PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3, Save Files, and Uplay

Mimuq
11-09-2013, 12:49 AM
I previously played Assassin's Creed 3 when it was released and got a good 7 or 8 hours into the game before my hard drive died on me. I didn't have the heart to go through all of the tutorials the game forces you to play again, so I took a break promising myself I'd come back to it later. I noticed that Black Flag's release is on the horizon and decided it was probably time to pick up Assassin's Creed 3 and plow through.

So today, I played a few hours of Assassin's Creed 3 and got to the third Sequence of the game when it decided to crash. This wasn't much of an issue to me, so I restarted the game. Uplay pops up a message that it's syncing game save files with the cloud, and I think "Gee, it's nice my save files are being protected". Then I get into game, launch my save file, and discover that all of the progress I made today was reverted to the previous save file, which had no progress.

I am not interested in playing through the tutorials yet again. I don't want to go through Haython's quest to form his band of merry gentleman together again, only to have to play through the same batch of tutorials when I finally get to play as Connor. I don't have the time to have my hand held for 6 hours being taught things I all ready know so I can finally get to the main meat of the game.

I have played all of the Assassin's Creed games and loved them all, until this one. If this is what I'll have to deal with every time I want to just enjoy playing a game, I won't have any of it. I wanted to finish this game before Black Flag came out, but now I'm not interested in purchasing Black Flag. I'm not interested in playing Assassin's Creed any more. I'm just tired of fighting this game every step of the way just so I can see how Desmond's story concludes. His story isn't worth this, and I'm done with this series.

Anykeyer
11-11-2013, 01:13 PM
LOL that escalated quickly.
Use youtube if you want to know how Desmond saved the world, died and released Juno in one of the most dissapointing endings ever. Oops

ace3001
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
LOL that escalated quickly.
Use youtube if you want to know how [spoiler snipped]
You represent the true definition of an a**hole.

Anykeyer
11-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks

YazX_
11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
LOL, awesome thread.