PDA

View Full Version : PC or PS4

livngston
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I could easily run AC4 on my PC likely at higher settings:

Intel i7 3Ghz
12 GB RAM
Radeon HD 6800

Question is should I purchase for PS4. I purchased Killzone from Amazon and now could buy AC4 for PS4 and pickup another PS4 game free. I'd rather play on PC, but if the graphics are not that significantly different, I could like with the PS4 version and get another game free. (Of course since I don't care about Call of Duty or Battlefield or the sports/racing/dancing games, that really only leaves Knack)

Thoughts?

adventurewomen
11-11-2013, 06:43 PM
If don't plan on upgrading your PC for a few more years then go for the PS4 option, however your PC is all set for AC4. It depends on what option is best for you at the moment. I think you can really only make this decision. :)

MnemonicSyntax
11-11-2013, 06:57 PM
According to Ubisoft, the PC version will be graphically superior than the PS4.

Godrays or something.

strigoi1958
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
I've got an xbox just for kinnect and I think the ps4 has something similar... mind you, the ps4 costs as much as a good upgrade to your pc... but you don't need that at the moment looking at your system it is fine so depends what YOU want.

SixKeys
11-11-2013, 10:46 PM
PC version will always be superior and your rig sounds like it could run the game without any problems. I don't think the graphical difference is going to be super-noticeable though, just minor things probably. So if you're not extremely hung up on graphics and were planning on getting a PS4 somewhere down the line, you might as well go with the PS4 version.

YazX_
11-11-2013, 11:33 PM
PC version will always be superior and your rig sounds like it could run the game without any problems. I don't think the graphical difference is going to be super-noticeable though, just minor things probably. So if you're not extremely hung up on graphics and were planning on getting a PS4 somewhere down the line, you might as well go with the PS4 version.

nope, they will be noticeable , PC version will have 4k textures and it will integrate Nvidia exclusive features like TXAA, PCSS, Nvidia Advanced Godrays, HBAO+ . and even without Nvidia features, anti-aliasing and other graphics options you set in game will make it look alot better than any console.

AherasSTRG
11-12-2013, 12:02 AM
^^^^
What this guy says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfP81kOrI28

Krayus Korianis
11-12-2013, 05:18 AM
On the PC side... There's PS controls... >.> I smell something fishy.

strigoi1958
11-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Yes the picture on the right is definitely from a Playstation. I do not think the graphics on next gen consoles are so far behind that they should be ignored... the gameplay is the most important part, and as sixkeys said... if you're not hung up on graphics and were going to buy a ps4 then do it... me I can't use a controller... now if they only made a console with a keyboard and a lot more features... oh yeah they do it's called a pc ;)

ace3001
11-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Like others noticed, the right side has PS controls. The PS4 controller is supposed to be working with PCs natively, though. So in the rare case Ubisoft did choose to detect it and show the PS controls like it does with the Xbox 360 controller, then it could be PC gameplay.

YazX_
11-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Yes the picture on the right is definitely from a Playstation. I do not think the graphics on next gen consoles are so far behind that they should be ignored... the gameplay is the most important part, and as sixkeys said... if you're not hung up on graphics and were going to buy a ps4 then do it... me I can't use a controller... now if they only made a console with a keyboard and a lot more features... oh yeah they do it's called a pc ;)

Like others noticed, the right side has PS controls. The PS4 controller is supposed to be working with PCs natively, though. So in the rare case Ubisoft did choose to detect it and show the PS controls like it does with the Xbox 360 controller, then it could be PC gameplay.

This video is just a speculation, but anyway, the level of details and textures on PC cannot be matched with next gen, and not all games will run @ 1920 x 1080 on next gen, sure next gen is a gr8 improvement from previous gen, but dont expect a 2K gaming PC for 500$ (it will drop to 350$ in future) console, so its nothing but 2-3 years old mid-range gaming PC.

adventurewomen
11-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Incorrect, the 360 Controller for Windows works naively as always for the PC and has done so for all AC games since 2007 and current. The Ashraf demo video on the previous page was a demo based on early code. The final code the GUI or the HUD has changed back to showing 360 buttons the GUI of the HUD in AC4.

Mr_Shade
11-13-2013, 05:31 PM
As far as I am aware - The PS4 pad 'may' work on PC - however that's at a system level.. the pad has basic functions on any PC - and 'may' work in game.. We have not announced any other information on PS4 controller support on PC?

The Microsoft Xbox controller for windows / 360 Pad, however, is fully supported - and integrated into the game [as per the supported controllers]