PDA

View Full Version : Will this game have proper SLI scalling?

brotherofmetal
11-14-2013, 08:47 AM
And hopefully I do not get referred to technical support.

As the title implies, my question refers to SLI support. Will this game have the correct SLI scalling? I know the current drivers have an SLI profile for the game, however, I distinctly remember Assassin's Creed 3 having an SLI profile before launch as well, but not the right performance. It took some collaboration with nVidia (assuming incompetence in communication from both sides) AFTER the game launched in order to finally truly utilize SLI correctly, as the performance scaling was simply not there at first.

I really hope AC4 doesn't suffer from the same issue.

brotherofmetal
11-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Bump.

Can I get an official response?

DFogz
11-15-2013, 04:32 AM
I'd be interested to know as well. I'm using two GTX660's and hope I won't have any problems using them both

brotherofmetal
11-16-2013, 07:38 AM
I'd be interested to know as well. I'm using two GTX660's and hope I won't have any problems using them both

Yes, agree'd. But I don't think Ubisoft cares enough to answer these questions on their own message board.

IDefectedI
11-16-2013, 09:17 PM
I have 2 GTX 780s ready to go for AC:4, but I doubt the performance will be satisfactory. :( Why do I have this bad feeling PC version will be plagued with stuttering and hitching?

thekyle0
11-16-2013, 11:32 PM
I have 2 GTX 780s ready to go for AC:4, but I doubt the performance will be satisfactory. :( Why do I have this bad feeling PC version will be plagued with stuttering and hitching?
Experience?

brotherofmetal
11-17-2013, 01:09 AM

I have the same gut feeling as well.

We can assume the same if one looks at how AC3 launched on PC. Complete and udder lack of SLI performance scaling. Sure it got patched and drivers got updated, but this was well after the game came out.

IDefectedI
11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Experience?

Sorry I don't understand?

IDefectedI
11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
I have the same gut feeling as well.

We can assume the same if one looks at how AC3 launched on PC. Complete and udder lack of SLI performance scaling. Sure it got patched and drivers got updated, but this was well after the game came out.

It will come to a shock if AC:4 runs good. Without high hopes I can't be letdown by AC:4 performance.