PDA

View Full Version : Combos, Executions help

Spartas-Julius
11-11-2013, 09:33 AM
First...there is no quick button sword clash to get through those who deflect your blows...duno why is gone.

Now onto the help I need, if anyone knows if would be great.

There is an execution after avoiding an attack with the pistol or rope dart, where you attack the person you aim, but the actual attack targets someone near by.

I.e: With the gun you smack the face of the guy you target, but then you use the pistol to target the one nearby then smack the face of the guy again knocing him out.

Rope dart:

You punch the guy throwing the rope to another killing him then kill the first.

Swords:

Seems simple, one guy attacks me so I press dodge but Ed goes to kill two guys instead.

All of this is cinematic, I been trying to replicate but it doesn't come up when I want it. Is this random, does ayone know what I am talking about?

I've tried press Y twice, target somebody far, but it justs uses the secondary weapon... I guess the easiest way to describe this, is an execution using your secondary weapon where you kill two guys with one shot, or one rope dart, not with the same bullet, just within the same animation.

Kagurra
11-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Is this when you press the pistol/ropedart button instead of melee during a counter? Other than that no idea.

I know in the later Ezio games if you held down the attack button as you countered you would do a double execution. For example, if you had your sword out you used your gun to kill a second guy, dagger used throwing knife, etc. Was pretty cheap since you could do it over and over lol.

phoenix-force411
11-11-2013, 09:38 AM
You need to hold the secondary weapon button to initiate the cinematic kill, but it can still be interrupted should someone attack at the start of the animation.

Kagurra
11-11-2013, 09:39 AM
You need to hold the secondary weapon button to initiate the cinematic kill, but it can still be interrupted should someone attack at the start of the animation.

Good to know.

Spartas-Julius
11-11-2013, 11:09 PM

No this isn't it. Holding the Y or pressing it does the same thing. It kills the guy I am aiming for , in a cool way I do not deny but it is not a double kill with one "bullet".

Just now I did the first one with swords, that doesn't involve the Y button so I do not know. Ed slashed one guy and as he curled up in pain he stabbed another only to finally comeback and stab the first one. ALl cinematic...I don't get it. I think I noticed both attacking me at the same time, does that do it?.

phoenix-force411
11-11-2013, 11:18 PM
No this isn't it. Holding the Y or pressing it does the same thing. It kills the guy I am aiming for , in a cool way I do not deny but it is not a double kill with one "bullet".

Just now I did the first one with swords, that doesn't involve the Y button so I do not know. Ed slashed one guy and as he curled up in pain he stabbed another only to finally comeback and stab the first one. ALl cinematic...I don't get it. I think I noticed both attacking me at the same time, does that do it?.

Hold the button when you're trying to move onto the next enemy you're trying to streak, it always worked for me in ACIII, but I can agree that it is a lot harder to perform in ACIV since we are now able to chain kill with all 4 pistol shots.

Spartas-Julius
11-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Wait wait... so is not on the first guy then? I have to kill one, the once the streak starts then try it? I been trying to do it with the first guy maybe that is why. Let me test it.

Also UBI, what happened to the overwhelming fortress area you could go for a bit of practice. AC 1 was Acre's Castle, AC2 was...I don't remember, AC brotherhood was the vatican. AC revelations don't remember :P, AC 3 don't remember... AC 4 don't remember :P

EDIT:

nvm, I can't pull it up for some reason, I hold the Y and I press just once and all it does it shoot the guy I am aiming for.

Spartas-Julius
11-12-2013, 01:42 AM
I got it... so damn hard to get it to work.

You have to Start a kill streak by killing one dude, on the second, he has to be really close by holding the Y button you can stun him while killing someone far away, then killing the guy close by who is stunned.

The 2nd guy you are aiming for with Y has to be ... at least for me within swords reach least Ed simply kills him with the secondary weapon.

So the "holding Y for the kill streak" works only if he is really close.

Tutorials... what happened to htem?