PDA

View Full Version : Will my pc be able to run AC4 confidently?

Jotis92
11-12-2013, 07:31 PM
As good as the next gen systems?

By confidently I mean at 40+fps @ max resolution (1680x1050)

GPU: Twin Frozr MSI 7950 OC Boost edition 3GB GDDR5

CPU: i5 4670k (not overclocked yet)

ram: 16gb of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600

thanks!

guardian_titan
11-12-2013, 09:29 PM
That's really a question? You have a massive computer and would be the envy of many gamers. Two of some of the top video cards on the market? The processor's not the top, but still up there. Then 16 GB of memory? Better than what I have and I could play AC3 on max. AC4 you'll have no issue running on max. Only issues you'll likely see are once concerning poor engine optimization and maybe some issues running dual video cards. Some games don't seem to like two cards.

I've got a HD Radeon 7770 which is worse than your's (and I only have 1) and a i5-3570k processor so not far under you. We have the same amount of memory.

Only oddity I see is your resolution. Never heard of 1680x1050. I run at 1920x1080 and do fine, though. So you'll certainly be fine.

Jotis92
11-13-2013, 03:13 AM
actually I have one 7950. "twin frozr" is just the edition/brand, doesn't really mean much other then it keeps it cool. so assuming with just one 7950 i should be good then thanks!

That's really a question? You have a massive computer and would be the envy of many gamers. Two of some of the top video cards on the market? The processor's not the top, but still up there. Then 16 GB of memory? Better than what I have and I could play AC3 on max. AC4 you'll have no issue running on max. Only issues you'll likely see are once concerning poor engine optimization and maybe some issues running dual video cards. Some games don't seem to like two cards.

I've got a HD Radeon 7770 which is worse than your's (and I only have 1) and a i5-3570k processor so not far under you. We have the same amount of memory.

Only oddity I see is your resolution. Never heard of 1680x1050. I run at 1920x1080 and do fine, though. So you'll certainly be fine.

Krayus Korianis
11-14-2013, 01:07 PM
PC will be vastly superior, but you're going to miss out on PhysX, Tesselation and the like from nVidia which is what is gonna set AC IV: Black Flag on PC apart from any other "console". But the textures and everything will be higher than console gets. Just you wouldn't be getting the special effects from nVidia's proprietary technology because you're using an AMD card. (Which isn't horrible or bad, it's basically the same as an nVidia card. It's just my preference to use nVidia instead of AMD. Just how I am lol).

Johny-Al-Knox
11-14-2013, 01:19 PM
PC will be vastly superior, but you're going to miss out on PhysX, Tesselation and the like from nVidia which is what is gonna set AC IV: Black Flag on PC apart from any other "console". But the textures and everything will be higher than console gets. Just you wouldn't be getting the special effects from nVidia's proprietary technology because you're using an AMD card. (Which isn't horrible or bad, it's basically the same as an nVidia card. It's just my preference to use nVidia instead of AMD. Just how I am lol).

There will be no PhysX. And there wont be tesselation, expect in the water?

YazX_
11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
You have a massive computer and would be the envy of many gamers.

slow down, not by that much, on low resolutions its good, but his pc will crawl down @ 2560 x 1440 resolution.

There will be no PhysX. And there wont be tesselation, expect in the water?

yep, but there will be other Nvidia Exclusive features which were demonstrated in YT vid.

And last, as long as you dont go above 1920 x 1080, you are good to go.

razmat2012
11-15-2013, 01:56 AM
heck , you guys got it easy. i'll be lucky if i can even run it . i only have AMD phenom quad core 2.2 Ghz - 4 gigs of ram - and an ATI 5770 1 gig Vram. maybe on lower settings. hope i can disable shadows.