PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Crashing

liam1315
11-13-2013, 07:08 PM
After playing the first few moments of the game i get to the part where you sail the boat out of the Bay, at the end of that scene where the woman starts talking the screen blacks out and then the game crashes anyone got a fix ? (PC Version)

Mr_Shade
11-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi,

Please contact support - www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

It's possible that it maybe fixed in an update, which is yet to be released, so please double check with them.

OHIC
11-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Mr_Shade: does this mean the PC version is actually available somewhere? I thought we still had at least two more weeks to go?

JarekKorczynski
11-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Sad to read about that issue, yet, is it the PC version out already?
Are preorders actually released prior to the official release day?

Back on July 22nd when I received my order confirmation email from ubishop.support it wrote:
"Platform: PC
pre-ordered release date: Thu Nov 14 00:00:00 CST 2013"

Hikuran
11-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Odd, in UK it will be released on Nov.18, and in HK We can buy it in retail shop yesterday....

guardian_titan
11-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Games are typically shipped before release to arrive on the day of release. Sometimes they arrive early as a result. Not all retailers will ship early, though. Some might not ship until the release date resulting in you getting the game after release. Other times, retailers may accidentally put the game up for sale early or release preorders out a bit early. So in some areas the game is likely out already. The console version similarly was released early in some areas and some who preordered had their's shipped to them early. So can't say it's too surprising some have the PC version now, but the crashing is a bit worrisome. Hopefully the day 1 patch fixes the issues, otherwise the PC gamers won't be happy.

I actually kind of figured the PC version would get leaked early judging from the console version. :p I'd never expect a digital version of a game to be released early unless someone hacked the servers or some guy accidentally flagged the game for release early. In fact, I know Steam tends to release games late as in roughly around noon PST the day of rather than at midnight. Not sure on other digital services. EA's Origin tends to do the same thing but unlocks the game around 9 PST but sometimes as late as noon. You want a game early, always get the hard copy. Never buy digital. With games (console and PC) moving to digital distribution, won't be too long before early releases are rare and far between. Digital's nice since you have fewer boxes lying around and no CD/DVD that gets scratched, but the early releases feel like an early Christmas. :(

JarekKorczynski
11-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Well, the official release date for my country is set for November 21st, I doubt the info I was given back in July can be trusted.

PS: The good old uncle google lead me to places where the game crashing shortly after sailing out of the bay is pretty well explained. Poor souls experiencing the problem will need to wait for a better quality crack AC4BFSP.exe... Well, As you make your bed so you must lie on it... *******es...

Bahjabroni
11-14-2013, 12:51 AM
Mr_Shade: does this mean the PC version is actually available somewhere? I thought we still had at least two more weeks to go?

I believe retail has it already in some regions. It's also been "leaked" illegally.

OHIC
11-14-2013, 02:18 AM
I believe retail has it already in some regions. It's also been "leaked" illegally.

Ah. I now realise my "two weeks" is a bit of an overestimation too! I've lost track of time completely. Amazon says 22nd for the UK, so we'll be waiting the longest, I guess.

Anykeyer
11-14-2013, 07:02 AM
After playing the first few moments of the game i get to the part where you sail the boat out of the Bay, at the end of that scene where the woman starts talking the screen blacks out and then the game crashes anyone got a fix ? (PC Version)

Yes. We do. Its called "wait for official release and then buy this game instead of downloading it from torrent and using crack"

HypeR.tgL
11-14-2013, 07:07 AM
How the heck do you have it already...

I still have to wait till the 22nd in New Zealand..

Hikuran
11-14-2013, 12:15 PM
some little trick, call some of ur firend to buy one in retail shop in HK and use its key to redeem early access in uPlay(not steam), I am in UK and have been playing it since Monday

kamatsudash
11-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh how convenient that there's a whole bunch of people on these forums who all signed up to these forums this month and all having problems with the PC version of a game that has not officially been released on PC... all who just happen to conveniently have friends in HK to go buy them a copy at the 1 store in HK that has broken the street date (not to mention there is not a whiff of this in the news, on google, on HK store pages, etc). Seriously, is that the best you can come up with? lolz

Also funny how all the issue's & problems these people are having are the exact same issue's being reported by people using the pirated/cracked version of the game which got released this week. Funny co-incidences don't you think? Bunch of strangers all have a friend in HK, and all have exact same issue as people with pirated/cracked copies of the game are having... but we're to believe they are using a legit copy of the game? lolz.

Hyperdrive3 - they have it because they are scum who do not want to pay the dev team for the work they did making this game and instead downloaded an illegal copy of the game.

For those having issue's - the solution is to buy a legit copy and wait till official release like everyone else. Chance are the issue's / problems your having a because of the cracked version you are now using, and likely not the game's fault.

Johny-Al-Knox
11-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Oh how convenient that there's a whole bunch of people on these forums who all signed up to these forums this month and all having problems with the PC version of a game that has not officially been released on PC... all who just happen to conveniently have friends in HK to go buy them a copy at the 1 store in HK that has broken the street date (not to mention there is not a whiff of this in the news, on google, on HK store pages, etc). Seriously, is that the best you can come up with? lolz

Also funny how all the issue's & problems these people are having are the exact same issue's being reported by people using the pirated/cracked version of the game which got released this week. Funny co-incidences don't you think? Bunch of strangers all have a friend in HK, and all have exact same issue as people with pirated/cracked copies of the game are having... but we're to believe they are using a legit copy of the game? lolz.

Hyperdrive3 - they have it because they are scum who do not want to pay the dev team for the work they did making this game and instead downloaded an illegal copy of the game.

For those having issue's - the solution is to buy a legit copy and wait till official release like everyone else. Chance are the issue's / problems your having a because of the cracked version you are now using, and likely not the game's fault.

lol anyone who thinks otherwise are stupid :p

smorsican
11-20-2013, 02:43 AM
On PC, got it through Steam. Game just crashes shortly after various cutscenes are initiated (IE killing the assassin at the start, doing the first synchronization, etc.)

williamarmor
11-20-2013, 04:53 AM
my game crash in the loading screen where you can control the character plz fix this ASAP i rly want to play

mousey088
11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
it happen to me too actually but the funny part is crash every time when im riding my ship out to the sea.

chikenwookee414
11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Hey first time poster. I bought assassin's creed iv black flag today, gold edition on steam and installed it and uplay and when i try to boot it up it crashes back to desktop. Is anyone else having this problem? I don't think it's my rig because I should be well over all the requirements. Here's what I'm running on:

MOBO: Asus Crossfire -v formula z
CPU: AMD fx - 8350 black edition
RAM: 8 GB kingston sticks (2x4)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHZ edition
SSD: 256gb samsung
HDD: 2TB seagate barracuda

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them because this is killing me by inches. Every new game I get seems to be an uphill struggle to find the one little thing that brings the whole house down and duct tape it so I can actually play some games.

Thanks
J

horsesrule333
11-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm having the same problems! Mine freezes, then crashes to my desktop but my sound still plays... And my computer meets the requirements. I've tried lowering the graphics but that hasn't helped at all.

bukowski113
11-25-2013, 05:14 AM
If you are having this issue, please make sure you do create a Ticket with Ubisoft Support.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

spjungen
12-02-2013, 12:28 AM
Hi,

Please contact support - www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

It's possible that it maybe fixed in an update, which is yet to be released, so please double check with them.

The game also crashes on start-up - as soon as you hit play on Uplay and the game loads, I just get a black screen indefinitely until I ctrl+alt+delete to find out that the game has stopped working. I'd really appreciate a fix for this.

Thanks
- Vince

captainjack007
12-02-2013, 11:17 AM
After some moment in gameplay the game gets crash and whole systems gets turned off.

Nofearxxx25
12-02-2013, 11:45 AM
my too crashes to, like when open the singleplayer it says ACBFSP.EXE has stopped working and crashes to blackscreen and the same thing happens to my multiplayer, also contacted the technical support, please give us updates when the patch 2nd patch is going to be realesed

MarcusBorilius
12-02-2013, 05:29 PM
my too crashes to, like when open the singleplayer it says ACBFSP.EXE has stopped working and crashes to blackscreen and the same thing happens to my multiplayer, also contacted the technical support, please give us updates when the patch 2nd patch is going to be realesed

That's exactly the issue I am having, I can load up multiplayer just fine.

Sigorn123
12-02-2013, 06:54 PM
got the same problem....

Sandcracka
12-09-2013, 06:24 AM
I have the opposite problem. I can play single player no problem, but every time i try to play multiplayer the game crashes at the start of the round.

xylotism
12-09-2013, 09:53 AM
That's exactly the issue I am having, I can load up multiplayer just fine.

Exact same issue here, reinstalled twice, rebooted half a dozen times and verified files multiple times... All my drivers and software are up to date (as I've reinstalled them to try and fix the issue) and the computer is definitely able to play it -- I was on max settings at 60FPS just a couple days ago.

So from what I can gather: A patch broke the game, Ubi doesn't know how to fix it yet, and we're SOL until they patch the patch?

JoachimDixon
12-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Wait, so you mean that the problem with the game crashing at it loads occured today? ****ing hell I just bought it and finished downloading it. Thought something was wrong with my game... Bahhhh ****.

Rachit.
02-15-2014, 06:47 AM
did the problem solved? i have problem in multiplayer .... after some time when iam in round my game freeze and sound plays in background ... then i have ti press alt+ctrl+del and game crashed AC4BFMP.EXE stopped.. anyone solve this problem.... i did everything but didn't find any solution... singleplayer running fine for me ! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Chiriam
02-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm glad I am not the only one having this issue. My game also crashes almost immediately on game launch both on the singleplayer and the multiplayer. And it did use to work for me. One day it just didn't anymore.

Edit: I just noticed this thread was originally from December. That is more than a little bit concerning. :(

Bunnynuts
02-18-2014, 04:09 PM
U.S. - Digital DL
SwitchSL
1 minute to an hour
Since reaching Kingston
Just playing the game

AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working error when it crashes. The game just freezes forcing me to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and force it to close. I have latest drivers, have changed vid settings, but that isn't the cause. The game was fine for a week and then yesterday it just started crashing constantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSfFYwvyF4&feature=youtu.be

PC specs - i7 4770K CPU @ 4.2 - Gigabyte GTX 770 4G Video Card - ASUS Z87 PRO Motherboard - 16G G.Skill RAM - Seasonic 750W X series PSU - Samsung 840 Evo 250G SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD

tymon321
02-21-2014, 11:27 PM
Game was working fine then started to crash exact same way as described above

The only thing I can think of is updating to GeForce driver 334.89 is causing this...

BabelFish2013
02-22-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm also getting crashes since new nvidia driver and I have a monster rig:

780 ti SC, 8gb of 2400 ddr3 memory, 8 core 4.7ghz and Crosshair V Forumla Z mobo so the hardware is definitely, definitely beefy enough to handle it.

Black_Widow9
02-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Please contact Support with the details of your hardware and the specifics and let them know of any issues you are having.

Bunnynuts
02-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Please contact Support with the details of your hardware and the specifics and let them know of any issues you are having.

Done.

assasinator925
06-03-2016, 06:44 AM

Guys good news and bad news. Have found why our games crash. Bad news it's our save files. Yep the save game is causing the crash.

My crash started happening after I was playing for a few days and then the game wouldn't start up at all.

One way to tell if it's the save games causing the problem is to check the sizes. Mine were all 1kb in size after playing for a few hours.

Here is what I did:

1. Fire up Uplay
2. Disable Cloud Syncing from the settings menu
3. Close Uplay
4. Goto where you have installed Uplay (for me it's D:\Games\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher)
5. Go into savegames and the next folder and you will see a folder named 437
6. This is your AC4 save game location
7. Back this folder up and delete it
8. Now launch your game
9. Voila it works............well it should do :)

But you have lost your save games. I am going to back up my save games every session from now on. If you link these files to dropbox for example, it will maintain a version history and you can go back to a previous version.