PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS] Calling it right now..

The_Heisenberg
11-12-2013, 06:26 PM
I just found the last sticky note and thought of this randomly. Next game, we will see some form of scenes/gameplay during the first civ times. I base this on what happened in the modern day part of AC4:

The sage dies and Abstergo have his blood. What better way to find out all the secrets about the first civ than to re-live it?

Also, if any one collected all the sticky notes, any idea what the symbol represents?

Zellzin
11-12-2013, 09:14 PM
AC4 pretty much neglected the whole First Civ and Assassin aspect so I hope the next one will focus on it.

DetroitPlaya
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Also, if any one collected all the sticky notes, any idea what the symbol represents?

It's the symbol for Juno. The goddess.

twenty_glyphs
11-12-2013, 11:32 PM

It's the astrological symbol for Juno, a large asteroid in the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter.

http://www.astrograph.com/learning-astrology/asteroids.php

DetroitPlaya
11-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Also, in case you don't know - "The Sage" database entry gets an important update when you get all 20 bottled letters :) Explains who he is, and how he exists

BATISTABUS
11-12-2013, 11:37 PM
AC4 pretty much neglected the whole First Civ and Assassin
This is not true at all. It spoke about the First Civilization more explicitly than any other game (other games danced around it, especially in the historical portion), and the Assassins were very prevalent (even in the modern portion).

Pandemik HBI
11-12-2013, 11:45 PM
It's the astrological symbol for Juno, a large asteroid in the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter.

http://www.astrograph.com/learning-astrology/asteroids.php

I will say this, assassins creed has to be the most educated player base around, the amount of historical knowledge floating around this forum is astounding. It's actually refreshing to see a gaming forum that's not constant *****ing and trolling. +1 to you ac players

xx-pyro
11-13-2013, 12:09 AM
I will say this, assassins creed has to be the most educated player base around, the amount of historical knowledge floating around this forum is astounding. It's actually refreshing to see a gaming forum that's not constant *****ing and trolling. +1 to you ac players

The thing I find funny is that if you ever go on the BSN, I'd say they are some of the smartest around (although that may just be based on the average age being quite a lot higher), but it's still a **** show of flaming.

DinoSteve1
11-13-2013, 01:00 AM
lol BSN if you're board that is the place to visit.

Getting back to the threads point, I'd love a game about the origins of the Assassins and Templers. It would be cool if they began as the same thing (a group of people who stumble on to a trove of first civ tech) and they split of a difference in beliefs.

AstusOz
11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Also, in case you don't know - "The Sage" database entry gets an important update when you get all 20 bottled letters :) Explains who he is, and how he exists
To be fair, you should have been able to get the gist of it from just reading the letters. The codex entry was just consolidating the info.

I thought it was a nice twist, honestly. Although The Sage in those letters sounded like a nicer guy than the other two we met, haha.

DetroitPlaya
11-13-2013, 04:36 PM
To be fair, you should have been able to get the gist of it from just reading the letters. The codex entry was just consolidating the info.

I thought it was a nice twist, honestly. Although The Sage in those letters sounded like a nicer guy than the other two we met, haha.

That's true, but it also makes the info given in the postgame security feed a tad more interesting.

The fact that Abstergo now has...
...the blood of Aita, means they could tap into his memories

AstusOz
11-13-2013, 04:41 PM
That's true, but it also makes the info given in the postgame security feed a tad more interesting.

The fact that Abstergo now has...
...the blood of Aita, means they could tap into his memories
A good point but I think that's what he wanted. There's also the little thing
of whatever he injected into the player character. I think it's clear that it wasn't meant to kill him but what would it do? Was he injected a form of his own DNA into the PC to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL later on? I'm excited to find out.

DetroitPlaya
11-13-2013, 04:46 PM
A good point but I think that's what he wanted. There's also the little thing
of whatever he injected into the player character. I think it's clear that it wasn't meant to kill him but what would it do? Was he injected a form of his own DNA into the PC to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL later on? I'm excited to find out.

Very true. I suspect that he want them to dwell more into it - in order to get the nameless A.E. tester better synched with Juno, so she can take his/hers place.

MnemonicSyntax
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
I love this thread. I wish some of the people complaining about how AC4 has no mystery, no story, no cliff hangers, no plot, and no Templar/Assassin story would read this thread.

And, you know, not respond too. Just read it.

Kidding.

I wonder if the thing injected could have been some sort of nannites that will allow Juno to take control of the player character?

DetroitPlaya
11-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Those who complain about that, did they actually do anything besides just ram through the story?

Some people don't play it for the story details, so it's wise to put the details in side activities. The game even explains in great detail about the first Animus subjects and how they can dwell into the bloodline of another person.