PDA

View Full Version : Bartholomew Roberts (Massive spoilers)

GreatBeyonder
11-11-2013, 09:16 AM
First, I love how they did Roberts. I was a bit hesitant once I realized who the Sage was, but once he actually goes into pirate mode, I was supremely pleased with the deranged rockstar pirate king I was expecting from history... only even crazier. I'm glad the most sinister character in the game is a pirate, and not even affiliated with the Templars. He's essentially Edward's dark reflection.... abhors ideology, only seeking ease and prizes, and yet far more than just another outlaw. My only regret is we don't see more of him in his golden years.

Second, I really enjoyed the actor's performance, both historical and modern. I imagine we'll get to see more of him in future games.

Rithrius
11-11-2013, 10:32 AM
I liked the character, but that whole Sage crap really reminded me of something...

http://www.absoluteanime.com/avatar_the_last_airbender/aang[2].jpg

itsamea-mario
11-11-2013, 01:47 PM
I was expecting roberts to be the final enemy, would have made sense.

EaglePrince25
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
I loved the character as well, and was actually surprised at how he went from basically a nobody to one of the most feared pirates of the age. Nicely done.

GreatBeyonder
11-11-2013, 11:31 PM
I was expecting roberts to be the final enemy, would have made sense.

I have to agree, especially as the Torres missions don;t really add anything to the plot. I'd like to have ended with the Aita twist instead of "Oh, well, let's kill another Templar as usual."

Flutterwhat
11-12-2013, 12:30 AM
I gasped really loud when i realized the sage is Aita.
don't tell me you didn't realize this...

itsamea-mario
11-12-2013, 12:44 AM
I gasped really loud when i realized the sage is Aita.
don't tell me you didn't realize this...

I would gasp if i knew what that meant.