PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Dynamic Encounters, and More Sexy Details! *SPOILERS*

Wolfmeister1010
11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Just some more stuff I found in game that is VERY cool.

1. Remember in one of the gameplay demos Edward went to Misteriosa and it was populated by guards? Well, I was wondering whether things like that could happen in game, or if it was just a scripted event for the sake of the demo. So I asked Darby on twitter if these types of things happen, where you could go to an island that is usually deserted, and see guards making camp or something. I have not seen any of these things yet, because I have not really spent much time exploring the islands after having completed them. Well, he said that they DO happen. I was like. "I will see for myself!!" and not ten minutes later, did I plug in the game, set sail to a random island, and see a large smokestack emerging from the trees. I went a bit further to see a group of english guards patrolling the area. No recruitment mission, no saving pirates. They were just there for the sake of fun gameplay. Darb was not lying. Sometimes the guards are there, and sometimes the arent, and even their tents, flag, and camp vanishes. This is a huge example of some awesome dynamic encounters. Well done! Who knows how many other scenarios there are for each location.

2. I was just walking around kingston when I decided to buy a new outfit. So I went to the store, and bought it. As I was looking it over, trying to see what it looked like from different angles, I noticed that there was a line of NPCS in front of a market stall. I thought "wow, thats pretty cool", and it reminded me of that line of citizens that are only present when you first enter boston in AC3. But then I noticed that the person at the front of the line was talking and interacting with the stall owner, with real dialogue. The owner reached down to pick up something, gave it to the person in line (just an animation, I did not see an actual object) and then the person left. The next person in line moved up to do the same thing, and the whole line advanced. THEN, I saw that some of the citizens who were just walking around the area walked towards the stall and took their place in line!!!!! This sort of NPC interaction was nowhere to be seen in AC3. It was magnificent to just watch and listen, and I am surprised that Ash didnt brag about it in interviews, because it is magnificent. The crowds are SO lively and have so much more dialogue, and it was a pleasure to just walk around and enjoy the scene.

3. NPCS finally react to weather. They walk around with their arms above their head when it is raining. Just a small thing, but still pretty fun.

4. If you walk VERY VERY slowly, Edward's walking animation changes a bit, and he starts to "sneak" a bit. Like, his arms go out a Bit more, he walks very lightly, and....well, you try it! You will know it when you see it!

At first I was disappointed at the lack of some details, like how water does not react or splash when you shoot it with a pistol, but then I realized that the many hidden details they put in the game more than made up for it.

What do you think? Have you seen any of these little dynamic encounters and details? Have you seen any other ones worthy of noting?

I will end this post by saying one of my favorite gameplay moments:

When a guard is standing near a stalking zone, you run assassinate him with the hidden blades, and because of the animation, you AND his body end up in the stalking zone, hidden from enemies. I love it!

Honorable mention: using the berserk darts on a whole mob of soldiers and citizens, and watching the chaos of middle aged housewives attacking soldiers with rifles.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Do you remember last week when you wrongly reproached me of complaining for not being able to shoot at seagulls? Well now, I am missing that features LOL? - Yep, I saw that the guards come back to the visited islands. I have roamed a lot around, may be too much, and I saw a lot of things, but you know the all AC series have those little details if you pay attention to them. The best about that was actually AC brotherhood, they were plenty of funny things that the NPCs where doing in the background. My little reproach for AC4 is that comparing to AC3, the people in the street where a bit more sounding NPCs than comparing to AC3. They were also more talkative in AC3.

pacmanate
11-10-2013, 10:49 PM
I tried shooting a flamingo, or at least I think it was a flamingo. It didn't die. I disappoint.

Shahkulu101
11-10-2013, 10:52 PM
I tried shooting a flamingo, or at least I think it was a flamingo. It didn't die. I disappoint.

Strange - you can shoot a tortoise square in the face.

I uh...saw that on uh - ermm - youtube. Yeah that...

lothario-da-be
11-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Me too. Same with seaguls. And then you have the turtels. You can shoot them but not skin them. and oh those dam crocodiles i want to air assassinate them!!!

Shahkulu101
11-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Me too. Same with seaguls. And then you have the turtels. You can shoot them but not skin them. and oh those dam crocodiles i want to air assassinate them!!!

It makes sense though, that a tiny blade cannot penetrate crocodile skin! :p

Landruner
11-10-2013, 11:14 PM

I tried to Air Assassinate the "Crocks" but I failed - I even wished we could have been able to use the rope dart on them the predator way for hanging them the trees and skin them alive LOL!!!!

Zellzin
11-10-2013, 11:21 PM
I just fast traveled to Abaco Island to collect the remaining Animus Fragments, and I see a huge fight between the Spanish and British taking place on land and sea! Must of been an 8 vs 8 on land and 3 v 3 (ships) in the ocean. I've never seen them fight like that before. OP said he/she's seen random tents and stuff set up on a small island, this must of been them fighting over it. I hopped on down and slaughtered them all it was really cool :cool:

Billiam301
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
after reading this thread, I decided to go to misteriosa just now, and everything from the demo happened! there were guards patrolling the beach and prisoners needed to be rescued, all it need was the same music from the demo to be playing to be perfect :)

itsamea-mario
11-10-2013, 11:54 PM
One of my favourite moments was fairly early on in the game when i captured a Man o' war that was way above my level by just watching a battle between the english and spanish, ended up with two man o' wars slugging it out, one sank the other then i swooped in and attacked the victor which now had less than half health, was still a fairly difficult fight, but ended up taking it and sending it to my fleet. Was so proud.

Wolfmeister1010
11-11-2013, 12:07 AM
One of my favourite moments was fairly early on in the game when i captured a Man o' war that was way above my level by just watching a battle between the english and spanish, ended up with two man o' wars slugging it out, one sank the other then i swooped in and attacked the victor which now had less than half health, was still a fairly difficult fight, but ended up taking it and sending it to my fleet. Was so proud.

Welcome back! I hope we can start over and not hate each other.

Wolfmeister1010
11-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Do you remember last week when you wrongly reproached me of complaining for not being able to shoot at seagulls? Well now, I am missing that features LOL? - Yep, I saw that the guards come back to the visited islands. I have roamed a lot around, may be too much, and I saw a lot of things, but you know the all AC series have those little details if you pay attention to them. The best about that was actually AC brotherhood, they were plenty of funny things that the NPCs where doing in the background. My little reproach for AC4 is that comparing to AC3, the people in the street where a bit more sounding NPCs than comparing to AC3. They were also more talkative in AC3.

Hmmm...no that doesnt sound like me.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 12:10 AM
I was sailing around and I ran into a half destroyed man 'O war docked by some island. I left my ship and stealthily eliminated everyone on board and then got back to my ship, fired a few shots from afar and it was ready for boarding..boarded it and took it for my fleet. that was cool

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 12:20 AM
In the Aveline DLC, I was in a stalking zone and ran towards the half broke fence, the ones you can slide under. I slid under it and then performed a running assassination then disappeared back into another stalking zone. The animation was just awesome, like one of those things out of a contrived gameplay trailer that you can't really do because of poor mission design. (like in the fort gameplay trailer for AC3)

But with AC4's brilliant mission design, there's so much choice and you can do whatever you want.

Landruner
11-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Hmmm...no that doesnt sound like me.

Yep I was surprised you did it, but you were mad at me because I was arguing about Ash...Anyway I was teasing and past is past. I did notice that they removed in AC4 some teens or kids NPCs that were in AC3 ( Note: For the children I mention I am not talking the trio that were clown laughing)

Landruner
11-11-2013, 12:26 AM
In the Aveline DLC, I was in a stalking zone and ran towards the half broke fence, the ones you can slide under. I slid under it and then performed a running assassination then disappeared back into another stalking zone. The animation was just awesome, like one of those things out of a contrived gameplay trailer that you can't really do because of poor mission design. (like in the fort gameplay trailer for AC3)

But with AC4's brilliant mission design, there's so much choice and you can do whatever you want.

I did that 2 or 3 times with Connor, but you are right the mission's design does not allow a lot of option anyhow - I like watching the monkeys in AC4 and after a while, I shoot them with the blowpipe, and it makes me laugh each time I do it....I must be a sick Bastard(?)

Kagurra
11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Regarding the city things, those will be even better on next-gen since they can fit more NPCs on screen with more detail etc. Can't wait.

Flutterwhat
11-11-2013, 01:47 AM
I was sailing around and I ran into a half destroyed man 'O war docked by some island. I left my ship and stealthily eliminated everyone on board and then got back to my ship, fired a few shots from afar and it was ready for boarding..boarded it and took it for my fleet. that was cool
you can do that with almost every ship, no matter of it's health. all except legendary ships...it seems.

itsamea-mario
11-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Well, it's insanely difficult if they're moving, and if it's a restricted area they'll just shoot you.

Assassin_M
11-11-2013, 01:54 AM
you can do that with almost every ship, no matter of it's health. all except legendary ships...it seems.
Oh I know, I just thought that it was pretty convenient for a ship to be docked there, since I try to take ships stealthily, but I end up not catching up to them, because they're so fast...

Wolfmeister1010
11-11-2013, 02:11 AM
Yep I was surprised you did it, but you were mad at me because I was arguing about Ash...Anyway I was teasing and past is past. I did notice that they removed in AC4 some teens or kids NPCs that were in AC3 ( Note: For the children I mention I am not talking the trio that were clown laughing)

Oh yeah.. Youre right! I have not seen any children! Whatever, it was far from a welcomed feature in AC3.

Wolfmeister1010
11-11-2013, 02:12 AM
I did that 2 or 3 times with Connor, but you are right the mission's design does not allow a lot of option anyhow - I like watching the monkeys in AC4 and after a while, I shoot them with the blowpipe, and it makes me laugh each time I do it....I must be a sick Bastard(?)

Nope. For some reason, I laugh every time I shoot down a monkey. It must be the way they fall.

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Oh those colonial children! I wanted to devour their souls!

itsamea-mario
11-11-2013, 02:14 AM
There is one kid in the game.

ladyleonhart
11-11-2013, 02:19 AM
I commandeered a docked ship, after an assassination contract. It wasn't damaged at all. So I defeated the crew stealthily, and destroyed the flag. Nothing happened, until...I boarded the Jackdaw, set sail and went past the ship and it was automatically mine. ;)

Shahkulu101
11-11-2013, 02:31 AM
One of the things I really love is how some assassination contracts require you to go underwater and 'fish' out your target.

I'm so sorry guys, genuinely.

TheDanteEX
11-11-2013, 02:45 AM
I wonder if there were any moral complaints about being able to tackle children.

ladyleonhart
11-11-2013, 02:57 AM
It makes sense though, that a tiny blade cannot penetrate crocodile skin! :p

I don't know the reason behind it, but I also tried air assassinating the crocodiles. The thing is, you could air assassinate alligators with Aveline in AC: Liberation, so I really expected it to work.