PDA

View Full Version : the eden part is getting worse

bismp
11-10-2013, 04:56 PM
IMO the eden part is getting worse and worse.At first everyone spoke about the apples of eden (ac 1 &2) and got really excited ,but weren't able to use them.
Then,in brotherhood we finally had the chance to use the aple and feel its power!it was pretty cool in my opinion.
But,from that point on all this eden thing started to decline.after all the fuss about the Grand temple in revelations and all the struggle to get the 2 keys(the apple and the "connor"key) there wasn't pretty much anything THAT important in there.
I haven't played AC 4 yet,but i've seen some walkthroughs and i can say i am dissapointed again.The observatory seems completely useless to me and the skull is no way matching the abilities of the apple.(if i am not mistaken)
I actually feel that the pieces of eden and the temples should be given a more important role in the next games

AdamPearce
11-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Totally agree with you.

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Because obviously the mythical First Civilisation should only be about magical golden apples...

An entire ancient community should be built merely on one or two apples of eden. Yeeeeeeesss, that makes sense! :nonchalance:

Toa TAK
11-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Because obviously the mythical First Civilisation should only be about magical golden apples...

An entire ancient community should be built merely on one or two apples of eden. Yeeeeeeesss, that makes sense! :nonchalance:

To be fair, until the Crystal Skull, I don't think anything else has been as interesting as the Apples.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I totally agree with you especially with the last part. They should be given more importance and relevance to present day not just video games that we’re testing in present day.

guardian_titan
11-10-2013, 07:31 PM
There's supposedly like 50 Pieces of Eden in existence in the modern day although there is mention there may be 66, but could just be a mistranslation. Of those, we know of quite a few of them although some are still unknown. The Assassin's Creed wiki lists what's known and what got destroyed. Personally, I'm glad to see other aspects of the Precursors and not just be stuck on Apples. There's more to the culture than Apples. There has to be advancement somewhere or things get really boring. Why do the comics get to go into other Pieces while the games get stuck on one part of the whole? The fact that AC3 didn't touch an Apple until ToKW (during Connor's story anyway) was interesting. Then AC4 doesn't touch an Apple at all ... unless Adewalé finds one which I wouldn't put it past Ubisoft to do. Even Aveline's game didn't go into Apples. It was on a disc. Not every Piece of Eden will do the same thing, either, or that gets really boring.

Why should the story keep using using the same old Apple of Eden and have every assassin use it when they run into it? Or why should the Precursor item/location found in each game be used in that game? There's obviously a setup for later stories. Granted, I have my parts of the story I'm not happy about and I only get more and more pissed the longer I have to think about it before the PC version finally comes out, but Ubisoft is known for cliffhangers in the series. You obviously played previous games so are aware of that. AC4 is just setting the stage for the next story arc. Not likely AC5 will continue with the Kenways, but it'll likely continue with the thread of the observatory and Precursor blood vials. If you recall, those are mentioned as being gone by the time Edward gets there. So those may have more value than what we know, perhaps more than the observatory itself. And if Abstergo got those vials, who's to say they won't attempt to clone a Precursor or something. Granted, 80k year old blood might be pretty dry by now, but you never know what Ubisoft will pull out of their hats. In the AC world, I wouldn't put it past them to have the blood still be pristine.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

When it comes down to it, there's more to the game than Pieces of Eden. There's the culture that made them, too. Advancing their story also advances the Pieces of Eden plot, but advancing the Piece of Eden plot doesn't necessarily advance the Precursor one. That'd be like us studying ancient tools but not the bones found near said tools. Need to know the people to know the tools they created. Pieces of Eden are pretty dangerous to use so understanding those who used them might help reduce the danger using them.

bismp
11-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Well , i agree that having different things isn't bad,but what about the ancestor's part.why the hell would the assassins or the templars want to get in a place like the grand temple or the observatory?

DinoSteve1
11-10-2013, 08:31 PM
We need a game that shows Assassins in a modern day setting fighting for pieces of Eden, to show the affect the past is having on the present. Like for instance the Crystal Skull if the Templers got there hands on it today would be a fearsome weapon. I would also like to see the effect Juno is having on the world.

EaglePrince25
11-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Well at no point did it ever seem like any of the Pieces of Eden were going to be usable in regular game play. Even the Apple you only get to use once with Ezio and once with Desmond, so the abilities not being cool don't really matter in terms of the player. Beyond that, the ability of the Observatory is much more widespread than the Apple, and would serve the purposes of both the Templars and the Assassin's more than the Apples ever have. Why would they not want to be able to spy on their enemies and hear what they're saying? It'd be a major step in ending the conflict forever and wiping one side out. Forget sleeper agents and the like, anything you need to know would only require a blood sample.

I'm personally glad they're going into other Pieces and remnants of First Civilization tech, especially as it was all hinted at during the end of the first game when Altair saw that map of the world and the locations of different Piece. I always thought after that we'd see different kinds and after so many games Ubisoft's finally stopped disappointing me. The Ezio trilogy was excellent, but they only ever focused on 1 Apple (And revealed the 2nd one at the very end.) when we already knew of over 40 other Pieces existing by this point. Beyond that, i'd like for Ubisoft to have a game that took place more in the present era than the past, just so we can have more experience with the Pieces of Eden in the present.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:45 PM
There's supposedly like 50 Pieces of Eden in existence in the modern day although there is mention there may be 66, but could just be a mistranslation. Of those, we know of quite a few of them although some are still unknown. The Assassin's Creed wiki lists what's known and what got destroyed. Personally, I'm glad to see other aspects of the Precursors and not just be stuck on Apples. There's more to the culture than Apples. There has to be advancement somewhere or things get really boring. Why do the comics get to go into other Pieces while the games get stuck on one part of the whole? The fact that AC3 didn't touch an Apple until ToKW (during Connor's story anyway) was interesting. Then AC4 doesn't touch an Apple at all ... unless Adewalé finds one which I wouldn't put it past Ubisoft to do. Even Aveline's game didn't go into Apples. It was on a disc. Not every Piece of Eden will do the same thing, either, or that gets really boring.

Why should the story keep using using the same old Apple of Eden and have every assassin use it when they run into it? Or why should the Precursor item/location found in each game be used in that game? There's obviously a setup for later stories. Granted, I have my parts of the story I'm not happy about and I only get more and more pissed the longer I have to think about it before the PC version finally comes out, but Ubisoft is known for cliffhangers in the series. You obviously played previous games so are aware of that. AC4 is just setting the stage for the next story arc. Not likely AC5 will continue with the Kenways, but it'll likely continue with the thread of the observatory and Precursor blood vials. If you recall, those are mentioned as being gone by the time Edward gets there. So those may have more value than what we know, perhaps more than the observatory itself. And if Abstergo got those vials, who's to say they won't attempt to clone a Precursor or something. Granted, 80k year old blood might be pretty dry by now, but you never know what Ubisoft will pull out of their hats. In the AC world, I wouldn't put it past them to have the blood still be pristine.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

When it comes down to it, there's more to the game than Pieces of Eden. There's the culture that made them, too. Advancing their story also advances the Pieces of Eden plot, but advancing the Piece of Eden plot doesn't necessarily advance the Precursor one. That'd be like us studying ancient tools but not the bones found near said tools. Need to know the people to know the tools they created. Pieces of Eden are pretty dangerous to use so understanding those who used them might help reduce the danger using them.

I agree with you about the comics thing. I’ve always wondered we haven’t touched the Shroud for example or even knew other races of the First Civ. I’m sure a whole civilization that spanned across the Earth had different races or nations of people with 6 senses. I mean you can’t possibly tell the story of the human race by showing Barack Obama, Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein, LOL. I’m sure there were other people of power, people of essential roles from the First Civ. other than Juno, Minerva and Tinia. I’d love to see them explore that and I’d love to see some relevancy to modern day story.

I really hope AC4 is just here to set the stage for more like ACII did because if the games remain this pale, we can kiss AC’s storytelling goodbye and welcome a new era of a historical GTA.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I believe that they should REBOOT from scratch the all series, with new gameplay and new story ARC because it is going no where now, Assassin Vs Templar,their cause and motivations, Apple of Eden etcetera....