PDA

View Full Version : White Whales/Royal Convoys no longer appearing

bayofangels
11-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Social elements such as the White Whales and Royal Convoys have not been appearing for a few days now. The problem dates to around the time the Online Pass became free - I had already redeemed it beforehand.

This seems to be an issue others have had as well: Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/805894-Royal-convey-icon-in-the-map-but-nothing-there-and-the-icon-don-t-go-away) Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/807018-Social-Shizzle) Link (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803787-amp-ALL-SYSTEMS-ACIV-BF-Single-Player-Official-Bugs-Issues-Thread-*Possible-SPOILERS/page13?p=9364147#post9364147)

Existing Convoy icons remain on the map (I have around 6 dotted about) but there is nothing actually there.

UK - Xbox 360 retail copy
My gamertag is Bayofangels
Issue began a few days ago
No internet problems - I'm using Kenway's Fleet fine.

It would be good to know if others have had this problem and if Ubisoft is aware.

rec0n09
11-10-2013, 08:15 AM
I have this exact same problem and I live in the US. I was at about %75 game completion when the special events (White Whale and Treasure Chests) stopped appearing. There are 2 blue treasure chests on my map now. One in the Cayman Sound at (334,332) and the other one in Great Inagua at (845,468). When I go to those locations there is no treasure chest, but they are on my map. I called the customer support, but they didn't know what to do except for write a note in their computer about this problem. They also asked me to make sure I was connected to their server by checking if the signal in the bottom left hand corner of the screen was clear or white. Mine have always been all white and connected to their server. I can always access Edward's Fleet and my special uniforms, Connor, Altair, and Ezio. So no help on this problem, but you are not alone brother.

I am now at 99% completion and this problem has still not been fixed. Just waiting for Edward's fleet to retrieve the last buried treasure map and I'll be at 100%.

spiderob
11-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Me too and it's driving me crazy! I found the white whale when I very first started playing the game but kept getting destroyed by it. Now I've got all the upgrades and can't find it to save my life!~

I'm really starting to feel like Captain Ahab.

AngryRaisin
11-27-2013, 04:47 PM
I just found a community chest last night so it doesn't appear to be a system-wide thing.

AngryRaisin
11-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I found two white whale locations and a Royal Convoy in the past few hours.

AoD pbarny
11-29-2013, 09:12 AM
same for me!! I have 100% completion in the game but I just do not have the weapons/outfits for completing community challenges. somebody please advise on how this is going to be fixed:(

Vogue_77
11-29-2013, 07:28 PM
I found several of both (PC here) yet haven't unlocked the challenges (killed at least 6 white wales yesterday and sunk 4 RC all blue code colored).

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 08:52 PM
same for me!! I have 100% completion in the game but I just do not have the weapons/outfits for completing community challenges. somebody please advise on how this is going to be fixed:(

When PC gets Community Challenges for Single Player.

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 08:57 PM
I found several of both (PC here) yet haven't unlocked the challenges (killed at least 6 white wales yesterday and sunk 4 RC all blue code colored).

Social Events are not Community Challenges.

For example, the chests, the white whales and the Royal Convoys are all Social Events. If you're on my friend's list, and I find one, you'll see it too. That's all it does.

Community Challenges are challenges set up by Ubisoft that require the community to do "something" together. The first one, on Console, required 20 million assassinations. To achieve the challenge and acquire the reward (Explorer's Outfit) you had to partake and contribute at least 20 of those assassinations yourself. These would be stealth kills, with the hidden blade, and if guards are alerted and you kill them, it doesn't count to your total.

Currently, there has not been a Single Player PC or Next Gen Community Challenge but they'll be along soon.

TerminusCross
12-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Social Events are not Community Challenges.

For example, the chests, the white whales and the Royal Convoys are all Social Events. If you're on my friend's list, and I find one, you'll see it too. That's all it does.

I'm aware of this. In fact, even if no one in my list is playing the game, I should still be able to find these three things. Been playing for two weeks now, and I found none of them on my own. I found one white whale that someone else found and I was notified. Otherwise, nothing ever appears.

AoD pbarny
12-01-2013, 02:30 PM
When PC gets Community Challenges for Single Player.

cheers

D.JELONEK
12-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Well, it would seem this is now a problem AGAIN in December 2013. Wonder when they will finally fix this, this time?? I'm all for online stuff... but making it part of the actual game like this JUST BLOWS!!!! Seems to me UBI is gone the way of EA, and, well, try to find an EA game in my house! Actually, this is worse.... 100% completion of the base game should not require an internet connection to attain, I bought the game to play and beat.... LET ME FINISH IT. Love the games, but if this "online needed" is a glimpse of UBI's plans for the future of assassin's..... I'll watch the story from now on on Youtube!

OneWayRider
12-15-2013, 03:59 AM
I've had the same issue now for a week or so. Very early in the game, found and killed one white whale. Found several "community shared" chests and convoys. Then, they just stopped appearing. Well, one blue convoy is shown on my map, but when I go to that location, there's nothing there. Don't know what the problem is, but without a fix for this, I won't be able to get the other two white whale kills I need for the whaling outfit.

And that would be a drag.

Playing on Xbox One in the US. Connections to internet and server are perfect otherwise.

eyelsi
12-15-2013, 03:19 PM
for the outfit u can still buy the skin at the store.

its for us that wants to reach 100% - because we're too late to play the game they're punishing us so that we don't get 100% it seems like...

necros1977
12-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I am italian my play necros1977 while ps4 nick is tovelove1 or remo caraffa

elric3000
12-29-2013, 08:43 PM
I was playing offline for a while, Ethernet wire popped out while I was in rough waters and I didn't notice as I was quite busy, but Royal Convoys appeared, and a short while later, a White Whale appeared on the Starboard side but unfortunately I seemed out of harpoon range as I didn't get a prompt.

elric3000
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
What Community Chests? Oh, I've heard of these mythical occurrences, but I've not found one in Single Player.

mattmotion
12-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Reposting advice I got from Ubisoft earlier yesterday.

I just called Ubisoft support at 1 (888) 824-7038. I had to wait in the queue for a long while (at slot 1 the whole time), but eventually I got through. A very helpful guy at the other end of the line heard me describe the issues I've run into trying to get social events to appear (zip after 100% completion and nearly all challenges done), and he confirmed that there have been multiple tickets open on the issue with only a small variance in the details.

The support guy confirmed that the issue has been raised to the development team, but also confirmed that said team is pretty much on vacation for at least another week or two due to the holidays. I then asked about the chances of social events on PlayStation 4 being looked into and fixed (I brought up Assassin's Creed III's issues as a counterexample), and he believed that the odds were good but couldn't guarantee anything.

He recommended that I encourage friends and everyone seeing this issue call 1 (888) 824-7038 to open tickets.

Basically, triaging bugs like this is a numbers game at Ubisoft; rather than a quality bar, the deciding factor of what gets looked into (and fixed) and what gets ignored is based on traffic, pure and simple. Resource allocation to a bug only makes sense if a known issue gets enough volume--otherwise pulling developers aside to fix a released title just isn't worth it. (This last bit is my interpretation.)

So here's my post. And I recommend calling in just to get a human response to what many of us are seeing as a gaping hole in an otherwise excellent release. Maybe I was just lucky, but the guys running support seem to be invested and attentive--makes me wish they had the final call in deciding when an Ubisoft release is actually ready.

Here is my post to join in on the complaint regarding social chests. This is totally ridiculous. Calling in as well. Everyone please follow suit!

On a side note, were the developers sitting around a meeting table before the holiday break and saying "hmm, how can we REALLY piss off our fans/players before the new year"? I mean, why else would they do this before a holiday break when they know they won't be able to respond to complaints?