PDA

View Full Version : I've lost everything!!

KilaRoach
11-10-2013, 06:49 AM
I start up the XBOX and load RS 2014 tonight and I get this message:

"Warning!
The save file appears to be damaged and cannot be loaded. Do you want
to overwrite and create new save data?"

What the fawk???
When I cancel out of that, the game starts me from the very beginning, asking if I've ever played Rocksmith before.
I've got over 50 hours into the game, played 325 song play throughs and nearly 500 achievement points.
and now I have to start over !?!

This really sucks!

berad88
11-10-2013, 09:20 AM
That really sucks especially after all the work you put into playing RS2014. In the original Rocksmith I had to start over once because of a corrupted hard drive so for RS 2014 I been saving to the cloud hoping that would eliminate any of those kinds of problems but I am not sure if cloud saves are safe from corruption or not.

Black_Widow9
11-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Oh man! :(

Please create a Ticket with Support and they may be able to help you but I'm not sure with the Save. There is an issue with the Support site at the moment that is being investigated so if you cannot access it, please check back later.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

RokDog007
11-10-2013, 01:22 PM
ouch!

Marauder359
11-10-2013, 02:46 PM
That really sucks especially after all the work you put into playing RS2014. In the original Rocksmith I had to start over once because of a corrupted hard drive so for RS 2014 I been saving to the cloud hoping that would eliminate any of those kinds of problems but I am not sure if cloud saves are safe from corruption or not.

I doubt cloud saves are safe from corruption, however, cloud saves have the benefit of being able to be a backup. Every week or so, go in and copy your hard drive save data file into the cloud. This creates a separate backup. You might lose a week or less of progress, but not your whole thing as kilaroach did here if you ever need to switch over to it.

PTrash13
11-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Man, I'm very sad to hear this! Backing up to a thumb drive right now...

Yerbatera
11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh my, that hurts. How do you save your files on XBox? I think this makes me wanna do a little backing up :p

Marauder359
11-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Oh my, that hurts. How do you save your files on XBox? I think this makes me wanna do a little backing up :p

It does it automatically within the game itself, but you can go to your dashboard, settings, memory, select the RS2014 game play save, and then choose to copy it to cloud. Done.

sh1kamaru-
11-10-2013, 04:21 PM

on PS3 you can put your save on playstation plus or an a pendrive, which I do quite often for all my games. I keep my fingers crossed but for now I never had to restore old data

Yerbatera
11-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys, I looked on the internet and found the procedure. I put it on a USB drive and I'm gonna sleep better now. :) Much more difficult to find the save data for RB than for RS though. It was burried among all the DLC I own.

Kynlore
11-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Did you shut down while the game was saving?

That's a sure way to corrupt a save. I've done it before myself. Sometimes the icon pops-up unexpectedly.

KilaRoach
11-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I've been having the typical XBOX game freezes.
I think the last time it froze yesterday it may have been saving because it was after the end of a song.

LvlNinety9
11-10-2013, 07:29 PM
This really sucks. They really need to come out with a patch quick fast and in a hurry. I've had to occasional Xbox freeze but have been lucky to not lose my save. I've got almost 3 days of time invested and have started backing up my saves to the cloud after my sessions just in case. But to be honest this problem is making me want to put down 2014 until they fix the problems.

Just got a reply from Paul Cross on Twitter and he said they are investing everything and will be releasing a patch soon.

Marauder359
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Just got a reply from Paul Cross on Twitter and he said they are investing everything and will be releasing a patch soon.

Which is exactly what they said last time and it took 4 months to release a patch which didn't fix everything and 11 from the actual release before the patch that did fix things was released.... Let's hope they realize this time they don't have that much time to spare.

jrwRex
01-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Same thing happened to me today. I was in the middle of a lesson and chose Exit Lesson from the menu. RS then locked up and I eventually had to shut down the Xbox 360. When I turned it back on and started RS I got a message about my data file being corrupt and it asked if I wanted to overwrite or start a new file. Well, I had to start a new file and after playing for just over a month I lost a lot of progress in the game as others have.
After doing some reading in the forum today, I found threads like this one today and I quickly configured the Xbox to backup my data the Cloud.

rcole_sooner
01-19-2014, 01:52 AM
This really seems like it belongs in the support vs the gear forum.