PDA

View Full Version : European Gaming League - ACIV Tournaments

EGL_Glen
11-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Good evening everyone!

I work for the European Gaming League, we are Europe's largest console event competitive organiser. We also launched our site www.egl.tv last year and have quickly grown into the largest website for weekly/one day competitive cups (COD and LOL).

I have been speaking to some people in the community and have been bowled over by the passion that you guys have for AC!! We are launching our new website (Our current one restricts us heavily to being only able to run limited cups/competitions) next week (as long as the private beta runs well this week). And we are looking to run regular ACIV competitions.

The way we work at EGL is to work alongside/with the community and not replace anyone or anything, Majority of the staff at EGL have been connected or were community heads of other games at some point. We listen to what you say, so if we do something wrong we aim to fix it as quickly as possible.

Our new site will currently only be able to play single and double elimination tournaments and ongoing ladders. Its a brand new system built from scratch so expect bugs! Going forward over time we will be adding leagues, seasons, groups followed by knockouts and free for alls (as well as other functions).

Below are two screen shoots of the new website, the 1st will be a typical tournament screen and the 2nd will be a player profile, this is the 1st time we have released this anywhere:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/266384/EGL/EGL%20Online/AC.png

http://new.tinygrab.com/182ec906da76d66291d7aaf9287e6231e7a856f05b.png

Now, for the tournaments, we will look to test out Artifact Assault. If there is enough demand, we can run it on both Xbox 360 and PS3. (This thread has an Xbox symbol as I was forced to chose one)

I have questions for the community, please do not be afraid to answer, please do not comment on other peoples answers:

1 - What platform do you want to see tournaments on?
2 - What Ruleset would you like to see for AA? (exclude general rules such as disconnect more gameplay rules No guns, what maps? etc)
3 - Apart from AA, what other gametypes would you like to see a tournament in?

SillySin
11-12-2013, 08:07 PM
We have active community in all platforms but mostly on Xbox 360 (for now) but with the next gen consoles it might be different.

2 - What Ruleset would you like to see for AA? (exclude general rules such as disconnect more gameplay rules No guns, what maps? etc)
There are usual rules that being used by known community tournament hosts that you can get by contacting them.

Manhunt first then Deathmatch as these 2 modes are popular now in AC4.

Thanks for putting time & effort to try and take this active competitive community to another level, please let me know if you need any help within the community.
Twitter: @The_Mighty_Sin

UnsparingWord
11-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Right now, I think Xbox 360 has the most active competitive community, but both consoles and PC have a strong competitive community. I think that will remain for awhile, even with the new consoles.

There is a general rule set the community has been using for AA. No gun and No hack has become the standard. All maps are playable. Having a way to determine hosts is also key since side of the map can make a difference in AA

Manhunt is probably next on the list. I would like to see Domination become competitive,

Thank you for putting this together. I am really excited for the possibilities out there for AC. There is alot of talent in this community and alot of competitive drive so it is great to see something like this happening,

DEADLYxASSAS51N
11-12-2013, 08:46 PM
The Xbox 360 definitely seems to have the biggest AC mp competitive community so I would suggest XBO360 for now. As for next gen consoles it still has to be determined...

Definitely no gun (if we're talking about non-modified AA), and some interesting restrictions can be applied such as no sixth sense, no unstoppable, no knives, etc...

Manhunt and AA seem to have the biggest potential for tournaments but I would be interested in seeing Domination tournaments as well, and maybe deathmatch. Then, of course, gamelab allows for some cool modification and creation of new modes so you never know what new modes could be created :p

SquirrelInDaSky
11-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Platform - Xbox 360
Modes - MH and Wanted

Hangster_96
11-12-2013, 10:13 PM
1. Xbox 360
2. No Gun and any kind of Hack, also for AA mode that there is always 2 runner and 2 defender so that there would be no 4 man def.
2. For map, I think Prison is too of a small map that i wouldnt want to play on and saint pierce something like that sorry for the miss spell which is too big or maybe is just because of all the huge building on that map =P
3. I think any mode is fine except assassination and domination

iRossa
11-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Xbox 360.

Like other people have said, and from the thread that I showed you, there's a general ruleset used in scrims and tournament matches for Artifact Assault, which is no gun and no hack.

Manhunt.

I've already spoken to you via email! (@kathfaux)

-WHU Vendetta.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
11-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Basically wat the others have said, but as for modes to consider for Tourneys I'd say all except for ASA an Domination

whatsalifelike
11-13-2013, 01:56 AM
1 - What platform do you want to see tournaments on?---Xbox seems to have a more active comp community
2 - What Ruleset would you like to see for AA? (exclude general rules such as disconnect more gameplay rules No guns, what maps? etc)---No Animus hack killstreak or minor hack loss streak
3 - Apart from AA, what other gametypes would you like to see a tournament in?---id say all teammodes are great for tournaments even though domination isnt as popular

WyvernKnight27
11-13-2013, 02:01 AM
1 - Xbox 360
2 - Ban: Pistol, Minor Hack, Animus Hack
3 - Manhunt, Deathmatch

x Blue Link x
11-13-2013, 02:10 AM
I would personally love to see these tournaments on Xbox 360.

What the norm is today is usually no gun and no hack at all and all the maps are okay,

I would love to see Manhunt tournaments since its one of my all time favorite modes. Deathmatch and maybe Assassinate could also be good ideas!

pantherthug89
11-13-2013, 04:48 AM
1.) Xbox 360: Mostly because it already has an established amount of Artifact Assault clans, and probably the ones with the most established fan bases in terms of clans and team rivalries (VAA is very popular and matchups like WHU vs. JPG and PsP vs. HAX or HAX vs. AvK were widely known and entertaining matchups throughout the history of AA).

2.) The general rule set is no gun, no hack (which I traditionally came up with back in AC:R) but I think it should be expanded to no daze but I have not seen it in use just yet.

3.) Definitely Manhunt!

EGL_Glen
11-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Sorry guys, two more questions! (Could be more)

4) Whats the length of an AA game? (is it set or can it be changed?)
5) What generally happens in the event of a draw? Is there overtime?

Ubiquitous Doom
11-13-2013, 11:59 AM
1. Xbox 360 ( and later the Xbox One ).

2. The standard, established AA rules of no Animus Hack of any kind and no Gun. I would like to see an increased Artefact Zone size ( by one level ) and no Heart Beats.

3. I would also like to see Free For All modes such as Wanted and DeathMatch.

To answer your other questions, Glen:

4. Any mode time as a standard is 10 minutes. This can be changed in The Game Lab up to 30 minutes.

5. There is currently no overtime so a draw is simply treated as a draw.

EscoBlades
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Good to see you around Glen, welcome.

FrostKnight28
11-13-2013, 03:00 PM
1-Xbox 360
2-No gun no hack
3-Manhunt
4-10 minutes but it can be changed in game lab
5-a draw is a draw there isn't overtime

leTrollgon314
11-13-2013, 03:04 PM
hi :3

1.) PC!! xbox seems to be very active, but pc has also very awesome and active players!
2.) Yeah... No hack, no gun
3.) Artifact Assault seems to me as the mode of choice, beacuse it's like CTF and easy to explain to players who dont play the game. Domination might be an other good decision, but AA is more popular!
4.) 10 minutes is the best time ;)
5.) draw is a draw...counting kills benefits a very defensive playstyle, playing bo3 is the best way so far, by leaving draws out

Valkyrie..
11-13-2013, 03:14 PM
(sorry might have read it wrong about the platforms, but still my opinion :P) I know Xbox community and PC community can't be compared when it comes to player amounts, but I think PC community is always underrated and sometimes even left out when it comes to events and acitivites. I think I speak for a lot of PC AC people if I say serious tournaments and any activities within our rather small community are more than welcome.

I'd agree to no hack and no gun at this place. There is still a great variety of abilities that players can choose from, and it stays fair. Even from experiences, this rule was most fun to play with.

Since I'm rather an AA player and enjoy this the most, I couldn't really say. Manhunt probably. It is also a lot of fun to play. I didn't have such great experience with competitive Domination, and ever since, I avoided it (which doesn't mean it can't be a great mode for a tournament, of course).

It's 10 minutes, I know it can be changed in game lab, but I don't know if that would be any good.

We did not have many tournaments on PC yet, but it was mostly played with "best of 3", which was the fairest and, in my opinion, best solution. If games end up being a draw, you keep playing until one team reaches 2 wins and thus wins the match.

Draken87
11-13-2013, 03:15 PM
1) I'd like to see this tournament on PC (if you can organize on PC too...).
2) No hack, no gun.
3) Pure love for Artifact Assault, but i'd like to play Manhunt and Deathmatch too.
4) 10 minutes, without changes.
5) As above.

Sjadu
11-13-2013, 03:26 PM
1. Of course PC, it is not the bigest community but got the best players in AA
2. I don't care
4. Domination

Robin331
11-13-2013, 03:31 PM
1) As most people know pc dosnt have the biggest community but it had some really awesome clans so yeah PC <3
2) No hacks no gun would be nice
3) Some gamelab Assa would be cool, some kind of frenzy assassinate or Manhunt with ability restriction

ColdKill18
11-13-2013, 03:32 PM
1. PC ! Obviously the community isn't as big as the one from the Xbox, but there are a lot of good and active players ( and clans, too) and often the community is very underrated or even left out.
2. Definitely no gun no hack, would also like no teleport but probably that's never gonna happen.
3. Beside AA ? I think domination is a very good mode if played competitve since it's very dynamic. I'd also love to see some kind of FFA tournaments - maybe with a mix of all FFA modes ?
4. I don't really care, but definitely intersting would be a "first score wins"-goal in AA.
5. Best out of 3

DAT_Shady32
11-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Since i´m a PC player, i would love to have this on PC, even though I know that the community on XBox and PS is way larger than PC ones. Nevertheless, Leagues and Tournaments hosted on PC were very interesting and a big event for most of us. So, not saying make this for PC only, but please consider bringing it to PC as well :)

In AC3, we had only a little variety of maps to choose from, since the DLC maps where seperated and could not get accessed by players who didnt own the DLC including the maps, or of course the season pass. Apart from that, we had one glicthed map which got blocked from most private matches, even though to stock up variety it was occasionally also possible to include this map, of course with the restriction to not use the glitches on this particular map. There was also one very unbalanced map, where the non-hosting team always had a big disadvantage. Explaining this would go too far into AC gameplay :P
If a map gets the reputation of being glitchy or too unbalanced for a certain mode, it should get banned in the ruleset in my opinion.
As for abilities, perks and streaks, i would block the non- silent animus hack, the gun and of course money bomb. There were and are other opinions regarding this in the community though.

I would go with Manhunt, since i was a farily competetive manhunt player once before the mode wasnt any fun for me anymore. From what i saw in AC4 gameplays it looks fairly great now though. I think assassinate would also be an option, not sure how this is true for the new AC4 default assassinate though.

10 Minutes is what im used to, doesnt mean i wouldnt find any changes on that interesting. I guess playing more than 15 minutes would really create some issues with concentration, but then again that might be something one could get used to. For now, 10 minutes are fair and good.

Unfortunately there was nothing like overtime, scrimms mostly were over when some team had to leave or the motivation on more or less both sides ended. As for tournaments and league games, there were best out of 3 or best out of 5 series, and especially best out of 5 had the potencial to go far beyond 5 games in order to get one team to win 3 games.

langelino21
11-13-2013, 03:35 PM
1: I'd like to see it on PS3, especially since this is a European league and most of the European AC players seem to be on the PS3 and PC =\
2: Standard rules, no hacks, guns...
3: Assassinate, domination and manhunt.

xYnazz
11-13-2013, 03:38 PM
1: I'd like to see it on PS3, especially since this is a European league and most of the European AC players seem to be on the PS3 and PC =\
2: Standard rules, no hacks, guns...
3: Assassinate, domination and manhunt.

I'm with you. PS3 and since I'm not in a clan I would really like to see a Deathmatch Tournament.

luma99
11-13-2013, 03:41 PM
1. PC <3
2. Doesn´t matter
3. Domination
4. 10 min would be great
5. Doesnt count. (Rematch) Best of 3 was great.

AvrilCloud
11-13-2013, 03:51 PM
1 - 100% PC!
2 - No hack, no gun.
3 - AA is the best team mode. Deathmatch is also great.
4 - Standard 10 Minutes is absolutely okay.
5 - A draw stays a draw. Counting kills isn't a good option^^

Kinsey987
11-13-2013, 03:55 PM
1. PC :D
2. It would be nice without gun and minor hack :)
3. Artifact Assault for sure, Manhunt could be nice as well though.
4. 10 min is allright I guess.
5 . Best out of 3.

Falust
11-13-2013, 03:59 PM
1 - PC. Actually if u make an official tournament u need to make it on all platforms, coz it is not fair to make it only for 1 community.
2 - no hack, no gun, no booby trap. Coz abilties shouldnt allow you to kill ppl, u should do it with your hands, except for poison ofc.
3 - Domi
4 - 10 mins
5 - play till smb wins

DungeonPlayer
11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
1.) PC
2.) I dont care
3.) Domination

David_Gordez
11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
1.On PC ofc
2.No osb,hack,gun
3.Manhunt

ShortxMeister
11-13-2013, 04:11 PM
1. Xbox 360, although next gen consoles such as the Xbox One could be a possibility.
2. No animus/minor hack, no gun - any map, although Prison seems to be far too small for competitive use in my experience.
3. Deathmatch is the main competitve free for all mode and Manhunt is the second most popular team mode, although it would be interesting to see Domination happen.
@ShortxMeister

giaquinto718
11-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Cmon guys show your support for manhunt, the core part of the community plays the mode. I feel like if it didnt have its own cup thats alot of good competitive players who will be left in the dark

BluBidgeon
11-13-2013, 04:14 PM
1. Definitely PC
2. no hack and gun but those are mostly standard rules within scrims
3. AA is the nicest team mode to me but manhunt is always fun too besides it would be awesome if DM would be included too because it's a really fun mode but hard to get it competitive these days.
4. Standard playing time of 10 minutes is fine. The small breaks between several matches that are originally included in the game give you time to prepare and rest before the next match starts
5. The usually used best out of 3 system seems to work fine to me. If playing three matches doesn't decide who wins, overtime could be added (2matches) and if that won't work the teams can fight for the golden goal. Kind of the way team sports work these days.Their system seems to work ;)

By the way, thanks for thinking about AC multiplayer when it comes to tournaments. It's very underrated in my opinion and should get more overall attention :D

niravdhoke
11-13-2013, 04:14 PM
1. PC
2. No Minor Hack (rest does'nt matter)
3. anymode would be awesum to play (maybe switching the modes as one finishes)

TalentedTrack98
11-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Xbox for sure but I think PS3 should also be considered; having been on both consoles I can see the passion from both communities.

No gun and no Animus Hack

I think that Manhunt would probably be the other mode that could be the most used in a competitive environment.

lex_smirnov
11-13-2013, 04:22 PM
1 - PC!
2 - No hack, no gun.
3 - AA is the best team mode. Deathmatch is also great.
4 - Standard 10 Minutes is absolutely okay.
5 - A draw stays a draw.

CrawfordPionier
11-13-2013, 04:25 PM
1. PC - awesome and competitive community xD
2. No minor hack , no pistol, no killbuffer
3. AA
4. I think 30 minutes would be very intereseted
5. 30 min → 1 game (draw doesn´t count)

TheHowlerrr
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Platform- Xbox 360
Rules- I think everyone has that covered ;P

A Domination tourny would be cool, but we need a Manhunt tournament or two ;P

DooM56H
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Since I neither played AC4 nor watched any gameplay yet, I'm just speaking with AC3 knowledge base.

Though I didn't read about launching such tournaments on PC in the introducing post of EGL_Glen, I would still like you to think about doing them here as well. As you already see by looking at the amount of posts written here, also the PC community has large interest in such tournaments. We already had few of them and it always was a little highlight here, since we're not even close to be as many players as on other platforms. Also streaming such tournament matches live was mostly a reason to gather huge part of our community. There always have been enough teams being interested in these tournaments, so it also shouldn't be a problem to get players/teams for your tournaments.

We had different rulesets for the tournaments so far. Since no gun+no hack is most popular, also for simple private matches I would like to consider bringing different rulesets time to time, may it be to challenge the participants or to use abilities we normally don't deem to be usable. In case such "special ruleset-tournaments" appear to take place, it would be nice to arrange the rules together with participating teams and players.

As for me in AC3 I actually only really played AA and Assassinate, though playing AA became way more popular for me after some months.
As I said, I have no clue how Gamemodes gonna be in AC4 and what new possibilities we get, but I'm mostly interested in AA still.

In AC3 it was always 10 minutes per match, what is in my opinion a good length considering concentration and such.
Still would be a nice possibility to change time for the already mentioned "special ruleset" or in case of too long streak of draws.

A draw was mostly counted as actually "not happened match", so there was no overtime and also the possibility to count the kills is no real option in my opinion since it's not the objective to kill, but to show teamwork and win a match by scoring a flag in AA.
However, as for me, it would be a nice possibility to introduce ColdKill's idea of a "first score goal" match in case of having too many draws without accomplishing a clear result.

As you see also I have mostly the same opinion as the previous speakers, mostly I would wish for your tournaments to appear also on PC!
Thank you already for giving also AC players the chance to take part at more competitive and challenging tournaments having a continually base of playing.
I guess you'll always find enough answers and high interaction, since almost all of us here are interested in participating at these tournaments.

Sheldor196
11-13-2013, 05:00 PM
1 - I would like to see tournaments on PC ;)
2 - i think it above just banning abilities there is the possiblitiy to play with forced ability packs
3 - Domination
4 - some kind of longer games has to be tested first i think
5 - there has to be a solution for to many 0-0 games, maybe a longer game but no kill counting or something like that

CaptainVallois
11-13-2013, 05:08 PM
As a PC player it'd be easy for me to suggest the tournaments to exist on PC, but that'd be inequal. The best would be to organise several tourneys on each platform. But what's sure is that PC shouldn't be underrated. It has a really active competitive and implied community. Unfortunately the competition on PC woke up really only in the middle of this year, but it had quite a few good tournaments and league already.

Definitely no guns. One of the most frustrating things in AA is to be shot by a player who chose easiness. No hack for the same reasons. On AC4 I think the presence of Booby Trap is to be debated, because it also give the player an easy kill but it can be avoided, unlike gun most of the time. Basically these rules are known and fair to all.

Seeing such involvment towards AA I'm forced to say that MH also needs to be pushed ! I really love AA but everyone should take MH tournaments in count too, since those were one of the biggests in the AC overall community so far with the AA ones as well. And on PC MH things are really missing ! :D
Still, AA needs to be in tournaments to me, it's on an equal footing with MH when it comes to competitive.
I think FFA modes tournaments could be welcomed as well, allowing lone players to take part in such events.
With the Gamelab in AC4 though, many modified modes could be implemented, allowing us to change the core of a mode or just to change a few parameters.

It's 10 min and yes it can be changed with the gamelab. I think 10 min is still the best to stay focused and have enough time to play. It's balanced.

Draws barely happen in MH lol, it's almost impossible. But in AA it can happen a lot, and BO3 matches without counting draws were the best solution I think. There is no overtime. Once a determined amount of games is passed already I suggest the first team winning a game win.

Im really glad to see such an involvment towards the AC community, thank you ! :)

Last of Angels
11-13-2013, 05:30 PM
- I would definitely love to see some tournaments take place on the xbox 360. There are lots of competitive clans and players that are dying to play.
I dont know how the PS3 and PC side look since I havent played either, but I would imagine it is the same there.
- For AA I think the majority agrees that gun and animus hack should be banned. They dont belong due to previous mentioned reasons in the post above.
- I myself have been playing manhunt since ACB and having tournies would be wicked!

Best Regards
LaO

Gephix
11-13-2013, 05:33 PM
1- PS3
2- No hack, no gun
3- Manhunt

N8ght2012
11-13-2013, 07:24 PM
1. pc
2.no gun no hack
3 no just aa

Rainin420
11-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Xbox360 is my preferred platform because thats where i play, but i would love to see all platforms be able to participate in tournaments. I think XBOX Might be the most active/have the most competitive clans though.
No Animus Hack, Minor Hack, No Pistol. This is the standard bans for tournament play in AA.
Manhunt is rather solid in AC4 and is the most popular overall team mode, so i would like to see this as well!
10 minutes, it can be changed but 10 mins seems like a decent amount of time. You could always change it to 20 if you end up seeing a lot of draws.
Usually a draw is replayed if for instance there is a best of 3 and both teams win 1 and draw 1. The draw would be replayed in a 4th game, and a 5th game if there was another draw.

EDR1EN
11-13-2013, 08:27 PM
1 - As a PC player I want to see it on PC of course ;)
2 - I dont have a problem with any ability but I guess many players wont play in a tournament in which gun is allowed, so it should be banned. Animus Hack is very hard to get in AC4 so it should be ok. But maybe ban kill buffer then ;)
3 - AA is my main mode but a manhunt tourney would be fun too
4 - Definetly the standard 10 minutes!
5 - I would say the games should be based on best of three so draws dont count

sebtrip
11-13-2013, 08:36 PM
1. PC since im PC player BUT i would like to watch it on all platforms!
2. no gun, no hack
3. Assassinate
4. 10 mins
5. ignore draws and play as much as u need for a win or loose

Calbitos
11-13-2013, 08:48 PM
PS3, Xbox, and PC all have awesome communities, but I would say that Xbox has the most clans and competitive teams.

No Animus Hack, minor hacks, or pistol is how most people play. I think many people would like some way to discourage camping, so maybe something like "first team to score 3 artifacts wins" would be nice. (Not sure if that's actually possible in gamelab).

Domination is very balanced, but manhunt is probably more popular. Either of those would be viable in a tournament.
On the free for all side, I'd like to see a deathmatch tournament, as it's one of the best modes in terms of balance and competitive play.

Thanks for considering Assassin's Creed btw, whatever happens, it should be awesome :)

kingame8321
11-13-2013, 09:03 PM

PC!! OFC PC! But in all platforms would be good as well

No guns, No hacks,

MH Would be fine

4 - Whats the length of an AA game? (is it set or can it be changed?)

10 Mintues

5 - What generally happens in the event of a draw? Is there overtime?

I think just like golden goal in football, We could do more games untill someone scores :)

Colonel Bonkers
11-13-2013, 09:17 PM
1. Xbox 360
2.Ban Hack and Gun
3. Manhunt may not be as fast-paced as AA or actiony but it is very popular and would love to see it on the next level. Manhunt would be a great choice not only because of the amount of players but also because it offers a good portion of the very talented clans (There are good clans in other game modes as well). Manhunt has a large portion of players and I would love to see it in EGL right next to Artifact Assault!

j0kay
11-13-2013, 09:38 PM
1 - PC! <333
2 - No hack, no gun.
3 - Artifact Assault and Deathmatch
4 - 10 Minutes

OOFEmK00
11-13-2013, 09:56 PM
1. PC
2. No Hack, no gun
3 Artifact Assault, Deathmatch

MontezumaUbi3
11-13-2013, 10:08 PM
1 - PC! *-*
2 - No hack, no gun.
3 - Artifact Assault and Deathmatch
4 - 10 Minutes

xXxassasination
11-13-2013, 10:14 PM
people want pc, lots of comp players are on it. make one for every playform :)

Sylon07
11-13-2013, 10:41 PM
1.- PC!
2.- No hack, no gun..
3.- Domination and Deathmatch
4.- 10 Minutes

Chachi McSwaqq
11-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey Glen! Thanks for the email.

1. The tournaments would best be run on the Xbox 360. It has the largest competitive community of the three platforms. If demand is large enough on the others you could run some there too. As for nextgen, I'll be getting a One on release date, but I don't think either console will have a large enough competitive community for quite some time.

2. I agree that all hacks, and gun, should be banned. However, I would also suggest the map Prison be removed from the rotation, as offense on it is almost impossible. It could be interesting if you were to force ability sets, such as a choice between two sets each for offenders and defenders. Example: Offense 1 (shield teleport knives), Offense 2 (disguise timephase disruption), Defense 1 (shield smoke knives), Defense 2 (boobytrap teleport knives).

3. Manhunt has the highest skillcap of any standard AC4 mode and should certainly be considered almost as highly as Artifact Assault.

4. 10 minutes. This can be changed, but doesn't have to. Maybe 15 minutes in tiebreaker games.

5. A draw is treated as a game that never happened and is simply replayed. I can't see any reason for this to be changed.

l Mr Joke l
11-14-2013, 12:17 AM
1- Xbox 360
2- No hack, no gun.
3- Manhunt and Domination.

And unfortunately for American team, it's maybe not possible to participate cause it's for European ... No ?

Ayor26
11-14-2013, 01:00 AM
1- PC !!
2- No hack , No gun
3- Artifact assault , domination

Ayor26 AFR Clan

Rapido30
11-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Hey Guys,

1 - PC
2 - No Hack - No Gun
3 - Artifact Assault & Domination :D

Many people want PC xD :D
Like it

Rapido30 [AFR] Clan

Localist2012
11-14-2013, 01:09 AM
There probably is a demand for an AA tournament on PS3, just not enough people will check this section of the forums.

PS3 !
2 - What Ruleset would you like to see for AA?
I don't play AA :P
Free for all ! Mix it up !

DerEine069
11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
1. PC
2. I dont care
3. Artifact Assault
4. 10 / 20 min would be great
5. Best of 3

Wolfact
11-14-2013, 02:36 PM
[EN] - I'm a Playstation player. For me, the best solution is to use the PC. But with permission to use the levers of Playstation and Xbox. As for Abstergo Invitational and ESWC.
[FR] - Je suis un joueur Playstation. Pour moi, la meilleure solution est d'utiliser les PC. Mais avec l'autorisation d'utiliser les manettes des consoles Playstation et Xbox. Comme pour l'Abstergo Invitational et l'ESWC.

[EN] - No specific regulations. There has against capacity, everything is calculated. I do not play gun and piracy, those who complain about playing shield. It is just that. Remove capacity change the balance of the game and therefore it would help some players ... Be honest, you do not like it because you do not know the address correctly. That's it? More on AC4, we see almost no piracy and gun.
[FR] - Aucun reglement specifique. Il y a des contre capacité, tout est calculé. Je ne joue pas au pistolet et au piratage, ceux qui se plaignent jouez au bouclier. Il est là pour ça. Enlever une capacité changerait l'equilibre du jeu. Et donc ça favoriserait certains joueurs... Soyez franc, vous ne l'aimez pas car vous ne savez pas encore les contrer correctement. C'est ça? En plus sur AC4, on ne voit presque plus de piratage et de pistolet.

[EN] - 3 mode: 2 win. Manhunt, Domination and artefact assaut.
[FR] - 3 mode de jeu: 2 victoire pour être qualifié. Chasse à l'homme, domination et assaut de relique.

[EN] - By default, 10 min.
[FR] - Par défaut, 10 min.

[EN] - With the manhunt. Equality is extremely rare, since it plays to 10 points difference on score approaching 30,000 points. If it were to happen. The best would be to redo part by lot the game mode
[FR] - Avec de la chasse à l'homme. L'égalité est extrêmement rare, puisque l'on joue à 10 points de difference sur des score approchant les 30000 points. Si ça venait à se passer. Le mieux serait de refaire une partie en tirant au sort le mode de jeu.

[EN] - Contact the team of Ubisoft Annecy. These are the best placed to answer your questions. They organized two big events. ;-)
[FR] - Contactez l'equipe d'ubisoft Annecy. Ce sont les mieux placé pour repondre à vos questions. Ils ont organisés deux gros evenements. ;-)

PSN: Ange_Dead (Changement de compte en cours, nouveau PSN: Wolfact)
Team: [FRT] - Les Furtifs

DEADLYxASSAS51N
11-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I just would like to add that if I suggested xbox 360 as the best plattform for tournaments it is not only because I play on 360 (because I wouldn't even take part in the tournaments) but because from experience I know that most tournaments are on XBOX 360 because it has simply the most active competitive community. Let's say 90% of all tournaments are on 360 because that's where most people play on (competitive) and are active enough to take part and even organize their own tournaments.

chrisargy
11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
1.PC of course, it has many competitive clans and players who are daily active.
2.no hack(animus&minor), no gun(for sure), no booby trap(like falust said, abilities shouldn't kill people)
3.Manhunt. It is very underrated.
4.10 minutes are alright but I think a 30 min session in a super balanced map would be interesting.
5.best of 3.

Sprinter09
11-14-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm a PC player, so for obvious reasons I'd like to see tournaments and other evens of that kind organised on our platform. As a person who organised I believed the biggest tournament on PC so far (Artifact Assault League in AC3), I can say that the interest when it comes to competitive play is as high as on other platforms, just the number of teams has to be scaled down as for our platform having a smaller playerbase in general. The tournament I'm speaking about ended up consisting of 12 teams who played for the entire season (24 was the number for xbox I beleive), I'm sure the interest in events you'd organise would be even higher.

Most players find the "no gun, no animus hack" rule needed to run a fairly enjoyable tournament. That is my opinion too, and my clan's as well. Any further rules are a matter of personal opinion. What I can say, purist tournament could be loads of fun too, still most tournaments should involve all abilities and streaks except for those mentioned.

As manhunt has always been a very popular gamemode, I'm sure tournaments in that mode would find great interest in the community. Still, being an artifact assault player, I'd be most happy to see a tournament in AA, and I know a huge part of the community would find that most interesting. When it comes to domination, I've played in one tournament in that mode in ac3 and I didn't find it even half as enjoyable as in the other modes (having experience from tournaments in both from both ACR and AC3).

10 minutes is default, can be changed through gamelab as many people mentioned before. Still, 10 minutes is fine for me, if should be extended then sure not by much.

We usually prefer the bo3 form of games, not counting the draws at all. Just playing till one of the teams wins 2 games. In my personal opinion, bo3 could be changed to bo5 for the finals of the tournament, depending on how frequently would they be run.

That's all from me, my twitter being @Sprinter09AC (https://twitter.com/Sprinter09AC). Hope to see some tournaments from you guys on our platform, and looking forward to watching them whichever platform it will be anyway!

Wolfact
11-14-2013, 08:24 PM
[EN] - Important!

DEADLYxASSAS51N , I do not understand you ... You say that many competitions are on Xbox . This is wrong! The platform is the most widely used PC . Real thing! You know the Paris Games Week at ESWC tournaments (Call Of Duty ...). Everything was on PC! If you were an XBOX or PS3 player , you were given a joystick that matched your game mode
When in fact our game show on the big stage against developers Ubisoft Annecy , it has played on a PC with PS4 controllers .
The best is to allow players to all platforms to meet. As the Abstergo Invitationnal .

For capacity ... You have difficulty understanding . Because if you take a capacity ... You faze how you like the game not the gun ! Piracy ? Me neither ... So I use the shield! It is just that ! Prohibit capaciter is you promote . In these cases I remove the trap door ... When I go with my relic ... I die ! No need to stop guys ... ;-)

[FR] - Important!

DEADLYxASSAS51N, je ne vous comprend pas... Vous dites que beaucoup de concours se font sur Xbox. C'est faux! La plate forme la plus utilisé est le PC. Chose vrai! Tu sais que à la Paris Games Week, lors des tournois ESWC (Call Of Duty, ...). Tout était sur PC! Si t'étais un joueur XBOX ou PS3, on te donnait une manette qui correspondait à ton mode de jeu.
Quand on à fait notre show match sur la grande scène contre les développeurs Ubisoft Annecy, on à joué sur PC avec des manettes PS4.
Le mieux c'est de permettre aux joueurs de toute les plates formes de se rencontrer. Comme à l'Abstergo Invitationnal.

Pour les capacités... Vous avez du mal à comprendre. Car si vous enlevez une capacité... Vous bouleversez le fonctionnement du jeu. Vous aimez pas le pistolet?! Le Piratage?! Moi non plus... Du coup j'utilise le bouclier! Il est là pour ça! Interdire des capaciter c'est vous favoriser. Dans ces cas là je retire le piège de porte... Quand je passe avec ma relique... Je meurt! Non faut arrêter les gars... ;-)

PSN: Ange_Dead (Now Wolfact)
Team: [FRT] - Les Furtifs (French team)

InventorBLADES
11-14-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a million things going on at the moment with broadcasting, making youtube videos, and the launch of the PS4. so ill keep it short and sweet.

1. Id like to see tournaments on the PS3 AND PS4. I see a lot of people on here saying tournaments should be held on the Xbox and that's fine, but I am on PS3 and there are tons of players that play competitive, there are just more Xbox players on the forums. This is all the more reason to hold tournaments on the Playstation 3 & 4. To make people aware and interested in participating in the events of the community.

2. As far as what game modes. My preferences are wanted, manhunt, domination, but all should be part of tournaments.

The important thing is that tournaments are held on ALL systems, and having a variety of game modes to play in these tournaments, essentially the goal of all is this to bring the community together by participating, the rest is irrelevant.

My answer in short. Everything for Everyone on Every system.

punkachump
11-15-2013, 01:16 AM

Xbox360. Without a doubt the 360 has the biggest and most competitive community, so you'll never run out looking for another competitive clan to take part in your tournament. A lot of the 360 competitive community is also on twitter, so we're always communicating and sharing ideas. If this is successful, there is no reason as to why it couldn't expand to PC or ps3.

If a player respawns with the artifact, he must score it and the point does not count.
No gun and no hack.
Something to fair to determine hosts, since hosts almost always have the advantage.

If you want to make some rules to work off check this Xbox season out: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/745137-AC3-Community-Block-Party-Artifact-Assault-Season-(XBox)

Manhunt is also popular in the AC community (after AA).

10 min, This can be changed up to 30 min in the game lab.

Also you can set a particular score to reach. For example to win the game, the first team to score 3 artifacts wins. This deters people from playing 3 man D. Traditionally in Artifact Assault, you have a team of 4 - 2 runners and 2 defenders. Sometimes when a team scores 1 artifact, all of their teammates decide to play really defensively until the time runs out, which makes it EXTREMELY hard to score. By setting a score to reach, this will discourage 3 man D.

Yes in a sense. "Overtime" in AC MP community is basically to continue playing until one team wins a game.

pantherthug89
11-15-2013, 03:57 AM
Not to start a console war or anything... but lawl at the people who say PS3 and PC community are equally competitive as the Xbox360 community... The statistics and sign ups for tournaments says it all... around 24 teams for a several month long seasonal and already an AC4 AA tournament in 2 weeks which has had so many sign ups they extended the sign-ups for more than 30 teams. Frankly I dont care what console it is on because I won't be playing but the stats in terms of competition are definitely much more competitive in team modes for xbox, but I guess everyone just wants it on their own platform :p

Draken87
11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Not to start a console war or anything... but lawl at the people who say PS3 and PC community are equally competitive as the Xbox360 community... The statistics and sign ups for tournaments says it all... around 24 teams for a several month long seasonal and already an AC4 AA tournament in 2 weeks which has had so many sign ups they extended the sign-ups for more than 30 teams. Frankly I dont care what console it is on because I won't be playing but the stats in terms of competition are definitely much more competitive in team modes for xbox, but I guess everyone just wants it on their own platform :p

If you're good with statistics, i guess you know how many xbox players are from America... I wont to leave the tournament at the xbox, but let's say the truth, please.

Thexiaphie
11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
1) I think the best solution is to run tournaments on every platform according to the size of the competitive scene/player base. In this way nobody feels neglected because he/she is on another system. This would also include the very new, but nevertheless growing community on the Wii U! Do not forget this minority!!!

2) Standard no gun/hack

3) Manhunt certainly, although I do also quite enjoy competitive domination, a mode that definitely needs more recognition!

4) 10 min, maybe longer for the finals

5) Draw = non-played game

DEADLYxASSAS51N
11-15-2013, 12:56 PM
[EN] - Important!

DEADLYxASSAS51N , I do not understand you ... You say that many competitions are on Xbox . This is wrong! The platform is the most widely used PC . Real thing! You know the Paris Games Week at ESWC tournaments (Call Of Duty ...). Everything was on PC! If you were an XBOX or PS3 player , you were given a joystick that matched your game mode
When in fact our game show on the big stage against developers Ubisoft Annecy , it has played on a PC with PS4 controllers .
The best is to allow players to all platforms to meet. As the Abstergo Invitationnal .

I don't care about the Abstergo invitational, it was done on PC for obvious reasons, PC can run the game with higher FPS (if on a good enough PC), play with LAN mode for less lag, and everybody can use the controller he wants to. I'm not speaking about that, but about the community. Just take a look on the tournaments organized on each plattform, and you'll see that the XBOX 360 has by FAR the biggest competitive community.

And even if you say "but that's why we have to promote the other communities", I would reply that they have to prooves themselves first. The xbox community organizes tournaments all the time. If there was really such a big community on PS3 or PC, why do I rarely see a tournament for these plattforms?

EGL_Glen
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi guys!

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We will be running ladders on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC for AA to start, the 1st single elimination tournament will be on the Xbox 360, and we will start regular tournaments on all three. We will wait to see what the demand is for PS4, Wii and Xboxone.

Ubisoft UK have kindly donated some small prizes (Tshirts, posters etc) which we will use for the first couple of tournaments. Our new system is still going through bug testing, so we hope to launch it now from the 25th Nov.

Different Gametypes - Again, we will review demand, but it does seem Manhunt looks like a popular choice.

Rules for AA - I will publish a standard rule set on here for public feedback, game wise, No hack and no gun seem to be the vast majority.

Americans playing in the tournaments - We are open for everyone to play, but, we do know there is a ping issue, the way we work for other games, is Americans can take part, but, cannot host. We do have plans to eventually bring our site out in America, but we are just launching in Europe and Asia (where we hold live tournaments as well).

Sprinter09
11-15-2013, 02:56 PM
And even if you say "but that's why we have to promote the other communities", I would reply that they have to prooves themselves first. The xbox community organizes tournaments all the time. If there was really such a big community on PS3 or PC, why do I rarely see a tournament for these plattforms?

If you payed attention to the pc community you'd see that tournaments were organised there too, even recently. Unfortunately we don't get too much attention on our platform, which makes people think the community is inactive. I'd lie saying all of those tournaments were organised properly, still there were a few, and they attracted quite a few teams too, even with poor organisation sometimes. That shows that a tournament organised by someone who has experience in doing that would meet with quite high interest on pc too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say that PC is the most active and the biggest community or whatever. That sure has to be xbox, the playerbase is much bigger and there are more people willing to organise something. I know what the situation looks like on PC, I'm one of the not many people who actually bothered to do anything. If only one platform can get the tournaments organised by EGL, it should be xbox, unless there would be a possibility to involve players from all platforms, and I'm saying it as a PC player. All I'm asking for is not to ignore the other communities, even if you don't see any action there, it just might not have reached your ears.

giaquinto718
11-16-2013, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty bummed that Manhunt wont be included in this

Hangster_96
11-16-2013, 01:11 PM
on second, where do we even sign up for this tournament anyway? and if we do sign up, do we sign up with a team or will player be put with random player?

mantiox
11-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Xbox360
The default AC tournamnet rules that has been used before
I'd love to see some DEATHMATCH and maybe WANTED

SillySin
11-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm pretty bummed that Manhunt wont be included in this
Same here but hopefully they consider it soon.

EGL_Glen
11-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi guys,

Just an update, we have found some more bugs in the single elimination, so we are working day and night to try and fix it so it is polished, we have prizes lined up and ready to go! I will keep everyone updated. :)

punkachump
11-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi guys,

Just an update, we have found some more bugs in the single elimination, so we are working day and night to try and fix it so it is polished, we have prizes lined up and ready to go! I will keep everyone updated. :)

No probs mate, i'll post this on twitter to keep everybody updated :)

Felicia Moreno
11-26-2013, 05:34 PM
As a strong girl, lol i want play a nice deathmatch! On Xbox360 feel free to add me LadyCorrupt i'm currently using another account prestige 19 but i like this one better only prestige 4! Please do a deathmatch AA is not my style...
Thank You,Rachael

Felicia Moreno
11-26-2013, 05:36 PM
I'll be in just add lady corrupt tell me when we will start! Thanks :)

Tha Fazz
11-27-2013, 03:31 PM
1. Xbox 360
3. Deathmatch, wanted

Selenocosmia
11-29-2013, 07:47 PM
1 - What platform do you want to see tournaments on? XBOX 360

2 - What Ruleset would you like to see for AA? (exclude general rules such as disconnect more gameplay rules No guns, what maps? etc) No gun , no hack
AA for me is a secondary team mode(doesnt means i dont like it). Should be mixed Manhunt with AA
Example : Best of 5 , The first game is MH the second is AA and so on , and in the case they are tied 2-2 well the decisive match will be a MH match wich i think is the main team mode of AC MP

EGL_Glen
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry to be Scrooge and bring bad news just before Xmas, but we cannot launch the site and have pushed the public beta testing until the 6th Jan.

This is for several reasons:

The main one, is we want the system to be as bug free as possible, so its an enjoyable experience for everyone, we have build this system from scratch, not one bit of coding is 3rd party, the system is also extremely complexed so it is easy to use for both you guys and us. (this basically means we can run and set up tournaments very easy)

The other reason is due to Xmas, we could push something out next week, but we have several key staff away for the holidays (including our main programmer - even though he has committed himself to program so the site is ready for the 6th Jan while sunning himself in the Canary Islands!)

When the site is launched, it will be a beta site, there will be bugs (hopefully small), ACIV will be the 1st round of tournaments we run (sorry to make you guys guinea pigs!) and we have secured some nice prizes (thanks to Ubisoft).

punkachump
12-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry to be Scrooge and bring bad news just before Xmas, but we cannot launch the site and have pushed the public beta testing until the 6th Jan.

This is for several reasons:

The main one, is we want the system to be as bug free as possible, so its an enjoyable experience for everyone, we have build this system from scratch, not one bit of coding is 3rd party, the system is also extremely complexed so it is easy to use for both you guys and us. (this basically means we can run and set up tournaments very easy)

The other reason is due to Xmas, we could push something out next week, but we have several key staff away for the holidays (including our main programmer - even though he has committed himself to program so the site is ready for the 6th Jan while sunning himself in the Canary Islands!)

When the site is launched, it will be a beta site, there will be bugs (hopefully small), ACIV will be the 1st round of tournaments we run (sorry to make you guys guinea pigs!) and we have secured some nice prizes (thanks to Ubisoft).

No probs, just keep us updated :)

Localist2012
12-18-2013, 02:24 AM
Woah, this is exciting stuff ! Great work.

Really hope to see some deathmatch tournaments/league type stuff in the future !

BluBidgeon
04-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Heya people I was wondering who far you guys from EGL are since I don't see any posts anymore on this thread. Could u give us the slightest update on how far u are with an EGL for AC4 or coming assassins creed editions?

EGL_Glen
04-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi BluBidgeon,

We had some issues with the seeding system that has now been fixed (literally yesterday), that and moving over to a new more stable system has caused alot of delays (The joys of making a complexed system from scratch!), that, and we have put in more functions for the beta testing.

I don't want to say 1-3 weeks as everytime I have, a spanner has been thrown in the works! ACIV will be the 1st "Hamster" to be tested when launched though! And as soon as it is ready, I will be posting here.

Glen

OP Insidious
04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

No Animus hack or minor hack and what side that teams should have.

Manhunt and Domination

Twitter: @PlainlyPro https://twitter.com/PlainlyPro youtube: Plainly AS https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwIbsEeXtVrcl_NFndrRC_Q

Aos929678
04-05-2014, 11:08 AM
PC sure ! :)))

No Animus hack or minor hack, no gun and no poison dart.

Manhunt and Assa ! ;)

Twitter: @Aos929678 https://twitter.com/Aos969278 youtube: Aos929678 https://www.youtube.com/user/Aos929678