PDA

View Full Version : Ezio and Edward are very similar.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 12:51 PM
They both lack beds on their private rooms, the poor guys, condemned to sleep on chairs or the floor for several years.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m210fp4pHE1qa5rnho4_r2_400.gif

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Well it could be worse... Connor had a bed in his room but not a door. Now THAT'S suffering!

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Well it could be worse... Connor had a bed in his room but not a door. Now THAT'S suffering!
Connor hardly used that comfortable bed from this conversation, he did suffer from the loss of sleep:

In a conversation with an Assassin Recruit (I forgot which one).. Connor was asked does he sleep? Connor replied he doesn't and tries not to think about it - I paraphrased something along those lines.

So in a way all Assassins suffer from insomnia. Their career as Assassins makes them loose their normal sleeping patterns.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 01:08 PM

Ezio had to climb a ladder to get to his room, imagine having to climb a ladder to get in to your room after a tiring hard day at work.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 01:12 PM
And poor Altair? Where did he sleep?

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Nothing it was never mentioned where Alttair slept, I assume somewhere in Masyaf Castle in AC1.

All we know is that Altair finally fell asleep for eternity in a chair, in Revelations.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Nothing it was never mentioned where Alttair slept, I assume somewhere in Masyaf Castle in AC1.

All we know is that Altair finally fell asleep for eternity in a chair, in Revelations.
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! *BLINK* *erases that from memory*

I think Altair must have slept in the Bureau. Well, when he wasn't cussed by Malik.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Altair starved to death on a chair, Ezio died of an heart attack on a bench, Yusuf bleed to death on a bench and Achilles died of old age on a chair, i wonder where Edward and Connor died.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! *BLINK* *erases that from memory*

I think Altair must have slept in the Bureau. Well, when he wasn't cussed by Malik.
Yeah maybe.. only after when Malik talked about Novices, or maybe after finding out the truth about Al Mualim.

--------------------

Also @Ze_topazio: No Edward spoilers because I've not finished playing AC4.. I only know much about Edward as Forsaken at this point.

Connor we may never know of his fate.. :'(

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I never read Forsaken and i haven't finished IV yet, finished sequence 5 last night, i don't know either.

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Pretty sure Edward has a bed at his Manor. I had implied sex with one of the cleaners in it.

Rithrius
11-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Altaďr was old-school. He slept in whatever haystack he jumped into.

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Altaďr was old-school. He slept in whatever haystack he jumped into.

So does Edward after a few too many swigs of rum ;)

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Haystacks! *slaps head* But OF COURSE!!!

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Haystacks are for the weak, Desmond slept in an Animus, rather impressive.

EaglePrince25
11-09-2013, 04:06 PM

After his wife was murdered, on the cold hard ground i'd imagine.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 04:26 PM
After his wife was murdered, on the cold hard ground i'd imagine.
I am depressed by this thread now. lol

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Altair slept on the tip of a spire atop the Masyaf castle.
Ezio slept on the tip of Venice towers.
Connor slept on the tip of every tree.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Altair slept on the tip of a spire atop the Masyaf castle.
Ezio slept on the tip of Venice towers.
Connor slept on the tip of every tree.
Exactly what I was thinking... you really need to stop reading my mind..

Also Connor would sometimes take a nap at Packanack in one of the trees over there just above the bears, he liked that sense of danger. Packanack was his favorite place in the Frontier to take naps in trees. ;)

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Also Conoor would sometimes take a nap at Packanack in one of the trees over there just above the bears, he liked that sense of danger. Packanack was his favorite place in the Frontier to take naps in trees. ;)
You... you... misspelled Conner's name!? You of all people!? *le gasp*
^^

Sushiglutton
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Connor had the dullest sleeping habits.

yeah, that was a joke :nonchalance:

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 04:47 PM
You... you... misspelled Conner's name!? You of all people!? *le gasp*
^^
:eek: :eek:

I type fast and that doesn't happen too often, I corrected that mistake quickly!

I must mention that I never misspell Connor's real name: Ratonhnhaké:ton :D

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 04:49 PM
I loved Packanack, I used to love just watching the Bears. Sometimes they'd be leaning against a rock, scratching their back on a tree or chasing their little cubs around the beachfront. Then I'd swoop in and somehow kill the magnificent beast with a puny hidden blade.

Sushiglutton
11-09-2013, 04:49 PM
:eek: :eek:

I type fast and that doesn't happen too often, I corrected that mistake quickly!

I must mention that I never misspell Connor's realy name: Ratonhnhaké:ton :D

This is something I've been wondering, maybe you can answer. Why is there a ':' in his name? Is this common when Mohawk names are translated? What does it do in terms of pronunciation?

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Connor had the dullest sleeping habits.

yeah, that was a joke :nonchalance:
Well Connor would end up sleeping on his stomach a lot, this is evident when he find Achillies and sleeps in the stable and when Connor is in prison and he ends up falling off the bed and he's sleeping on his stomach. I believe he's a restless sleeper.

I loved Packanack, I used to love just watching the Bears. Sometimes they'd be leaning against a rock, scratching their back on a tree or chasing their little cubs around the beachfront. Then I'd swoop in and somehow kill the magnificent beast with a puny hidden blade.
Yeah same thing happend to me, I loved Packanack for the sense of consent danger there epseically if you got too close to the bear clubs. Momma bear ain't happy. :D

This is something I've been wondering, maybe you can answer. Why is there a ':' in his name? Is this common when Mohawk names are translated? What does it do in terms of pronunciation?
Yes I can answer your question.

':" Means a high tone especially after é. In the name Ratonhnhaké:ton the é is defined in tone the : is to have empathis in the high tone with the long vowel of é.

Yes we have : in names to define values in sound and tone.

Sometimes the : is used to define a failing low tone as well.

I hope this helps to answer your question. I'm not fluent in my language Kanien'keha but I am learning. :)

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM

':" Means a failing high tone especially after é. In the name Ratonhnhaé the é is defined in tone the : is to have empathis in the high tone with the long vowel of é.

I hope this helps to answer your question. I'm not fluent in my language Kanien'keha but I am learning. :)How do you actually pronounce his name? Everyone says it differently.

Sushiglutton
11-09-2013, 05:09 PM

':" Means a high tone especially after é. In the name Ratonhnhaké:ton the é is defined in tone the : is to have empathis in the high tone with the long vowel of é.

Sometimes the : is used to define a failing low tone as well.

I hope this helps to answer your question. I'm not fluent in my language Kanien'keha but I am learning. :)

Awesome, thank you I think I finally get it! It checks out with how the natives say his name in the game as far as I recall. The melody of the language is very different from any other language I have heard. Good look with the study :)!

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 05:27 PM
How do you actually pronounce his name? Everyone says it differently.
Please listen to how Ratonhnhaké:ton is pronounced in game is the best resource I can give you. It's hard to describe but easeir to understand when his name is heard.

Awesome, thank you I think I finally get it! It checks out with how the natives say his name in the game as far as I recall. The melody of the language is very different from any other language I have heard. Good look with the study :)!
You're very welcome! I'm happy that you understand. :)

Thank you I agree our language is unique and the melody is beautiful.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I believe the Clanmothers pronunciation to be the correct one.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Please listen to how Ratonhnhaké:ton is pronounced in game is the best resource I can give you. It's hard to describe but easeir to understand when his name is heard. Even in the game it's said differently though, even Connor himself pronounces it weird haha.

I believe the Clanmothers pronunciation to be the correct one.I love the way she says it, she is now the official Connor correct namer.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Ezio and Edward are very similar?...Hum, so PS3 and Xbox 360 are too.:cool:

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Ezio and Edward are very similar?...Hum, so PS3 and Xbox 360 are too.:cool:If that's the case then PC is TWCB.

The master race.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:39 PM
If that's the case then PC is TWCB.

The master race.
effed by their peasants...that's not exactly a good example

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
effed by their peasants...that's not exactly a good exampleeffed? Really, how kiddie/child/unsenior of you.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:42 PM
effed? Really, how kiddie/child/unsenior of you.
lol, hit a nerve

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:44 PM
lol, hit a nerveNo you pleb, how would that hit a nerve? I was using your own crap back on you, child. You must be one of those queens that take to the throne early.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 05:45 PM
lol, hit a nerve

that's like 200 unsenior.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:50 PM
No you pleb, how would that hit a nerve? I was using your own crap back on you, child. You must be one of those queens that take to the throne early.
It's okay

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:52 PM
It's okayThanks matey

Kagurra
11-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I'm sure Edward gets enough sleep, wherever he chooses. Also probably surrounded by women.

Edward does what he wants.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 06:12 PM
^ I only see men on his ship though, unless they're hidden somewhere, that ship is one big sausage fest.

Kagurra
11-09-2013, 06:17 PM
^ I only see men on his ship though, unless they're hidden somewhere, that ship is one big sausage fest.

Nahhh not on the ship, We've confirmed there's no bed there. But in the cities...

He just doesn't need to sleep the whole time they're sailing on the seas... because well, he's Edward. And people have said that other Assassins don't sleep much.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Maybe it's because they're vampires.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 06:24 PM
At nights it's called.... the Vampdaw...

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:26 PM
And in the day, it sparkles.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 06:26 PM
SHUT UP SHUT UP Noo, okay? no

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Well... the captain IS called Edward. I can see some connection now...

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Well... the captain IS called Edward. I can see some connection now...This is too much, it ain't no coincidence.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Adewale is Blade.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 06:40 PM
But who is Buffy?

Kagurra
11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
But who is Buffy?

Lucy. But she's dead.