PDA

View Full Version : Session Mode Mission Guide

Dagreenskins
11-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Today I started to work on the the Session Mode Mission Guide. I took it off the forums because it is going to be a ton of screen shots and will take me some time to get it done. I don't want all the comments in between my updates. So it is all being captured on my blog page and once I get it done I can bring it to the forum.

So for all those users requesting this please take some time to look at the screen shots and let me know if that is going to be helpful. I am not capturing the missions just the tips and useful information.

http://intuneeadg.blogspot.com/p/session-mode-mission-notes.html

bloggs3056
11-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Thanks for that. This is very useful.

flynlion
11-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Yes, VERY useful! Session mode and Riff Repeater are the 2 coolest things in Rocksmith, thanks for helping us get the most out of them :)

steel_string
11-14-2013, 04:11 AM
Nice job! I was hoping someone would do this.

Rutg3rO
11-14-2013, 06:57 AM
great! If I had thought of this for the tone missions... Maybe I'm going to backup and delete my profile just to be able to do that :)

Dagreenskins
11-14-2013, 05:54 PM
I posted up some more screen shots today. Later today I will add some screen shots of the different scales. I might start the tone work, it should not take that long because it does not require me to play.

Dagreenskins
11-15-2013, 02:23 AM
I took some time out today to get screen shots of all the scales. They are all in "D".

http://intuneeadg.blogspot.com/2013/11/session-mode-scales.html

GeoD2750
11-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks Greenskins. I knew you wouldn't let us down!

Dagreenskins
11-15-2013, 03:18 PM
GeoD2750 it is going to take some time to get it done but will be very helpful information. I posted up a thread last night that captures a lot of the Tone Designer Notes. This one is going to slow down because I am at the point of the 20 minute jam sessions. I did get 6 more screen shots posted up this morning.

Later

flynlion
11-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Thanks again Greenskins. I was a getting confused about a certain scale pattern (I use a goofy tuning) and these screen shots helped set me straight :) Is there a way to repeat missions in Session mode?

Dagreenskins
11-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks again Greenskins. I was a getting confused about a certain scale pattern (I use a goofy tuning) and these screen shots helped set me straight :) Is there a way to repeat missions in Session mode?

Once you finish a mission it is gone. That is why I started collecting all the mission notes so you can review all the different subjects covered in SM.

Dizzyg12
11-16-2013, 05:41 PM
How do you increase intensity? I couldn't figure that out!

Dagreenskins
11-16-2013, 06:23 PM
I am not sure what you mean by intensity. If you are talking about getting the band to play harder then you have to play harder. So if you are playing slow and soft the band should do the same. You start to pick up speed and play harder so will the band. Not sure if there is a setting that helps with this.

flynlion
11-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Completed missions are gone forever? Now I'm REALLY glad you posted those screen shots!

Dagreenskins
11-16-2013, 07:48 PM
You could wipe out your profile a d start all over again, lol

Dagreenskins
11-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Big update today, added about 20 new session mode notes screen shots.

flynlion
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks again Dagreenskins :) I wonder if this thread could be somehow combined with LessLargemarge's thread and stickied together?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/809449-Getting-the-most-out-of-Session-Mode

Rockin7GG
11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Big update today, added about 20 new session mode notes screen shots.

Dagreenskins, You are Awesome Man !!! ;) I mean I know that in your BlogSpot statement you said that this was for yourself and that you did not mind a few visitors once in a while , but this IS

dedication and Love man ! :p This is great and, Thanks a million !!! :D

I can't understand how the developers of such a great teaching tool/game, could have failed to include a means whereby we could review methodically, all of our accomplishment and the

advice/instructions that accompany same. To start a 'new profile' to review something as simple as this is incomprehensible, imho :confused:

Anyways, they, (the developers), did a magnificent job with this from a global perspective; way more tools and instructions and, a much more amenable interface. I am still considering the 'other one'

though. :cool:

Dagreenskins
11-24-2013, 10:36 PM
I picked up the other game and have been playing it all weekend. I think it has 30 songs that we don't have so to me the cost was a wash if I was to buy all that DLC. I am surprised that it seems we talk more about that game on this forum then they do on their own forum. Both games have thier positives and negatives but some of my favorite songs are on the other game.

Thanks for checking out my blog page

Rockin7GG
11-24-2013, 11:26 PM
I picked up the other game and have been playing it all weekend. I think it has 30 songs that we don't have so to me the cost was a wash if I was to buy all that DLC. I am surprised that it seems we talk more about that game on this forum then they do on their own forum. Both games have thier positives and negatives but some of my favorite songs are on the other game.

Thanks for checking out my blog page

You're welcomed man. Aside from the 30 songs, how is the 'game' of itself ? Is the interface and moving 'tabs' difficult to handle ? You seem to be pretty accomplished with the guitar Dagreenskins, and, on the other hand, I'm not :(
In particular, I'm not even closely familiar with traditional 'tabs', but I managed to 'catch on' to the Rocksmith method really well. I really was considering picking up 'the other game' and Gamestop just informed me that they had one in stock for my console, (PS3).
Should I wait a bit more or should I grab it now ? Then there is also the sharing of time question, not to mention the potential 'mix up' that can happen as a result of jumping from one game methods to the other :confused: !!! HELP !!! :cool:

Dagreenskins
11-25-2013, 12:29 AM
I play bass and have been since the 80's so TAB is like reading, it comes naturally. Rocksmith IMO is a much better way to learn how to play and get comfortable with your guitar. The Note Highway is just a great tool. The TAB Highway took some time for me to adjust to on the fast songs. I have not spent much time with all the other features, I just wanted to play the songs. If you really want to get the feel for the scrolling TAB check out Songsterr, it is a free web site to explore but will cost some money if you want all the different features. They have a scrolling TAB system that and will give you the feel of Bandfuse. Also, check out their forum and read some reviews, not everyone is saying positive things about it. My decision was based on the music along and I still prefer the Note Highway to TAB. Check out Songsterr and see if you like the scrolling TAB feature, read the reviews and make your decision. Don't worry about sharing time between games as long as you are playing you are learning and that is all that matters in the end.

citation440
11-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Many thanks to the OP for this; very useful.

C.Linton
11-25-2013, 01:20 AM
Just a heads up, you may want to look into adding Talkbass.com to your links list.

Rockin7GG
11-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Dagreenskins, I thank you for your patient and kindly reply sir, I truly appreciate your experienced input and your frankness with respect to the length of time you've been playing, and how 'natural' reading tabs is for you. Impetuously, before I saw your response, I 'ran' to Gamestop (they were closing at 6:00 pm ) to pick up the only copy they had :rolleyes: So now I have " IT" and, having not opened it as yet, I'm going to resist the urgent temptation to do so, for now at least, and then check out Songsterr as you kindly suggested ;) . I thank you again and, like you said, " Don't worry about sharing time between games as long as you are playing you are learning and that is all that matters in the end. " Well said sir, Well Said !!! :cool:

Dagreenskins
11-25-2013, 03:58 AM
LOL your welcome Rockin7GG

Rock On

Dagreenskins
12-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Hey guys I reached a stopping point with the missions for session mode. I also put together a little slow funk jam. It is not the most exciting jam session but it shows how the band reacts to my playing. I just repeat the same line over and over and keep up with the beat. In the middle I really start attacking the notes to intensify the band, is sounded like crap so I backed off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fC6H2hCMjU