PDA

View Full Version : uPlay Question

P1tchB1ack356
11-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Hello! I've recently just pre ordered ACIV Black Flag for PC on the uPlay launcher and was curious as to if it will appear in my games library on the 19th or what? Thank you!

Bahjabroni
11-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Hello! I've recently just pre ordered ACIV Black Flag for PC on the uPlay launcher and was curious as to if it will appear in my games library on the 19th or what? Thank you!

Yep, preorders dont show until officially released. Many people don't realize this and Ubi doesnt do a great job of communicating issues like this, so its understandable you asking. I did the first time I pre-ordered on uPlay.

It may not show automatically though. With Splinter Cell Blacklist, us that pre-ordered had to go into our order histories and redeem a key that was added to the invoice shortly after. Only then did we have the ability to DL. Basically, if it doesnt pop automatically on its own, dont flip out. Just check your order history and look for the activation key and then activate it in the uPlay client. That also may not appear exactly at the time of release. My Blacklist key showed up about 20 minutes after and some people it took a little while longer.

Also:

a. Do not expect to play it at midnight on release day. Just like Steam with most of their new releases, it wont be available to DL until 10am PST. The Blacklist release was delayed by 1 hour, so it was actually 11am PST when that was finally available. This tends to disappoint a lot of people.

b. Do not expect a pre-load. uPlay has never had that ability AFAIK. So basically, when it releases you're stuck downloading the 16-20 GBs at that time and then you still have to install it.

I noticed that the PC version was "leaked" onto the internet today, so I'm hoping Ubi decides to bump the release day up, but I would be surprised if they did that.