PDA

View Full Version : Optional Objectives of a Mission

Birdiemaker
11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Hello to the forum,

sorry if this a dumb question, but where do I find the optional objectives of a mission (while I am in the mission) - I cannot find it...

Thanks for your support...

Ardil
11-10-2013, 09:29 PM
You press start and it should be there except if you already failed at achieving it :). For example if it says that you should not be detected but you do get detected then it won't show in the start screen however if you still haven't been detected it will show.

Birdiemaker
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your answer which helps me to understand the problem.

Obviously - my problem is that I usually play with all HUD elements off (except SSI) so I do not get the optional objectives on the screen. Thus I was not aware of the first optional objectives, I missed them and, as you said, then they won't show up anymore.
Probably I have to switch on the "Update" and/or "Tutorial" HUD element to work around that issue..

BlackMrktBeagle
11-11-2013, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure it has to do with your HUD settings. I play with them all on, and I frequently missed seeing that there were optional objectives until I had failed them. They show up along the way, they're not always there from the beginning. It got to the point where every time I hit a checkpoint I'd pop open the main screen to check if there were new ones.

Birdiemaker
11-11-2013, 12:50 PM
well - I am wondering why the developers changed the design of this game feature - the way it was designed in AC3 was far better (in my opinion).

SenseHomunculus
11-11-2013, 08:27 PM
One thing I found slightly annoying in the missions is where you had to remain undetected, but it didn't tell you that upfront. It just says "kill so-and-so" but when you charged in to butcher all the guards in the area first, you get desynchronized and have to return to the last checkpoint. Didn't say you had to kill so-and-so AND remain undetected.

Xander_Wolf
03-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Honestly, Ubi should forget about the "Optional Objectives" altogether and go back to the old days.

They are just annoying and break the freedom of moving and doing as we want to.

OR they should not call them "optional".

If they are so "optional", then why do we need them to achieve 100% sync...?

pittbull4200
03-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Hello to the forum,

sorry if this a dumb question, but where do I find the optional objectives of a mission (while I am in the mission) - I cannot find it...

Thanks for your support...

On PC hit Escape for pause menu should list there