PDA

View Full Version : Sitting on a bench

czeuch
11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
I've been trying to adapt to the new variety system, however there something very bad with benches. First of all, they don't get priority, so if there is a crowd passing by, you'll be hidden instead in bench position. Then sometimes you can't sit very easily on it. To make things worse, when some is stunned or killed nearby, the NPCs are surprised and then the confusion occurs again, can't sit on it

My target was just stunned in front of a bench, NPCs get up scared, I try to sit, but no, I stay there standing. Then I force the sit, and try to kill my target, but by this time another rusher killed him.

Am I the only one which have this "issue"?

DeanOMiite
11-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I haven't had this problem. If there's a crowd passing by though and you move through it to get a kill after getting off the bench, then that makes sense that you'd get a hidden instead of a bench kill. To get a bench, you have to either still be sitting on it or have taken (just estimating here) no more than two or three steps after standing up. As far as actually sitting on a bench, if you're high profile it won't let you sit on it. If it's full, you have to walk into the bench holding B or circle or whatever to make a person stand up. I don't know what to tell you otherwise though, I've never had a problem actually taking a seat on the bench.

czeuch
11-14-2013, 04:48 PM
About the crowd, what I meant is that if you are trying to sit but a crowd is passing by, you be included in the crowd and you'll start moving with them, rather them actually sitting on them bench -_-

I wasn't high profile because I didn't want to screw my approach. I got the the bench and I was standing there instead of sitting. It took like 2 or 3 seconds to sit. That's too much time.
Maybe it's because I was in a rush to get this bench kill. I don't way. I'll continue to track this and se how it goes.

lBamitsMichael
11-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I understand your pain, 10 seconds left and I'm sitting on a bench. My target walks by and gets stunned. " Oh yeah, this will boost me into 1st place! " I thought, but nooo. Someone got killed and I got up off of the bench all scared and couldn't get the kill >.<

czeuch
11-14-2013, 05:29 PM
This new NPC scared stuff is lame, why did they do that?

They changed a bit too much things in AC4. If at least fixed the bugs rather then changing the game mechanics...

Localist2012
11-15-2013, 03:42 AM
I hold circle to push NPCs out of the way when I go and sit on a bench. Works pretty good.

phoenix-force411
11-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Trying to incorporate citizen reaction with a broken game makes it even more broken, I'd rather play a copy & paste ACB onto ACIV more! :-D

Carbiner
11-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Bench kills are hard to get, that's how it has always been. Grab kills used to be a sort of artful thing back in the day as well, at least now bench kills have some comparable value; obviously grabs became pretty generic after ACR.