PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Black Flag Mini-Map

FootyMadDevil11
11-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Is there anyway Ubisoft can do something about the Mini-Map?

What I loved about the previous games is that you could hide where collectibles like Chests, Flags and other items of interest are and you explore the world finding them.

In Black Flag the Mini-Map shows everything which negates the whole point of exploring, and the only way to do it is to turn the Mini-Map completely off which then means you have to pause the game to go into the map to find out where your going and ruins the immersion.

Can they add a patch to change this?

deadlyh1tAC
11-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Is there anyway Ubisoft can do something about the Mini-Map?

What I loved about the previous games is that you could hide where collectibles like Chests, Flags and other items of interest are and you explore the world finding them.

In Black Flag the Mini-Map shows everything which negates the whole point of exploring, and the only way to do it is to turn the Mini-Map completely off which then means you have to pause the game to go into the map to find out where your going and ruins the immersion.

Can they add a patch to change this?
well i liked that more :P i dont like too much searching although there is none search now :D wich i can say i like it more!

omniqix
11-13-2013, 10:18 AM
yeah some sort of "hardcore mode" where it just shows the plain map without any icons would be kinda cool for hardcore explorers

FootyMadDevil11
11-13-2013, 10:22 AM
yeah some sort of "hardcore mode" where it just shows the plain map without any icons would be kinda cool for hardcore explorers

Exactly. They haven't given you an option this time round, like they did in the previous games, where you could turn off certain markers/icons.

I'm hoping they could add this in a patch, but not sure if possible.

roostersrule2
11-13-2013, 12:43 PM
You could always turn the HUD off, or just selected parts of it.

FootyMadDevil11
11-13-2013, 01:12 PM
You could always turn the HUD off, or just selected parts of it.

You cannot do that in Black Flag there is no option to do so like in the previous games.

If you go into the map via the back button you can select various markers, like missions, collectibles, or all.

But you cannot filter them out for the Mimi-map in the HUD on the main screen, it still shows everything, unless you turn the whole mini-map off, which means you have to keep ging back into the map via the back button to find out where your going.

This is what I'm not happy about as it makes exploring, to a lot of extent, redundant.

Silent Running5
11-13-2013, 06:00 PM
I would of liked to seen a option where you could have just a compass, instead of the Mini Map. That would be more in tune with the age we're playing in.

kaplan360
02-22-2014, 08:13 AM
I would of liked to seen a option where you could have just a compass, instead of the Mini Map. That would be more in tune with the age we're playing in.

This is the most brilliant suggestion since they decided to slice bread. Bump this bad boy into the limelight again.