PDA

View Full Version : The Moby **** Dilemma

BMoattari
11-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey all,

As the title so aptly suggests, I'm wondering about (you guessed it) the white whale. Can it really only be found while connected to the Internet? Because honestly, I don't want to spend 20,000R x3 just to craft the whaler outfit. That, and I've heard it's way too difficult to bother hunting at all.

There's that, and my curiosity with the random turtles located on some islands that can be killed, but not skinned. It makes me feel terrible whenever I kill them, because I never get anything from doing so.

Thanks in advance!

SenseHomunculus
11-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey all,

As the title so aptly suggests, I'm wondering about (you guessed it) the white whale. Can it really only be found while connected to the Internet? Because honestly, I don't want to spend 20,000R x3 just to craft the whaler outfit. That, and I've heard it's way too difficult to bother hunting at all.

There's that, and my curiosity with the random turtles located on some islands that can be killed, but not skinned. It makes me feel terrible whenever I kill them, because I never get anything from doing so.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you have to be online to get a community event/challenge, which the white whale is.

Once you get into the game, you'll be looking for ways to spend your spare Reals. I'm 65% through and have about 400K saved up. I never made the whaler outfit, just sold the skins.

Hunting/harpooning anything isn't hard at all.

On the turtles: so... then DON'T kill them, maybe?

MnemonicSyntax
11-14-2013, 04:10 AM
The white whale isn't difficult, just time consuming. Even with completely leveled up harpoons, he needs a good 25-30 to shake him down, providing you don't miss.

Ironic that, you want to craft the whaler outfit but won't go hunting/harpooning...

BMoattari
11-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Ironic that, you want to craft the whaler outfit but won't go hunting/harpooning...

Yeah, I was actually wondering because I don't have Internet connection at this time, so it would have been great if white whales showed up regardless. :(