PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: BF PS3 - The Leaderboards are Worthless

Amthyre
11-13-2013, 09:13 PM
The leader boards are crap. The person currently holding the number one spot on the most profitable board has earned over several billion reals. I couldn't figure out how that was possible until I watched a video on youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3iO-5IG9Xs ). It also explains how players had over 20,000 assassinations for the first community event -- modded consoles. It's a real shame to know the majority of the top ranks are being held by gamers with modded consoles. It's easy to determine which players hold these spots. Their numbers are excessive -- even for someone with way too much time on their hands.

It would be nice to see how I really measure up against other legitimite players. But, I see now that that will never happen. It's obvious that Ubisoft will never do anything about it.

Landruner
11-13-2013, 09:49 PM
The leader boards are crap. The person currently holding the number one spot on the most profitable board has earned over several billion reals. I couldn't figure out how that was possible until I watched a video on youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3iO-5IG9Xs ). It also explains how players had over 20,000 assassinations for the first community event -- modded consoles. It's a real shame to know the majority of the top ranks are being held by gamers with modded consoles. It's easy to determine which players hold these spots. Their numbers are excessive -- even for someone with way too much time on their hands.

It would be nice to see how I really measure up against other legitimite players. But, I see now that that will never happen. It's obvious that Ubisoft will never do anything about it.

Yep!!! everybody board their "chips" - everybody takes your picks and forks against those damned and bloody Pirates that pirated that Pirates game - No quarter Piracy should be punished and only real Pirates should be on the leader board! LOL! - Joke apart, yes you are right.

Ps: The sarcastic part if that Youtube user is called Call of Duty: Ghost....hahahhaha!

dxsxhxcx
11-13-2013, 10:15 PM
Piracy on consoles? Preposterous, this only happens on PC!

silvermercy
11-13-2013, 10:21 PM
This is a bit of a turn off indeed... For the first time this year, I was thinking to try and get the highest score I could, even buying the strategy guide to help me, but now it looks a bit pointless... :/

FrankieSatt
11-13-2013, 10:40 PM
This is why I don't bother much with Multiplayer games. You will never be able to get rid of the cheaters and trying to compete online is worthless if you can't stop them.

phoenix-force411
11-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Why do you care about Leaderboards? I never really seemed to care about them since I like to go at my own pace, but yeah. modded consoles. Total "a" holes. Should be banned forever....

Landruner
11-13-2013, 11:44 PM
Piracy on consoles? Preposterous, this only happens on PC!

Are you serious or sarcastic????

Landruner
11-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Why do you care about Leaderboards? I never really seemed to care about them since I like to go at my own pace, but yeah. modded consoles. Total "a" holes. Should be banned forever....
@Phenix?:rolleyes: but let him care if he/she likes caring about it!:p Ubisoft certainly implanted this for the one(s) that wanted to be in competition for the social club feature, I think? I did not really care myself

Landruner
11-13-2013, 11:54 PM
This is a bit of a turn off indeed... For the first time this year, I was thinking to try and get the highest score I could, even buying the strategy guide to help me, but now it looks a bit pointless... :/

Seriously Silver, you know what you can do, (if you were not joking) You just take ten friends that play the game and you try to be on the top of them - Btw you are getting a PS4, right?

RzaRecta357
11-14-2013, 12:04 AM
So I suppose this won't happen right away come Friday for those of us upgrading.. We'll get an actual shot at it for real.

silvermercy
11-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Seriously Silver, you know what you can do, (if you were not joking) You just take ten friends that play the game and you try to be on the top of them - Btw you are getting a PS4, right?
I don't have 10 friends who play BF. lol Yes, I'm getting PS4 before Christmas hopefully!

pacmanate
11-14-2013, 12:28 AM

triple posting noob.

Danerius xDAx
11-14-2013, 11:32 PM
Ugghh this exists on Xbox 360 as well. Seriously there's thousands of people who seem to feel the need to get something like 200,000,000,000 Reals which you will never ever need. I have earned something like a total of 1,000,000 reals by sinking ships and selling goods. I'm currently at 550,000 Reals, honestly earned, at something like 3500th place for most properous pirate worldwide, 93rd for regional. I've finished the campaign when I was at around 300,000 Reals. The only reason I kept attacking ships was to bolster my fleet so that I could finish the remaining missions and unlock locations. Very annoying that after something like two days of play before the official release date that I can't even keep up. There's no real point to leaderboards for this game.

Landruner
11-15-2013, 12:15 AM
triple posting noob.

What? triple post where? Why am I a noob? Are you trolling? It is forbidden to post 3 different posts to 3 different users in a row? Please, let me know, thank you.

Blackhawk_McCoy
11-29-2013, 07:20 AM
I too have a problem with the leaderboards. It said I was #10920 before the patch came out last week, and then suddenly it said I was #4 on the Deadliest Assassin's list (Mind you there is no way I made that many assassinations!) I don't know if it's a hack or a cheat, as it happened only after I updated. (As of today, it still says I'm like #10, when I shouldn't be.)
I have the 500GB PS3 that came in a bundle with COD Black Ops and have never attempted a mod or cheat. (I think it's the patch!)

Syr.Jake
11-29-2013, 03:26 PM
I don't have 10 friends who play BF. lol Yes, I'm getting PS4 before Christmas hopefully!

Stick your name on one of the, or all of, the many threads looking for friends, and you will be flooded with friend requests.