PDA

View Full Version : AC2 and AC2: Brotherhood DRM

PointyEBT
11-09-2013, 05:16 AM
Hi.

I'm a massive fan of these games and because I talk about them so much, one of my friends wants to buy them to play herself. She's a PC person like me, but doesn't have a permanent internet connection.

Several years down the line, if she has a box copy of these games, will she be able to play when she's not connected to the internet? I get the one-time registration thing, but it's the constant connection that will be a problem if it's still required.

I don't want her to buy these games and then find out she can't play, so I'm hoping to get an answer. :)

Thanks

SixKeys
11-09-2013, 05:33 AM
The DRM was removed from those games years ago, the newer AC games don't have it either. Your friend only has to create a Uplay account and then she can choose to play the games online or offline.

ace3001
11-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Upon first installation, you have to login to Uplay once, but then you can set it to offline mode. That always online thing is long gone. Brotherhood never had it in the first place.

PointyEBT
11-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Okay that's good to know. I was't sure as my version of the game was a Steam purchase and I'm online all the time anyway, and the boxed copies I've seen still have the 'you need a permanent internet connection to play this game' sign on them. I'll let her know she's safe to buy and play offline. Thanks. :)