don't want it on Xbox One. Its either 720p or 900p and looks ****ty apparently.

OHIC
11-14-2013, 06:49 PM
and looks ****ty apparently.

I doubt that, since the game isn't dramatically different between current and next gen. There's no way the XO is somehow worse than current gen, so I'll chalk that one up to brand war gibberish.

TheArcaneEagle
11-14-2013, 07:06 PM
I doubt that, since the game isn't dramatically different between current and next gen. There's no way the XO is somehow worse than current gen, so I'll chalk that one up to brand war gibberish.

No he is right, XO has a chance of being 720p like it was with Ghosts and BF4, but your right it won't be worse than current gen obviously.

OHIC
11-14-2013, 07:19 PM
No he is right, XO has a chance of being 720p like it was with Ghosts and BF4, but your right it won't be worse than current gen obviously.

Even at 720p - if that happens - it'll still be using DX11.2 effects so it should look nice on the living room TV.

I'm pretty unhappy with both the lead consoles on the technical side. Sony fans can crow all they want, but to be barely scraping 1080p 60fps is nothing to be cheering about, on a console that's allegedly going to last ten years. Both XO and PS4 will obviously have huge improvements over time through coding quality, although perhaps not as dramatic as the ones we saw between the start and end of the last gen. I suppose at least the XO has a proper plan in place for a cloud-assisted future, once we have better broadband infrastructure.

I might never buy either of these systems, but I really wanted the next gen to be outstanding in order to allow my PC games to be let off the leash. Apparently the new gen has been released a few years too early for the components they really need could become sufficiently affordable. Anybody looking to these boxes for graphics is obviously looking in the wrong place! All I can hope for now is that a true next gen of Steam Machines, maybe the second run, will enjoy a surge in interest in a few years' time.

SleezeRocker
11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
If I were to pick up a new console it be AC4 but that won't happen for awhile i'm sure. just MAYBE I'd pick one up by when MGS5 comes