PDA

View Full Version : May I get a second throwing knife please?

SneakierNote
11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
A real assassin would carry atleast two of these cool knives at a time, who is with me? : )

robinthefactory
11-08-2013, 09:28 PM
A real assassin would carry atleast two of these cool knives at a time, who is with me? : )

Me! But I'm still confused on why the hell do I still have one.

LoyalACFan
11-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Me! But I'm still confused on why the hell do I still have one.

Disarming an Agile or picking up his melee knife after he's dead. Edward can't use them as a melee weapon, he just throws them.

SleezeRocker
11-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Im surprissed we only have 1. Minimum I'd think 5 would do :/

But with the Pipe for stealth im good. Also I like going all Tombstone using 4 pistols lol

Side notE: does anyone have the Assassin Pistol Swords? Are they also useable guns as well or just has a explosive finisher?

EaglePrince25
11-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Thank God it's not just me! I was convinced that there was some upgrade I was missing, because only having 1 knife sucks.

Kagurra
11-08-2013, 10:32 PM

But with the Pipe for stealth im good. Also I like going all Tombstone using 4 pistols lol

Side notE: does anyone have the Assassin Pistol Swords? Are they also useable guns as well or just has a explosive finisher?

Just an explosive finisher. Saw it in a gameplay vid.

The swords themselves look cool, but I don't know if I'll be using them. I don't really like the explosive finishers (I think some of them have their own animations... don't quote me on that.). It just seems really unrealistic, and the explosive finish is kinda annoying if you're trying to be at least somewhat quiet. Sucks that they have the best stats of all the swords. At least I think they do.

itsamea-mario
11-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Basically pistol swords just have like 2 or 3 extra finishers, they're alright as swords, they have a high speed stat, but beyond that, fairly ordinary.

robinthefactory
11-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Just an explosive finisher. Saw it in a gameplay vid.

The swords themselves look cool, but I don't know if I'll be using them. I don't really like the explosive finishers (I think some of them have their own animations... don't quote me on that.). It just seems really unrealistic, and the explosive finish is kinda annoying if you're trying to be at least somewhat quiet. Sucks that they have the best stats of all the swords. At least I think they do.

The pistol swords are one of the best not THE best, because it has an equal without explosive finishes and its called the Officer's Rapiers swords. It cost I believe 15,000 Reales, but has the same exact stats as the pistol swords.

robinthefactory
11-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Disarming an Agile or picking up his melee knife after he's dead. Edward can't use them as a melee weapon, he just throws them.

How in god's name is that possible? Every time I disarm them Edward does not take the knife or picks it up. Is it because I already have one?

itsamea-mario
11-09-2013, 12:35 AM
That was the point of this thread, that Edward only carries one knife.

Sturnz0r
11-09-2013, 12:38 AM
How in god's name is that possible? Every time I disarm them Edward does not take the knife or picks it up. Is it because I already have one?

that could be it!

the pistol sword animation where Edward motions, "Look at Me," blade to chin, and then executes him, real greasy...

SneakierNote
11-10-2013, 05:54 AM
Yeah gugs if you would likd to carry ateleast TWO throwing nice yep. Just type a smiple "Yes" If enough of just ask and they might allow it in the game. Throwing knifes are cool Ubisoft please let us carry 2 atleast of these cool knives. On behalf of all you AC 4 BL consumers hank you

Kagurra
11-10-2013, 05:56 AM
The pistol swords are one of the best not THE best, because it has an equal without explosive finishes and its called the Officer's Rapiers swords. It cost I believe 15,000 Reales, but has the same exact stats as the pistol swords.

As, nice. Well I don't have the actual game yet so I didn't know the exact stats of all weapons.

Those one swords that have the max damage, I think they're called the pirate scimitars, they look interesting to mess around with every once in a while even though the other stats are kinda bad.

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 06:41 AM

Other than looking awesome the explosive finishers serve no purpose and waste no bullets.

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 06:45 AM
As, nice. Well I don't have the actual game yet so I didn't know the exact stats of all weapons.

Those one swords that have the max damage, I think they're called the pirate scimitars, they look interesting to mess around with every once in a while even though the other stats are kinda bad.

I wouldn't use those pirate scimitars if you plan on being surrounded (and you will). They're so slow you'll end up receiving more damage than you can deal out with them.

Kagurra
11-10-2013, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't use those pirate scimitars if you plan on being surrounded (and you will). They're so slow you'll end up receiving more damage than you can deal out with them.

I bet they look cool for a pirate though... Normally in AC games I'm so confident I don't mind using a weaker weapon for aesthetics. Like in AC3 I used the Assassin tomahawk even though it has weaker stats. In my mind it was like you HAD to use it. In the Ezio games I never bought any armor that weren't gauntlets and boots. But then again in the Ezio games I did use the best stat weapons most of the time, and used Washington's sword in AC3. It did look good too though.

I'll probably end up using the uplay swords to save money so I can upgrade other things, then eventually buy those Officer Rapier swords if they look alright.

Rithrius
11-10-2013, 07:09 AM
I bet they look cool for a pirate though... Normally in AC games I'm so confident I don't mind using a weaker weapon for aesthetics. Like in AC3 I used the Assassin tomahawk even though it has weaker stats. In my mind it was like you HAD to use it. In the Ezio games I never bought any armor that weren't gauntlets and boots. But then again in the Ezio games I did use the best stat weapons most of the time, and used Washington's sword in AC3. It did look good too though.

I'll probably end up using the uplay swords to save money so I can upgrade other things, then eventually buy those Officer Rapier swords if they look alright.

The uplay swords are pretty average, so i don't think you'll be using them for long. Statistically speaking, the best swords in the game are Officer Rapier Swords or the Pistol Swords. That said, there are many swords with different stats, so to be honest, there isn't really a "best sword" unless they add a DLC sword that has +5 in all stats.

Kagurra
11-10-2013, 07:20 AM
The uplay swords are pretty average, so i don't think you'll be using them for long. Statistically speaking, the best swords in the game are Officer Rapier Swords or the Pistol Swords. That said, there are many swords with different stats, so to be honest, there isn't really a "best sword" unless they add a DLC sword that has +5 in all stats.

Well I'm sure they must be slightly better than starting stuff. But yeah, I saw a list before in a video, but it was pretty brief. I caught a couple numbers but not everything.