PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at tuning screen after calibration

natesoowal
11-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I can't get past even the first string on the tuning screen. It just fluctuates widely between 999 and -999. I've already adjusted the mic levels and the .ini file. I have no idea what to do. I've tried using two different guitars. A fender mexi strat and an epiphon sg. If anybody could please give me some advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

rcole_sooner
11-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, it can be finicky at times.

Try steadily picking the string while tuning. Experiment with how hard to pick.

The bridge pickup seems to work better.

Humbuckers seems to do better than single coil pickups. Still I have a few humbucker guitars that still have issues, especially with the non-wound strings.

Don't over tighten the string(s). If in doubt loosen the string and start again.

natesoowal
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I think I've put more time in trying to tune my guitar in this screen than I have tuning in every other instance ever.

natesoowal
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I think I should also mention that it continuously tells me to try not to hit the other strings

rcole_sooner
11-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Try using your fretting hand to mute the other strings.

natesoowal
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Try using your fretting hand to mute the other strings.

I've tried this already.

Strumming over the bridge pickup is showing improvement, but it's still just not working.

rcole_sooner
11-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Strumming? :confused:

Strumming generally means more than 1 string, while picking generally means 1 string at a time.

Are you at the tuning screen or the make noise screen?

Do you have an external amp and tuner to make sure your guitar is playing correctly and in tune?

natesoowal
11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I didn't mean to type strumming, I'm past the calibration screen.
Yeah, I have an amp, both guitars are working fine. The SG is pretty new actually. Also, yes, both guitars are tuning fine when I use a tuner.

natesoowal
11-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Figured it out!
Apparently the real tone cable doesn't like usb 3.0 ports as much as it does 2.0 ports.

SquirrellyNinja
11-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Figured it out!
Apparently the real tone cable doesn't like usb 3.0 ports as much as it does 2.0 ports.

Thanks for posting the follow-up when you found a fix. Just in general it's great to see forums where if someone discovers the issue on their own that they share it in case it helps other people.

rcole_sooner
11-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Yes, thanks for posting a follow-up.

Glad you got it fixed. :D

SonicHedgeTrim
11-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Hey there, I've been having this problem since I got the game. I could play a song or two but then when it asked me to change turning I just get stuck on the last two strings. I get it spot on but the loading circle loads a bit and just goes back down no matter what I do. Now I can't even play songs in E standard because I'm stuck on the last string. So I pretty much can't play the game. I've got a Fender Squier. It's like they've got it really touchy but it's so touchy it seems impossible to get past.

If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I'd just love to see them fix this up.

pedietz
11-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Hey there, I've been having this problem since I got the game. I could play a song or two but then when it asked me to change turning I just get stuck on the last two strings. I get it spot on but the loading circle loads a bit and just goes back down no matter what I do. Now I can't even play songs in E standard because I'm stuck on the last string. So I pretty much can't play the game. I've got a Fender Squier. It's like they've got it really touchy but it's so touchy it seems impossible to get past.

If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I'd just love to see them fix this up.

Try picking the note 5 / 10 / 15 times quickly till it registers a full circle.
while you are picking, u turn the turner to lock it in .

Also follow the tip on the other thread about calibrating.
Things are working better for me after recalibrating with the "dont mute strings" tip on the "noise thread".

SonicHedgeTrim
11-13-2013, 06:58 AM
Try picking the note 5 / 10 / 15 times quickly till it registers a full circle.
while you are picking, u turn the turner to lock it in .

You're a legend! That just did it! Thank you so much!

The game should really tell you to do that when you're having trouble I reckon, so people don't get stuck like this.

gr122ly1
11-28-2013, 04:40 AM
I get 5 strings tuned and when I get to high E it bumps me back to calibration and I have to start all over again. Very frustrating that I can't move any further in the game. I'm using an xbox360 and have the audio through my crate amp. Not the best I know but who has stereos anymore !! Was really excited about this after reading all the reviews on it and now I'm just bummed that I can't play it. My wife says I look like a kicked dog :(

mxnjw18
11-28-2013, 01:52 PM
I to have been having the same problem with the high E string. I have used two different electric guitars with no success, just frustration.

Bruce95608
11-29-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm a total newbie to both guitar and RS with a grand total of six days on both, so not sure I am using the correct terminology, but here goes.

I had the same issue on day one and two and I think I've got it more or less under control now. But definitely, there is a problem with the RS tuner...it's VERY sensitive.

First thing I found is to PLUCK the string, not stroke it as you probably would when playing. Also, as mentioned here, pluck it repeatedly WHILE adjusting the tension.
My guitar is a Squirer Bullet Strat....in other words, a strat style. I have the best luck if I set the selector switch to the bridge pickup, which on my guitar is a humbucker, but I don't think that matters -select the pickup closest to the bridge.
if you can't seem to get by a certain string, select calibrate, do that and then come back. It will force you to redo the test on the E, A,D, etc strings - which should be ok - until you get to the one that was giving you trouble. I have had a couple of times when that string suddenly tested right, but even if it doesn't, it seems easier to get it into tune. Sorta like a reset on a locked computer, maybe.

The biggest thing for me, though, was the realization that it matters a lot how you "pick" or "pluck" or "strum" the string. Plucking it...that is slightly hooking it and 'gently snapping" works for me. Do that repeatedly as you tune. Also, If you have a string tuned properly, but then you do a calibrate and then come back and that same string is now out of tune, I'm guessing you are not consistent in how you're picking. See if changing your picking style while tuning will work.

Hope that works for you as it did for me. (knock on wood)
Bruce

famattjr
11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Figured it out!

Yes, my 3.0's did not work at all, 2.0's do. Still takes a long time to tune, the game tuner does not agree with other tuners. You have to let the note ring.

Yogi2004
11-30-2013, 10:16 PM
I need a way to overide this. I have 2 external tuners with the same good readings.. When i make it to the B in the game,even though the line is in the middle it never catches it. I am using 2.0 usb ports and have tried multiple times. Have this game a day already and am getting frustrated. Support team please help.Brand new Strat also! Geez!!

AngelEyes71
12-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Are you kidding me? I just spent 30 minutes in epic frustration, then gave up on playing guitar at all tonight in disgust, and you think its 'neat'? This is a real issue for real customers that paid real money, how about some real support like a freaking email and a patch rather then people like me quitting this game in disgust, which I just did!

swiegand
12-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Are you kidding me? I just spent 30 minutes in epic frustration, then gave up on playing guitar at all tonight in disgust, and you think its 'neat'? This is a real issue for real customers that paid real money, how about some real support like a freaking email and a patch rather then people like me quitting this game in disgust, which I just did!

You are not alone.

dromoter22
01-12-2014, 03:17 PM
You are not alone.

Same freaking problem here. It pisses me off coz I over-loosened the first string at the initial calibration part and now it sounds as if it was really uncalibrated.....the rest of the strings worked fine, which is weird, should I delete the last patch? Will it solve this frustration?

ArielBarkan
04-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Why the Rocksmith can't adjust himself to my already tuned guitar?
The joy of new game has changed to frustration.
My Guitar is T-U-N-E-D!!!!!!
one and a half hour trying to tune my tuned guitar + 15 minutes of creating UBI user and writing this post = 1:45 hours that I could be sleeping...
Why should I search for workarounds for this new games? workarounds are for cracked games!
:mad:

toymachinesh
04-07-2014, 12:00 AM
do you have active pick ups?

Tripiox
09-22-2014, 02:45 PM
Last week I got the Creed DLC for xbox 360, last night when I try to play on nonstop play the game didn't want to move forward the tuning screen, I tune the first string and when was time to tune the 2nd, it came back to the first string all the time. It happened for lead and rythim guitar, re-start my xbox and game several times and it also happened with non DLC songs. The bass worked just fine... any thoughts?