PDA

View Full Version : The best Pistol and Sword set?

RazorMonkey
11-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Which ones guys?

Not pre-order stuff as a few cant get that, but DLC is ok, in game stuff etc. Which is the best combo?

xx-pyro
11-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Depends on your playstyle.

Pandemik HBI
11-12-2013, 11:09 PM
I prefer the golden flintlocks and pirate scimitars. While swords are slower that most other sets the 5 damage is devastating.

DetroitPlaya
11-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Golden Flintlock Pistols (Complete All Naval Contracts)

Pistol Swords (Complete All Assassin Contracts), or Officer's Rapiers which can be bought.

Kagurra
11-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Since Pistol Swords have different animations, I'd use those if the normal sword animations don't look good to you... or something. I've heard from some people that they don't like the sword animations, so pistol swords could fix that.

Pandemik HBI
11-12-2013, 11:30 PM
My salt key bank contract is glitched so I can't get the pistol swords until they patch it :(

RazorMonkey
11-12-2013, 11:48 PM
^ argh bugger true, mine is too.

But Ive heard the Scots Broadswords are good too, Ed in his combo also punches with them which is sorta cool

Megas_Doux
11-13-2013, 02:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6DKaoPk9lM

Personally, I will be looking for the Rapier swords -like the French court swords- and the pistols with the "leanest" and most elegant design.

Kagurra
11-13-2013, 03:51 AM
Anybody know the stats for the Silver Flintlock pistols from gamestop? I have it preordered there and I already hate the look of the Golden Flintlocks. Too "blingy".

Wolfmeister1010
11-13-2013, 03:55 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the golden pistols are as ugly as **** and dont fit on any of his outfits?

DetroitPlaya
11-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the golden pistols are as ugly as **** and dont fit on any of his outfits?

Oh, they certainly don't fit at all.

But they are the best guns, so.. Yeah.

Kagurra
11-13-2013, 04:53 AM

Super ugly. That's why I want to know the stats of the Silver Flintlocks. They look alright from what I've seen in the gamestop pictures.

DetroitPlaya
11-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Will turn my PS3 on and check. I have all the DLC/Bonus stuff.

Edit: They are actually called "Captain Morgan's Pistols" in-game, and they are 3/1/3

http://help.support.ubi.com/images/ACIV/ULC/ItemCaptainMorganGun.jpg

And so is Captain Drake's:

http://www.unigamesity.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/11/assassins-creed-4-pistols.jpg

(Not my own screenshots, just thought I would show them

Kagurra
11-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Will turn my PS3 on and check. I have all the DLC/Bonus stuff.

Edit: They are actually called "Captain Morgan's Pistols" in-game, and they are 3/1/3

http://help.support.ubi.com/images/ACIV/ULC/ItemCaptainMorganGun.jpg

And so is Captain Drake's:

http://www.unigamesity.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/11/assassins-creed-4-pistols.jpg

(Not my own screenshots, just thought I would show them

Awww they're not very good... :/ Guess I'll just use those ones that are 3/3/3. Or maybe the cannon ones if they look better than I think they do. I don't love the idea of every enemy dying in one shot to those golden ones anyways, it'll just be boring like in ac3 where you could have 4 shots, each that one shot every enemy.

hamNdoritos
11-13-2013, 05:18 AM
I hate how they made the preorder bonus pistols so weak. Thought you would be getting something exclusive and cool but once you get it, you don't want to equip a weak pistol. At least make it equally powerful as the most powerful pistol or second to most powerful. That way we can choose to equip a cool looking pistol that fits our style but won't sacrifice power.

RazorMonkey
11-13-2013, 05:26 AM
Awww they're not very good... :/ Guess I'll just use those ones that are 3/3/3. Or maybe the cannon ones if they look better than I think they do..

yeah atm I use the cannon pistols, they seem ok. Cant really use when boarding other vessels as theres just too much going down on deck, you pull them, aim, and by the time you fire the *******s moved or being attacked by your men and/or is slashing away at you.. GARRR! :mad:

EVA Spartan 317
11-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I hate how they made the preorder bonus pistols so weak. Thought you would be getting something exclusive and cool but once you get it, you don't want to equip a weak pistol. At least make it equally powerful as the most powerful pistol or second to most powerful. That way we can choose to equip a cool looking pistol that fits our style but won't sacrifice power.

Yeah, like in AC III! The pre-order weapons were the best by stats! Now I redeemed the code for AC IV dlc I look at it and it's weaker then the first buyable weapon! Ridicoulus!!! :-)

RazorMonkey
11-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Yip they need to patch the weapons srsly! The pistols are all so simalar, and the swords while we're at it.. is crazy. At least give certain pistols much longer range than others, just mix the numbers up more and make it notciable.

What do people feel about the blow-pipe? Worth it?

SenseHomunculus
11-13-2013, 08:28 PM

I use the berserk and sleep darts all the time in-mission; the berserk ones mainly just to watch the fun. :D

zkorejo
11-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Yip they need to patch the weapons srsly! The pistols are all so simalar, and the swords while we're at it.. is crazy. At least give certain pistols much longer range than others, just mix the numbers up more and make it notciable.

Sleep when I want to get past one or two guards. Berserk when there is a group of enemies with more than one brutes, it creates a good distraction. Both are good and it really depends on the situation. If I want to get away fast then sleep darts are the best option, if I want to kill a sniper type guards then I use berserk because it will eventually kill him.