PDA

View Full Version : Let' settle it:Best Ac.PART 2

bismp
11-08-2013, 09:00 PM
The next part about the best ac to date has arrived.this is about the STORY(MAIN CHARACTER,PLOT,MODERN DAY STUFF,VILLAINS ETC)

First part: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/805429-Let-settle-it-Best-Ac-PART-1

Feel free to make suggestions about the other part(s)

Sushiglutton
11-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Went with AC2 as it was the one I enjoyed following the most by a farly wide margin (have not played 4).

ACfan443
11-08-2013, 09:19 PM
AC2. The mystery and conspiracies surrounding the story was fantastic, it had great pacing and was presented beautifully. It also had the best ending in my opinion, a cliffhanger but a brilliant, thought provoking, mind-f***ing cliffhanger.

monsterroc
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Many will not agree but revelations because it had a brilliant conclusion to a great man. Ezio and Altair both had their stories concluded, I loved just walking around Constantinople, the scenery was great and ezios looked bada**! The story was brilliant imo.
Ac2 comes in as a close second

EaglePrince25
11-09-2013, 12:56 AM
AC2 followed so very closely by AC4. I've figured out that the reason I prefer both is the progression the main characters in each go through from start to finish. Ezio goes from a kid as part of a well off family who basically has everything, and then loses it all for reasons beyond his understanding, and while he manages to track down the people who betrayed and murdered his family, at the end of things he's still left with more questions, and I think that's just a part of life. It's balanced out by the furthering of the present day storyline, and while Ezio's story was left hanging, we finally knew at the end what goal the Assassin's in the present were going to be working towards: dealing with and stopping the solar flare that would ravage the planet. Villain wise no villain has ever seemed as compelling as the Rodrigo Borgia and his Cabal did in AC2. Not Cesare, Not Haytham, none of the proceeding villains hold a candle to them, though motive wise they're much better.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 12:59 AM
AC4 yo.

The only AC game that made me shed tears.

...manly tears...

roostersrule2
11-09-2013, 03:43 AM
AC2, because the reviews said it was good.

Mario, where you been ma *****?

Wolfmeister1010
11-09-2013, 04:17 AM
AC4 has the best gameplay of any AC in every form, and I loved AC3's story, and even though I dont really love ezio, the story in AC2 was the best , and the modern day challenges and hacks of AC4 dont come close to the glyphs.

I love AC4s story, but it is a bit weak IMO. If only they had done just a FEW things differently, it would definitely be my favorite. Here is my list of stories from favorite to least favorite, of HISTORICAL story:

AC2
AC3
AC4 tied with ACB
AC1
ACR

My list of MODERN DAY stories from favorite to least favorite

ACB
AC1
AC4 tied with AC2
AC3
ACR

As you can tell I do not like ACR

Assassin_M
11-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Ignore my vote -_-

Story goes to AC III

ace3001
11-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Wasn't it the "cool thing" to hate on AC2 in this forum?

Anyhow, my vote goes to AC2 as well. But no amount of these polls will tell us what the best is. They just tell us what's the most popular. "Best" is always opinion-based, ̶e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶"̶b̶e̶s̶t̶"̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶A̶C̶1̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶.̶

SixKeys
11-09-2013, 05:52 AM
"Best" is always opinion-based, ̶e̶x̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶"̶b̶e̶s̶t̶"̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶A̶C̶3,̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶.̶

Fixed. :p

Not having played AC4 yet, my vote goes to AC2.

Landruner
11-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Ignore my vote -_-Story goes to AC III

Actually AC3 story was really good and interesting

(But it was difficult to follow because of the multiple loading screens...)

shobhit7777777
11-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Revelations - for the best overall Assassin experience. Brotherhood misses out just because ACR does what ACB does and then some. Besides Constantinople is one of my favourite locations

Black Flags ties with Revations. It takes every thing awesome about AC3 and adds it into a beuatful game world with activities that are actually interesting for a change and make narrative sense.

They really should make a pirates spin off

MIA SILENT
11-09-2013, 01:53 PM
AC2 fo' sho

pirate1802
11-09-2013, 02:05 PM
So Shobhit, when are you writing your BF review?

shobhit7777777
11-10-2013, 12:07 AM
So Shobhit, when are you writing your BF review?

Soon. Im halfway done with the game. I I could've reviewed it a week ago TBH....but I felt that a proper review needs a complete playthrough

ArabianFrost
11-10-2013, 12:12 AM
AC4. AC2 had a better conspiracy theme, but I felt AC4's plot was almost always interesting and full of twists and turns that keep it always fresh. Even with its flaws and character progression that could have been expanded upon, it's still my favourite.

Must say though, AC2 was more memorable, but that's probably cause Italy and stuff.

Kagurra
11-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Still not really fair to vote on this yet. Many people haven't played AC4, and the next-gen versions are not out yet.

Assassin_M
11-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Still not really fair to vote on this yet. Many people haven't played AC4, and the next-gen versions are not out yet.
Next gen has nothing to do with story

roostersrule2
11-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Next gen has nothing to do with storyIt's probably because they're waiting for the game so they haven't played the story yet.

Landruner
11-10-2013, 03:06 AM
It's probably because they're waiting for the game so they haven't played the story yet.

AC4' Story what story? :cool: LOL!!!! :rolleyes:

Kagurra
11-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Next gen has nothing to do with story

Well it has everything to do with the story considering many people haven't even played it...

Just saying this poll would be better suited for once the game is out on all platforms.

xx-pyro
11-10-2013, 05:38 AM
AC4 had the best story in terms of Edward's progression. Otherwise, I would probably say AC3. The modern day segment in AC4 however outdid every other game in the sense that it added to the story but didn't rule it.

Hard to say really, but I voted 4 because I really cared about what was going to happen next the whole time.

RinoTheBouncer
11-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Arranging the games from most to least favorite based on the story. Here I will give priority to linking modern day to historical settings:

ACII = AC:R > AC:B > ACIII > AC4 > AC1

However, the gameplay of AC4, to me is better than ACIII, yet the story as a whole of ACIII and how it links modern day with history was much better, neglecting the badly directed ending. AC1 is intriguing story-wise but gameplay-wise, it was repetitive and lame. AC:B had a great link between the past and modern day affairs and the ending was phenomenal. AC:R to me, is a tie with AC2, the game was beautiful to look at, entertaining to play and it’s story and the way it was directed really touched my heart. It was really smart to show how Ezio’s personality transformed and matured with age and the moment at the end when he says “Desmond?” makes me cry every single time.

Now AC2. It’s totally epic. Story, length, gameplay, cutscenes, directing, characters, friends, villains, ending, modern day, history and setting, all perfect. I think they will never surpass the creative brilliance of this game. The ending alone beats every other game ending. “The rest is up to you, Desmond”.