PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo Fight Challenge: Kill 3 Scouts after disarming them with their own weapon

sabre225
11-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Hi There!
I Hope it's my wrong way of playing and not a bug on my PS3.

The way I do it:
I am unarmed (fists are active)
Then I wait for an attack of a soldier with a wig and a knife. He attacks in 3 sequences. And is fast.
I parry with O
Followed with X

The knife is taken from the guy, butttttt falls on the ground.
So it never happens that I kill those guys with the weapon.
I can't pick up this weapon from the ground.

Who knows the solution?

Kind regards,
Sabre

Flutterwhat
11-12-2013, 06:45 PM
the weapon scouts drop is actually used as a throwing knife when edward takes it. Use the throwing knives against them. you are only able to carry one, and disarming scouts seems the only way to get them.

itsamea-mario
11-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Aren't scouts the guys with rifles on ships? because you can disarm them properly.

MnemonicSyntax
11-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Aye, Scouts are the "Snipers" in this game.

pacmanate
11-12-2013, 07:39 PM
No. Scouts are the guys with the throwing knives, I literally just did this challenge.

mrgrimezHD
11-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Aye, Scouts are the "Snipers" in this game.

Incorrect.

The OP speaks of is enemy known as the "Agile".

hamNdoritos
11-12-2013, 09:35 PM
snipers are called gunners.

scouts are the guys with the small dagger and blocks all your attack.

Flutterwhat
11-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Incorrect.

they could be called either.

monteiro416
11-12-2013, 10:30 PM
they could be called either.

When you're boarding and you have to "kill 2 scouts" to take the ship, aren't the scouts the snipers at the top?

hamNdoritos
11-13-2013, 05:46 AM
it does say kill 2 scouts and they are the snipers on top. But those are not the scouts you need to kill for the Abstergo challenge.

shadowwildsky
11-13-2013, 05:48 AM
when you see red icon above hear, parry with o then use cross to disarm and take weapon, then use triangle to throw the knife, must not be carrying a throwing knife in weapon selection

agile are the white wig guys that walk around

save the pirate in sequnece 3 or 4 was good for these guys early on to get achieve with

MnemonicSyntax
11-13-2013, 05:51 AM
it does say kill 2 scouts and they are the snipers on top. But those are not the scouts you need to kill for the Abstergo challenge.

Incorrect.

So how am I incorrect?

hamNdoritos
11-13-2013, 05:56 AM
because the only time the snipers are called scouts is when you board a ship and you have to kill the scouts at the top. "Scouts" meaning look outs and they're at the top of the ship looking out. But they made it where the "agile" guards are called scouts and they're the ones you need to disarm and kill to complete the challenge. Snipers during warehouses and stuff are called gunners and they're the ones with amazing vision :rolleyes:

monteiro416
11-13-2013, 08:54 AM
because the only time the snipers are called scouts is when you board a ship and you have to kill the scouts at the top. "Scouts" meaning look outs and they're at the top of the ship looking out. But they made it where the "agile" guards are called scouts and they're the ones you need to disarm and kill to complete the challenge. Snipers during warehouses and stuff are called gunners and they're the ones with amazing vision :rolleyes:

Thanks for making that easy to understand, Ubi, lol. I was confused by this for the longest time.

MnemonicSyntax
11-13-2013, 04:37 PM

So I'm wrong because Ubisoft messed up the naming convention? It's not like Agiles are named elsewhere, you only get to know "Scouts" and "Officers." It should be the same all around.

darinmayer
11-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi There!
I Hope it's my wrong way of playing and not a bug on my PS3.

The way I do it:
I am unarmed (fists are active)
Then I wait for an attack of a soldier with a wig and a knife. He attacks in 3 sequences. And is fast.
I parry with O
Followed with X

The knife is taken from the guy, butttttt falls on the ground.
So it never happens that I kill those guys with the weapon.
I can't pick up this weapon from the ground.

Who knows the solution?

Kind regards,
Sabre

Seems to be a lot of arguing over which type of guy to kill, and what he is called but no solution.

when you see red icon above hear, parry with o then use cross to disarm and take weapon, then use triangle to throw the knife, must not be carrying a throwing knife in weapon selection
Well this one was pretty good actually.

It is the "agile" guards that you are looking for. They are the ones that tackle you when you run away. they carry knives and pistols, and are not wearing a tri-fold hat like other guards. The can be found all over Havanna on roof tops. (note: if you fight them on the roof sometime you run the risk of knocking them off and killing them before you disarm them. better to aggro them then climb down and fight them in the street.)

To kill them with there own knife, you will first need to ditch the throwing knife you currently carry, otherwise the guard will automatically pick it up again once he is disarmed. (This is the common mistake for this achievement.) After you have ditched the knife in some other guards skull. You can fist fight an agile guard try not to attack him but counter and break defenses, until you disarm him. The moment you disarm him you will auto switch to the throwing knife. with which you can kill the disarmed guard. Rinse and repeat 2x and you have the achievement.

Betrayer11
11-17-2013, 10:33 AM
The challenge says agile, not scout, at least for me. I think the OP was just confused.

Agile soldiers weapons are TOOLS, not swords. If the knife drops when you disarm them, you already have a knife carried. It's to the far left of the tools, past the gun and smoke bomb.