PDA

View Full Version : Connor...since he belongs to the fanbase now [Spoilers]

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:09 AM
So this isn't a soap thread, it's not a smartass thread and not a fighting thread. this is a thread for the Character of Connor and how WE, the fans, can shape the rest of his life. this is a chance for everyone to get creative and dig into the history of America (or any other place if you wish) during Connor's lifetime that you might see as shaping the rest of Connor's life. What do you think Connor's character becomes like? Who does he marry? how many children does he have? does he ever adopt a surname? does he ever catch a freakin` break? what happens to his Homestead? So many questions to fuel your creativity on here. think about ANY missing pieces you'd like to fill or any events you'd like to shape Connor's character...lets all just accept that this is what he's getting. Honestly, I'm satisfied with AC III and Connor's arc and fighting and sobbing wont get us anywhere...SO...if you're here to complain about how Connor got unfair treatment, you're off-topic...if you're here to stir the crap pot, you're off-topic..PLEASE, keep this on topic and get creative.

AC IV SPOILERS
AC IV advances Connor's story by a LITTLE bit and opens room for speculation. in 1784, Connor enlists Aveline's help to recruit a slave rebellion leader, Patience Gibbs. in his letter to Aveline, he mentions how he wants to recruit her into the Brotherhood so that her skills may be better focused against fighting tyranny. We gather from this that Connor most likely becomes the de facto mentor of the American Colonies' Brotherhood, since he seems to be in charge of running the Brotherhood's operations. He also seems to have focused all of his efforts on the slave trade in the newly independent colonies...maybe you can add a twist to this whole thing and say that Connor only wanted Gibbs to take her Charm and that he's an evil bastard...whatever you want.

Wolfmeister1010
11-09-2013, 04:23 AM
I believe that he will go to montreal and the mid west, based on the abstergo email easter egg of the 19th century ancestor. He participates in war of 1812, witnesses natove american removal to the west(hence its location of new england AND american midwest. On the matrilineal side, there is a french revolution assassin. This assassin meets Connor somehow in Montreal or France or something, and they become lovers, combining both sides of the family.

Modern day reason: after infiltrating abstergo, the assassins use the data they got from the ACIV protagonist to realize that there is some history or something about the abstergo HQ in montreal, maybe it was a templar HQ, and they need to witness connor memories to discover it.

Lets see...new gameplay features...
1. HUGE next gen expansive frontier from new england to midwest, no more naval, or not as much as ACIV
2. New and improved horse control, Connor has bond with his horse, becomes second main character like Jackdaw.
IDK, what other new gameplay stuff could they add?

Boom. ACV. What do you think M?

Kaschra
11-09-2013, 04:27 AM
I have the headcanon that Connor dies in a fight and at a rather young age, just like his father and grandfather did... aka Kenway men are automatically screwed by life :I

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:29 AM
I have the headcanon that Connor dies in a fight and at a rather young age, just like his father and grandfather did...
In front of their Children :|

Kaschra
11-09-2013, 04:36 AM
In front of their Children :|
[Haytham Voice] Well, yes.

TheDanteEX
11-09-2013, 05:39 AM
I'm certain Connor will eventually get a canon continuation of his story, even if it is just on his demise. Many characters have their stories fleshed out, even the most minor of characters. So I'm pretty sure we'll know what happens to Connor at some point, by some means. I wouldn't be surprised if they already knew how his whole story goes down.

pacmanate
11-09-2013, 05:59 AM
Probably dies, marries Norris.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:04 AM
I will be interested to see and certainly play a final chapter of Connor and Aveline working together - I believe the concept could be interesting and gives a nice accomplice panache to Connor and Aveline. I could see the action during either the French revolution or in England. I also believe that for more coherence to the all story Connor or Aveline should not fight against Templars, but have some other objectives like slavery, idealism regarding freedom and fight against European secret society still existing in Europe.
I believe that Ubisoft could release it as an Arcade (HD) like they are going to do for AC Liberation. Now since they apparently don't release that for the Wii-U, I do not know if an arcade version will be the best way to make everybody happy.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:05 AM
After the events of AC3 he travels east to Constantinople looking for the 5 keys to Masayf to unlock Altair's library, only to discover Ezio already went there almost 300 years earlier. At Masayf he finds the apple Ezio left there and is ambushed by Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi and Steve Jobs.

He puts up a good fight but is injured in the battle, they proceed to take the Apple to the Italian Assassins but Steve Jobs made a deal with the Templars assassinating both Gandhi and Lincoln, he gives the Apple to the Templars and because of this the Templars give him ownership of a new technology company opening up and what is that company called?

Apple.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:20 AM
After the events of AC3 he travels east to Constantinople looking for the 5 keys to Masayf to unlock Altair's library, only to discover Ezio already went there almost 300 years earlier. At Masayf he finds the apple Ezio left there and is ambushed by Abraham Lincoln, Gandhi and Steve Jobs.

He puts up a good fight but is injured in the battle, they proceed to take the Apple to the Italian Assassins but Steve Jobs made a deal with the Templars assassinating both Gandhi and Lincoln, he gives the Apple to the Templars and because of this the Templars give him ownership of a new technology company opening up and what is that company called?

Apple.

Did he get an I-Pad! too? lol

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Did he gets an I-Pad! too? lolYes, but he never got an I-sequel lololol

Kagurra
11-09-2013, 06:31 AM
There's more threads about Connor right now than Edward...

Ew.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Yes, but he never got an I-sequel lololol

Lol, no, but you give me an idea - Ubisoft could come with a next console called like the U-Box and release the sequel on it for promoting the console.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:33 AM

Ew.

That thread was not about Connor?

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Lol, no, but you give me an idea - Ubisoft could come with a next console called like the U-Box and release the sequel on it for promoting the console.Yes, why not? Make all Ubi games exclusive to that console, then EA will do it, then Activision then Bethesda then even Take2 will do it. Making the PS4 and X1 only for indie games mwhahaha it's deceitfully brilliant.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Yes, why not? Make all Ubi games exclusive to that console, then EA will do it, then Activision then Bethesda then even Take2 will do it. Making the PS4 and X1 only for indie games mwhahaha it's deceitfully brilliant.

I was joking...., I hope they don't that will be the end of video gaming if the developers make their own consoles.

guardian_titan
11-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Got a little RPG Maker game I'm working on myself for Connor although who's to say how long it'll take me to do since I'm doing it myself. I'm still fiddling with the UI and mapping although I have the story semi-mapped out. I have yet to really do any sprites or portrait work yet. Debating how much of the mapping I really want to do. Can't get that accurate when the map is 2D. And parkour likely won't make it except in very limited situations ... which will likely be limited to cutscenes where I can trick the eye.

Rather long post so just sorted it under spoiler tags for easier reading. :p
I've spent since April looking at various events to figure out what I wanted to do. Decided to have my game pick up with Charles Lee's death and put it back in Philadelphia where it really occurred, then move it forward from there. No, you won't be redoing the chase. The scene will be a cutscene so you just watch. Not doing the chase part anyway. Just cutting to the final interaction between the two. Game ends in 1815. So I'm working from 1782-1815 although I intend to have scenes from 1778-1781. I do intend to retcon some details from AC3 such as Charles Lee being in the US when Ziio died and in the US during the Boston Massacre. He was in Europe both times. Likely just replace him with a guy who looked like Charles. Or Connor had Charles so badly on the brain, he was seeing things. :p Works the second time but the first time I'm reworking to make it seem realistic for Charles to be there. That brings me to the infamous Lee twins which I'm introducing. Also hoping to bring his Pomeranians (Father, Son, and Ghost were 3 of them if I recall correctly) back in as well as mention he lose 2 of his fingers while in Europe. Neither detail made it into AC3. Also found a cute story where Washington paid him a visit at his (West) Virginian estate and Charles Lee put a sign on his door basically telling Washington to **** off. I thought it was hilarious. :D He didn't really state that on the sign, but he basically told Washington to go away. Figured I had to mention that.

Wars I was planning on working with
1.) Northwest Indian War - Puts Connor in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee during 1785-1795. Also fits with the Abstergo e-mail.
- 1b.) An alternate path the player will be allowed to take is the French Revolution but you still have to do the Northwest Indian War until 1789. It's not the main path I intend the player to take but I'm putting it in these since people keep on pushing for it. Not sure how much I'll flesh it out since it'll likely only last as long as the Northwest Indian War thus ending in 1795 rather than going to 1799.
2.) Quasi-War - 1798-1800. An unofficial war between France and the US over the US not paying back the French for their help in the Revolution. Figured Connor would participate since the French were taking American trade ships. If Connor traded and sent ships to Europe, the French might take off with some of his ships.
3.) First Barbary War - 1801-1805. Same story as the French. Barbary pirates taking off with American trade ships.
4.) War of 1812 - 1812-1815. Pretty obvious it's significance for Connor.

I don't go past the War of 1812 with Connor so you don't follow him after that. That's not to say I don't follow later events like the Texas Revolution, etc but those are with Connor's son. Davy Crockett was apparently a supporter of the native tribes and left for Texas after disagreeing over the Trail of Tears ... only to die at the Alamo. Figured he'd likely be an ally of some sort. Guy's a big legend in the US. Would be unfair not to go into his story.

Romances
Depending how well I can do alternate paths, I have a total of 19 potential wives that Connor can take including several seen in AC3 and 2 he can have a relationship with but not marry. :p Each wife will have different children with only the youngest being shared among them all (this one being Desmond's ancestor). Only 1 wife will have all of her children unique to her and not a single shared. The romances will end up rather interesting to do for sure. Planning to program in 2 paths first and see how those play out, then work in the rest. If they go well enough, I may consider adding more.

Now with the Abstergo e-mail revealing locations in the paternal and maternal lines for Desmond, that may change up some of what I was planning. But for the most part, seems I wasn't that far off with what I was doing. I just have to figure out how to incorporate someone who was in the Midwest although 3 of the wives Connor can have he can meet during the Northwest Indian War, and I had them planned out before AC4 was released. One is a ballet dancer trying to sort out her life and start anew in the Midwest. Another is the wife of the new Templar grandmaster. The third is a fellow Assassin and a French-Indian. Not sure what her tribe will be quite yet. Thinking unlike Connor, she's primarily raised by her French father so knows little about her mother's tribe. Probably have she's from some obscure tribe that ended up slaughtered, possibly during the French and Indian War, making her the last and thus she really knows nothing of her mother or her people because that happened when she was still really young.

That's 3 of the 19. Got Ellen and Maria also as possible wives. Dobby's a romance as is Aveline but neither can be married. Dobby's age will be her reason. At most, she's just used to open Connor up to sexual encounters. :p Aveline will be married to someone else by the time Connor can pick up a romance with her. So the two just have a secret liaison that really goes no where beyond intimate dinners and conversations. So that's 7 of the possible 21 relationships and 5 of the possible 19 marriages. The rest I also have plotted out but going into 21 people is a bit much even if 4 are already known in AC3/AC3L.

Random feature that can be disabled
One fun feature I intend to have and finally got it working about 2 weeks ago is a hint system where a ghost Haytham helps you along. He won't fight so just offers you advice. Figured it'd be something cute for those that like the interactions between the two, but he can be disabled. If he remains enabled, he might make comments at various locations. One location I intend to put in the game is London so Haytham will make comments around town about his childhood. Fully intending other ghosts to also be seen if Haytham's enabled so you can get conversations between Haytham, Edward, and Connor or talk again to Charles Lee, etc. :p Even considering an interaction between Haytham and Reginald as well. Figured it'd just be something cute even though it doesn't really fit into the AC lore. Haytham will pretty much either reveal things you already know or will find out later or just be there for humor.

Collections
Got various collectibles I'm planning on like memory fragments to restore memories from 1778-1781. There will also be treasure map hunts to find Pieces of Eden and various ships to add to your fleet. Some of the ships are real. Most won't be. Also planning to have horses you can collect including, ironically enough, a stallion named Assassin who raced against a stallion named Achilles. Can't find anything on Achilles after his race against Assassin, but Assassin vanished from the record at age 19 in the 1790s. Figured that was too ironic to pass up. And yeah, both were real horses in the 1770s-1790s. Figured I couldn't pass up mentions of Eclipse, Highflyer, Herod, etc, either. Horse racing was up and coming at the time so why pass it up? Gives me an excuse to have Connor rub elbows with various elite figures who often had their nose in horse racing. Besides, I can't figure out how to do a bocce ball mini game ... or checkers and Nine Men's Morris. Fanorana can die in a fire. :mad: Anyway, three real stallions I chose for the game that Connor can get are Aimwell, Serjeant, and Sir Thomas. Figured Aimwell was too good to pass up. All 3 horses vanished from the record after retirement so figured they were easy enough to manipulate for my needs. The other horses will either be foals of real horses or entirely made up. The intention with the ships and horses is that both will generate a steady income for you throughout the game ... at least until 1812. By then, you should have everything anyway.

I'm also considering allowing for land to be bought starting after 1794 including Charles Lee's estate in (West) Virginia (Prato Rio). The estates will also generate a regular income if I can work it right and be where the various horses you get are kept. Also help explain how you get some of your trade goods to even sell since each estate could handle a different item or something.

Repeating quests
Due to the engine and the ability to chose story elements, you won't be able to repeat a mission unless you start a new game. Side quests will also be timed so once they open up, you'll have a short time to finish them. How long is related to finishing the main quest chain to finish the sequence. One side quest might only last a single main quest. Some might shut off after you complete the sequence. If you fail to complete a side quest, then you can't complete the rest of the chain in that side quest series. Debating if I want to be vicious and force the player to hunt down the side quests themselves or just have them auto unlock in the quest log. Or give a breadcrumb quest to tell you to go talk to such and such to continue with the side quest. The side quests will be intended to influence the ending of the game so doing them has some value. Trying to figure out an effective way to get players to do side quests. The romances will effect the ending since any children Connor has are part of the ending.

Modern day
Also got a modern day story mapped out, and unlike in AC4, you can chose your avatar (male or female). Rather hard to move around an RPG map without one anyway. Only other way I figured I could do it is have you play a dot or something, but who would want to romance a dot? :p The avatar will be allowed to have a potential romance path with certain characters that plays into the story later. The female player will get access to her story impacting romance earlier than the male player. Figured the guys always get the better end of things so going to shaft the guys for once. Planning this as a trilogy to follow Connor in game 1 and 2 of his sons in games 2 and 3. As of now, the modern story is planned to be in June 2013 with the second following immediately after but flashbacks to May 2013 which may include William Miles ... if Ubisoft doesn't actually give him a location at that time. The third will likely pick up a few years after.

I'm also intending to allow the player to be able to play select missions for other Kenways such as Edward or Haytham which are in years not touched upon either in AC4, AC3, Forsaken, or AC4's novel. Waiting on the AC4 novel to really plan much out there. The way I intend this to work is much like how Ubisoft originally intended Aveline to be accessible in AC4 which made me quite happy (hack your coworkers computers to access their "game").

Typical in progress statement
Although I do have a large part vaguely mapped out (I know most characters, locations, and events), since I'm still in the planning phase, not going to get too specific. Things might end up ditched if I find it too hard or I might completely redo something if I find something else that works better ... or Ubisoft screws me up by releasing something that completely contradicts what I did and I can't work with it. -.- I already ended up remapping my Abstergo building to better resemble the one in AC4 although mine's a different branch office ... located in the US. There's also the issue how I can get the second and third game to recognize what you did in the previous one.

I am intending a canon playthrough for Connor that will purposefully be more fleshed out and is what game 2 and 3 go off of. If I can't get choices to transfer between games, this is my fallback. The ally to the player in the first game will comment regarding your decisions and tell you if you were close or way off giving you a hint on how close you were. Why the ally knows what happened is revealed in game 2 although you get hints on it in game 1. At any rate, if you manage to replicate my canon playthrough, I'm intending an extra scene at the end hinting at game 2. Otherwise you won't get that scene. Some side quests will be intended to not be completed. Romances will be side quests and since you can only have 1 wife at a time, you obviously can't do every romance quest as it pops up. You chose one and have to follow it through. I am considering having side quests that result in a wife's death letting a second or even third wife be taken, though. Depends if I break something or not trying to implement it. There's a lot of threads to follow.

Aveline
I was under the impression Aveline's AC4 missions were 5 years after her story ended which was 1778. That'd put her missions in 1783 ... unless I missed something ... or her game ended in 1779. I own the game and beat it but I started to get lost following the story after a while. Spent a good part of yesterday while cursing over a script I was editing for my game figuring out how to incorporate that. Think I finally have it in a good spot where it doesn't interfere with anything else I had worked out for 1783 ... and it could be in 1784? If it's in 1784, I'm screwed since I have Connor in London at the time. :( Looks like I might be retconning that, too.

Given what I want to go into, can't really say this game will be "little". :p Quite an endeavor for me but meh. I enjoy history, fictional writing, drawing, and scripting so this is right up my ally to keep me occupied for a while. My only problem is I tend to get a bit anal retentive with details. :rolleyes: Drives me bonkers being vague. I must have dates. I have to know how long it takes to go from location A to location B. I went looking up weather for the time frame to see if there were major snow storms, etc I could work in. I read books a second or third time, I take so many notes that it bugs the hell out of me when I find an inconsistency. I was a big fan of Anne Rice back about 10 years ago. Read many of her books several times and found inconsistency after inconsistency after a while. Intending to replay AC3 and Forsaken to take notes on dates before I get too far into my planning. I'm a writer's worst nightmare. :p

Not really sure if I'll really release this due to copyright issues. Last thing I need is Ubisoft's lawyers on my doorstep issuing me papers saying I'm being sued. More than anything, it's something to help me bide my time waiting to see where the franchise goes. If it goes where I hope it doesn't, I'm likely done with the series once I'm done with my Connor game and skip what else I had planned. I have no intention of writing an ending for every Assassin Ubisoft fails to give one to.

Kagurra
11-09-2013, 07:14 AM
That thread was not about Connor?

This thread? I mean I read the OP, seems to be about Connor.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 09:25 AM
I was joking...., I hope they don't that will be the end of video gaming if the developers make their own consoles.I knew you were, of course it would be the end of gaming no one would do that, the company would go bankrupt.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Ew.

This thread? I mean I read the OP, seems to be about Connor.
These comments are off topic and have the potential to "stir the crap pot" as OP said. Please stay on topic or kindly leave this thread. This thread is about Connor and his headcanon sequels. There may seem too many Connor threads, btw, but that's because there's a reason lately. Also, in the future, if you don't like Connor threads simply don't click on them instead of clicking them and going "ew".
Thank you.

As for the OP, I have a whole headcanon I need to write. I'll get back to it later in detail.

Legendz54
11-09-2013, 10:41 AM

Ew.

That either implies he is more popular than people think... or so hated he gets attention. I think its the first.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 10:46 AM
That either implies he is more popular than people think... or so hated he gets attention. I think its the first.
It is very possible since some of the haters have now started complaining about the fans defending him (and even writing articles -such as kotaku- putting down his fans). This usually happens when a character has a lot of fans. Not just in the videogame industry. Also, on other sites I frequent like tumblr or deviantart, I have noticed that in the quantity of posts about assassins, Connor most of the times outnumbers every other assassin. Even Ezio and Edward. Like 10 to 1. Maybe much more. He also keeps winning at polls, public awards and so on. But yet people insist he's not popular. LAWL Quite the opposite.

My headcanon is Connor gets involved in the Indian wars. I imagine him like this.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AduwNBEJ_EA/UNNZtRE0TDI/AAAAAAAAOQA/17hTAtEk8FY/s1600/521418_511315215567899_1215508331_n.jpg

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
He isn't popular, you go anywhere other then an AC site and he's hated. He just didn't do it for fans.

Like I said before, if you ever have to justify why a character isn't hated, then he's hated

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 10:59 AM
He isn't popular, you go anywhere other then an AC site and he's hated. He just didn't do it for fans.

Like I said before, if you ever have to justify why a character isn't hated, then he's hated

Eh. No, it doesn't work like that.

Justin Bieber and Twilight are hated A LOT. (Sorry Connor for the comparison...lol). But do you know how HUGE a fanbase they both have?? Even though you will find haters everywhere you go?

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 11:33 AM
In my head, after the events of AC3, Connor traveled to California and became Zorro.

And since he belongs to me now, i want to be payed everytime the character is used or mentioned in the series, so, you better start paying Mr. Yves or I'll call my lawyer.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Connor trains and leads an American Brotherhood, using the homestead as it's base. The homestead is ambushed by Templar's, a fair few assassins die... But all of the original homestead cast die. Connor and the remaining assassins have to flee. Heartbroken, Connor is almost mute and distant with the assassins trying to console him, they could do nothing - his are eyes filled with tears. He tells the last few assassins to contact Aveline De Grandpre, who they know of and look up to as a 'second mentor'.

The intro song is 'Ratonhaketon' in the background and the intro title 'Assassin's Creed V' appears over the fallen homestead. The next sequence follows Connor lone adventure on the Aquila out west, to find the only hope he MIGHT have left - his people.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I just can't.. with the whole "We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off." ********.

I'm not going to lie..Yes I am still annoyed as ****!

:-|

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Connor discovers fast food and becomes morbidly obese.

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Connor discovers fast food and becomes morbidly obese.

...hits the liquor hard, grows a neck beard and plays board games all day.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
...hits the liquor hard, grows a neck beard and plays board games all day.

Reminds me of Godfrey!

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Eh. No, it doesn't work like that.

Justin Bieber and Twilight are hated A LOT. (Sorry Connor for the comparison...lol). But do you know how HUGE a fanbase they both have?? Even though you will find haters everywhere you go?Yes but the hate outweighs the love so they're hated.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes but the hate outweighs the love so they're hated.

Stop being a complete asshat, it's different for you when someone says something negative about AC2 or Ezio.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Stop being a complete asshat, it's different for you when someone says something negative about AC2 or Ezio.If someone attacked what I liked, I would defend it. So when I attack what they like, they should defend it, like they're doing.

So it's the exact same thing that happens when something says something about AC2 or Ezio.

A lot of the time I'm not being serious too.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 04:11 PM
If someone attacked what I liked, I would defend it. So when I attack what they like, they should defend it, like they're doing.

So it's the exact same thing that happens when something says something about AC2 or Ezio.

I get that your joking but constantly attacking something is bound to stir up trouble no matter what, it's alright once or twice, perhaps thrice(I've wondered my whole life whether or not this is a word) but them it becomes annoying and repetitive.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I get that your joking but constantly attacking something is bound to stir up trouble no matter what, it's alright once or twice, perhaps thrice(I've wondered my whole life whether or not this is a word) but them it becomes annoying and repetitive.Indeed, but I was merely explaining my point that if you have to justify why something is not bad or whatever, then it's bad.

Yes, it is a word, an underrated word.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:20 PM
If someone attacked what I liked, I would defend it. So when I attack what they like, they should defend it, like they're doing.

This isn't a thread for argument, defense or attack. you're off-topic and would do well to get back on topic. Try to act like a senior member....actually act like one

I just can't.. with the whole "We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off." ********.

I know you dislike it and so do many others, but lets just accept it and move on. so please stay on topic.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Indeed, but I was merely explaining my point that if you have to justify why something is not bad or whatever, then it's bad.

Yes, it is a word, an underrated word.

Your logic makes no sense. Anyone can call anything bad, people call AC2 bad, despite the general consensus showing it is the best. Despite it's reputation, anyone can call it bad -- and then anyone can try to justify why it's not bad. Connor also won a user voted competition for best character, he's obviously not universally hated. A lot of the core fan base love him and would love to see a sequel. Is he the worst received character in the series? Yes. Does that make him hated, no it does not. Some people genuinely hate Ezio, does that make him a hated character?

And honestly, when you see negative comments elsewhere on Connor's character, are the majority of them well-constructed and have a point? You know other than 'He'z so boring nd moody why duz he NAT smile' This is just my opinion, but I think the majority who 'hate' Connor don't understand his character and need a straight-up, charismatic and likable character as opposed to a subtle and realistically portrayed Connor. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that - I actually prefer that most of the time, but Connor is the best assassin in my opinion.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Connor doesn't belong to anybody, he fought for freedom, jesus you guys.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:32 PM
This isn't a thread for argument, defense or attack. you're off-topic and would do well to get back on topic. Try to act like a senior member....actually act like oneSays the one who only came back to piss people off, how senior of you.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Connor ended up leaving the order, he's too head strong and stubborn that if anything contradicted what he thought he'd leave and since the Assassin Order is full of contradictions, he'd probably leave. Eitther that or he ends up fighting a useless life long battle like Altair and Ezio.

Actually now that I think of it, I think one reason they didn't go to Connor is because they're lacking ideas for the first civ part in the historical section of the game. Even in AC4 Edward looked for an Observatory, that's it, all it did was spy on people and with the amount of spying that happens now, be it through camera's or monitoring of computers etc. that whole system was obsolete for Abstergo.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Connor ended up leaving the order, he's too head strong and stubborn that if anything contradicted what he thought he'd leave and since the Assassin Order is full of contradictions, he'd probably leave. Eitther that or he ends up fighting a useless life long battle like Altair and Ezio.

Actually know that I think of it, I think one reason they didn't go to Connor is because they're lacking ideas for the first civ part in the historical section of the game. Even in AC4 Edward looked for an Observatory, that's it, all it did was spy on people and with the amount of spying that happens now, be it through camera's or monitoring of computers etc. that whole system was obsolete for Abstergo.
Thank you..

TheHumanTowel
11-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Thank you..
You're welcome.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Says the one who only came back to piss people off, how senior of you.

Actually know that I think of it, I think one reason they didn't go to Connor is because they're lacking ideas for the first civ part in the historical section of the game. Even in AC4 Edward looked for an Observatory, that's it, all it did was spy on people and with the amount of spying that happens now, be it through camera's or monitoring of computers etc. that whole system was obsolete for Abstergo.

Actually...

From the Aveline DLC, it's pretty evident he leads the American brotherhood, as the whole mission is focussed on finding and recruiting a young lady who is held captive by the Tempalrs. At the end, it is revealed they are going to Connor's homestead. Connor also finishes the intro monologue with 'your brother, Connor.' So he's clearly committed to the Assassins.

Also, in the monologue that was cut from AC3, he also calls the assassins his people. At the end of AC3, he is no longer naive and stubborn, he's learned from his own tragic life the harsh reality of the 'revolution'.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Your logic makes no sense. Anyone can call anything bad, people call AC2 bad, despite the general consensus showing it is the best. Despite it's reputation, anyone can call it bad -- and then anyone can try to justify why it's not bad. Connor also won a user voted competition for best character, he's obviously not universally hated. A lot of the core fan base love him and would love to see a sequel. Is he the worst received character in the series? Yes. Does that make him hated, no it does not. Some people genuinely hate Ezio, does that make him a hated character?

And honestly, when you see negative comments elsewhere on Connor's character, are the majority of them well-constructed and have a point? You know other than 'He'z so boring nd moody why duz he NAT smile' This is just my opinion, but I think the majority who 'hate' Connor don't understand his character and need a straight-up, charismatic and likable character as opposed to a subtle and realistically portrayed Connor. Not that I think there's anything wrong with that - I actually prefer that most of the time, but Connor is the best assassin in my opinion.Indeed anyone can call something bad but I don't need to get polls or gaming awards to say that Ezio is the most popular and AC2 is the most popular, because it's true.

However people DO need to get polls and gaming awards to say the Connor isn't hated, whereas with Ezio I don't have to because it's what the general consensus think. So like I'm saying when you have to justify that something isn't hated, it's hated.

Do they need to be well-constructed though? If you didn't like Connor or Ezio etc. why would you spend time writing about them? If people don't like something they'll just say what they hate about it and move on. I wouldn't say it's because they didn't understand him, Connor's a lot less complex then people on here think and no more realistic then any other Assassin, they all have arms and legs.

I like Connor but I can understand his criticisms, so when Ubi see these criticisms they do what's best for their company and they don't make a Connor sequel. They are the ones making the games, they don't want to see them fail.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 04:53 PM
whereas with Ezio I don't have to because it's what the general consensus of Ezio fanboys think.
Fixed it for you... :)

(Because let's be honest, even though it's true they are bigger in numbers due to Ezio's 3+ games compared to Connor's half, THAT'S where most of this Connor hate comes from...)

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Actually...

From the Aveline DLC, it's pretty evident he leads the American brotherhood, as the whole mission is focussed on finding and recruiting a young lady who is held captive by the Tempalrs. At the end, it is revealed they are going to Connor's homestead. Connor also finishes the intro monologue with 'your brother, Connor.' So he's clearly committed to the Assassins.

Also, in the monologue that was cut from AC3, he also calls the assassins his people. At the end of AC3, he is no longer naive and stubborn, he's learned from his own tragic life the harsh reality of the 'revolution'.I have an Xbox, I didn't know about that, stupid Ubi and their exclusives.

I have no idea why that monologue was cut, even if they couldn't find the right context to put it in they should have included bits and pieces of it.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Okay, I'm done. It's never ending and it just going to keep going on and on and on.

And do you know why? BECAUSE OTHER HUMANS HAVE OTHER OPINIONS ON THINGS!

It would be okay if these 'discussions' where actually leading somewhere, but they are not. Instead they are driving the forums into a dark abyss, one it cannot escape.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Fixed it for you... :)

(Because let's be honest, even though it's true they are bigger in numbers due to Ezio's 3+ games compared to Connor's half, THAT'S where most of this Connor hate comes from...)Connor's hate comes from the games?

I didn't even know they knew about Connor.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Connor's hate comes from the games?

I didn't even know they knew about Connor.
No, Ezio fans. If I had a penny every time I heard "Conner sucks" followed by the predictable "Ezio rulez" I'd be super-duper rich now.
In other words, Ezio fans (not saying all of them) are responsible for this Connor hate we see. If it werent' for them we'd be mostly hearing about some other disavantages of AC3 like glitches, game mechanics etc. But NO, it's always Connor who's at fault.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:01 PM
the **** did I just say, maggots?

Landruner
11-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Like I mentioned previously somewhere else, I do not care about any of the AC hero, I just focus on the gameplay elements, and if I have fun factor I had with any game.

However; I like playing intelligent and not just playing for playing without giving a guess about what's going one (whish I am sadly doing for AC4).
I used to play the past AC series caring about the stories and plots, but I can't because I do not any longer care about the logic on this franchise, which is too much confusing to me. I do not care about the lore and flora if the Assassin series and plot and subplots, I do not want to buy extra media to understand what is going on or what the plots end, etcetera. I did that and I happened to like to other piece medium better than the game itself - I do not any longer care about the conflict Assassin vs. Templar neither. I won't spoil the reason why...but I believe most can understand why.

For Connor, he is almost the first Native being represented in a video game, if not the only one, and I strongly believe that he deserved much better than his treatment in AC3 and as a character in general.

Ubisoft missed a lot of opportunities with AC3. Good story, but they missed the Connor part, they missed his relation with Achilles, the missed the Independence War part, the frontier Men missions, even the poorly executed Homestead missions did not help Connor neither....The main mission's structures were terrible, and anti-climatic.... etcetera...

Like I wrote yesterday, I would not mind playing another game with Connor because I like that 18th century period and I will enjoy it if the game is good. They are a lot a opportunities and intrigues pulled by this period of time for Ubisoft to still explore and pulling a good and interesting game and certainly give Connor another chance.

ACfan443
the **** did I just say, maggots?

I think the object of this thread has flown past everyone's heads. Although with these kind of discussions, it's inevitable :I

Sushiglutton
Maybe he left the Homestead and wandered the woods, bitter with the world. Maybe he went West in search of his tribe. The tricky thing is to work in some romance in his life, because there was none of that in 3 (now I will be corrected by some who has studied the game more in detail :) ). I wonder what the Assassins did in America after the war, what their main goals were and so on. I guess building up the order infrastructure, recruit more members, infiltrate the government as much as possible? Maybe they took aim at slavery and worked towards its demise?

I'm just rambling here lol

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I still believe Connor should become Zorro.

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I still believe Connor should become Zorro.

But he'z nativ and zorro is It-talyin badassz

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:10 PM
No, Ezio fans. If I had a penny every time I heard "Conner sucks" followed by the predictable "Ezio rulez" I'd be super-duper rich now.
In other words, Ezio fans (not saying all of them) are responsible for this Connor hate we see. If it werent' for them we'd be mostly hearing about some other disavantages of AC3 like glitches, game mechanics etc. But NO, it's always Connor who's at fault.Well the Connor fans aren't going to be responsible for it, I've seen non-AC fans hate him, Altair fans too. To say you've heard so many people say Rahdoonhaconer sucks and Enzio rulz proves that Ezio is more popular.

They probably say they don't like Connor more then they don't like the game mechanics because they like Connor less, it's not their fault they don't like him.

the **** did I just say, maggots?You knew this was going to happen.

ACfan443
11-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Considering Ezio somehow ended up in Constantinople, and then Masyaf, the possibilities for Connor's post game ventures is endless. He could be exploring Russia in his mid 50s for all we know...

Sushiglutton
11-09-2013, 05:11 PM

I'm pretty sure Zorro was a spanyisssh badazz ;)

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:12 PM
Considering Ezio somehow ended up in Constantinople, and then Masyaf, the possibilities for Connor's post game ventures is endless. He could be exploring Russia in his mid 50s for all we know...No he couldn't his character wouldn't fit in a different setting lolololol

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 05:14 PM

Zorro is Californian/Mexican/Spanish.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Considering Ezio somehow ended up in Constantinople, and then Masyaf, the possibilities for Connor's post game ventures is endless. He could be exploring Russia in his mid 50s for all we know...

Australia

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:15 PM
I think the object of this thread has flown past everyone's heads. Although with these kind of discussions, it's inevitable :I
No, i'm sure they can still salvage it and make it what it was meant to be...right? right? RIGHT? :|

You knew this was going to happen.
Duh...it's why I included a warning against it in the friggin OP, but I guess kids will be kids, right??

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:16 PM
AustraliaWhere's the guy that wanted the Australian setting? It's all but confirmed.

adventurewomen
Like I mentioned previously somewhere else, I do not care about any of the AC hero, I just focus on the gameplay elements, and if I have fun factor I had with any game.

However; I like playing intelligent and not just playing for playing without giving a guess about what's going one (whish I am sadly doing for AC4).
I used to play the past AC series caring about the stories and plots, but I can't because I do not any longer care about the logic on this franchise, which is too much confusing to me. I do not care about the lore and flora if the Assassin series and plot and subplots, I do not want to buy extra media to understand what is going on or what the plots end, etcetera. I did that and I happened to like to other piece medium better than the game itself - I do not any longer care about the conflict Assassin vs. Templar neither. I won't spoil the reason why...but I believe most can understand why.

For Connor, he is almost the first Native being represented in a video game, if not the only one, and I strongly believe that he deserved much better than his treatment in AC3 and as a character in general.

Ubisoft missed a lot of opportunities with AC3. Good story, but they missed the Connor part, they missed his relation with Achilles, the missed the Independence War part, the frontier Men missions, even the poorly executed Homestead missions did not help Connor neither....The main mission's structures were terrible, and anti-climatic.... etcetera...

Like I wrote yesterday, I would not mind playing another game with Connor because I like that 18th century period and I will enjoy it if the game is good. They are a lot a opportunities and intrigues pulled by this period of time for Ubisoft to still explore and pulling a good and interesting game and certainly give Connor another chance.
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. Thank you for this post! :)

Sushiglutton
No he couldn't his character wouldn't fit in a different setting lolololol

I realize you are trolling, but I think Connor would fit in any wilderness area, like say in Russia. I've just been opposed to the Connor among French aristocrats idea.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Well the Connor fans aren't going to be responsible for it, I've seen non-AC fans hate him, Altair fans too. To say you've heard so many people say Rahdoonhaconer sucks and Enzio rulz proves that Ezio is more popular.

They probably say they don't like Connor more then they don't like the game mechanics because they like Connor less, it's not their fault they don't like him.

You knew this was going to happen.
No, it's not their fault they don't like him. Who said that?
I'm sorry these "proofs" don't mean anything at the end of the day. It's not a popularity contest. All I meant to say is just because someone receives a lot of hate doesn't mean they're not popular or don't have a huge fanbase (hence, my Bieber and Twilight examples).

I'm sorry M, you'll have to either ban Rooster for stirring the pot in this thread and/or some of us who reply... :| Sooorrry....

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Duh...it's why I included a warning against it in the friggin OP, but I guess kids will be kids, right??Warnings were made to be ignored, except if by Shade or Widow or someone. Actually come to think of it, where are they? I haven't seen them since the Connor's not getting a sequel announcement, I think they hid, smart.

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Warnings were made to be ignored
"Rules are made to be bwoken" Y-Yeah...Kiddie...

I'm sorry M, you'll have to either ban Rooster for stirring the pot in this thread and/or some of us who reply... :| Sooorrry....
I think i'll ban all of you...rooster for stirring crap and everyone else for replying to him :| come on, guys....i'd expect better from everyone who's not rooster...come on...please stop replying to him and making it worse? pleeeeaaaaase???

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 05:23 PM
I understand different tastes, but liking Justin Bieber and Twilight is bad, only kids and dumb teenagers like that and eventually even they will stop liking once they grow up.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:23 PM
I realize you are trolling, but I think Connor would fit in any wilderness area, like say in Russia. I've just been opposed to the Connor among Franch aristocrats idea.What about the Frontier? Or where he was born? Pretty wild out there.

No, it's not their fault they don't like him. Who said that?
I'm sorry these "proofs" don't mean anything at the end of the day. It's not a popularity contest. All I meant to say is just because someone receives a lot of hate doesn't mean they're not popular or don't have a huge fanbase (hence, my Bieber and Twilight examples).

I'm sorry M, you'll have to either ban Rooster for stirring the pot in this thread and/or some of us who reply... :| Sooorrry....You were blaming them for not hating the game mechanics but hating Connor, so you said that.

Actually it is a popularity contest, if you're popular you get 3 games, if you're not you get 1.

I never stirred the pot, I just threw too many ingredients in at once (I'm not sure what that means either)

Shahkulu101
11-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Connor will betray the assassins after realizing his daddy was right all along...then he will kill himself.

I seriously wouldn't blame the guy if he killed himself, I'm surprised he hasn't gone mentally insane what with all the tragedy and all.

ze_topazio
Australia is wild, there's Kangaroos and Koalas, pretty hardcore stuff.

silvermercy
yup! That's it, won't reply further to rooster.

Back on topic.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:28 PM
"Rules are made to be bwoken" Y-Yeah...Kiddie...You seem to obsessed with kids, I hope being in America hasn't brought out the MJ in you.

(Hehe that was a joke, I love MJ.

I think i'll ban all of you...rooster for stirring crap and everyone else for replying to him :| come on, guys....i'd expect better from everyone who's not rooster...come on...please stop replying to him and making it worse? pleeeeaaaaase???I never stirred crap, I merely stated the facts but since those facts were against Conair people started replying with haste and hostility.

Sushiglutton
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM
What about the Frontier? Or where he was born? Pretty wild out there.

Yeah that's an example fo one of the many wilderness areas Connor would fit into. I'm just saying I don't think globetrotting is a problem, as long as he doesn't spend his days sipping tea with nobles.

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Yeah that's an example fo one of the many wilderness areas Connor would fit into. I'm just saying I don't think globetrotting is a problem, as long as he doesn't spend his days sipping tea with nobles.Indeed, I was just laughing at the people who thought the French Revolution would not work with Connor.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I just believe that Connor became Master Assassin after Achilles and rebuilt the American Assassin Brotherhood and had involvement in the Native wars to help fight to freedom and liberty.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. Thank you for this post! :)

You are welcome - Perhaps we (People who see a potential there) should expand a community "Story" or (script and screenplay) for an expansion of his adventure.

I suggested yesterday a duet/tandem with Aveline in Paris or England - (French revolution and focusing against slavery with some plots of secret societies)? - I do not if more people would like to see an expansion going there?

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I suggested yesterday a duet/tandem with Aveline in Paris or England - (French revolution and focusing against slavery with some plots of secret societies)? - I do not if more people would like to see an expansion going there?
I'd like to see an expansion

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Back on topic.
(Y)

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:39 PM

Back on topic.Says the one who started it.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Says the one who started it.
LOL!???

Sorry last one M I promise ^_^

You are welcome - Perhaps we (People who see a potential there) should expand a community "Story" or (script and screenplay) for an expansion of his adventure.

I'd love that. But it has to be "special invitation" event. lol

Personally, I think Connor gets involved in the Indian Wars, helps rebuild the brotherhood (that would be a REAL joy to see) and even becomes a Master Assassin just like Alex said! :) The irony of this compared to his Grandmaster Templar dad would be sweet and bitter at the same time...

I could also imagine him seeing pictures of his dad when he's older, and maybe talking about him to his kids one day (they could be little, teens or adults...). And who knows, maybe those kids continue the tradition of Assassin and Templars, too. We could have an ending scene where his kids argue and one of them sides with what seems to be Templar ideology and the other Assassin one. Then you cut to Connor sitting next to a fireplace smiling knowingly... ^^

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I agree there should be, there is so much potential in Connor's story that it's such unfortunate that Ubisoft decided to drop him this way. It just makes me really upset. :'(

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Then you cut to Connor sitting next to a fireplace smiling knowingly...
While looking at his Templar son or daughter and thinking "You are so dead" :)

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 05:51 PM
While looking at his Templar son or daughter and thinking "You are so dead" :)

hahahahaaaa.... Daddy Connor will make sure of that! lol

ORRRRRR.... It could be the OTHER way round!? Now that's a plot twist! huh!

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 05:51 PM
LOL!???

Sorry last one M I promise ^_^Took the bait with pure ease.

Seriously though, all I did was say how he's not popular around casuals, which he isn't.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Children, children, stop fighting.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Personally, I think Connor gets involved in the Indian Wars, helps rebuild the brotherhood (that would be a REAL joy to see) and even becomes a Master Assassin just like Alex said! :) The irony of this compared to his Grandmaster Templar dad would be sweet and bitter at the same time...

I could also imagine him seeing pictures of his dad when he's older, and maybe talking about him to his kids one day (they could be little, teens or adults...). And who knows, maybe those kids continue the tradition of Assassin and Templars, too. We could have an ending scene where his kids argue and one of them sides with what seems to be Templar ideology and the other Assassin one. Then you cut to Connor sitting next to a fireplace smiling knowingly... ^^
I also wholeheartedly agree with everything you said Sliver!

I would really love to see what you said happen! :)

The whole contrast would be in honor of Edward and what Haytham could have been like if only he stayed on the right path in life.

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Connor is forced to kill one of his own children, the guy really gets no rest.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Connor is forced to kill one of his own children, the guy really gets no rest.
LOL

Actually... I wouldn't put this past Ubi to hurt me like this! O_O

Yay for our own headcanons then! Phew...

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 06:19 PM
The women who eventually gets to be Connors wife is one lucky women, since Connor is a polite gentleman. Just sayin'.

There aren't many men in real life who are like Connor. :'(

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 06:22 PM
The women who eventually gets to be Connors wife is one lucky women, since Connor is a polite gentleman. Just sayin'.

Care to describe that woman? or how Connor meets her? have any ideas to share and expand? :D

ACfan443
11-09-2013, 06:29 PM

What if Connor is forced to have a child against his will after Juno makes contact with him (through whichever means), and after impregnating a woman he comes out and settles with a man?

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 06:31 PM
But after a while that woman abandons him because he's just too sensitive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrws897-pk

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 06:32 PM
What if Connor is forced to have a child against his will after Juno makes contact with him (through whichever means), and after impregnating a woman he comes out and settles with a man?It's very possible.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Care to describe that woman? or how Connor meets her? have any ideas to share and expand? :D
Just someone who understand him and will be there for him. Also will give Connor the love he deserves, who will stand with him no matter what. That would be the perfect women for him.

What if Connor is forced to have a child against his will after Juno makes contact with him (through whichever means), and after impregnating a woman he comes out and settles with a man?
I doubt that, I honeslty don't believe that Juno will have no involvement in Connors life after burring the amulet for Desmond.

But after a while that woman abandons him because he's just too sensitive.
Connor is already a sensitive man, because of what happened to him and the fact that he never truly experiences love. :(

ACfan443
11-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Just someone who understand him and will be there for him. Also will give Connor the love he deserves, who will stand with him no matter what. That would be the perfect women for him.

I doubt that, I honeslty don't believe that Juno will have no involvement in Connors life after burring the amulet for Desmond.

But if it's something as significant as Connor not passing on his genes, then Juno stepping in to manipulate his life choices is inevitable

ze_topazio
11-09-2013, 07:17 PM
The story so far

Connor becomes Zorro and goes to France with Aveline to free slaves, he also visits Russia and Australia, returns home and Juno tells him to marry, he does and has two kids, his wife abandons him, Connors settles down with a man, one of his kids becomes a Templar and Connor kills him, he then realizes Haytham was right and joins the Templars.

He then kills his Assassin son and is kidnapped by aliens, the aliens freeze him and a few centuries later they let him go, he joins Abstergo and becomes the unnamed main character of the modern segments of AC4.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 07:25 PM
LOL!???

Sorry last one M I promise ^_^

Special Invitation - Yep like the Creed say ...everything is permitted....

Okay, the story can involve The French Revolution and the Indian War(s) - It is chronologically plausible. The fact that Connor being a Native in 18th century France is plausible as well, A lot of native were actually in France during that colonial period... I believe that the story should not be involving Templars for the following reasons:

1/ The ending of AC3 - Post to Desmond final - Connor is left behind without to worry about the Templar...It is like the fight is over since we know the Templar play, Desmond is...and he ....the world. Honestly the all Templar plot fails or falls apart since that ending.
2/ I believe that it would be more interesting for people that did not like Connor to follow him through a new ideal - Perhaps, I am wrong but I took Connor more for an idealist than an Assassin - The way I see it, he takes over the Assassin order (Brotherhood) and turn it in to an 18th century "Team A" in order to fight injustice, treason, fighting for freedom and against slavers or any one that wants to prevail in some obscure plan (Illuminati could be one of the new foes that Connor fight against).

I saw on your profile that like me you are a writer, so we have potential there.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 07:40 PM
I agree there should be, there is so much potential in Connor's story that it's such unfortunate that Ubisoft decided to drop him this way. It just makes me really upset. :'(

Get over it, we know that and Ubisoft knows they screw it up big time- Ubisoft are a brunch of "doodoos" that does not know even how they can manage the next entry without losing a penny and It is actually why they don't want to bet on pursuing a character that did not meet the feedback they were expecting.
Does it mean they have to give-up?
No per se, they need to listen to what people want to see. People do not want to see an AC5 with Connor, okay, let's give an expansion or a (Spin off) to ones who were expecting to see more Connor, Aveline and French revolution and the Indian war or more 18th century period.
They could release it online by episodes (XBL, PSN, Wii-UN and Steam) for the ones that want to see that happen. They can make a lot of money from if (If the expansion(s) is worth it), it does not affect the official release of the AC numbered series, and it gives a good impression to potential buyers that al last, here is a video game company that respect and give a "dime" about its customers.

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Connor. 60 years of age taking a leisurely stroll into town to buy some groceries. Notices some black men and women being auctioned off like prime trout at a local fish market. Connor being Connor, punches the monger in the face and frees the slave. Tells the would-be slaves of a place where all who wish to be free are welcome to earn an honest living as part of an honest community. Connor turns around to resume his weekly shop when he sees a boy standing there with a look of curiosity. Kneels down to the young boy and asks him his name. "A-a-abraham, sir". " Ha ha. I am not a sir", he replied. "You may call me Connor, Connor Davenport".

"Why did you free these slaves, Mr Davenport. If you don't mind my asking" said the boy.

"No man is good enough the govern another man, without the others consent" replied Connor with a wiseness about him , stroking his long white beard. " Now run along, Abraham. I must get to the market before the lamb shank goes out of stock"

Off little Abraham went, kicking a lettuce down the street as he pondered upon the answer he was given. He came to the conclusion that lamb shank would go very well with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Connor. 60 years of age taking a leisurely stroll into town to buy some groceries. Notices some black men and women being auctioned off like prime trout at a local fish market. Connor being Connor, punches the monger in the face and frees the slave. Tells the would-be slaves of a place where all who wish to be free are welcome to earn an honest living as part of an honest community. Connor turns around to resume his weekly shop when he sees a boy standing there with a look of curiosity. Kneels down to the young boy and asks him his name. "A-a-abraham, sir". " Ha ha. I am not a sir", he replied. "You may call me Connor, Connor Davenport".

"Why did you free these slaves, Mr Davenport. If you don't mind my asking" said the boy.

"No man is good enough the govern another man, without the others consent" replied Connor with a wiseness about him , stroking his long white beard. " Now run along, Abraham. I must get to the market before the lamb shank goes out of stock"

Off little Abraham went, kicking a lettuce down the street as he pondered upon the answer he was given. He came to the conclusion that lamb shank would go very well with mashed potatoes and gravy.

UBISOFT future AC entries

Assassin's Creed: Just Dance . (You can dance with your favorite hero assassin and antagonist Templars - that will be fun to dance with your friend and your favorite hero including Connor and even Desmond will be back for a "Touching a Disco Ball Dance Party"...Yeah!!! http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png)

Assassin Creed : Carbonation
(Concept: You have to buy the game first, but if you want to play it, you have to buy some 6 pack UbiCola soft drinks for getting the codes for unlocking the game. Codes will on the stamps from the bottles and they will be 55 numbers long and you have also case sensitive letters between the numbers. You will have to pay attention because you will have to input the codes once, and they won't be refundable if you miss to input them correctly - Each code will unlock about 2 min of gameplay..., after you buy 1000 bottles of UbiCola, and collected the 1000 codes that compose the game, you can then buy another code for $29 to unlock the ending).

However; it will be a trick - you can buy only the UbiCola by pack of 6, and it will very often happen that 2 or 3 bottles that have the same code, but don not worry Ubisoft will put at disposition an online trade system for just $20 monthly fee... http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/cool.png

2017 :Anniversary Edition

Asylum's Creed: The old Age
(Concept will be that the all assassin part is getting really old and the main protagonist will be 90 years old Assassin in a nursing home sandbox. Beware the evil nurses and Doctors they will be all Templars...
Ubisoft knows that the concept seems a bit strange with the nursing home, but will reassure the AC fans that the nursing home will be set in modern day with a surprise: The basement will be full of the past hero from the series zombified for target practice and re-assure their fan that it will be 100 Uplay points to the one that can shoot Connor in the balls - Also, Ubisoft promises some new cool features instead of the over used hidden blades Ubisoft will be introducing the Hidden Dentures and it is question of a Bingo mini game too...http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png)

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 08:08 PM
But if it's something as significant as Connor not passing on his genes, then Juno stepping in to manipulate his life choices is inevitable
I disliked Juno's manipulation of Connor's life.

Get over it, we know that and Ubisoft knows they screw it up big time- Ubisoft are a brunch of "doodoos" that does not know even how they can manage the next entry without losing a penny and It is actually why they don't want to bet on pursuing a character that did not meet the feedback they were expecting.
Does it mean they have to give-up?
No per se, they need to listen to what people want to see. People do not want to see an AC5 with Connor, okay, let's give an expansion or a (Spin off) to ones who were expecting to see more Connor, Aveline and French revolution and the Indian war or more 18th century period.
They could release it online by episodes (XBL, PSN, Wii-UN and Steam) for the ones that want to see that happen. They can make a lot of money from if (If the expansion(s) is worth it), it does not affect the official release of the AC numbered series, and it gives a good impression to potential buyers that al last, here is a video game company that respect and give a "dime" about its customers.
You're being too harsh, and I'm Mohawk and I personally feel the loss of Ratonhnhaké:ton on another level because I could relate to his story it happened to us and the history is still fresh and it hurts our people till this day we lost a lot. That's why I have taken everything to heart. So when you say "Get Over It" I can't...not at this time.

TheHumanTowel
11-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Official theme for this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UZbPAspUA

killzab
11-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Ok guys, I've got something to tell you, some hope to cling on to.

I've heard from several French source ( around 4 or 5 different ones) that the next game would be set in Paris during the French Revolution and that the main character would help destroy the "Ancien Régime" with the help of Connor in several missions !

The most credible source I have is this guy called Yoyonoa on a french site called Gameblog. He's posted many EXTREMELY thorough articles about the series and all the content of AC Initiates ( so I don't even have to bother going through it :D) it is kinda weird that he doesn't get into trouble for posting it though. But yeah last year, he gave several hints about ACIV being about Pirates so I wasn't even surprised when Black Flag was announced. And this time he's saying this about ACV like he's sure about it.

And I've heard the same thing somewhere else. Apparently from guys that know people who work at Ubisoft. And I've also read that Ubi is scared that the French Revolution setting will not be successful with the american audience but they're still doing it.

So there, it's just some rumours and speculation but it is something to hope for, right ?

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 08:56 PM
So there, it's just some rumours and speculation but it is something to hope for, right ?
Don't trust those rumors.

Connor would be out of place during the French Revolution that he has nothing to do with. Connor is more suited to the American Indian Wars & becoming a Master Assassin and rebuilding the American Brotherhood.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Hmmm... interesting. *clings to hope*

Well, they could combine the two if they wanted to. Desmond has a French ancestor, too, no?

pacmanate
11-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Marries Norris.

killzab
11-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Connor would be out of place during the French Revolution that he has nothing to do with. Connor is more suited to the American Indian Wars & becoming a Master Assassin and rebuilding the American Brotherhood.

Why not ? And Connor WOULDN'T be out of place, hell he said he would visit France with Lafayette one day, it even makes sense. He would be a Mentor like figure and it would be a win-win situation for everyone.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Marries Norris.
Norris is already married. ;)

Landruner
11-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I disliked Juno's manipulation of Connor's life.

You're being too harsh, and I'm Mohawk and I personally feel the loss of Ratonhnhaké:ton on another level because I could relate to his story it happened to us and the history is still fresh and it hurts our people till this day we lost a lot. That's why I have taken everything to heart. So when you say "Get Over It" I can't...not at this time.

Oh, I am sorry I did not mean to hurt you - sincerely I did not want to. I believe I was clumsy in my post, but my point was oriented in the positivity, and the keep in fighting - you do not need to say good bye to him, the battle is not lost and he is worth a fight I am sure,

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Why not ? And Connor WOULDN'T be out of place, hell he said he would visit France with Lafayette one day, it even makes sense. He would be a Mentor like figure and it would be a win-win situation for everyone.
Connor doesn't need a mentor figure.. he's a grown man 27 at the end of AC3.

French Revolution is too clique and unfitting for Connor. Rebuilding the American Brotherhood & Becoming Master Assassin and fighting for justice in the American Indian Wars suits Connor more.

killzab
11-09-2013, 09:14 PM

French Revolution is too clique and unfitting for Connor. Rebuilding the American Brotherhood & Becoming Master Assassin and fighting for justice in the American Indian Wars suits Connor more.

Connor would be the mentor figure to the young french assassin...

And too cliche ? You say you're touchy about your mohawk heritage so be careful about my french one !

Anyways I choose to believe it !

Landruner
11-09-2013, 09:17 PM

No, Connor could have been in France during the 18th century and French revolution it is plausible - They were a lot of Native that came in France during the colonial period. Seriously and no joke,

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 09:20 PM
As I said, they could combine both and everyone would be happy! ^^

I wonder if the Aquila is made for transantlantic journeys!

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Oh, I am sorry I did not mean to hurt you - sincerely I did not want to. I believe I was clumsy in my post, but my point was oriented in the positivity, and the keep in fighting - you do not need to say good bye to him, the battle is not lost and he is worth a fight I am sure,
It's alright, I forgive you.

You're right the battle is not lost, and yes it's us Connor fans that will keep Connor alive. It's sad it's just that he deserves more than being dropped like this.

Connor would be the mentor figure to the young french assassin...

And too cliche ? You say you're touchy about your mohawk heritage so be careful about my french one !
I apologize, what I mean was to say it wouldn't be fitting for Connor to be fighting another Revelation for a country that is not his own when his people need him for the American Indian Wars.

Maybe if this young French Assassin trained with Connor while in Davenport then traveled back to France to fight for justice - that would be fine for one seqeunce/memory.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Ok guys, I've got something to tell you, some hope to cling on to.

I've heard from several French source ( around 4 or 5 different ones) that the next game would be set in Paris during the French Revolution and that the main character would help destroy the "Ancien Régime" with the help of Connor in several missions !

The most credible source I have is this guy called Yoyonoa on a french site called Gameblog. He's posted many EXTREMELY thorough articles about the series and all the content of AC Initiates ( so I don't even have to bother going through it :D) it is kinda weird that he doesn't get into trouble for posting it though. But yeah last year, he gave several hints about ACIV being about Pirates so I wasn't even surprised when Black Flag was announced. And this time he's saying this about ACV like he's sure about it.

And I've heard the same thing somewhere else. Apparently from guys that know people who work at Ubisoft. And I've also read that Ubi is scared that the French Revolution setting will not be successful with the american audience but they're still doing it.

Salut Copain! " Il y a du Rififi sur ce site!!! - Ubisoft is scared about the French Revolution setting because they are afraid of the players could do to them if the game is bad LOL!
Do you know if it is an official AC games or a spin off that they are going to release at the same time? - Just asking if you know or please give me your opinion.

Assassin_M
Lets all calm down and explore all our possibilities civilly, alright? Jeez you people -_-

Adventure, I understand that you dislike the idea of Connor in the french rev, but you know...just don't shoot people down for having the idea xD I mean, it's pretty closed as it is, nothing wrong with a bit of hope ;)

Everyone, please take all rumors without going full blown excited nor with full blown cynicism. lets all be rational. we got a rumor that Connor is an important figure in the next game set in the French Revolution. instead of saying "no, you're wrong" lets explore the possibilities, events, people etc.

Sturnz0r
The story so far

Connor becomes Zorro and goes to France with Aveline to free slaves, he also visits Russia and Australia, returns home and Juno tells him to marry, he does and has two kids, his wife abandons him, Connors settles down with a man, one of his kids becomes a Templar and Connor kills him, he then realizes Haytham was right and joins the Templars.

He then kills his Assassin son and is kidnapped by aliens, the aliens freeze him and a few centuries later they let him go, he joins Abstergo and becomes the unnamed main character of the modern segments of AC4.haha

I'm pretty sure France officially abolished slavery even before 1800, though; underground Templar smuggling aside haha..

Connor definitely settles down with Ellen, the tailor; I could see Desmond's face from those two.. and when they say subj 17's dna had ties in Revolutionary France, does that mean his mum's 23 specific chromosomes? or women that contribute along the years? If the first is the case, it would be cool to meet the assassin that is Desmond's Ancestor from his mom's side... It seems like it would be ripping off of GTA V with multiple protag's, but screw 'em. Playing as both Connor and who will become The ancestor of Desmond on his matrilineal side would be awesome. (co-op with xbone friends)
If the latter, you have yourself a possible love scene in paris for Connor.

A French Canadian videogame company that makes a game that centers on Liberty and Freedom is eventually going to touch on the French Revolution; no doubt about it.

There is so much potential in a Connor Sequel, specifically:
The war of 1812 naval with the Aquila and british blockades/whatnot,
Nat American Involvement,
IRA assassins, before they became overrun with profiteers. Templar Sabotage?
the French Rev,
Napoleonic Wars,
Desmond's alleged other relative,
Templar Order in the Hessian Ranks,
Discovering this Birch fella and his hand in making Haytham so devilishly awesome
Aunt Jenny, the Assassin Double Agent? (haven't read Forsaken, no idea about story potential IF it is to be canon)

ACfan443

Your opinion, I personally feel that sounds incredibly cliched and boring. If Ezio can somehow end up in Turkey, I don't see the problem with Connor travelling to France, he has French connections anyway so it isn't entirely contrived.

killzab
11-09-2013, 09:24 PM
It's alright, I forgive you.

You're right the battle is not lost, and yes it's us Connor fans that will keep Connor alive. It's sad it's just that he deserves more than being dropped like this.

I apologize, what I mean was to say it wouldn't be fitting for Connor to be fighting another Reveoultion for a country that is not his own when his people need him for the American Indian Wars.

Maybe if this young French Assassin trained with Connor while in Davenport then traveled back to France to fight for justice - that would be fine for one seqeunce/memory.

It's okay , and maybe Connor just visits France and sees this revolution unfolding. It resonates with his past in the American revolution and he sees an opportunity to correct his mistakes and make things go right this time.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:27 PM
As I said, they could combine both and everyone would be happy! ^^

I wonder if the Aquila is made for transantlantic journeys!
Well the Aquila is bigger than the Jackdaw, I'm sure the Aquila was made for transatlantic voyages.

Lets all calm down and explore all our possibilities civilly, alright? Jeez you people -_-

Adventure, I understand that you dislike the idea of Connor in the french rev, but you know...just don't shoot people down for having the idea xD I mean, it's pretty closed as it is, nothing wrong with a bit of hope ;)

Everyone, please take all rumors without going full blown excited nor with full blown cynicism. lets all be rational. we got a rumor that Connor is an important figure in the next game set in the French Revolution. instead of saying "no, you're wrong" lets explore the possibilities, events, people etc.
You're right... I'll calm down.

killzab
11-09-2013, 09:33 PM

Imagine if the main character in a French Rev ACV is a woman, a "Marianne" like figure and becomes Connor's wife !

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Imagine if the main character in a French Rev ACV is a woman, a "Marianne" like figure and becomes Connor's wife !
I'm not sure I want her to become Connor's wife. I'd like to see a friendship between a male and female. I thought Edward's friendship with Mary Read was awesome and a nice change from the usual Female-Male relationship = Romance it was pretty cool, so if it DOES happen and the protagonist in the next AC happens to be a female, i'd like them to be like....inseparable best friends.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 09:40 PM
It's okay , and maybe Connor just visits France and sees this revolution unfolding. It resonates with his past in the American revolution and he sees an opportunity to correct his mistakes and make things go right this time.
Intereting maybe that could work.. :)

At the same time I was disappointed when Ezio didn't get married to an attractive Turkish women, I saw quite a few in Revelations that were more beautiful than Sofia.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 09:42 PM
haha

I'm pretty sure France officially abolished slavery even before 1800, though; underground Templar smuggling aside haha..

Connor definitely settles down with Ellen, the tailor; I could see Desmond's face from those two.. and when they say subj 17's dna had ties in Revolutionary France, does that mean his mum's 23 specific chromosomes? or women that contribute along the years? If the first is the case, it would be cool to meet the assassin that is Desmond's Ancestor from his mom's side... It seems like it would be ripping off of GTA V with multiple protag's, but screw 'em. Playing as both Connor and who will become The ancestor of Desmond on his matrilineal side would be awesome. (co-op with xbone friends)
If the latter, you have yourself a possible love scene in paris for Connor.

A French Canadian videogame company that makes a game that centers on Liberty and Freedom is eventually going to touch on the French Revolution; no doubt about it.

There is so much potential in a Connor Sequel, specifically:
The war of 1812 naval with the Aquila and british blockades/whatnot,
Nat American Involvement,
the early French Rev,
Napoleon,
Desmond's alleged other relative,
Templars in the Hessian Ranks,
Discovering this Birch fella and his hand in making Haytham so devilishly awesome.

Officially 1794 - but sadly they were still secret trade (especially Asian), unofficially the French slavery really stopped after the lost of Indochina.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 09:57 PM
At the same time I was disappointed when Ezio didn't get married to an attractive Turkish women, I saw quite a few in Revelations that were more beautiful than Sofia.
Maybe for once he didn't go for looks. He was supposed to be more mature and wiser in ACR. Looks ain't the most important thing. ^^ Maybe even for Ezio... ;)

Anyways, I don't mind ANY location right now. Just gimme one! lol

ladyleonhart
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Maybe this is off-topic, but I just want to say:

Nothing wrong with a bit of hope and when asked "how likely?" Darby replied "Not very."

To me, that means there is always a possibility. Even a small one.

Then add that to this:

Darby McDevitt: "Finally, there is always room for interesting things to happen in the AC universe. We are open to many ideas. But it's also important to realize that we make critical decisions years before they come to fruition, which means we cannot usually respond immediately to fan reactions."

This just means the next AC games are always planned way ahead of their release. ACIV, for example, I think I read somewhere that it has been worked on for two and a half years. Then, the next two AC games are probably also planned and on schedule for the subsequent years. Then, it doesn't mean that they will never consider a Connor sequel. It may not focus entirely on him and he may be featured as a mentor and training another Assassin or aiding the Brotherhood or new Assassin protagonist. Who knows...? Then, as long as AC is still going strong in the future... you never know. Even Darby has said:

"...we cannot usually respond immediately to fan reactions."

I think it's open to interpretation though, but still there's nothing wrong with hope. ;)

Lol, maybe they need some ideas and a little more convincing. :)

On-topic:

Personally, I think the French Revolution could work if handled properly. I haven't played the Aveline DLC yet, but maybe there's some room for her too somewhere... perhaps a guest appearance. :)

PedroAntonio2
11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
He probably married that female Assassin in the North District of New York and went West to find the rest of his people . After some years, Lafayatte invited him again to go to France, he accepted and he traveled to Paris, there he met the French Assassins and knew about his work on the American Revolution and asked him to help them into killing Louis XVI. Connor becomes friends with Maximillian Robespierre, the Mentor of the French Assassins, in the middle of the game, Connor kills Louis XVI, but Robespierre betrays him and starts the Terror in Paris, killing the other Assassins that don't agree with his plans of bringing violence to avoid Templars and Assassins of taking control in the city. Connor assassinates him and becomes the new Mentor and after a while Napoleon and his army kills thousands of Assassins in the city and Connor stars hunting him down around the world. Killing the most powerful men in Napoleon's army and in the end, he manages to bring him down and assassinates him in his prison in 1821, poisoninh his food. Connor bring peace to France and the Assassins wins, he returns to Homestead, USA to live the rest of his life with his old friends and his wife. He had a son, which he named '' Achilles Kenway'' . Connor dies in 1856, but his son continues his work...Connor's son brought freedom to slaves during the Civil War in 1860-1865 and he assassinated Abraham Lincon's killer.

Hans684
11-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I also wholeheartedly agree with everything you said Sliver!

I would really love to see what you said happen! :)

The whole contrast would be in honor of Edward and what Haytham could have been like if only he stayed on the right path in life.

"It's all a matter of perspective. There is no single path through life that's right and fair and does no harm." ~ Benjamin Church

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Told you the game was going to be set in the French Revolution with Connor playing eithern an NPC or a Revelations-style role with partial missions. Now bend the knee and chsnge your sigs for me.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Maybe for once he didn't go for looks. He was supposed to be more mature and wiser in ACR. Looks ain't the most important thing. ^^ Maybe even for Ezio... ;)

Anyways, I don't mind ANY location right now. Just gimme one! lol
Agreed with everything.. well Ezio became wiser in his old age, but he was up to his old tricks he still glanced at her breasts and sweet talked Sofia when he met her. ;)

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Seriously? Why are you guys so indifferent?

The French FlIPPING Revolution. That's really god damn exciting. It's the best news ever. Paghis, crowded buildings, politics, notives, conspiracy, funny French accents, outstanding archeticture, trees, hell, even a naval fleet. This has every element to be the best AC game ever made. I swear to God, if they work a bit on the stealth and combat, this could and WILL be my favourite game of all time.

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Seriously? Why are you guys so indifferent? The French FlIPPING Revolution.
Because it's too good to be true. lol (God, I hope it is!!)

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:19 PM
I just saw pic of Paris.....I don't care if this is the last game ever mad, but it'd be a damn dream come true for me. So damn beautiful. It's picture hype time.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/6f/2a/69/6f2a69ea67fea773c6ab51348a002c80.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/f9/b4/76/f9b476825bae3049dddeb0e5fdcbdc7e.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/39/be/64/39be64f48de22962abc9dc01f4735c75.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x/a3/34/9d/a3349d9fb8fe7cd70dcfe6da802b2d9c.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/fe/12/d3/fe12d3975b8864dbd0356bdae3b3bedf.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/18/c2/41/18c24108ee3e982b28ad4c0c7b48f97b.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x/35/2d/d2/352dd2f77777bf46591919a0e9a1ed2b.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/600x/94/86/49/94864987ba269bc7054b7dca4624642e.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x/61/ae/b3/61aeb36b50de5d083dfe9cac555599b8.jpg

Jade Raymond, I will give you my left kidney, but please make it happen.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Seriously? Why are you guys so indifferent?

The French FlIPPING Revolution. That's really god damn exciting. It's the best news ever. Paghis, crowded buildings, politics, notives, conspiracy, funny French accents, outstanding archeticture, trees, hell, even a naval fleet. This has every element to be the best AC game ever made. I swear to God, if they work a bit on the stealth and combat, this could and WILL be my favourite game of all time.

"Why did you write funny French accent?!" :p, I swear you guys on that forum... Yes, if they do it, it would be a nice setting for an AC and like you wrote in improving stealth, AI, and combat It could be a hit (?) - I hope they drop the tail system and ear dropping system or improve it with more suitable gameplay and more interior stealth as well. Basically no game so far did touch to the French revolution, and I could see if done a lot of nice intrigues, mysteries and conspiracies for the hero(s) to deal with. The Templar Lairs could be back, the Hero can climb on St Michele, and Versaillles palace. Beside the game could be still open to a sandbox setting between Paris and Versailes in passing by the woods, cities and the country side between the 2 locations. That is plausible for a sandbox.

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Be hyped damnit.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_hLrli7P5RE/T2CbJGaBjuI/AAAAAAAAEj0/wsMe_iZtTBk/s1600/raguenet+joust+of+mariners+in+front+of+hte+pont.jp g

http://catherinedelors.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Paris-Raguenet-Pont-Neuf-Samaritaine.jpg

http://www.lamortdanslart.com/danse/France/Paris/dm_paris18.jpg

http://1y4o79syc6g4difua2cvof9qco.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/18th-century-Paris.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/15/Paris_Comedie-Francaise.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/769891_f260.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vMfJEa7tlXU/Tb6olzcu9FI/AAAAAAAABR0/qkaiM1wuE2U/s1600/paris.jpg

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g75/52675/52675_1228829010_large.jpg

http://cultureandstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Plan_de_Turgot.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/Foire_saint-germain.jpg/800px-Foire_saint-germain.jpg

Jade Raymond or whoever the hell would make this game, I don't care when it's going to be released or how, but I beg of you, this is an absolute gem of a setting. Do NOT ruin it with horrible gameplay. Please. Just this one last wish before I die.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm still feeling a lot of sadness, fellow Connor fans please comfort or give me a hug. :'(

killzab
11-09-2013, 11:32 PM
And I'm french so I got to visit Paris many times, two-hour train and I'm there :p !

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:34 PM
And I'm french so I got to visit Paris many times, two hours train and I'm there :p !
Well, the Assassin's Creed series is as close as I would get to a plane ticket and travelling. It's a poor man's vacation, so stop being so selfish and let them make the game. Don't make go super Nova on you.

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm still feeling a lot of sadness, fellow Connor fans please comfort or give me a hug. :'(

He's still going to have individual missions of his own and you get to play as him, I think. Think of it as a split game.

Rugterwyper32
11-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Look at this nice map of Paris during that time

http://www.emersonkent.com/images/revolutionary_paris.jpg

Ah yes very nice. Veeeery nice.

Of course I'd prefer if it had more than just Paris. Toulon, Lyon, Marseille... How wonderful would that be. Going by that same order of locations:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Flotte_Anglo-Espagnole_au_si%C3%A8ge_de_Toulon_1793.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Siege_of_Lyon_%281793%29.jpg

http://www.muhba.cat/indianes/img/1-2-gravat_marsella_700.jpg

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 11:37 PM
He's still going to have individual missions of his own and you get to play as him, I think. Think of it as a split game.
Liberation HD or Avaline DLC? (No Spoliers btw, please I'm avoiding them)

I know Connor was in the Vita version of Liberation, I'm hoping he'll be in the HD version.

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 11:40 PM
You're all talking as if it's a fact that the next game will be set in France and Connor will be in it...is it a fact? I'm out da loop!

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 11:41 PM
You're all talking as if it's a fact that the next game will be set in France and Connor will be in it...is it a fact? I'm out da loop!
Nothing is fact yet.. all speculation about French Revolution.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 11:42 PM

We do not know if they will do that, and if they do we do not know which importance Connor will have, but like I told you previously, Paris, London or Indian War are possible and plausible to be covered at the same time in involving Connor as the main Character. if Connor does not get the main character role, I am sure and you will agree that it is better than nothing - Also I believe that with a bit of imagination it is possible with Ubisoft to build an amazing game and certainly having Connor being involved in getting the game that it should had have, or a better treatment, and getting a better consideration from the fan base that did not like him - I am sure.

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Nothing is fact yet.. all speculation about French Revolution.

Phew.

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:44 PM
Liberation HD or Avaline DLC? (No Spoliers btw, please I'm avoiding them)

I know Connor was in the Vita version of Liberation, I'm hoping he'll be in the HD version.

Talking ab9ut AC5. If Connor is in the game, there's a big chance we might play as him for certain missions.

Remember, this French line lineage extends from Desmond's matrilineal line. Connor's line is patrlineal, so maybe we switch it up between the teo lines.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 11:46 PM

That just rumor and speculation

ArabianFrost
11-09-2013, 11:49 PM
That just rumor and speculation
It lines up though.

Maybe I got a bit overl eager. We all know it's speculation, but a little hype does no one any harm.

Rugterwyper32
11-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Back to the topic, I'm optimistic about getting something Connor related in the future, be it a portable game, a shared game, a movie or whatnot. Besides a point I had made in another topic: "Ashraf said he wouldn't want to make a Connor sequel and Darby said it was unlikely, but I think we're forgetting that the series has more than 1 creative director and writer for it. For all we know, they're already starting work on Assassin's Creed 6 and they don't want a Connor sequel because another creative director and writer are already on it."
Slim chance, I guess, but a slim chance's better than none.

adventurewomen
11-09-2013, 11:51 PM
We do not know if they will do that, and if they do we do not know which importance Connor will have, but like I told you previously, Paris, London or Indian War are possible and plausible to be covered at the same time in involving Connor as the main Character. if Connor does not get the main character role, I am sure and you will agree that it is better than nothing - Also I believe that with a bit of imagination it is possible with Ubisoft to build an amazing game and certainly having Connor being involved in getting the game that it should had have, or a better treatment, and getting a better consideration from the fan base that did not like him - I am sure.
You're right and I agree. :)

Phew.
We can only speculate at this moment, we don't even know where Ubisoft are planning next now after AC4.

Talking ab9ut AC5. If Connor is in the game, there's a big chance we might play as him for certain missions.

Remember, this French line lineage extends from Desmond's matrilineal line. Connor's line is patrlineal, so maybe we switch it up between the teo lines.
You're right I agree. :)

silvermercy
11-09-2013, 11:51 PM
What if it's not Paris but other French-speaking countries, too? Like Canada (and Montreal/Quebec)? I'm surprised they haven't made a game in their own city yet. Not sure what they're waiting for. lol

(Btw, I had a feeling that a new game would be French-related when I read an article last year about a new studio collaboration in France? I remember we were talking about it here).

ladyleonhart
11-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Back to the topic, I'm optimistic about getting something Connor related in the future, be it a portable game, a shared game, a movie or whatnot. Besides a point I had made in another topic: "Ashraf said he wouldn't want to make a Connor sequel and Darby said it was unlikely, but I think we're forgetting that the series has more than 1 creative director and writer for it. For all we know, they're already starting work on Assassin's Creed 6 and they don't want a Connor sequel because another creative director and writer are already on it."
Slim chance, I guess, but a slim chance's better than none.

I agree with this. :D Annual releases mean a lot of preparation, so the next two AC titles, at least, are already in development. Then, it's going to take time for them to react to fan reactions.

Except, hopefully it will be a portable or shared game. ;)

Landruner
11-09-2013, 11:57 PM
It lines up though.

Maybe I got a bit overl eager. We all know it's speculation, but a little hype does no one any harm.

A bit?! lol - Nice pictures you put on your post anyway - That for sure it will be cool, but for Assassin_M's original Thread we should go back on the topic. that is Connor and his future or what he became after AC3....
Since Ash wanted to set an AC in Egypt.I could see Connor being involved in the French Campaign in Egypt and Syria (1798–1801) for some missions. My point is the Hero can be involved in that campaign as a rogue in order to get closer to some targets (Either inside French Army or in Egypt)...

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 12:02 AM
ahahaha u guyzz! I just love how we went from sad to unsure to totally certain there's gonna be a new Connor game. We even have a location now!! LMAO!

It's as if the devs confirmed it. O_o
lol

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 12:04 AM
ahahaha u guyzz! I just love how we went from sad to unsure to totally certain there's gonna be a new Connor game. We even have a location now!! LMAO!

It's as if the devs confirmed it. O_o
lol
IKR!! I was thinking the same damn thing! xD

ArabianFrost
11-10-2013, 12:05 AM
What if it's not Paris but other French-speaking countries, too? Like Canada (and Montreal/Quebec)? I'm surprised they haven't made a game in their own city yet. Not sure what they're waiting for. lol

(Btw, I had a feeling that a new game would be French-related when I read an article last year about a new studio collaboration in France? I remember we were talking about it here).

From the AC wiki:
It has been revealed that Ubisoft has partnered with two French government research organizations in order to help them with an upcoming installment. They have started development for the game in January 2013 in France.

Seriously, the picture coming together nicely (jeez development could've started earlier though), this along with Desmond's matrilineal line make sense. We all know Ubisoft won't leave the Kenways and the 18th century without a nice sendoff.

Link sauce:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_(series)

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Ah yes thank you Frost! That's the article I was talking about :)

I'm pretty sure there's something French-related coming now (I will eat my words if it's not) and they may throw Connor (or one of his offspring at least) in there for good measure ^^

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 12:11 AM
If the French revolution turn out to be true, it will the third numbered game in the 18th century in a row, a rather popular century.

Rugterwyper32
11-10-2013, 12:13 AM

I had made a post, I think in the "Future AC Titles" topic, about why it'd be interesting to have a Connor game that shows both Canada and the US and how opposite the effects of the revolution were in each. Considering how Connor changed by the end of the game, a mix of the Northwest Indian War and seeing the effects of the revolution in both a Canadian and US city (Say, Quebec and Philadelphia or something) would be pretty interesting. And I wouldn't want to see excuses about Philly being too gridded, we have New Orleans and Kingston which aren't exactly the best example of chaotic cities, but from what I can tell they worked (Heard very good things about Kingston, in fact). When you play around with things a bit and don't try to reproduce them 100%, it works quite well. Same can be said of Havana, actually.

I agree with this. :D Annual releases mean a lot of preparation, so the next two AC titles, at least, are already in development. Then, it's going to take time for them to react to fan reactions.

Except, hopefully it will be a portable or shared game. ;)

Yeah, annual releases clearly need to be worked on quite a bit in advance compared to releases with a bigger gap between them (which is why admittedly I'd like if they went something like 1 year Splinter Cell and Far Cry and the other year Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs or something like that for the sake of a bigger gap). I don't really mind if it's a console, portable or even 50/50 game, I'd like to see where else they can go with a character that still had options. I know they mentioned how they'd like the fanbase to think where his story goes and whatnot, but I'd also like to see what they'd think of it so it at least works as confirmation.

A bit?! lol - Nice pictures you put on your post anyway - That for sure it will be cool, but for Assassin_M's original Thread we should go back on the topic. that is Connor and his future or what he became after AC3....
Since Ash wanted to set an AC in Egypt.I could see Connor being involved in the French Campaign in Egypt and Syria (1798–1801) for some missions. My point is the Hero can be involved in that campaign as a rogue in order to get closer to some targets (Either inside French Army or in Egypt)...

When it comes to Egypt, I'd personally prefer 13th century Egypt and North Africa going as whoever Darim's son would be. Seeing the fallout of the Assassins having to leave Masyaf Castle for good in 1257. And it matches up with the assassination of Izz al-Din Aybak, so if they went there it'd start with a bang

killzab
11-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Ah yes thank you Frost! That's the article I was talking about :)

I'm pretty sure there's something French-related coming now (I will eat my words if it's not) and they may throw Connor (or one of his offspring at least) in there for good measure ^^

I've also heard from a reliable source that Ubisoft teams were seen in the streets of Paris doing some research.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Since Ashraf isn't interested in the 18th century anymore from his responce.. this makes me doubt the French Revolution happening in an AC game. tbh..

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I've also heard from a reliable source that Ubisoft teams were seen in the streets of Paris doing some research.

The plot thickens.

ArabianFrost
Since Ashraf isn't interested in the 18th century anymore from his responce.. this makes me doubt the French Revolution happening in an AC game. tbh..

He was speaking about his personal choice (He's not dev on AC5), as well as the fact that he was probably talking about America at that time.

ladyleonhart
Since Ashraf isn't interested in the 18th century anymore from his responce.. this makes me doubt the French Revolution happening in an AC game.

Ashraf may not be making this one. ;) He could be working on a different one. From what I understand, t's not unusual for them to have multiple projects.

GunnarGunderson
11-10-2013, 12:17 AM
How long does it usually take for the new game to be announced? I seem to recall it usually being in January or Feb

silvermercy
11-10-2013, 12:17 AM
Hmm... I think Ash was speaking about his personal preferences. ;) There are always multiple teams.

ladyleonhart
11-10-2013, 12:18 AM
How long does it usually take for the new game to be announced? I seem to recall it usually being in January or Feb

ACIV was announced at the beginning of March I think.

I read that they will be launching the next title between April 2013 to March 2014, which is Ubisoft's next fiscal year.

Lol, so not long to go at all. ;)

Edit: The first ACIV worldwide trailer was shown on 4th March 2013, which was a confirmation of an announcement Ubisoft made about a new AC a few days before.

adventurewomen
11-10-2013, 12:19 AM
But wouldn't this person you know from a source wouldn't want to speaking about what you know publicly? This is what makes me cast doubt on what you're saying. Since you're speaking about what you have been told, who is the reliable source you are getting your information from you might as well mention them since you're already sharing information you have been told from them.

He was speaking about his personal choice (He's not dev on AC5), as well as the fact that he was probably talking about America at that time.

Ashraf may not be making this one. ;) He could be working on a different one. From what I understand, t's not unusual for them to have multiple projects.
True. :)

ArabianFrost
11-10-2013, 12:20 AM
I had made a post, I think in the "Future AC Titles" topic, about why it'd be interesting to have a Connor game that shows both Canada and the US and how opposite the effects of the revolution were in each. Considering how Connor changed by the end of the game, a mix of the Northwest Indian War and seeing the effects of the revolution in both a Canadian and US city (Say, Quebec and Philadelphia or something) would be pretty interesting. And I wouldn't want to see excuses about Philly being too gridded, we have New Orleans and Kingston which aren't exactly the best example of chaotic cities, but from what I can tell they worked (Heard very good things about Kingston, in fact). When you play around with things a bit and don't try to reproduce them 100%, it works quite well. Same can be said of Havana, actually.

Yeah, annual releases clearly need to be worked on quite a bit in advance compared to releases with a bigger gap between them (which is why admittedly I'd like if they went something like 1 year Splinter Cell and Far Cry and the other year Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs or something like that for the sake of a bigger gap). I don't really mind if it's a console, portable or even 50/50 game, I'd like to see where else they can go with a character that still had options. I know they mentioned how they'd like the fanbase to think where his story goes and whatnot, but I'd also like to see what they'd think of it so it at least works as confirmation.

When it comes to Egypt, I'd personally prefer 13th century Egypt and North Africa going as whoever Darim's son would be. Seeing the fallout of the Assassins having to leave Masyaf Castle for good in 1257. And it matches up with the assassination of Izz al-Din Aybak, so if they went there it'd start with a bang

About Egypt, it's pretty far off for them to render a city for a few missions. It's worthy of a setting of it's own, but probably a handheld, cause we already experienced Arabic architecture. After AC5, they would have pretty much shown us Spanish, colonial, Italian, Turkish and Arabic architecture. It's inevitable. They'll either have to go Asian or Russian afterwards. There isn't any setting left. Best thing is that we'll probably leave the Desmond ancestry and find a new modern connection. Big things await the series.

Rugterwyper32
11-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Earlier this year Jade Raymond announced she was back to the AC series

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a503369/jade-raymond-on-assassins-creed-return-it-feels-like-going-home.html

And of course, the series has many, many teams working on it. So Ashraf's personal opinion really doesn't affect where the next game could go, but it affects where the next game that he works on could go. And for all we know, he could be the head of AC6, AC7, AC8... But I'm pretty certain he isn't the one handling the next game, that much I can assure.

ArabianFrost
11-10-2013, 12:23 AM
ACIV was announced at the beginning of March I think.

I read that they will be launching the next title between April 2013 to March 2014, which is Ubisoft's next fiscal year.

Lol, so not long to go at all. ;)

You mean April 2014 and March 2015? No way they're going to rekease a game that quick.

AC3 was revealed in March. I remember cause it was my birthday then. AC4 was revealed in february cause I remember it wasn't near my birthday.

ladyleonhart
11-10-2013, 12:29 AM
You mean April 2014 and March 2015? No way they're going to rekease a game that quick.

AC3 was revealed in March. I remember cause it was my birthday then. AC4 was revealed in february cause I remember it wasn't near my birthday.

Actually, ACIV was revealed right at the end of February with the first official trailer shown at the beginning of March.

Also, I meant exactly that Frost. It was in article I read. By next March, it said we'd know about the next AC. Of course, we'll probably have to wait until November or the end of October.

Edit: At least, that's what they said before ACIV's release... unless they have chosen to delay it now. Besides, they will be releasing AC: Liberation HD anyway... Perhaps they won't then. Hmm... I suppose they may even only want to focus on next-gen now. So, if they don't, maybe it is a good thing.

Rugterwyper32
11-10-2013, 12:50 AM
About Egypt, it's pretty far off for them to render a city for a few missions. It's worthy of a setting of it's own, but probably a handheld, cause we already experienced Arabic architecture. After AC5, they would have pretty much shown us Spanish, colonial, Italian, Turkish and Arabic architecture. It's inevitable. They'll either have to go Asian or Russian afterwards. There isn't any setting left. Best thing is that we'll probably leave the Desmond ancestry and find a new modern connection. Big things await the series.

Here's my take on it:There are still takes on things they haven't shown us, and at one point they'll have to go for settings similar to prior ones but try using the location to their advantage. By this point, nature has become part of the series, plus it's not like they have nowhere left. Islamic architecture has tons of varieties, they could go with Sudano-Sahelian architecture all the way in Mali and connect it with Ibn-Battuta's travels or something, they could very well go for Germany as that's one location that hasn't been touched, Medieval Scandinavia with Stave churches and whatnot, Indonesian architecture... And even when they've gone through various styles of architecture and it seems like repeats, that's when they can bring in the elements from the location to give some variety. Say they go to Colonial South America at one point, Inca architecture was an entirely different beast from Maya and Aztec architecture, so even when we've seen Spanish architecture there's an element of uniqueness and if locations are used correctly that uniqueness can be brought in to stand out.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 01:06 AM
If the French revolution turn out to be true, it will the third numbered game in the 18th century in a row, a rather popular century.

Well it will be the 4th actually if you include Liberation - But I think it is cool actually because that is a cool period with a lot of different things to see and explore. That was a great move in the evolution of a lot of countries back in time - 18th century is called the "century of Light"...

Megas_Doux
11-10-2013, 03:24 AM

I prefer the 100 years war over The French Revolution, although the latter one had MUCH more Historical/cultral impact and is way more popular amongst the fanbase.

Shahkulu101
11-10-2013, 05:40 AM
In a French revolution setting, we will have the ability to seamlessly switch between Connor and Aveline. We will also have cell phone with internet and the ability to shoot whoever we want in the face.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 06:00 AM
In a French revolution setting, we will have the ability to seamlessly switch between Connor and Aveline. We will also have cell phone with internet and the ability to shoot whoever we want in the face.

I like that you mention the switch between Connor and Avline during the French revolution (;))! I was thinking the same, I am not sure about the cell phone part, but I believe UBI will come with something like that... (Like selling us an "UBI - phone" Assassin Creed edition for $299 with the hidden blade for slaughtering your pales and mates during a party)

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 06:02 AM
In a French revolution setting, we will have the ability to seamlessly switch between Connor and Aveline. We will also have cell phone with internet and the ability to shoot whoever we want in the face.And also AC: Online.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 06:06 AM
And also AC: Online.

Let's hope that the servers work better that the ones for U-play and AC initiate LOL!

captin_qwark7
11-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Seems like next year will have a handheld game as well as the main console game as we didn't get one this year. And we all know what Ubisoft is like with annualisation.

Surprised noones brought it up yet but upon entering one of the 2nd level clearance rooms on the Sample 17 floor, there is a box with, 'Confidential: Project Aura'. There is also a picture in that room that seems to depict a cowboy-like assassin, although judging by the palm trees I'd take more of a stab at Australia or South Africa (Possibly the Boer War?) instead of Western America. Not really a setting I would have thought befitting Assassin's Creed but it seems like a rather blatant hint at either a handheld or main console game.
The church featured looks like a mix of styles from Baroque to Renaissance and is very similar to a Dutch reformed church located in Swellendam, which is also in South Africa.

Any thoughts?

Landruner
11-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Seems like next year will have a handheld game as well as the main console game as we didn't get one this year. And we all know what Ubisoft is like with annualisation.

Surprised noones brought it up yet but upon entering one of the 2nd level clearance rooms on the Sample 17 floor, there is a box with, 'Confidential: Project Aura'. There is also a picture in that room that seems to depict a cowboy-like assassin, although judging by the palm trees I'd take more of a stab at Australia or South Africa (Possibly the Boer War?) instead of Western America. Not really a setting I would have thought befitting Assassin's Creed but it seems like a rather blatant hint at either a handheld or main console game.
The church featured looks like a mix of styles from Baroque to Renaissance and is very similar to a Dutch reformed church located in Swellendam, which is also in South Africa.

Any thoughts?

Yep they come with AC pirates as handled for tablet this year or 2014 (?) - I hope they don't do a handled French revolution game because I am done with that franchise - The Boer War is a nice setting and it will be cool to see that someday (BTW, we are off topic right now - that thread is for the future of Connor post AC3....)

captin_qwark7
11-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Yep they come with AC pirates as handled for tablet this year or 2014 (?) - I hope they don't do a handled French revolution game because I am done with that franchise - The Boer War is a nice setting and it will be cool to see that someday (BTW, we are off topic right now - that thread is for the future of Connor post AC3....)

But not a full game like Liberation or Bloodlines. Seeing as people were discussing the French Revolution rumour I thought I'd just throw it in and see if anyone cares.

ze_topazio
11-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Well it will be the 4th actually if you include Liberation - But I think it is cool actually because that is a cool period with a lot of different things to see and explore. That was a great move in the evolution of a lot of countries back in time - 18th century is called the "century of Light"...

But Liberation is a spin-off, not a main numbered game.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 09:50 PM
But Liberation is a spin-off, not a main numbered game.

Yep you are right and I believe that if they do a new installment in the 18th century will be a spin off or sort of (?)